AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

Old 2006-01-12, 20:26   Link #81
froinlaven
Wanchu!

I just finished watching the first episode. Originally I thought this anime was going to be really bad due to the plot, but for some reason it works. Or maybe I just like to see girl-girl relationships... Did anyone else think that Ayuki looks like Nanaka from Nanaka 6/17? Overall, this first episode was really well done. I'm looking forward to more!

Here's my impressions of Kashimashi
froinlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 21:30   Link #82
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Oh yes! I love these gender swapping anime genres they're so interesting and usually hilarious. The other thing I like is that two of my favorite seiyus are doing the voice acting so that's another plus.

I just saw episode one and the animation looks cute and clean. Hazumu looks so adorable in the end sitting on the ground naked and looking innocent. Female Hazumu reminds me of Yurie from Kamichu! some how.
Old 2006-01-12, 21:46   Link #83
monir
cho~ kakkoii

One question:

Does Hazumu retain all the memory up until the rejection? I was expecting Hazunu to at least startle after seeing Yasuna. "Yes" or "no" would suffice.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 21:52   Link #84
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
One question:

Does Hazumu retain all the memory up until the rejection? I was expecting Hazunu to at least startle after seeing Yasuna. "Yes" or "no" would suffice.
yes.

And I think Hazumu wasn't startled probably because she just "woke up"?
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 22:03   Link #85
Sakuya
*Artist

Wow, it seems TEAM TOMARI has just subbed Kashimashi. That was fast. I was sort bored by the first episode because nothing happens. Not to mention that there wasn't much BGM either.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 22:18   Link #86
nsstrunks
The Dot

I finished timing/typesetting the first episode, but without a translator it doesn't look like I'll ever release it though :\
nsstrunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 22:42   Link #87
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Well ask Team Tomari if they would be interested in a joint project venture. That way they will be able to encode hardsubs instead of releasing SRT. You will be happy and they will be happy knowing it will be harder for the thieves ripping off of their hardwork.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 23:48   Link #88
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Soooooooooooooooooooo...can anyone read lips? Well, not actually lips...because they don't really have lips...just holes in their face that lack teeth, lips or tongues (Can anyone read animated holes?), but can anyone tell what they're saying in the opening? The two of them....in the classroom? Just before they kissed…????

Just wondering...confession maybe? And just how far into the future was that first scene? If it’s a spoiler, just toss it under the SPOILER tags.

TIA.

Oh...and is this really yuri? I mean, (s)he's still a guy...(s)he has guy memories, so isn't this more of a love story between the mind of a boy and a girl?
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 23:58   Link #89
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Soooooooooooooooooooo...can anyone read lips? Well, not actually lips...because they don't really have lips...just holes in their face that lack teeth, lips or tongues (Can anyone read animated holes?), but can anyone tell what they're saying in the opening? The two of them....in the classroom? Just before they kissed…????

Just wondering...confession maybe? And just how far into the future was that first scene? If it’s a spoiler, just toss it under the SPOILER tags.
That scene's not far into the future, if I remember right from the manga that scene will be coming up pretty soon, maybe even in the next episode.

I really liked the first episode, the premise of the show sounds insane (imagine trying to explain it to a random person on the street), but then again so do frogs from space living in the basement and Keroro Gunso's a great show too.

The character designs and animation were awesome, and it's hard for me not to like any anime with Horie Yui in it, something about her voice can make any character moe. I'm still rooting for Tomari though, although I have a bad feeling she's going to end up losing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
Female Hazumu reminds me of Yurie from Kamichu! some how.
I can see the resemblance a little, although female Hazumu is a little more...er..."developed"...
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 23:59   Link #90
nsstrunks
The Dot

It's..... hard to explain whether it's Yuri or not. Since (s)he's a girl now, it could be considered Yuri, since the two people look and seem to be girls unless you know the story...

However, it's not because (s)he has all the memories of being a guy and doing guy things, etc. etc.

It all depends on the reader/watcher.
nsstrunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 00:46   Link #91
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

^Unavailable for questioning.
Old 2006-01-13, 01:04   Link #92
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsstrunks
It's..... hard to explain whether it's Yuri or not. Since (s)he's a girl now, it could be considered Yuri, since the two people look and seem to be girls unless you know the story...

However, it's not because (s)he has all the memories of being a guy and doing guy things, etc. etc.

