AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2005-01-04, 21:55   Link #21
Tsukuyomi
Crazed Obsessive Otaku

yeah i think we all understand the spot and not confusing it with a whole degree
Tsukuyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 21:57   Link #22
TwistedPower

Did the story actually say that he can see 360 degress and how did Kakashi get his Sharingan!?
TwistedPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 22:07   Link #23
sharingan yuusaku
Yuusaku of the Sharingan!

If you read the manga TwistedPower, we just learned how Kakashi got his Sharingan eye Those were great chapters!

As for Neji, it explains in the manga that he has a blind spot directly behind the space in between his eyes Meaning that he has 359 degree vision
sharingan yuusaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 22:27   Link #24
EbonySeraphim
Phat Poster/Thread Killer

Send a message via AIM to EbonySeraphim
As a prideful Computer Science major, I have a lot of math under my belt. I think it's time for me to lay down the books on this subject:

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE ARGUING ABOUT?!?!? A small technical issue like such? This discussion shouldn't even be about the actual size of the blind spot. The reason people say Neji has only 359 degrees of sight is because he does not have perfect/complete vision around him. The smallest unit of *SIMPLE*angular measure is a degree. One degree under that full circle is 359 degrees. 359 degrees is the most complete - incomplete circle. In otherwords, that means Neji pretty much has perfect vision, but there is a measurable amount that is still blind. As for what the actual measure of the blind spot is - you gotta be retarded to actually give a damn about it's size. For all reasonable purposes, he can see everywhere around him. It would take an enemy with long range, and precise aim to exploit it. Trebor has it pretty straight. Jump his bandwagon.

*SIMPLE* I say simple because even elementary school students may have exposure to the concept of a degree. The 3d model in an earlier post was trying to explain something you wouldn't see unless your an engineering or math related major. Bringing that up on a forum like this is a bit excessive.
Old 2005-01-04, 22:31   Link #25
ForceFreedom

As trivial as it may seem at this point, to answer one of the first questions, no, this has not been covered in the manga yet. But it'll probably be shown in the 1-hour special tomorrow.
ForceFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 22:42   Link #26
Tsukuyomi
Crazed Obsessive Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharingan yuusaku
If you read the manga TwistedPower, we just learned how Kakashi got his Sharingan eye Those were great chapters!

As for Neji, it explains in the manga that he has a blind spot directly behind the space in between his eyes Meaning that he has 359 degree vision
about kakashi gaiden... :/ i wanted to see how Rin dies!!! @_@

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonySeraphim
As a prideful Computer Science major, I have a lot of math under my belt. I think it's time for me to lay down the books on this subject:

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE ARGUING ABOUT?!?!? A small technical issue like such? This discussion shouldn't even be about the actual size of the blind spot. The reason people say Neji has only 359 degrees of sight is because he does not have perfect/complete vision around him. The smallest unit of *SIMPLE*angular measure is a degree. One degree under that full circle is 359 degrees. 359 degrees is the most complete - incomplete circle. In otherwords, that means Neji pretty much has perfect vision, but there is a measurable amount that is still blind. As for what the actual measure of the blind spot is - you gotta be retarded to actually give a damn about it's size. For all reasonable purposes, he can see everywhere around him. It would take an enemy with long range, and precise aim to exploit it. Trebor has it pretty straight. Jump his bandwagon.

*SIMPLE* I say simple because even elementary school students may have exposure to the concept of a degree. The 3d model in an earlier post was trying to explain something you wouldn't see unless your an engineering or math related major. Bringing that up on a forum like this is a bit excessive.
about that... are spots and degrees the same thing?
Old 2005-01-04, 23:28   Link #27
Hamza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukuyomi
about kakashi gaiden... :/ i wanted to see how Rin dies!!! @_@

Why is everyone talking about 360 degrees??

let me clearify this oh people of stupidity island!

