AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-27, 08:14   Link #41
gibits
Endless

The title is a bit rude but he has a point. I really feel that people are a bit too snotty and possesive about Naruto as a whole. Lord forbid you say anything that that doesn't hail naruto to the heavens, even one bit of criticism is comdenming it.

You say something like "man its draging out a bit too much" and you got fanboys flaming your ass like there is no tomorrow. Lets face it, the fact that it drags has been brought up many times and is a part of the series. As fans we have a right to be impaitient. THIS ANIME/MANGA DOES DRAG FOR A LONG PEROIDS. You really can't dispute it. Some of us like it (more character and plot devolopment) while others wished it would be done in more moderation.

As for the content, I wouldn't say its boring, but it is very different from the first 30 esps. Namely its not as happy and cheery as it used to be (especially true for the manga). Its still enjoyable but not the same anymore..... you dig?
Old 2004-06-27, 09:43   Link #42
Liss-sama

Send a message via MSN to Liss-sama
well yes indeed the first saga was truly the best one (the first 19 episodes) it's always that way in every serie i would say...
Old 2004-06-27, 09:56   Link #43
swerv
Stay Up

yeah I agree that Naruto is has been geting a bit boring lately, but like I said in the ep 89 thread, I think it's because all we've been seeing lately is just Naurto and Jiraiya.

This show works best when more of Naruto's mates are involved, him on his own gets very tedious.

Quote:
and for the those of you bashing the thread starter, theres no need for the "WTF? NARUTO IS TEH BEST, YOUR A MORON" remarks. Everyone has an opinion, and if you don't like it, you don't gotta acted like fucktard fanboys.
haha so true. Also putting forward responses like 'don't watch it if you complain' are not contributing anything to to thread, the whole point is discussion. Just because some of us criticise some parts of the show doesn't mean we don't basically enjoy watching it.
Old 2004-06-27, 10:02   Link #44
killusuka
the one you wish you were

Send a message via AIM to killusuka Send a message via MSN to killusuka
lol i agree about the fanboy stuff...
specially those who lectures you on how to watch the show
"watch it by batch blah blah to make it not boring"
lol..so aside from bashing personal opinions they want to take over your viewing preferences now?
lol people at this board needs to learn the meaning of the word respect...
www.dictionary.com then type in "respect".
and as i remember this is a PUBLIC forum..
anybody has the right to free speech..i dunno why fanboys keep shooting down people with different opinion than them..

anyway, enough ranting..i doubt it will make anymore impact to people who are afraid that their favorite anime is being called "boring".
Old 2004-06-27, 12:48   Link #45
indo

i downloaded eps 1-86 on a LAN meeting weekend in 30 minutes time then i watched all the eps (i had heard of naruto but never seen it before) i absolutely loved each episode but.........

now that i have to wait a week for each ep i'm kinda beginning to dislike the show, the fillers and all are funny but to wait for what whill happen on exiting moments is just agonizing.

that's the only thing i hate about naruto. the waiting if you have to wait a week for a 20 minute episode and find out that wat you anticipate what will happen that episode will be dragged to either the next episode or the one after that. so i understand the frustration of some people because before i had to wait this long it did'nt bother me either but now it sure does
Old 2004-06-27, 14:07   Link #46
Terriator

Send a message via ICQ to Terriator
man, I absolutely diagree about the show going downhill :P ...what?, now I've waited for a new episode each week in over a year, and I think each episode gets better (Except for the Lee-Gaara match, those episode were better than anything up untill now).

I don't think the show is getting boring at all. I'll keep downloading and enjoying each episode, each week. Sure, it can be bothering to wait one week for each episode, but on the other hand; It comes each week (well, almost), and there's no season break or nothing, they just keep coming
Old 2004-06-27, 14:28   Link #47
Jn183

Naruto remain the same for me until I read the manga. Somewhat spoil it for me. Didn't look forward to it as much. Also, I perfer an older group of characters. Ex., One Piece's characters
Old 2004-06-27, 14:31   Link #48
Terriator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jn183
Naruto remain the same for me until I read the manga. Somewhat spoil it for me. Didn't look forward to it as much. Also, I perfer an older group of characters. Ex., One Piece's characters
Finally :P ..someone who says the manga spoils some of the fun of watching the series :P ...everyone I've talked with always says; "Don't worry, you'll just enjoy the anime even more". I havn't read the manga, and I don't think I will as I don't mind that week of waiting that much
Old 2004-06-27, 15:28   Link #49
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terriator
Finally :P ..someone who says the manga spoils some of the fun of watching the series :P ...everyone I've talked with always says; "Don't worry, you'll just enjoy the anime even more". I havn't read the manga, and I don't think I will as I don't mind that week of waiting that much
Yeah it spoils the story and surprises a lot. The only thing reading the manga did for me is make me crave to see the battles in the anime, but even this makes it worse too .

