AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2015-03-08, 06:47   Link #1
kyuudere

Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni (In a Corner of this World)

from wikipedia
Quote:
In a Corner of this World (この世界の片隅に Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni?) is a manga series written and illustrated by Fumiyo Kouno which ran from 2007 to 2009 in Weekly Manga Action. It follows the life of Suzu Urano, a young bride with her new family living on the outskirts of Kure City during the Second World War. It is available on JManga under the title "To All The Corners of the World".[1] It will be adapted into an anime film.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kono_Sekai_no_Katasumi_ni
Synopsis :
This successor of the long selling Heisei classic “Town of Evening Calm, Country of Cherry Blossoms” is a family drama set in Hiroshima's military city Kure during the war. Protagonist Suzu marries and moves from Hiroshima City to Kure, where she encounters uncertainty in her new family, her new city, and her new world. However, she manages to live each day healthily and happily.

MAPPA will adapted this manga into movie. And the event was held today.

http://www.mappa.co.jp/news/news_2015.html

Quote:
劇場アニメ『この世界の片隅に』のイベントが開催されます

MAPPAが企画準備中の新作劇場アニメーション『この世界の片隅に』(原作:こうの史代、監督:片渕須直 )のイベントが、2015年3月8日(日)の13時(開場:12時)から阿佐ヶ谷ロフトAで開催されます。 連続企画として続いてきたこのイベントも、今回が最終回。イベントのレギュラー出演者である監督の片渕須直 さん、アニメーターの松原秀典さんにくわえ、最終回記念ゲストとして、原作者のこうの史代先生もご登壇の予 定です。

イベントでは、作品に関する大切なお知らせが行われる予定です。詳細は下記のリンク先からどうぞ。なお、イ ベントの前売り券は完売しております。当日券に関しては、会場の阿佐ヶ谷ロフトAにお問い合わ せください。

Anime of "in a corner of this world" event will be held

MAPPA is new theater animation in planning preparation "in a corner of this world" (Original: Fumiyo Kōno, Director: Sunao Katabuchi) of events, 13:00 of March 8, 2015 (Sun) (Doors open: 12:00) it will be held in from Asagaya loft a. This event was becoming followed as a continuous planning also, this is the last round. Migraine Fuchi 須直's director is a regular performer of the event, in addition to Hidenori Matsubara's animators, as the final times memorial guest, authorship of Fumiyo Kōno teacher also is scheduled for your podium.

In the event, is scheduled to important announcement about the work is performed. For more information please from the following link. In addition, advance ticket of events we have sold out. For today's ticket, please contact us to Asagaya loft A of venue.
Official website :
http://www.konosekai.jp/

Director :
Sunao Katabuchi (Director of BLACK LAGOON, Mai Mai Miracle, assistant Director of Kiki's Delivery Service)

Last edited by kyuudere; 2015-03-08 at 07:41.
kyuudere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-08, 06:54   Link #2
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Oh ho? This one looks interesting.

Have not heard of the manga before, though....
Old 2015-03-08, 07:34   Link #3
kyuudere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Oh ho? This one looks interesting.

Have not heard of the manga before, though....
yeah, actually this is also the first time I heard about it. I only know Yunagi no Machi Sakura no Kuni / Town of Evening Calm, Country of Cherry Blossoms.

The manga is licensed into English by JManga in digital version and never physically published. And now JManga is shut down, with all their translation, so it's impossible to find / buy from amazon.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/jmanga-shu...ought-with-it/

Also, they will open the crowd funding event tomorrow :

Quote:
@konosekai_movie :
【発表!】『この世界の片隅に』はクラウドファンディングで制作支援メンバーを募集します。スタートは明日 3月9日(月)11時。よろしくお願いします! 

'Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni' will be open to crowdfunding soon, starting March 9th at 11:00. Thank you for your support!
Images
illustration
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-03-08, 07:50   Link #4
kyuudere

More info :

劇場用アニメ映画『この世界の片隅に』のアニメ化を応援してくださる「制作支援メンバー」を募 集します。
>'Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni' will be open to crowdfunding by the public.
「この映画を作りたい、この映画が公開されるのを見たい」という熱意と志ある皆様のご参加をお待ちしていま す。
>We hope to gather the support of people passionate about getting this film made and released.
この映画は、準備作業に4年を費やしながら、まだ本格的な制作がスタートできておりません。
>Although pre-production has been underway for four years, actual production has yet to begin.
集まった制作支援金は、スタッフの確保や、パイロットフィルムの制作に使わせていただきます。
>We hope to use crowdfunded capital to support the staff's livelihoods and in the production of a pilot film of 'Kono Sekai'

「映画のスタートを切る第一歩」にご協力下さい。一緒に作品を動かしましょう。
>Join us in taking the first step of this production. Help us bring this work of art to life.