When you say humans have 180 degrees vision sight, it means 180 degrees from left to right in a horizontal line. And as you increase that size, it only, again, means that you have vision horizontally to whatever degree you can see.

but then some moron will actually try to say that Neji has 359 degrees of vision., which is incorrect.

A blind spot doesn't necessarily come from that specific horizontal line I just described. As you should know, there is a 3D world out there, and that spot could be anywhere, even directly above your head.

So if that blind spot was above neji's head, would you say, he has 0 degrees of vision? No.

So STFU!!!
Hamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 00:23   Link #28
EbonySeraphim
Phat Poster/Thread Killer

Send a message via AIM to EbonySeraphim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukuyomi
That had nothing to do with the content of my post.

If you were trying to be a smart ass - here is my smart ass reply: (well not really, its just an explanation)

It's quite obvious that there is a part of Neji's vision that is blocked out. At only 5 meters away from him that spot may only be a meter wide, but 50 meters away, that same spot would be 10 meters wide. In otherwords, it makes more sense to talk about the spot as an angle where the actually size increases as the distance from the origin(center) increases.

Original point restated: who cares about the actual degree measure of what Neji can't see? The term "359 degrees" is used just to point out that his vision is not a perfect 360 degrees, but it is pretty damn close - the smallest possible unit away from perfect.
Old 2005-01-05, 02:09   Link #29
UserName

It could be 359 and a half degrees...
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 02:57   Link #30
Tsukuyomi
Crazed Obsessive Otaku

lets all just nod and agree with the topic title >> because whatever he's thinking... we aren't.
Old 2005-01-05, 03:09   Link #31
DracoBattousai
Within the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
I don't think that Neji knew about his blindspot before the spiderman fight anyway.
Incorrect, he states that he knew about it....

Were the heck is the anime at anyways? I don't wanna be putting in Manga spoilers without knowing if they've been shown in the anime yet.
DracoBattousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 06:19   Link #32
Krakilin

Lightbulb 359 degrees cannot be applied

Saying someone has "359 degrees" vision is MATHEMATICALLY incorrect. Because that can only apply to a 2-dimension perspective.

So MATHEMATICALLY, if neji has 359 degrees vision, he would have 1 degree blind spot behind him, which doesn't make sense because that 1 degree would be slice of a pie but that doesn't take the Z-axis (vertical) into consideration.

Example. Look at a globe (representation of the Earth) for example, You see the lines running vertically and horizonally? Now look at one vertical line and another one right beside it (note that the ends of those 2 vertical lines meet up at north pole and south pole) and imagine you cut those 2 lines, you would have a slice of the sphere gone, and does the remaining of the Sphere represent's Neji's vision? NO

But what 359 degrees vision is saying here (non-mathematically) is that Neji doesn't have FULL vision around him, and that he has a blind spot, but how big is the blind spot? No it's not 1 degrees, it's just a small hole in a sphere that cannot be represented in "degrees" or words, only by a % of the sphere.

So for f@ck sakes, :fingers: alot of kids are watching this anime too you know, so 359 degrees will suffice. Yes we know, mathematically that's incorrect.
Krakilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 07:59   Link #33
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

mathematically incorrect but let us just take it for easier consumption i mean if they really went in depth to explain it in the manga or show that would be even be a bigger waste of time then the massive shown b4 flashbacks
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 10:02   Link #34
Hamza

kraklin,

you are right. Kids are watching, so they don't know what they are talking about ;-)
Hamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 13:04   Link #35
Shadikka
Life is addicting

Well, it isn't mathematically right, but not very wrong after all.
But Neji still kicks ass.
(And, BTW, I'm 14 and having no damn problem understanding the whole blind spot-business :P So that's what you think about being small and stupid... (don't get offended))
Shadikka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 20:03   Link #36
DetriusXii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimpusmaximus
A sphere is composed of one circle rotated around a point that is also its center. A measurement of location on a circle is the degree. Each degree is defined as 1 360th of a circle. This is not logical, however it is defined as such. Thus a 1 degree blind spot on a sphere would be a circle 1 degree in diameter perched on the surface of the sphere. If the sphere was compressed to infentesimal radius then slowly expanded to a range of 50 m, the 1 degree circle on its surface would describe a slowly expanding cone. Thus the blind spot.