If you read the manga, then the point the anime is at right now is even more boring it seems like.
Old 2004-06-27, 15:37   Link #50
Terriator

Whahaha....thank god I came to this forum tonight :P ...I was planning on downloading the whole manga, because everyone said it would only make the anime better :P ...thank god ....
Old 2004-06-27, 17:48   Link #51
Dev Gun
The Yokohama Killer!

Send a message via AIM to Dev Gun
Yea, Naruto has gotten Soooo boring, that they should change the name to Shikamaru!
Ahhhahahaha

time to watch dragonball
Old 2004-06-28, 00:10   Link #52
BigIdiot

yes it is gettin very slow. same goes for the manga. They have to seriously start doing ninja missions again like the zabusa story. I mean this is about ninjas after-all,...id like to see naruto go on real stealthy/deadly missions in other countries/villages were some intense sh*t goes down like the first story. had enough of leaf and its people, it just keeps draaaaaaaging.
Old 2004-06-28, 02:16   Link #53
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

I think the chuunin exams slowed down the story telling a bit and it hasn't picked up that much after that. But with that over and the kimi thing over we seem to be getting back to quality story telling with sasuke's background and leaf village.
Old 2004-06-28, 02:58   Link #54
Merco
I like pie

I have to say that indo has a good point,

90% of all the bitching with both anime/manga chapters deal with a delayed gratification issue. Getting an episode once a week is an arduous task.

It's not that the show itself is boring, it's that a lot of you don't read novels all that much...

Let me explain that last sentence a bit.

With most novels, you take a long time reading a decent book. A lot of novels I've read go up to 500+ pages and take a couple weeks to finish reading. Once you're done, if it's a series, you can expect another novel in a year to a year and a half...

(In the case of A Song of Fire and Ice, longer...)

I don't let things like that get to me...

But, I bet you're wondering how this relates to Naruto... Well generally, if you put the situations together, waiting a week for each episode/chapter isn't as big a deal as waiting a year for a book... When I put that perspective on this situation... it's ridiculously easy to wait out a chapter/episode a week. (the only thing that really irritates me is when an anime gets licensed...

Don't blame this on story either...
Spoiler for manga:

As far as the anime is concerned, I can't convince you without spoiling you, so I won't
Old 2004-06-28, 04:39   Link #55
Narutto Kyuubi

Cool

I agree with Merco, If you sat someone down in a year and showed them eps 90 to 130 or so they would find them just as good and well paced as they would watching episodes 1 through 40.

Seriously, If you think long and hard about it I am sure everyone will agree that with any LONG story there are going to be parts that aren't as interesting as others and there will be parts that are obviously more important then others. It's a part of life people adjust to things the more they see them and then those things that used to be scary or exciting get dull and repetetive. If a long series gives you constant tension, or contsant fighting or constant talking or constant plot of constant humor for the whole duration of a long story you end up being used to that and it isn't as enjoyable. Also it can only give you one of those things at a time(though some of it may overlap slightly) there is only so much you can tell in so much time without losing on other things. Thus, it becomes neseccary to balance these things and kind of send them of in "waves".

to much story and the "action" people get impatient
too much fighting and the "story" people get impatient
too much plot (lots of different things happening at once) and some think the series is rushed.
not much for plot and some people think it goes to slow.

It's really hard to balnce all these things in a single episode so it becomes neseccary to "manage" these events with groups of episodes that may have a little of this and a little of that but mainly do one thing for the overall story. Then you combine these groups to make up an overall arc or story that fits into the grand story which is the series itself. like the episodes after Naruto vs. Garaa you got the funerals, a little bit on akatsuki, they get introduced, enter itachi and kisame a litle bit of action and drama, then itachi vs. sasuke for tragedy, naruto and jiraiya training for more newcharcter intro, backstory, more introductions, a lightening of the overall feel of the series, humor and antics. Beyond that starts the pain and serious fighting and deep backstory and very tense drama.