Well....MAPPA is good studio, but they're still small compared to MADHOUSE which owned by NTV. I hope this crowd funding event will success.
Old 2015-03-09, 04:13   Link #5
kyuudere

New information :

■『この世界の片隅に』作品概要
●原作:こうの史代『夕凪の街 桜の国』
●監督・脚本:片渕須直『アリーテ姫』『BLACK LAGOON』『マイマイ新子と千年の魔法』
●アニメーション制作:MAPPA
●プロデューサー:丸山正雄(MAPPA)、真木太郎(GENCO)
●公開:2016年、全国の劇場にて公開予定
●公式サイト http://www.konosekai.jp

Maruyama Masao is the producer, and the movie will be opened next year at Japan's cinema.
Old 2015-03-18, 00:17   Link #6
kyuudere

The crowdfunding campaign for the anime film of Fumiyo Kono's To All The Corners Of The World (Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni) manga reached its goal on Wednesday. The campaign launched in Japan on March 9.

The campaign's goal was to reach 20 million yen (about US$164,873) in funding, and as of press time the campaign had raised 20,354,000 yen (US$167,788) from 1,736 backers.

The crowdfunding campaign offers six tiers of rewards from 2,000 yen (about US$17, with a member's pin badge and a letter from the lead character Suzu) to 1,000,000 yen (about US$8,000 with the badge, the letter, an invitation to one of three production support member meetings in July, and a name listing in the ending credits). The campaign will end on the Makuake website on May 29.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ng-goal/.86086
Old 2015-03-18, 10:55   Link #7
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Wow ... that was pretty fast! Only 9-10 days, eh?

And Mappa studio, eh?

The ANN link above has a few images too, and I think they look beautiful.
Old 2015-03-18, 15:11   Link #8
AnimeFangirl

Glad to hear it's been funded. I hope it will be a cheerful show and not at all depressing despite the setting.
Old 2015-05-31, 05:33   Link #9
kyuudere

The crowdfunding closed today, with total 3,374 backers and reached 181% it's initial goal (20 million Yen)!

Quote:
Wow ... that was pretty fast! Only 9-10 days, eh?

And Mappa studio, eh?

The ANN link above has a few images too, and I think they look beautiful.
Yeah, the Japanese fans also quite enthusiast about this project.

These are few images of the event held on May, 5th.

http://konosekai.jp/news/?tag=%E3%82...83%BC%E3%83%88

Yeah, MAPPA will be the studio that handles the animation.
And seems this anime is one of Maruyama's ambitious project.

I hope he and MAPPA will make more movies, like Yume Miru Kikai / Dreaming Machine or Pluto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
Glad to hear it's been funded. I hope it will be a cheerful show and not at all depressing despite the setting.
Yeah I also curious about the story.
Recently I got some scan of the manga but unable to read it

I hope Viz or other publisher can take the license from JManga and publish the printed version.
Old 2015-06-03, 04:12   Link #10
kyuudere

https://twitter.com/konosekai_movie/...26832634920960

アニメーション映画『この世界の片隅に』の製作が正式に決定いたしました! 全国公開は2016年秋、劇場配給は東京テアトルが担当します!

The date had been decided, it will be premiered in Fall 2016. Tokyo Theatre will handles the screening of the movie.
Old 2015-08-02, 03:29   Link #11
kyuudere

1st PV is out :

Old 2016-06-14, 10:05   Link #12
Dop
Mmmm....

UKAnime: Animatsu Entertainment have acquired global distribution rights, no further news as to when, but that's good to hear.

I loved "Town of Evening Calm, Country of Cherry Blossoms" so I'm interested in watching this.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-24, 03:59   Link #13
Dop
Mmmm....

New trailer:-

More about the casting here.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-04, 12:41   Link #14
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

I just learnt about this crowdfunded project, completely by chance. I was immediately captivated by its visuals, and especially by its theme song.

It turns out that Kanashikutte Yarikirenai ( 悲しくて やりきれない , "This Unbearable Sadness") is an old tragic song that's been covered by several artistes over the years. The movie's version was adapted and performed by kotringo, who interestingly chose to give the song a brighter, more positive spin.

