AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-12-07, 07:44   Link #3981
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost

That Selvaria, I have fucking pre-ordered on impulse.
Old 2011-12-08, 07:28   Link #3982
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Nendoroid Cheerful Japan Saber & Rin version (Not confirmed yet)

What happened to both of them?? O.o
Are they pregnant?? O.o
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 08:24   Link #3983
Akarin

^Saber with french braid O_o Now I need to know zero caster's reaction.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 09:09   Link #3984
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

RAWCAT LAWNCHAIR.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 09:21   Link #3985
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
^Saber with french braid O_o Now I need to know zero caster's reaction.
Easy, "MA PUCELLE!!!"
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 09:54   Link #3986
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

RAWCAT LAWNCHAIR.

That figures so nice but I'm not going to buy it. She's the best Metal Slug character <3
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 00:17   Link #3987
Puddingman

What drives everybody to buy figurines? Do you play with them or is it more of a collection concept?
Old 2011-12-09, 00:22   Link #3988
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ It's part of internalizing a certain series or character that you like enough.

not that I have the money for this stuff anyway.
Old 2011-12-09, 00:47   Link #3989
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddingman View Post
What drives everybody to buy figurines? Do you play with them or is it more of a collection concept?
Same logic as to why the Greeks and Romans from the bygone eras carve statues out of marble.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 00:57   Link #3990
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
I collect scale figures, and some certain nendos; I don't even play with the nendos, I configure them with the parts I like best and display them as that. Very rarely swap parts or anything, so I really shouldn't have nendos at all.

I personally dislike figma type "action" figures, and ball jointed dolls and they're what I imagine people "playing" with due to pose-ability. For me, it's just collecting nice sculpts of characters I like, or just figures that I think look great.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 01:23   Link #3991
amasposu

I used to dislike figma's but my opinion recently changed. The main advantages figma's have over PVC figures are:
#1) They are significantly cheaper. The PVC figures I buy usually cost $80+ USD. Figma's are more like $30.
#2) With PVC figures, you often times cannot change parts or make different poses. They're like statues. With figma's, you can. In fact, my Kurisu comes with over 10 hand-parts and 3 faces. I can change her pose if I am tired of her current one.
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 01:38   Link #3992
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisui View Post
#1) They are significantly cheaper. The PVC figures I buy usually cost $80+ USD. Figma's are more like $30.
That's the key reason I started buying Nendos. Can get 2-4 for the price of one scale figure. But being cheap has led to me buying some I don't even want. The latest of which is Erio. I have absolutely no idea why I ordered her.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 03:57   Link #3993
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisui View Post
I used to dislike figma's but my opinion recently changed. The main advantages figma's have over PVC figures are:
#2) With PVC figures, you often times cannot change parts or make different poses. They're like statues. With figma's, you can.
Those two are also my two reasons against them.
1, They are certainly cheaper, but the quality is not much better than a trading figure (or any other Bandai product)
2, Being posable makes it look like a cheap action figure, and thus it's more like a toy, not a 'real' collectors item of value.

3, I hate seeing their joints

Quote:
What drives everybody to buy figurines?

Do you play with them or is it more of a collection concept?
The main reason is that I like to own my favourite characters in figurinnes. Most of the time I'm satisfied with a single high-quality figure of a top-favourite character, I'm not set out to collect every release of that character. While for the lesser-favourites I can also settle for a better looking prize figure.

You can't play with PVC 'statues', just admire it like a work of art

Last edited by Revan21; 2011-12-09 at 04:07.
Revan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 06:00   Link #3994
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
That figures so nice but I'm not going to buy it. She's the best Metal Slug character <3
She is my waifu so I preordered.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 11:48   Link #3995
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Owning stuff and showing our "love" toward a given character, also supporting the industry in our own ways, and yeah, in the case of PVC figures, some of them are nice, sweet, super, whatever superlative, piece of arts, from an anime/video game/manga fan point of view.

Alos, show off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
Those two are also my two reasons against them.
1, They are certainly cheaper, but the quality is not much better than a trading figure (or any other Bandai product)
2, Being posable makes it look like a cheap action figure, and thus it's more like a toy, not a 'real' collectors item of value.

3, I hate seeing their joints

I received T800, Hunk and Alien. T800 have lost a screw in the manufacturing process I think, resulting in one of his pieces coming out loose, which pissed me off. Alien was no fucking better, for one he was struggling to keep standing and while I tried to find him a stable pose, his arm got busted at the joints, the company producing them is NECA, I don't know what's their standings in the industry but they lost a potential faithful customer here.

Only Hunk have been fine.

I am upset over T800 and Alien, really. And this shit makes me cautious about articulated figures in the future.

Also my collection so far

Spoiler:

The rest about Sakuya in my blog.
Old 2011-12-09, 13:05   Link #3996
Revan21

I also got a couple of NECA figures but IMHO most of them are terrible compared to japanese figures.
First of all, if they are sculpting a real person who acts as a certain character, most of the time you'll hardly even recognize that person (my John McClane Bruce Willis looks like Nixon). Their sculpt and painting are extremely sloppy, there are always huge errors in the plustic, and the paint just tends to rub off after awhile. Or it starts producing oil and gets all sticky, mostly when it comes to the painted skin colour.

I got Ada Wong, Lara Croft and Mr.47 from their game lineup, their skin has already turned orange after 2years of just standing on the shelf (no heat source nearby, or sunlight).

If you can afford it, you are way better off getting the movie characters from Kotobukiya.
Old 2011-12-09, 19:09   Link #3997
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddingman
What drives everybody to buy figurines?

Do you play with them or is it more of a collection concept?
What drives people to buy model cars, tanks, or airplanes. Why do people collect model trains (though those you can play around with since they are powered on tracks and such)? Why do people buy models of fictional spaceships?

Probably some of the same reasons.
Old 2011-12-10, 01:20   Link #3998
Puddingman

Quote:
What drives people to buy model cars, tanks, or airplanes. Why do people collect model trains (though those you can play around with since they are powered on tracks and such)? Why do people buy models of fictional spaceships?

Probably some of the same reasons.
Lol, well, I don't know why people do those things. I'm not trying to be insulting so no need to justify anything, just curious.

I guess I can liken it to buying my favorite manga, even though I've read them online.
Old 2011-12-10, 02:15   Link #3999
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I don't know the answer either. Nor do I buy figurines. Use to buy some models but that was some time ago. I was collecting miniature for gaming, but that was for actual use in games. And ironically, those models were anime related. There were all Star Blazers miniatures.

Like these:

(These are not mine, but are of the same type)
Old 2011-12-10, 11:52   Link #4000
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Collecting Figures is among the same 'psychology' as any type of collection or any type of souvenir