AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-24, 02:14   Link #401
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hey guys, check this out.

Merry Christmas!
Old 2010-08-24, 08:16   Link #402
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

They also said Aria Volume 5 would ship two and a half years ago... then it got delayed for a year. I won't be trusting their shipping dates anymore. They're as and as the old ADV Manga was abbot them, now.
Old 2010-08-24, 15:35   Link #403
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

^Hey it's something, so i'm gonna trust it.
Old 2010-08-24, 20:25   Link #404
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
^Hey it's something, so i'm gonna trust it.

"Praise not the day until evening has come, a woman until she is burnt, a sword until it is tried, a maiden until she is married, ice until it has been crossed, beer until it has been drunk."
— Michael Crichton (Eaters of the Dead)

^ Quoted for truth. Also known as "Don't count your chickens until they're hatched."
Old 2010-08-25, 17:21   Link #405
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm really debating whether to bother. I want to see a release schedule for the rest of the series and I want to see them commit to and make at least a few dates before I feel like giving them something other than a shovel to the head. I'd *rather* they sell the license to someone with more credibility at this point.
Old 2010-08-25, 17:45   Link #406
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm really debating whether to bother. I want to see a release schedule for the rest of the series and I want to see them commit to and make at least a few dates before I feel like giving them something other than a shovel to the head. I'd *rather* they sell the license to someone with more credibility at this point.
Like Yen Press, for example? Hell, DARK HORSE is more reliable at this stage... and TokyoPop should be renamed "America's Worst Weaboos", after the "Top Otaku" thing they're trying to run in the US...
Old 2010-08-25, 17:48   Link #407
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
Like Yen Press, for example?
Who i was hoping would have picked up the ARIA license from ADV like they did with Yotsuba, but no..

Ah well, at least volume 06 appearing on rightstuf is something.
Old 2010-09-03, 09:10   Link #408
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
Like Yen Press, for example? Hell, DARK HORSE is more reliable at this stage... and TokyoPop should be renamed "America's Worst Weaboos", after the "Top Otaku" thing they're trying to run in the US...
Ah... THATs what is irritating me about that stupid contest. I hate the term w**b** but it definitely seems to apply in spades and has me thinking they don't really respect their customers at all (coupled with the terrible customer relations -- and no, lots of splashy colors and flashy webbery isn't "customer relations" when you won't answer a basic f'ing question)
Old 2010-09-03, 15:47   Link #409
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Gist of it: TP has forgotten that it was about manga and chose to pursue some social networking+alternative media ventures. In a business context it's always good to expand, but neglecting the audience that gave them their start would deter from any repeat sale.

Also, I hate this "because it's what's available" mentality some people have going on. If the product they put out is clearly shit don't buy it because there are no alternatives. At this point this is the only way one can get their point across.
Old 2011-05-30, 21:26   Link #410
firehawk12

Any word on this series being rescued after the death of TP? Only 6 more volumes to go...
Old 2011-05-31, 12:22   Link #411
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk12 View Post
Any word on this series being rescued after the death of TP? Only 6 more volumes to go...
Nothing as of yet. Fingers crossed that Yen Press will pick it up.
Old 2011-06-02, 02:49   Link #412
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so i bought the 4th artbook today. absolutely stellar. well worth the money, especially with the amount i love this series.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Closed Thread

Tags
science fiction, slice of life