I started naruto with just the anime, I liked it alot. then I caught up and it seemed to slow down, I would rewatch the "newest" episode like 4 times that week. Finaly, I couldn't take the waiting. I read the manga a few chapter ahead of what was currently going on in the anime at that time. I read everything through as fast as I could DL it. I loved every part of it. I didn't notice a change in the flow of the "story" between my seeing the naruto anime as fast as I could DL it and my reading the manga as fast as I could DL. Everything seemed to fit and flow in a very logical and natural way nothing got to busy or to slow, not too much fighting or too much story. I loved the explanations of the moves the series does. It allows me to connect with the world more and see things clearer. None of the named characters seemed to hollow or empty either. The problem I believe "some" people are having is that there are so many things that they "expect to see" or "hope" happen that by the time the next chapter or anime is out they end up feeling let down or unsattisfied and that is what leads to a feeling of "slow" paced. I've noticed that when someone expects something and it happens close to what they predicts they are exstatic and overjoyed, but if something happens that is different (ei I nice backstory flashback with lots of character detail and/or new questions to someones past). They tend to #&$^@ or whine about it and say it's dragging and so forth and it's really only because they don't or can't wait any longer for the "cool" thing they wanted to see happen.

eps 1- 40 there aren't alot of expectations cause the story isn't that old yet but by now the series is getting so old (in RL time for running lenght not in entertainment value) that everyone and their brothers abused red headed step child has there own "opinion" of what exactly is gonna happen (myself included) or there veiw on every aspect of the show that it becomes impossible for kishimoto to keep pleasing everyone A. because he doesn't know what your all thinking. B. Because someone you don't even know what your "thinking". (like things he couldn't even do if he wanted it without changing the story completely) and C. those things he could do are so far apart from eachother or are so far from what the story is supposed to be about that doing it would alienate more people then it would please.

Popular comparison. naruto = crack. A crackhead is always happy...as long as he has crack to smoke. Once he smokes all his crack time stands still and even if he does get another rock on payday pretty soon he needs more of the same kind of rock to get the same feeling and when he can't get anymore then that he gets mad and starts saying "it isn't enough" and "I need more [whatever]". Now if you clean him up and he stays "clean" for a while then he gets ahold of that same amount of crack that wasn't enough before he'll feel the same way as when he first used it.

(I do NOT advocate the use of drugs. They are very bad and will KILL you. This is a comparison only.)
Old 2004-06-28, 04:50   Link #56
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
I'd have to agree that Naruto is going too slowly. Season 1 was by far the best, imo. Story/pace/character development wise. I think Naruto's pace is way the hell better in manga form, imo. Even though it is "dragged out" its more entertaining reading it, then it being animated. If Naruto were an hour ep, then maybe the pace would of been a lot better, but as a half hour show, nah.
Old 2004-06-28, 05:49   Link #57
Terriator

You guys need to learn patience ... I don't think Naruto is "going slow". I think that Narutto Kyuubi made a really good point; people are too impatient and expectant, meaning they often get disappointed when they see the "new" episode.

I don't have that problem....at all. Of course I'm waiting for the new episode all week like everyone else, but I don't think about it all week. Like, I don't make up theories about how the next episode is going to be, and I'm not sitting in front of my computer 24/7 to get the new episode as fast as possible :P, meaning that I can enjoy every episode more :P

Maybe it's because people don't have anything else to do, but to wait for the next episode :P. Because I know it's Not because I'm not as big a Naruto fan as everyone else I'm never bored and I always have other stuff to do
Old 2004-06-28, 06:17   Link #58
swerv
Stay Up

hmm I don't think anyone has said the reason they think Naruto is becoming less appealing is because they have to wait a week between each episode.

As for the arguement that these 'slower' episodes contain important character development well I don't agree with that much either, seeing 15 mins of Naruto learning a new jutsu, then one brief flashback for another character about their past is pretty weak and can barely be called character development.
Old 2004-06-28, 09:44   Link #59
DracoBattousai
Within the Shadows

Meh swerv,if that didnt happen then people would say"This is DBZ,he instantly learns a new move without anyone see howing or why."
You cant please everyone so i think your just out of luck.
Old 2004-06-28, 10:38   Link #60
Terriator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoBattousai
Meh swerv,if that didnt happen then people would say"This is DBZ,he instantly learns a new move without anyone see howing or why."
You cant please everyone so i think your just out of luck.
Agreeing. I believe it's good for the story to have these "explanations" or whatever you call them for everything that happens. And it doesn't bother me as i like seeing them (well...mostly). An anime shouldn't be all about constant fighting, I enjoy watching all these flashbacks and such to get to know more about the Naruto world
Closed Thread