The flaw you have picked up on is the fact that there is no defined method of describing area on the surface of a circle, that is readily available to the average joe. Me being one of them. Thus for those of us smart enough we make the afore described leap of logic. For the less intellegent among us, the description is merely looked at like a cirle with a spot missing. For those some where inbetween the whole thing makes no sense.
In a sphere, there's a measure of a steradian that's similar to a degree for a circle. The steradian can have any shape for an opening (a circular conic, a square like conic, a squigly area) but the area on the sphere is the same. Basically, there's 4*pi steradians on a sphere and to calculate the steradian for Neji, take the surface area of the blind spot, and divide it by the radius squared.
DetriusXii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 20:06   Link #37
DetriusXii

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhrt98
The steradian (symbolized sr) is the Standard International (SI) unit of solid angular measure. There are 4 pi, or approximately 12.5664, steradians in a complete sphere.

A steradian is defined as conical in shape, as shown in the illustration. Point P represents the center of the sphere. The solid (conical) angle q, representing one steradian, is such that the area A of the subtended portion of the sphere is equal to r2, where r is the radius of the sphere.

A general sense of the steradian can be envisioned by considering a sphere whose radius is one meter (r = 1m). Imagine a cone with its apex P at the center of the sphere, and that intersects the surface in a circle (shown as a red ellipse, the upper half of which is dashed). Suppose the flare angle q of the cone is such that the area A of the spherical segment within the circle is equal to one meter squared (A = 1 m2). Then the flare angle of the cone is equal to 1 steradian (q = 1 sr). The total surface area of the sphere is, in this case, 12.5664 square meters (4 pi times the square of the radius).

Based on the foregoing example, the geometry of which is independent of scale, it can be said that a solid angle of 1 sr encompasses about 1/12.5664, or 7.9577 percent, of the space surrounding a point.

The number of steradians in a given solid angle can be determined by dividing the area on the surface of a sphere lying within the intersection of that solid angle with the surface of the sphere (when the focus of the solid angle is located at the center of the sphere) by the square of the radius of the sphere.

The above definition came from techtarget.com.
Should have finished the thread before I made this post. One minor quibble. A steradian doesn't have to be a conic opening, it can be any type of opening as long as the opening preserves the area on the sphere.
DetriusXii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 22:06   Link #38
MobiuS

Neji has 360 degree vision. He just happens to have a tiny blind spot.

Its like saying some with a cataract can not see 180 degrees. They can .. but theres a hole in their vision. They still can see 180 degrees. Just some parts of the 180 arent as clear or are missing.

My point?? Neji has a faulty 360 degree vision. Theres a dot in 1 section he cant see.
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 19:14   Link #39
ChronoReverse

Right. I have faulty 360 degree vision too. There's just a huge blindspot that covers the entire rear and much of the edges.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 20:04   Link #40
MobiuS

Er ... dude think LOGICALLLY. 360 vision means you can see every object around you . Think of it as standing in the middle of a circle. The circle is your field of vision.

Now he can see 360 degrees in circumferences higher and lower than that circle. What I mean is .... if you had a horizontally positioned rod and moved it to every possible degree around him ... he would see at least some parts of the rod. In some situations ... not all of the rod is visible. But he can see some parts of the rod. Most of it actually .. just 1/4 of the rod at the middle will not be visible to him.

My point? He can see 360 degrees on 99% of horizontal height levels. On a few horizontal levels ... he sees a bit less than 360%. The point though ... is that he can see 360 degrees on over 90% of horizontal levels. This qualifies his vision to be accurately assessed as 360.

You on the other hand have no capability of seeing anything over 180 degrees to your pupil ( calculating from east to west assuming you are facing North) on any horizontal level. You dont have 360 degree vision. Only 180 degree vision im afraid ...
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote