AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-02, 13:50   Link #9461
Sandinwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
The greatest sentence of the SS hasn't been adapted ... you should read at least the Misuzu arc.
Wouldn't that be the SS Volume?
Old 2011-04-02, 22:03   Link #9462
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

In the Afterword's of New Testament, Kamachi said that Kuroyuru Umidori's battle tactics ask the question- "Which is stronger? One Level 5 or One thousand Level 4s?"

Given that it's a question and not a statement means that's some uncertainity; BUt what I'm saying is, does it imply that One Level 5 can only be matched with or roughly around a thousand Level 4s? If so that's a very wide gap, but it would prove my theory on how each increase in level is compounded in power.
Old 2011-04-02, 22:06   Link #9463
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
In the Afterword's of New Testament, Kamachi said that Kuroyuru Umidori's battle tactics ask the question- "Which is stronger? One Level 5 or One thousand Level 4s?"

Given that it's a question and not a statement means that's some uncertainity; BUt what I'm saying is, does it imply that One Level 5 can only be matched with or roughly around a thousand Level 4s? If so that's a very wide gap, but it would prove my theory on how each increase in level is compounded in power.
Here's the problem though: Which Level 4s are we talking about, and what facet are we referring to when we say "stronger"?
Old 2011-04-02, 22:11   Link #9464
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Here's the problem though: Which Level 4s are we talking about, and what facet are we referring to when we say "stronger"?
We have no choice but to generalize all level 4s, and lets say stronger = more raw power output.
Old 2011-04-02, 22:13   Link #9465
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
We have no choice but to generalize all level 4s, and lets say stronger = more raw power output.
By raw power output, I assume you mean potential offense and defense?
Old 2011-04-02, 22:14   Link #9466
Flere821
Lurker

Given the above, you also have to take into account which Level 5? It's not like all Level 5s are the same, Accel is not on the same 'tier' as Mikoto as it is.

Besides, considering Mental Out's ability, not even 1000 Level 4s can probably do the fine tuning to the human brain she's capable off when together. It's not all about the scale of power I think.
Old 2011-04-02, 22:17   Link #9467
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Given the above, you also have to take into account which Level 5? It's not like all Level 5s are the same, Accel is not on the same 'tier' as Mikoto as it is.

Besides, considering Mental Out's ability, not even 1000 Level 4s can probably do the fine tuning to the human brain she's capable off when together. It's not all about the scale of power I think.
Indeed. There's also the factor that a Level 4 could have a power that would actually allow them to beat a Level 5. Take Mikoto: What would she do against an Esper whose power was the ability to disrupt electromagnetic currents?
Old 2011-04-02, 22:20   Link #9468
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Indeed. There's also the factor that Level 4's could have a power that would actually allow them to beat a Level 5. Take Mikoto: What would she do against an Esper whose power was the ability to disrupt electromagnetic currents?
Defeat them with tsun-tsun dere-dere moe.
Old 2011-04-02, 22:21   Link #9469
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Defeat them with tsun-tsun dere-dere moe.
But in terms of Esper ability, which of those two would win in a fight?
Old 2011-04-02, 22:23   Link #9470
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Indeed. There's also the factor that a Level 4 could have a power that would actually allow them to beat a Level 5. Take Mikoto: What would she do against an Esper whose power was the ability to disrupt electromagnetic currents?
Ah! But then it would be a case of who can generate or disrupt more In the first place to disrupt electromagnetic current would imply that person is an electric type esper, and there's no more powerful electric user than Mikoto, so there's like a very small chance they could overpower her.
Old 2011-04-02, 22:25   Link #9471
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Ah! But then it would be a case of who can generate or disrupt more In the first place to disrupt electromagnetic current would imply that person is an electric type esper, and there's no more powerful electric user than Mikoto, so there's like a very small chance they could overpower her.
Not really. Take this for example: One laser has an output of 10 J, another 50 J; what happens when the two hit each other?
Old 2011-04-02, 22:26   Link #9472
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Not really. Take this for example: One laser has an output of 10 J, another 50 J; what happens when the two hit each other?
You got me, I have no idea.
Old 2011-04-02, 22:30   Link #9473
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
You got me, I have no idea.
Typically they'll just pass straight through each other and just keep going. But it's also possible, depending on their phase and wavelength along the elecromagnetic spectrum, that they'll interfere with each other either constructively or destructively. What I'm saying is, to disrupt Mikoto's electromagnetic abilities doesn't automatically mean another electromagnetic Esper, and output alone doesn't decide things.
Old 2011-04-02, 22:31   Link #9474
UNDER_LINE