It all depends on the reader/watcher.
In the strictest sense, if he still identifies himself as a guy regardless of his body, the "relationship" is not yuri.

For the outward appearance aspect, and to people who do not know the truth to his identity, you would of course think of it as yuri.

Now what if the guy was originally gay (as a guy)? Now as a girl and being attracted to another real girl would that be yuri?

I personally think it's based on what he identifies himself as the main conditional and whatever body a person may have as secondary.

Same would go if a real girl was attracted to other girls originally but was then put in a guy's body while still keeping her thoughts. I think most would agree the relationships she has would still be yuri.

Saw the first ep, liked what I saw. Not expecting much from this but should be a good anime to watch for some comedy and light romance.
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 01:31   Link #93
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

I find the severe lack of background music surprisingly dissappointing for this type of anime.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 01:33   Link #94
Thelastguardian

As the Yank said, "What the heck..." XDDDDD

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I also read the manga, but I won't try to be the 154th person comparing the faithfulness of the anime to manga.

Here are some of my 'observations"

1. I am sorry, but someone got to do it. The space ship, in anime and manga alike, looks like a giant flying penis. At least that's what I thought when I saw the ship in manga.

2. Somehow the headquarter of Nasa looks more impressive than its real world counterpart...and I didn't know that the main building is that high...while the control room is about 4 times as small as the real one, and is nowhere near Florida (and a lot darker too).
Also wouldn't the "OMG the aliens are attacking us" decision make by, I don't know, the Commanding General of NATO or NORAD or US 7th Pacific Naval Fleet or something, and not some civilian type program manager?

It is an unidentified flying object! It's obviously manmade! (?!!)
With 3 minutes and 36 seconds, it will crash into the ground!
Recheck it! We are not allowed to make any mistake this time!! (WTF! Let me guess, the first mistake happened in 1947.)
What the heck...

Man I could just throw in a couple of "All your base are belong to us" jokes in there XDDD

4. Team-something fansub didn't translate this part quite right, but what the heck (oops).
The alien disclosed themselve to the earthlings because of something that calls Intergalatic Species Protection Act- if a race has injuried another race by accident, the former race must disclose themselve to the lesser race, apologize publicly, and undo any damage caused by their action. Also earthling is supposed to be a Level 5 Evolution civilization or something...

Someone has been watching Star Trek, I see.

5. I wonder if the alien just take the guy's DNA, take out the Y chromosome and replace it with the X chromosome...
Accident, my ass .
Old 2006-01-13, 01:34   Link #95
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by froinlaven
Did anyone else think that Ayuki looks like Nanaka from Nanaka 6/17?
You have a point here, they're pratically the same! (meaning of course the adult Nanaka behaving serious) . I forgot to add this side note to my post, but oh, I'm glad someone else noticed
Old 2006-01-13, 01:48   Link #96
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
5. I wonder if the alien just take the guy's DNA, take out the Y chromosome and replace it with the X chromosome...
Accident, my ass .
Rofl.....sounds so true.
Old 2006-01-13, 02:15   Link #97
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon

^Unavailable for questioning.
Ha! I immediately thought of this show, too. Poor Megumi, getting stuck with Genzo at the end, when she obviously belonged with Miki. Let's hope things turn out better for Hazumu.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 03:37   Link #98
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian

Here are some of my 'observations"
This is called thinking too much. Though I do have to wonder about a civilization that thinks telling an entire planet that they accidently killed a young boy, but brought him back as a girl is a good idea. At least in the manga, they displayed some common sense by returning Hazuma to his... err her... yard fully clothed, rather than in the middle of the woods on a mountain naked like in the anime.

Besides the alien said it was an accident. We can either accept that, or assume the aliens are perverts who go around the universe turning guys into girls to satisfy their yuri fantasies.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
At the vey least, they're satisfying your yuri fantasies (looks at avatar).
My yuri fantasies can only be satisfied if Nemu and Sakura from Da Capo get together.

Last edited by Kamui4356; 2006-01-13 at 04:34.
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 03:40   Link #99
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Besides the alien said it was an accident. We can either accept that, or assume the aliens are perverts who go around the universe turning guys into girls to satisfy their yuri fantasies.
At the vey least, they're satisfying your yuri fantasies (looks at avatar).
Old 2006-01-13, 05:03   Link #100
phrozen

umm..I really wanna watch this but i don't have the right codec. Can anyone tell me?
phrozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, genderbender, romance, seinen, yuri