AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-03-27, 11:04   Link #141
Frontier

It's Takekchi vs Mobile Fortress Barry! He may have more firepower, but Shinsuke with Arabuki is faster! Fast enough to slug him right in his ugly mug !

Douren may have unlocked a special move that lets him control space and time to punch even harder, but he's still respectful enough to acknowledge the on-point commentary of a talking crow .

I'm not sure if that's healthy to be putting your new spirit hand into your brain, but it does let Jinka unlock his new tail, which lets him control wind and move as fast as the breeze! Though that still might not be enough to beat Douren .

Douren might've even won too since he was quickly advancing on Jinka before his final attack hit...were it not for some hooded wanderers appearing before them and distracting him long enough for the attack to connect. What were those guys !?

Well, a loss is still a loss, and Douren is down. But at least he enjoyed himself...and Tama made sure Jinka didn't take his head .

With Douren down Yazen is totally ready to bail, he's a researcher, not a fighter, and he'd rather his katawara lover not get exposed...though I guess there's always the option of razing everything to the ground with your giant fortress .

The Dangaisyuu have truly lost their way, but it's the self-awareness of people like Inga that might carry their ideals forward if they survive this .

Jinka takes to the skies! Arabuki has now become a fully-fledged katawara blade and feels the air is his home and where he can most be free, and he offers that freedom to Shinsuke! The sky is the limit after all! And the perfect spot for Shinsuke to doge Barry's blades and shoulder beams and pull off his signature move to bisect the piece of @#$% with Shaku in his minds' eye .

I guess I should've figured it would still come down to a brawl, but Barry has lost enough of his power that he can't keep his body going and he dies as a pathetic half-shell of a man...which is hardly the least he deserves, but at least he's dead now. But until this whole business is wrapped up, Shinsuke's not done yet either .

Oh wow, Jinka finally called Shinsuke by his name! Even added -san! And look at how much Tama cares about Jinka !

And now they have to fight Taizan! Good thing they can summon the Mountain Goddess right? Who will show up any minute...any minute...and right on time to make an epic entrance and knock Taizan down on his butt. I love Kuzunoha and Yazen realizing how screwed they are .

But it was always going to come down to spirit transformation vs spirit transformation as Jinka and Tama go to confront Yazen and Kuzunoha, with their comrades right behind them. Time for the final battle .
Old 2024-03-27, 15:35   Link #142
Dop
Mmmm....

Farewell Barry. I was always amused by how out of place your name seemed among the others.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-27, 16:07   Link #143
Blaat

In this episode we find out Mizukami is a mecha, particularly a Gundam, fan.
Old 2024-03-27, 19:03   Link #144
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I had totally forgotten the mysterious hooded characters. I feel I vaguely remember who they are. Oh well, I'll just let the anime remind me.

It wouldn't be such a bad thing if it was really split cour because the animation quality has dropped quite a bit. Weird how no one seems to know for sure if it will continue into the next season or not.
Old 2024-03-27, 21:46   Link #145
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That was good fun . Good on Shinsuke in getting the revenge he wanted. Obviously with this sort of thing the end isn't ever really clear. He killed Barry, but stopping here just isn't an easy thing to do. So he'll keep on going. Finding peace isn't going to be easy.

I really like the sword finding it's own sense of peace first. And also maybe through Shinsuke interacting with it on that level helped it gain it's own sense of self and a personality. Transcending being just a mystical sword and instead becoming a katawara itself.

All of that leading to Jinka and Shinsuke reaching the level of understanding that humans and katawara are the same at their core. Of course Jinka's desires at their core have been to be with Tama. But he's grown quite a bit to be less hateful towards humans as a whole. It does make me wonder where things will end up for these two. Will either or both of them leave their humanity behind to become something else? Both Shaku and Tama are currently entities beyond human lifespans. I don't know. It just feels plausible for even Shinsuke to get there.

