AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-03-16, 14:38   Link #121
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm with Granart early on that they do need to consider the worst case scenario. Though if they are talking about things like "my Kingdom will be fine" then she's clearly not considering the worst case scenario in the slightest. The worst case scenario is that monsters are attacking everywhere at the moment and everyone is currently killed!

I would feel bad of course for breaking Nefritis' dreams. The idea that her kingdom that's full of people that got complacent via having a defensive barrier could last for even a minute while under attack is idealistic. Plus her brother couldn't handle the Abyssal Knight. He's not stopping an invasion .

Also my condolences to Great Sage Gramps and Knight Marse. Everyone is chilling out while they could have been getting killed . I mean yeah there isn't much they can actively do but...some stressed looks might be appropriate.

Credit at least to Saphir. She may be weak to sweets, but she's still the most level-headed here. She knows how bad things were just with the situation in her Kingdom before. A full blown Abyssal King revival is probably game over for them. All the more so since her sister's lover is in the most danger out of anyone. Hime obviously is struggling in her own way too. The one who seems to be most putting on a brave face in a dire situation.

Amber had a solid introduction. And no major surprises there. Obviously a race about to go extinct needed a way to keep hope alive for the future. So they built a robo waifu and said "that'll do it!" Fair enough! Stashing her in the safest place they could. Which makes sense since that's where they were stashing Hime too.

Seriously Hime...Satou is bad enough. We don't need you making this a totally insufferable main couple. Even if peace comes her people (if they are still alive) should totally overthrow the royal family. They've been abandoned for most of this story and I don't think Hime has spared them many thoughts either. Obviously her concern for Satou entering into a fight that might be doomed is legit. But no matter how much grief it's just embarrassing watching her give zero concern to anyone else. At the very least taking away everyone's right to choose by trying to force that secret is just despicable. And frankly, shame on Satou for going along with it. Not as much shame though since eventually he found his nerve. His biggest flaw was choosing the worst girl for his main.

Good job Amber. Those two don't deserve to actually fulfill their desires at this point. Good thing Granart was listening in and thus was ready to get a move on when the timing was right. Because Satou and Krystal sure as heck didn't bother keeping anyone in the loop! Be awkward if they ran out of time to get through the portal because everyone either wasn't there, or were all asleep! This could have been a total disaster if they found out that Krystal and Satou were keeping secrets, said "screw this" and left the apartment before the portal was opened!

Admittedly part of that blame would go to Amber for not making sure anyone was ready and only responding to Satou's willingness to return. But I'll give the golem girl a break for not handling group interactions very well yet.
Old 2024-03-17, 07:37   Link #122
Lex79

I guess we should be happy that Satou and Hime were actually going to do it, even if they ignored that Amber was given a convenient cockblocking function.
I wonder if we'll get a fight with the Abyss King in the next episode(s), or we'll simply see Mars and the Sage being rescued, and then "go read the source material to see what is going to happen next".
Old 2024-03-17, 09:11   Link #123
Dj0rel
True Believer

I didn't like that they left out one funny joke. Apparently during her stay on Earth, Amber was mistaken for a god. Which is why she was in a shrine.
Old 2024-03-17, 23:52   Link #124
scififan

Amber's self description says she is a man-made-human-being. So, he is an android. So, those princesses figuratively refer Amber as a dwarf princess. No wonder her facial expression and hairstyle looks cyberpunk and futuristic. My first impression is like a Star War jedi invades world of Lord of Ring. Maybe not. As long as Amber doesn't shoot out laser beam, Satou still has the burden to save the isekai.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-18, 00:17   Link #125
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I guess we should be happy that Satou and Hime were actually going to do it, even if they ignored that Amber was given a convenient cockblocking function.
Like all things, this is a decision of writing. The author chose to tease it but it's not even bait anymore when you know what's going to happen.
Old 2024-03-23, 08:36   Link #126
Frontier

I love how when they're traveling back they're naked just for the sake of seeing everybody naked one last time. We even get to see Amber naked so she's not the only girl left out in the finale .

Amber my be a robot/cyborg but her physical features are genuine as are her feelings, as she seems a little sad seeing what's happened to the Dwarves' nation in her absence...though she also has a flashlight built into her body just to remind you she's not 100% humanoid !

On the one hand...the Imperial Army may be decimated but they're still fighting on! On the other hand...the Abyss King is here in all his imposing and terrifying might !

But Satou is carrying the feelings (and Hime's tongue) with him as he charges headfirst to battle the Abyss King, and it seems like they were right about the true power of the Rings unlocking when you get all five because Satou makes short work of all the monsters in his path and even manages to combine the rings into one which lets him unleash a devastatating attack against the Abyss King and annihilate all he monsters !

It's just a shame that it didn't work, even after all that effort, though now it's time for the girls to save SATOU instead, and it's cool watching Granart and Amber in action. Amber has robot fighting skills and Earthbending !

I guess as far as last dreams go, imagining marrying Hime isn't the worst one...at least up until the Abyss Kings' hand shows up to choke the life out of you .

But the gang is saved thanks to Alabaster! Or more accurately Smaragadi, who had apparently been stalking him the whole time and saved him and Marse when they were in trouble! I guess it pays to have an obsessive lover .

So while Satou wasn't able to finish the job, he was he first one to be able to wound the Abyss King, meaning he's their only shot at truly defeating him. But to have the power to do so, and match the Abyss King's own rings, he'll need to not only level up his relationships with the other Princesses but the Princesses will have to train to be battle-ready (looking at you Hime and Nefritis) and perfect wives for Satou! Hime is surprisingly into that .

They finally replicate the ED with all the girls waiting for Satou in bed looking seductive in their lingerie! Totally ready to have sex with him! Well, except Saphir who still feels like she'd rather be anywhere but here, but that's what we love about her .

It was a sweet scene of Hime introducing Satou to her parents' grave, though if you were wondering what happened to her little sister, turns out she's a mage and the person who is going to train Hime in magic! And she's voiced by Miyu Tomita (?)! And she's as busty and prone to flashing her panties as he big sister! And she looks like she's sure to cause some mischief now that she's joined the cast .
Old 2024-03-23, 09:21   Link #127
Huh...?

Season 2 has been confirmed.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-23, 10:30   Link #128
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Props to the last episode. It certainly had a silly "it's going to be this easy" feel to it. Satou jumping down, blasting monsters, and seemingly overpowering this multiple evil just because he has all the rings. Didn't work out, but hey props to playing up to the part for a bit there. Considering the imbalanced connections and way things have built up so far it's impressive he did that much damage.

Yeah good thing the old guy didn't give up hope. Best not to bring up that Hime was totally going to leave them all to die...that'd be a bit awkward . At least backup arrived. Hilariously characters keep getting saved in ways they might not deserve . Like the old guy pretty much lied to the girl he loved and left her behind to go on this adventure, but was saved precisely because she went against what he wanted and followed along anyways. Thank goodness for that since without her efforts nothing else would have really mattered. Everyone would have died then and there. Although weren't there still soldiers still down there when Satou made his move to attack? You know what...I'm going to forget about them since the idea that they were left to die would be a bit unsettling.

Nice that there was a sisterly reunion there. Obviously one mostly put off for the second season. Fingers crossed that the magical training goes well.

Well, that puts an end to this one . Definitely one of those times that it's a relief to have a show wrap up. Started out pretty well, but definitely fell hard the further it went along. The visuals were solid, the voice acting good, and character designs were nice. But it had some issues the further it went along. I can't even imagine how bad season 2 could be . It might be better than expected...

Still going to say 5.5/10. Even a 6 feels a bit too generous.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2024-03-23 at 10:41.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-23, 10:59   Link #129
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

There were titties... but I still can't go higher than 5/10. It was kinda entertaining (other than the beta MC) but about what one would expect from a battle harem and/or discount Evenicle.
Old 2024-03-23, 19:19   Link #130
Chosen_Hero

Episode 11: Wow, Hime is literally the worst, she was ready to just give up and let her world die, her and Satou are easily the worst part of this show, they are almost as bad as the scumbag cast from the Banished from the Hero's Party anime.

Also, of course they got cockblocked, heaven's forbid Satou actually gets close to any of the girls properly, gotta delay it until the show ends with just him and Hime while the other girls accept being nothing but background dressing after suffering from constant neglect.

Episode 12: - Oh look, the only one that gets to give him a proper kiss is Hime, hope this half ass method of gaining power doesn't (read as does) come back to bite him in the ass.

- Oh no, Satou isn't strong enough with Hime's power up to defeat the Abyss King, it's like he's been half assing his duty or something.

- Well, fuck those expendable faceless soldiers, I guess.

- The poor people of this world are so fucked with Satou as the Ring King, the talk about there being hope was so empty it's hilarious.

- So the solution is to have Satou do the thing he has been doing his damndest to avoid doing? Good luck with that, those girls (except Hime) deserve better.

Season two better make improvements or it will be a similar slog to get through.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2024-03-23 at 19:53.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-24, 03:14   Link #131
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-24, 03:33   Link #132
Lex79

Now the big question is if the imouto is going to join the harem, nobody said the Ring King can only have the five princesses as wives, right?
With definitive proof that Satou can't defeat the Abyss King with his monogamous mentality, we can only hope that in the next season he's going to accept his destiny and become more proactive. Because if he'll still refuse todk things with the girls, it would've been better if he simply stayed in Japan and married Hime.
As expected, it was too soon the defeat the final boss, but it was nice to see a glimpse of the power of the rings.
It wasn't a perfect series by any means, but I'm still looking forward to season two.
Old 2024-03-24, 08:59   Link #133
zztop

There's currently enough manga material to cover up to the end of the main story arc; although I'm not sure if they will also try to cover the still-ongoing "longer than usual" epilogue arc in the future.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-24, 14:40   Link #134
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
4. Shamelessly ripping off of LotR
Why? Cause it has rings in it? Are you also going to say how Green Lantern in ripping off LotR next?
Old 2024-03-24, 15:32   Link #135
magnuskn

Seriously, fuck Satou and fuck Hime. And not in the nice way. :-/ What a bunch of selfish characters who get by on the plot needing them to succeed, even if both are sabotaging things by being selfish all the time.

3/10 for those two idiots alone, I'm actually unhappy that this is getting a second cour, instead of more deserving shows.
Old 2024-03-24, 21:05   Link #136
Estzero1

U mad Bro .

It did exactly happen what I predicted, but it doesn't come out of nowhere.
With a sequel on the horizon a complete adaption could be on the table. It depends what they will be do, since if the next season is structured like this one (31 chapter), they will not reach the end of the main story. So I can imagine there could be more, to include the epilogue. Time will tell.

I also like the little addition this episode they had. And again they are showing that the approach has to be altered if success wants to be achieved.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-24, 21:53   Link #137
Alchemist007
*Author

A weak personality MC held back an otherwise generic harem battle fantasy. The old sensei man had a much better personality that would've been a thrill as the lead.

5/10
Old 2024-03-25, 17:15   Link #138
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
Why? Cause it has rings in it? Are you also going to say how Green Lantern in ripping off LotR next?
Don't know much about Green Lantern, but if the Japanese title is the same as LotR + extra kanji and boss is one-eyed and there is a reference to Theoden and Gandalf saves the protagonist with big birds, then yeah, sure.
I think there might have been at least two more sections that ripped off of it, but I'm already starting to forget this anime's content

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-26, 09:37   Link #139
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Seriously, fuck Satou and fuck Hime. And not in the nice way. :-/ What a bunch of selfish characters who get by on the plot needing them to succeed, even if both are sabotaging things by being selfish all the time.

3/10 for those two idiots alone, I'm actually unhappy that this is getting a second cour, instead of more deserving shows.
Yeah they are, and many hate that aspect of those two.
Many were even confused on why the Author was so forceful with their attitude, but still went for a Harem route.
It's as if Author wanted things to be legal while also forcing a Harem on MC.

The only reason this series was still viable was because of it's art.

As for being Selfish part, well people just relate it to them being Teenagers, and Love being Selfish in nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
With a sequel on the horizon a complete adaption could be on the table. It depends what they will be do, since if the next season is structured like this one (31 chapter), they will not reach the end of the main story. So I can imagine there could be more, to include the epilogue. Time will tell.
Well, they can possibly compress quite a bit of stuff to cover until the climax of the whole Main Story in Season 2 itself (it is possible, since most of stuff is just theatrics by the MC and Hime).

It's the Epilogue part that i am worried about.
They would either skip it completely or turn it into some OVA type of stuff.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-26, 22:46   Link #140
Frontier

It's kind of funny how people enjoyed how straightforward Hime and Satou were with their feelings from the get-go only now it's turned them into annoying for people because it's become all about them at the expense of others...although in fairness at least by the end Satou wanted to come back. And at least emotionally I can kind of see where Hime was coming from.

I guess there's also the fact that it's a Harem where 2/7 only really care about each others' feelings so it's kind of at odds with each other...though at least it's unique in that respect? Though the cockblocking probably didn't help .

Honestly though if they're actually willing to address the fact that Satou needs to develop his relationship with the other princesses to get at full power, it seems like that might change in the future .

Tags
fan service, harem