Old 2009-10-18, 01:17   Link #81
klare

just hope a new movie or OVA will come to provide a proper ending
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 03:22   Link #82
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

This is one of the worst sequels I'v ever watched, it made me feel so bad that I get stomach aches whenever I hear the word 'Nadesico'. I can't believe I loved the first series so much, only for this movie to ruin the whole thing for me.

There are few moments here that are spectacular, and there are many more that are spectacular failures. It’s utter codswallop, yet enjoyable if you really unplug your brain. I swear I kept glaring at the screen when the movie finished for like 1 or 2 hours and couldn't believe what I just watched.

I recommend the TV series and forget this movie ever existed.
Old 2009-10-18, 03:40   Link #83
BOZZY

If only there was some sort of closure in Nadesico: POD it would have been great. Sometimes I really hate open ended endings...
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 21:46   Link #84
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
This is one of the worst sequels I'v ever watched, it made me feel so bad that I get stomach aches whenever I hear the word 'Nadesico'. I can't believe I loved the first series so much, only for this movie to ruin the whole thing for me.

There are few moments here that are spectacular, and there are many more that are spectacular failures. It’s utter codswallop, yet enjoyable if you really unplug your brain. I swear I kept glaring at the screen when the movie finished for like 1 or 2 hours and couldn't believe what I just watched.

when you look at it it wouldnt have been that much of a terrible ending if the stupid studio ended up making the final OVA but noooooooo because they decided to leave it in the stupid ambigious way they did it is probably the worst ending to a series ever.

by the way it is good nadesico getting some love on here
Old 2009-10-18, 22:30   Link #85
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
when you look at it it wouldnt have been that much of a terrible ending if the stupid studio ended up making the final OVA but noooooooo because they decided to leave it in the stupid ambigious way they did it is probably the worst ending to a series ever.

by the way it is good nadesico getting some love on here
idk school days is rather had to beat worst ending wise.

who knows, maybe if we can get enough people talking about it it will make the studio reconsider. lol. or maybe it could be like tenchi muyo and they will come out with another series many years after.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 22:43   Link #86
Nvis
Where are the good animes

That's why we want The Mission animated.

And the movie's intent was to make you play the game.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 22:54   Link #87
RisArk

School Days had the best ending ever. Wat'chu talking about?

The only solace is Super Robot Wars ending the story properly, like all bad storylines.
RisArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 23:25   Link #88
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
idk school days is rather had to beat worst ending wise.

who knows, maybe if we can get enough people talking about it it will make the studio reconsider. lol. or maybe it could be like tenchi muyo and they will come out with another series many years after.
personally i actually thought school days was one of the funniest endings too a series i have ever seen in my life. i was actually laughing uncontrolably when i was watching it.
Old 2009-10-18, 23:49   Link #89
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post

Thats because the movie is set after the Gap of Three Years, which was a game sequel for the TV series, and a prequel to the movie.

The movie's actually enjoyable once you get the plot details from the game, as the plot makes sense.
Old 2009-10-18, 23:58   Link #90
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Thats because the movie is set after the Gap of Three Years, which was a game sequel for the TV series, and a prequel to the movie.

The movie's actually enjoyable once you get the plot details from the game, as the plot makes sense.
I know what happened in the game, I read about that already and it didn't change my views for this movie. It doesn't justify nor matters that this was a BAD attempt sorry excuse of a sequel.

I won't enjoy this movie even if I fall asleep during it because I'll probably have nightmares.

Once again, I recommend the TV series but pretend this movie never existed.
Old 2009-10-20, 20:48   Link #91
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

the first movie would have been good but only if they made the second one to tie up all the loose ends that they left. but by them leaving Prince of Darkness as a stand alone finish is just shit.
Old 2009-10-21, 13:08   Link #92
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Honestly there is NO WAY a 2nd movie would ever redeem the first.

This was unfocused and poorly written.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 20:12   Link #93
fukarming

Is there ANYONE who play Nadesico the Mission (dreamcast game) and understand the plot? I play the game but I don't understand japanese so I just beat the game as a strategy RPG game. I heard rumours that Akito and Yurika supposed to appear in the game but I never saw them. If the rumours were true, I probably miss them by choosing the wrong options. Can anyone confirm it?
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 20:23   Link #94
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Honestly there is NO WAY a 2nd movie would ever redeem the first.

This was unfocused and poorly written.
yeah but still any new ending that they decide to finish with on the second movie would be better than the crap that they used in the first.

i demand a redo.
Old 2009-10-25, 19:52   Link #95
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
Never played the game-but in all honesty the movie wasn't that bad-it could have been better but I throughly enjoyed it.
Old 2009-11-20, 13:04   Link #96
digiinuyasha

you know there's something wrong with the movie if even after all this time people are still complaining about it.
digiinuyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 13:12   Link #97
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

the complaint really isn't about the movie. it is the lack of a ending that people are complaining about. if there was a sequel which give nadesico a proper ending no one would be complaining.
Old 2009-11-20, 14:21   Link #98
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiinuyasha View Post
you know there's something wrong with the movie if even after all this time people are still complaining about it.
Well that's certainly not true; people complain about a lot of things long after they come out.
Old 2009-11-22, 13:42   Link #99
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Searching on anidb reveals this thing is all the way from 96' - 98' ?! Given this here is not the Unaired forum I'm guessing there's no new stuff coming, and by the date of the thread, never was. So let me see if I understand you all have actually been criticizing this for 12 years now... stop beating the dead horse already.
Old 2009-11-22, 18:06   Link #100
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Searching on anidb reveals this thing is all the way from 96' - 98' ?! Given this here is not the Unaired forum I'm guessing there's no new stuff coming, and by the date of the thread, never was. So let me see if I understand you all have actually been criticizing this for 12 years now... stop beating the dead horse already.
Yeah, you'll find that people do that a lot with titles that make noise in the anime community.

Heck, people have been getting on Evangelion's case ever since the TV series ended, albeit that could also be attributed to the fact that it never really stopped like Nadesico since Gainax has kept making more Eva stuff over the years.