Lot of questions. Who the heck were the guys that intervened at the end of Jinka's battle. I call it an intervention, but they pretty much just passed through. But that did delay Douren enough to make him take that hit.

Love the mountain goddess showing up and just wrecking fools. She's so damn powerful that it really didn't take much once she arrived . But this also makes me wonder where the heck is the story going from here? This is one time when knowing the episode count makes things all the more curious. We're basically 1/3 of the way through this story. They are about to take on the main bad (as we know it). Where do we even go from here?
Old 2024-03-28, 21:58   Link #146
Thor's Hammer

I get the feeling that when Jinka said that he found out what could be a suitable vessel for him to become a katawara he means his brain that he'll modify until he becomes a katawara. If that line wasn't meant to be a throwaway, I think that's the direction the story will head.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-28, 22:57   Link #147
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I had totally forgotten the mysterious hooded characters. I feel I vaguely remember who they are. Oh well, I'll just let the anime remind me.

It wouldn't be such a bad thing if it was really split cour because the animation quality has dropped quite a bit. Weird how no one seems to know for sure if it will continue into the next season or not.
Apparently White Fox themselves is hyping up the next episode so it seems like they're really pulling out all the stops for the finale of this arc .
Old 2024-04-03, 10:45   Link #148
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Next cour (or “when the series goes from good to legendary”) does indeed start in July. If it has to be a split cour that’s obviously the best outcome.

https://x.com/nekogaeru/status/17755...2nUXxUqCADsfww
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-03, 11:07   Link #149
Frontier

You know it's the finale of this arc when they skip the OP AND the ED .

I'm not surprised Yazen's main priority is still to bail with Kuzunoha in tow, though he really shouldn't have ticked off the Mountain Goddess as she's prepared to unleash divine punishment in the form of literal tree missiles .

Of course, this is Jinka and Tama's fight, especially because Tama has a lot of unresolved issues with her mom. I can only imagine how long she'd been wanting to dropkick her. Meanwhile their spiritually enhanced boyfriends duke it out and fight tail to tail, though Yazen has nine versus Jinka's seven !

Kuzunoha gives herself and everything she is to love and the people she loves, which makes her see her daughters' attachment to Jinka (and by extension Jinka's father Genzou) as the same in that respect, though Tama fell in love with humans through her connection to the two Yamato men .

Man, poor Taizan. Got slapped, barraged by tree missiles, and now Jinka is literally eating him to power up with more spirit energy...unlocking his light and darkness tails and beginning his descent into madness as he loses even more of his humanity .

Of course it doesn't help when Yazen makes him think he killed Tama and his consciousness gets repressed, leaving him with little control over his body and unable to do more than bear witness to him going battle mad and trying to attack everything in his sight .

I dunno Kuzunoha, Yazen doesn't seem like the kind of guy willing to put up with his girlfriends' kid...

But hey, Tama's connection to Jinka has powered her up too! Now she has long hair! And it looks quite nice on her .

Never count out Shinsuke! Him slicing through Yazen, even if it got him wounded as a result, was so satisfying especially because Yazen completely ignored him! That was for you Shakugan! Oh, and Barry I guess. Too bad it also drove Jinka even more nuts .

What is with these hooded guys? Are they deliberately trying to make something happen or let events play out? Mitsuchi-Hime gets this sense that she needs them but even she has no clue what they are .

Welp, they're screwed! Jinka has finally lost all his humanity and become a Godbeast that will ravage the world and destroy everything. Beyond human AND Katawara .

Tama wants to be with Jinka, she genuinely loves him, and wants to be his side for the rest of their lives...and that actually seems to have an effect, especially since Jinka couldn't kill her, too bad the Mountain Goddess pulled her and Shinsuke back and now there's nothing to stop Godbeast Jinka !

Is it too much to hope Yazen and Kuzunoha got caught in the blast? I guess we never found out about Tama's dad either .