Quote:
Take Mikoto: What would she do against an Esper whose power was the ability to disrupt electromagnetic currents?
You mean like Usukinu Yasumi's ability?
Old 2011-04-02, 22:32   Link #9475
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

When it comes to interference, that still depends of capacity between users; something like that happened in the Kakine vs Rikou fight, were Rikou completely overloaded herself trying to send Kakine haywire; Kakine pointed out that since he was a lvl 5 and she was just a lvl 4, their.... how should I say it? "Scopes" where completely different; so that tactic can't be used if the power difference is too large.

Didn't Nayuta Kihara tried to do something similar in the Mikoto vs Gunha fight and failed for similar reasons? But hey, since that wasn't written by Kamachi, it's anyone's guess on how "literal" should everything be taken in that short story.
Old 2011-04-02, 22:34   Link #9476
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
When it comes to interference, that still depends of capacity between users; something like that happened in the Kakine vs Rikou fight, were Rikou completely overloaded herself trying to send Kakine haywire; Kakine pointed out that since he was a lvl 5 and she was just a lvl 4, their.... how should I say it? "Scopes" where completely different; so that tactic can't be used if the power difference is too large.
I took that to mean their AIM fields were at different levels of output, in which case the overload Rikou experienced would be justified. Kakine had more AIM to use, in other words, to replace what Rikou interfered with.
Old 2011-04-02, 22:42   Link #9477
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post

Didn't Nayuta Kihara tried to do something similar in the Mikoto vs Gunha fight and failed for similar reasons? But hey, since that wasn't written by Kamachi, it's anyone's guess on how "literal" should everything be taken in that short story.
1. Kakine is a special esper AND Rikou needs to use Body Clear drug to activate it, and her health during that time was poor.

2. Its stated Nayuta isn't as good as Rikou is, and Rikou needs Body Clear, during that time.

Vol. 15 Chapter 2 Part 2 updated:
http://baka-tsuki.org/project/index....me17_Chapter_2
Old 2011-04-02, 23:02   Link #9478
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
1. Kakine is a special esper AND Rikou needs to use Body Clear drug to activate it, and her health during that time was poor.
Kakine only said that being a Level 5 he has far more juice than Rikou at Level 4, having a special power never was the main factor, in the end AIM is the same.

Quote:
2. Its stated Nayuta isn't as good as Rikou is, and Rikou needs Body Clear, during that time.
Either way, if it's a matter of power, Level 4s can't out-do a Leve 5. We don't know what Level Nayuta is, but it's obvious that you're going to need ALOT of power to screw with a Level 5's ability.

That's a big difference when a power is "Has tactical Military Value" and when a power is "Capable of taking on Armies".

At that point, there are easier technological methods, but in an outright display of power? No way.
Old 2011-04-02, 23:06   Link #9479
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Either way, if it's a matter of power, Level 4s can't out-do a Leve 5. We don't know what Level Nayuta is, but it's obvious that you're going to need ALOT of power to screw with a Level 5's ability.

That's a big difference when a power is "Has tactical Military Value" and when a power is "Capable of taking on Armies".

At that point, there are easier technological methods, but in an outright display of power? No way.
Touma. No power needed.
Old 2011-04-02, 23:10   Link #9480
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
W-WHat?! You have to pay for those stuff now?! T-That's outrageous!
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen