AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-07, 18:36   Link #21
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

once zolo is a master swordsman he will be able to cut anything regardless of substance by seeing the life of the object opposed to the physical touch. however most likely mihawks sword also is made from seastone. zolo cannot change his main sword so i doubt that it will be embedded with sea stone.
Old 2006-07-07, 19:00   Link #22
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
once zolo is a master swordsman he will be able to cut anything regardless of substance by seeing the life of the object opposed to the physical touch
Yes I agree you clearly can see this coming as well. Hell Oda already hinted towards this with his "Breath" technique!

Like I said Mihawk no doubt in my mind is probably behind Whitebeard in power!

Whitebeard
Mihawk/ Shanks since they were rivals!!!
Old 2006-07-07, 20:36   Link #23
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP

I doubt Mihawks sword is made of seastone. That'd make it unbreakable as seastone is harder then diamond.

I'm not sure if I understand your reasoning behind that statement, why does the sword being unbreakable, mean that Mihawks sword is not made of seastone.
Old 2006-07-07, 20:40   Link #24
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

To me the really strong guys will only get their reputations weakened if they possess the strongest of equip. Don Krieg is an example. Depending on equip doesn't make a strong character cool.

But Mihawk said that the Black Sword is the strongest sword in the world, I can see that it may be made of seastone. But this weakens my impression of him. It will further weaken if he actually has a devil fruit ability.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-07-07, 21:01   Link #25
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Mihawk said that the Black Sword is the strongest sword in the world, I can see that it may be made of seastone. But this weakens my impression of him. It will further weaken if he actually has a devil fruit ability.

I could see if him having the DF powers would weaken your impression of him but why would him having a sword made of seastone weaken your impression of him, at most all seastone would do is even the odds.
Old 2006-07-07, 21:08   Link #26
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well, like Zoro's master said, there are swordsmen who can cut nothing, but can also can everything with the same katana.

A swordsman's strength doesn't come from the sword, the sword only channels the swordsman's strength. A normal katana can slice steel and not only the best swords.

So if you're using a really strong sword, it clouds the judgement from others on how strong you really are.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-07-07, 21:29   Link #27
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
True! I highly doubt Mihawk has any devil fruti ability.

1) Mihawk would be cheating Zoro not relying on true skill to have the #1 title.
2) A swordsman's sword is his pride and spirit nothing else.
3) Oda has already hinted at swordsman in the world of One Piece can cut anything.

Oda uses the swordsman's inner strength (spirit) for their true power.

In my mind I believe Mihawk is roaming the Grandline's untouched because of his World class skills! nothing else.
Old 2006-07-08, 04:05   Link #28
Fishman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
once zolo is a master swordsman he will be able to cut anything regardless of substance by seeing the life of the object opposed to the physical touch. however most likely mihawks sword also is made from seastone. zolo cannot change his main sword so i doubt that it will be embedded with sea stone.
Zoro,Luffy,Nami,Sanji,Robin,Usopp,and chopper, that is the names, no zolo or ruffy, and 4kids dubs make me want to make me kill myself
Old 2006-07-08, 21:01   Link #29
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
To me the really strong guys will only get their reputations weakened if they possess the strongest of equip. Don Krieg is an example. Depending on equip doesn't make a strong character cool.

But Mihawk said that the Black Sword is the strongest sword in the world, I can see that it may be made of seastone. But this weakens my impression of him. It will further weaken if he actually has a devil fruit ability.
My impression of Mihawk wouldn't be lessened if his sword were made of seastone. We already know he doesn't use it unless the opponent is worthy of it. That's why he used the small knife against Zoro.

Also, my impression of Zoro isn't lessened because he uses three weapons instead of 1 like Mihawk or none like Sanji.

Like many people have said before, it's not the weapon, it's how you wield it.
Old 2006-07-09, 03:07   Link #30
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
the color of mihawk sword black, so it definitly not made of steal or any other element. when i though it was made of sea stone it was because of it is color. now saying that using sea stone not skill, i don't think so because aginst logia DF user even mihawk won't be able to touch so he can't fight them. if he can fight aginst them without using sea stone then he is really really powerful man.

but i think i made wrong assumption sea stone color is dark gray or something like that and even thought it hard to break it can be bend .. but i am thinking that the only stone which has the same color as mihawk is the same stone that poneglyphs where written on them. but even the world goverment tried eveything in their power to destroy them but couldn't even break them a part.
they are not made of sea stone that's i am sure of because the world goverment where able to use the sea stone to create nets, staffs and other thing. and robin touched them without lossing her power in arabasta if i remeber correctly.

having a sword that can't be break is very important for a swordsman, even zorro need swords like that. before he get the recent swords he at least damaged a lot of them.

so mihawk sword could be made of pongraph' stone, which is another question itself how he got it !!!?
Old 2006-09-23, 08:38   Link #31
cp9
Cipher Pol nr.9

Location: No way, <--supposed to be an R in there but i forgot where:P
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u
What do you think Hawkeyes bounty is because I read on Wiki that it is speculated to be over 600 million berries before he became a warlord

you should consider that maybe mihawk dont have a bounty..
the reason that a pirate is a shinintai (it that correct spelled?)
is because he is famous and strong enought to cause fear to other pirates.

and maybe mihawk is very famous since he is the greatest swordsman...
yet he is very strong and if he got a bounty i bet it would be like 500mill almost same as i think shanks bounty is, since their rivals.
Old 2006-09-23, 08:43   Link #32
cp9
Cipher Pol nr.9

Location: No way, <--supposed to be an R in there but i forgot where:P
Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue
crocodile was 80 million, robin 78 million

crocodile was 80mill and Robin is 79
Old 2006-09-23, 09:27   Link #33
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp9
crocodile was 80mill and Robin is 79
I thought Crocodile was 81 million and Robin 79 million.
Old 2006-09-24, 00:10   Link #34
S_C_L-1

plz dont double post CP9...

hell, maybe his sword is a legendary weapon... like Pluton... especially if its made of the same mineral as poneglyphs... it WOULD make sense...
Old 2006-09-24, 00:22   Link #35
Elemental-Magus
Tin-Plate Wapol

I thought a seaking ate his arm.......but yeah Mihawks sword has to be made of something awesome like Seastone or ponyglyph hmmm wonder where he got it.
Old 2006-09-24, 00:29   Link #36
S_C_L-1

well, we know that Hawkeyes and Shanks are rivals... maybe they were part of the same pirate crew at some point? maybe back when buggy got his DF......

also, we dont know what crew Shanks/buggy were in when they were young...

now, if we consider that the captain of that crew didnt mind if some 1 in the crew ATE the fruit instead of just cashing in on it, we can assume that the captain was pretty damn rich/powerfull...

Gol D Roger maybe? White beard? makes sense to me...

also, how did Shanks get his scar? or rather, WHO gave it to him... a young Mihawk? could some 1 check out the early episode with the buggy/shanks flashback to c if he had his scar? im too lazy lol

EDIT: also, we dont know WHO taught Mihawk how to wield a sword... and neither do we know anything about Zoros past... well, nothing pre-dojo anyway... parents? how much older is Mihawk? did he have any infatuation?
Old 2006-09-24, 06:14   Link #37
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
welll Mihawk and shanks were never part of the same pirate crew ... or i don't think that mihawk was a pirate either ... even thought mihawk is a part Shibukai, does'nt mean he realy need to be pirate but he need to be someone that could be simpleof fear and have reputation and is not part of WG or marines ...
if Mihawk have bounty he maybe got it by other mean simply but not listening to WG or maybe killing another Shibukai could got him a bounty without even being a pirate. then he got invited to be a Shibukai and accepted (since they can do anything they want with permission of the WG).
and that maybe explain why Mihawk don't have pirate crew and travels alone.

now Shanks and MiHawk are rivals for sure because when Mihawk got to that island where shanks where having funs. shanks crew (not the oldest ones) got feared by him. and shanks asked him if he came to pick a fight or something like. anyway the fact that Mihawk knew where shanks is and a lot of shanks behaviours .. i think they pretty mush knew each other.

also croc bounty were 80 mili , and robins was 78 mili
Old 2006-09-24, 07:39   Link #38
S_C_L-1

Quote:
welll Mihawk and shanks were never part of the same pirate crew
where was it said they were never part of the same crew? i think i missed that part.

Quote:
even thought mihawk is a part Shibukai, does'nt mean he realy need to be pirate but he need to be someone that could be simpleof fear and have reputation and is not part of WG or marines ...
if Mihawk have bounty he maybe got it by other mean simply but not listening to WG or maybe killing another Shibukai could got him a bounty without even being a pirate. then he got invited to be a Shibukai and accepted (since they can do anything they want with permission of the WG).
and that maybe explain why Mihawk don't have pirate crew and travels alone.
wait... i thought u knew? so you know my theorys are wrong but yours are possible by default?

Quote:
now Shanks and MiHawk are rivals for sure because when Mihawk got to that island where shanks where having funs. shanks crew (not the oldest ones) got feared by him. and shanks asked him if he came to pick a fight or something like. anyway the fact that Mihawk knew where shanks is and a lot of shanks behaviours .. i think they pretty mush knew each other.
so being part of the same pirate crew at one point is completely out of the question then right? cuz... u know... 2 ppl in the same crew cant be rivals... i mean... sanji and zoro arent in the same crew right?

I was just tossing facts and ideas around so we could theorise... u dont have to be a f'ing hypocrit...

this is all just speculation. no 1 is right until Oda devellops these things. thats the entire POINT of speculating... trying to make sense of it all.

if there is a reason why my or any 1 elses reasonings are wrong, give a reason. if there was some PROOF that hawkeyes and shanks werent in the same pirate crew at any point in time, then its alright... but to my knowledge, there isnt. contribute something!

Last edited by S_C_L-1; 2006-09-24 at 07:50.
Old 2006-09-24, 11:14   Link #39
CrumCon

His bounty must be around 300 to 400 million belli.

higher is not possible, since in one piece universe only Devils fruit users will be the most powerful.
Old 2006-09-24, 13:52   Link #40
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue
also croc bounty were 80 mili , and robins was 78 mili
Do you remember which manga chapter that's from? I'm having trouble finding it. But according to wikipedia and a couple other sites, croc had 81 million bounty and robin a 79 million bounty.
Closed Thread