Shinsuke is recovering and Tama is on a journey to find Jinka again because she won't give up on him, but the Mountain Goddess feels that he's so far gone and will destroy so much that their only recourse is to destroy him. And the best choice? Senya, as we conclude Part 1 and enter into Part Two .
Old 2024-04-03, 12:46   Link #150
Blaat

To quote the final episode title of Vinland Saga season 1: End of the Prologue. Great finale, animation was great, only missed oppurtunity was IMO they should have gone full Itano Circus with the missiles tree attack. Looking forward to the next part.

Images
season 2 teaser
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
season 2 main cast from Enzo's tweet link
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2024-04-03, 18:04   Link #151
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Time for the true main character to take the stage! Jinka was a decoy protagonist all along. Even if you liked him, it's not a loss, as Senya is a hundred times better. Look forward to his development in part 2!

Tama getting reverse character development (her hair growing longer, I mean) is the sign of a great series. Screw Nisio (I still love Monogatari, but I hate his haircut fetish so much).
Old 2024-04-03, 18:12   Link #152
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

As good as cour 1 is, it's hard to overstate just how much SY levels up from this point. Senya is one of Mizukami's finest narrative arcs.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-03, 18:12   Link #153
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Time for the true main character to take the stage! Jinka was a decoy protagonist all along. Even if you liked him, it's not a loss, as Senya is a hundred times better. Look forward to his development in part 2!
But...but I really like Jinka !
Quote:
Tama getting reverse character development (her hair growing longer, I mean) is the sign of a great series. Screw Nisio (I still love Monogatari, but I hate his haircut fetish so much).
We didn't need short-haired Hanekawa and Senjogahara .
Old 2024-04-03, 18:46   Link #154
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
But...but I really like Jinka !

We didn't need short-haired Hanekawa and Senjogahara .
Nor Karen, Kanbaru, Sodachi, Nadeko... I'm not counting Tsukihi because her hair changes constantly. I think only Mayoi and Shinobu have escaped it. But maybe not for long with a new season coming
Old 2024-04-03, 22:11   Link #155
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wow.

Credit to the show. I sure as heck didn't see all this coming! Legit appears as if we're shifting the main cast for the time being! Tama and Jinka will step out (though very much no outside the story) and Shinsuke will presumably travel with Senya? I guess Shinsuke really will be the glue of this story.

That was totally nuts though. Jinka just crossed the line and couldn't bring himself back. In a sense that's absolutely the natural way for things to unfold. I mean him messing around with his own head with that spirit hand was a red flag! And he didn't slow down in this episode either. Sadly he lost control and was dragged along for the ride after a certain point. A good reminder to him that no longer being human isn't some total win. There was nothing he could do and could only watch in horror.

Long haired Tama is absolutely win ! Finally we turn things around from that unfortunate trend of "cutting long hair to short to reflect character growth." Magical hair growing long for the win! Absolutely gorgeous. And I respect her going off to find him on her own. Although that's hugely dangerous. We haven't seen much combat prowess from her when she isn't powering up Jinka. She tried her best. Could say pulling back everyone was a bad call. But who knows. Jinka was in a dangerous state. And I can't complain since the situation was chaotic. And if it was Rinzu that summoned them back then I really can't say anything bad. Since she was likely just trying to save them from almost certain death. Presuming she didn't simply do it under orders.

Yazen isn't even close to their biggest issue right now . Though that moron is a huge reason why things went this far.

Jinka has turned into a threat that can end the whole world. Or at least he's on the road to that. Hilariously it appears the Mountain Goddess wants to fight fire with fire! Throw another potential threat to the world at Jinka and...I guess hope they take each other out? Shinsuke's mercy is going to impact the whole world. He couldn't kill Senya who was just a kid. But now that kid might be the only chance they've got. I guess she might keep Senya's father sealed as a hostage to make him do what she wants?
Old 2024-04-04, 02:07   Link #156
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-05, 01:44   Link #157
Alchemist007
*Author

Nice action and characters, the plot is typical shounen stuff.

7/10