This is most probably meant to reflect how Suzu endured her hardships with pluck and determination.

The lyrics are below, with my stab at a translation:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
胸にしみる空のかがやき
My heart is pierced by the glittering sky
今日も遠くながめ涙をながす
Once again, my tears fall, as I look to the distance

悲しくて  悲しくて  とてもやりきれない
It's so sad, it's so sad, it's just too much to bear
このやるせないモヤモヤを だれかに告げようか
This miserable sadness, with whom can I confide?

白い雲は  流れ流れて
The white clouds, they drift on and on
今日も夢はもつれ  わびしくゆれる
Once again, my dreams are tangled; they waver wretchedly

悲しくて  悲しくて  とてもやりきれない
この限りないむなしさの  救いはないだろうか
From this endless emptiness, is there no one who can save me?

深い森の  みどりにだかれ
The deep forest green envelops me
今日も風の唄に  しみじみ嘆く
Once again, the wind keens with earnest grief

悲しくて  悲しくて  とてもやりきれない
このもえたぎる  苦しさは  明日も続くのか
This burning, boiling anguish, will it continue tomorrow?
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-04, 11:39   Link #15
l.kostas

November 21, 2016:
Mainichi Shimbun: 'In This Corner of the World' Film Projected to Earn 500 Million Yen

January 4, 2017:
In This Corner of the World Anime Film Earns 1 Billion Yen
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-07, 14:59   Link #16
AnimeFangirl

Any word of an English release?
Old 2017-01-28, 00:16   Link #17
Verso Sciolto
Banned

"Interview: Legendary Anime Producer Masao Maruyama by Andrew Osmond posted on ANN.
Verso Sciolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-28, 01:16   Link #18
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
Any word of an English release?
In the quoted interview above it mentions a (I presume Japanese?) company that will distribute this film "globally".

I think that is about the extent that I have heard regarding an English release up to now, though....

Definitely is one I am looking forward to checking out, though.
Old 2017-01-28, 20:45   Link #19
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Quote:
In the quoted interview above it mentions a (I presume Japanese?) company that will distribute this film "globally".

I think that is about the extent that I have heard regarding an English release up to now, though....

Definitely is one I am looking forward to checking out, though.
A "Doc" hosted at http://americanfilmmarket.com offers info about tentative release schedules but no definitive dates. Affiliations between various companies involved in production and distribution are also briefly mentioned.

Download link Doc: http://americanfilmmarket.com/wp-con...-11.07.16.docx.

"A theatrical launch is slated for this summer, followed by distribution on other platforms." per:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...canada/.111655

Update. Monday, February 13, 2017: Fourteen weeks into its release and with 68 "screens" the film again remarkably maintained a spot in the top 10 for this weekend's listings, dropping one spot to #8. According to the http://eiga.com/ranking/ for the previous weekend and the most recent weekend*.

The level of detail for the creation of the protagonist's voice was mostly lost on me but is perhaps interesting to mention.
Spoiler:

On March 18, 2017, Non received the Special Prize at the eleventh annual Seiyū Awards, for this role.

Last edited by Verso Sciolto; 2017-03-18 at 07:18. Reason: ANN - Link with tentative "Global" release schedule updates. Rankings, Voice acting, Award
Verso Sciolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-14, 06:40   Link #20
l.kostas

In This Corner of the World Anime Film to Open in 23 Countries
Quote:
The film is already slated for a premiere in Mexico on March 3 with Katabuchi and lead actress Rena Nounen in attendance, following by Spanish-subtitled and dubbed screenings. The film will also screen in Argentina, Chile, and other South American countries on March 17; Thailand on March 23; in Hong Kong on March 30; in the United Kingdom in June; in Germany in July; and in the United States and France in September. In addition, the Akiba Pass Festival is showing the film in 10 cities in Germany, Australia, and other countries, and the film will formally open in Gemany in July.

The film won the Hiroshima Peace Film Award at the Hiroshima International Film Festival in November, and it screened at Annecy in a Work in Progress session in June.
Film magazine Kinema Jump named In This Corner of the World the best Japanese movie of 2016. In addition, the magazine awarded Katabuchi with the Best Director Award. The film also won the Japanese Movie Award of Excellence and the Noburou Oofuji Award at the 71st Annual Mainichi Film Awards.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote