AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-10-08, 13:34   Link #1
Mangakasan
BURST LINK!!

Anime like "the world god only knows."

Okay so I just finished the world god only knows anime, and I heard that the part of the opening, where he is walking down the street playing his game, was very similar to another anime opening. I was just kinda looking for it, so if you know it then post haha. Or if you know any good anime similar to TWGOK (or one with the main character with a handheld device), then it would be much appreciated .
Strength isn't just about winning. Even if my attempts are pathetic and comical, and even if I'm covered in the mud of my defeat, if I can keep fighting and look up at the sky as I lie on the ground, that alone is proof of true strength!
Mangakasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 08:33   Link #2
Mangakasan
BURST LINK!!

Huh, I thought I would at least get one post besides my own...
Strength isn't just about winning. Even if my attempts are pathetic and comical, and even if I'm covered in the mud of my defeat, if I can keep fighting and look up at the sky as I lie on the ground, that alone is proof of true strength!
Old 2012-10-15, 11:18   Link #3
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangakasan View Post
Huh, I thought I would at least get one post besides my own...
It looks like you're looking for one specific anime (the name) instead of a full list of suggestions.

You might have better luck finding the name if you post that description here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=11904

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 15:14   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Many kinds of devices, including hand-helds, are used to play the game in Summer Wars.

SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 09:00   Link #5
Mangakasan
BURST LINK!!

Thanks! I'll try it. All suggestions are welcome
Old 2012-10-16, 12:59   Link #6
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

TWGOK is, IMO, one of the best, most unique, harem comedies ever so there are really not very many anime like it.

However, if you are down for manga, check out Oretama.

It's about as close as something can be to an H manga without actually being an H manga, so don't know if that is a turn off for you, but a lot of the humor, characters, plot devices, are strangely reminiscent of TWGOK.

It's pretty funny though definitely inferior to TWGOK.
NinjaRealist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 19:44   Link #7
Mangakasan
BURST LINK!!

thank you so much! i will try it. and any other suggestions of anime like twgok, or anime featuring handheld devices will be accepted and greatly appreciated. i accept manga or anime titles... so yeah.
Old 2012-10-16, 19:47   Link #8
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Oh just had a thought. It's not really like TWGOK at all and is more just a parody of harem mangas in general, but Mangaka-San To Assistant-San To is maybe the funniest ecchi comedy I've ever read (the other competitor would be TWGOK ).
Old 2012-10-16, 20:05   Link #9
Mangakasan
BURST LINK!!

haha yeah i have already read that! its so funny haha. thanks! and any suggestions are welcome
Old 2012-10-18, 13:12   Link #10
Laniaka

The manga Denpa Kyoushi is also about an otaku solving girls problems. And i think the anime is coming soon as well.

And Fujimura-kun meitsu is another harem parody manga.

They're both very different from TWGOK but you might want to try them out.
Laniaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 14:23   Link #11
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

While the currently airing Robotics;Notes deal with making robots in real life and has slice of life vibes, the main character uses a special device to play video games.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 13:52   Link #12
Mangakasan
BURST LINK!!

Thanks guys I'll try my best to watch them / read them as soon as possible! Suggestions are always welcome!
Old 2012-10-19, 18:48   Link #13
jesh462

I'd suggest reading the manga for TWGOK if you like the show. The anime hasn't caught up to the manga, so you can just keep going with the story.
While I haven't seen the anime, I have a feeling you'll like the manga more.
jesh462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 19:22   Link #14
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesh462 View Post
I'd suggest reading the manga for TWGOK if you like the show. The anime hasn't caught up to the manga, so you can just keep going with the story.
I think the anime is actually really well done and almost as good as the manga.
Old 2012-10-19, 23:13   Link #15
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesh462 View Post
This ^

I means the manga actually get better as it goes. It's probably feel weird at first to follow a franchise in a different format (anime <-> manga). However, it's totally worth it.
Old 2012-10-22, 09:37   Link #16
Mangakasan
BURST LINK!!

I've already been reading the Twgok manga since before the anime started. I agree it is really good, and I agree with the statement about how the manga is better. But I also agree that the anime does a great job portraying the manga. Anymore suggestions (perferably anime but manga works too.) are welcome and I will try to watch all of them.
Old 2013-08-08, 01:43   Link #17
bobbyhead333

Cool I Have a Suggestion :3

If you haven't already, I would recommend watching SAO (Sword Art Online). In a video, someone compared Sword Art Online to TWGOK (The World God Only Knows). My friend first introduced me to SAO, and I was so fascinated by the art work, the story line, and basically everything about it, I had to look up "Animes Like SAO", which leads me to watching the great anime that is TWGOK. I would highly recommend this, though it has more action than romance, and it has 25 episodes. Hope you enjoy, if you do accept my request. Both are about electronic devices, SAO being more advanced than TWGOK. Nerdy... .3.
bobbyhead333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 01:52   Link #18
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyhead333 View Post
If you haven't already, I would recommend watching SAO (Sword Art Online). In a video, someone compared Sword Art Online to TWGOK (The World God Only Knows). My friend first introduced me to SAO, and I was so fascinated by the art work, the story line, and basically everything about it, I had to look up "Animes Like SAO", which leads me to watching the great anime that is TWGOK. I would highly recommend this, though it has more action than romance, and it has 25 episodes. Hope you enjoy, if you do accept my request. Both are about electronic devices, SAO being more advanced than TWGOK. Nerdy... .3.
Hello Bobby. I see that you're new. Look at the date before posting and avoid bumping threads nearly a year old.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 02:28   Link #19
bobbyhead333

I really don't get sites that I make an account on just to reply to one single comment. But, thanks for notifying me of this, the next time I come on here, I'll make sure it's up to date before I post anything.
bobbyhead333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 02:44   Link #20
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyhead333 View Post
I really don't get sites that I make an account on just to reply to one single comment. But, thanks for notifying me of this, the next time I come on here, I'll make sure it's up to date before I post anything.
lol, I would find a forum or two you like the look of and start posting there... instead of making accounts to reply to random posts you find on google (or however).
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electronic device, games, handheld device, the world god only knows, twgok