AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2012-07-17, 13:32   Link #421
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
So much judgement and it hasn't even been screened. I personally don't have high expectations (it's JC Staff after all), but I'm not going to trash it without giving it the benefit of the doubt. It could be a good movie having Kamachi as the plot writer, I'd say it will depend a lot in how much time/money they decide to allow for the scripting, but that's just another issue for which we can only speculate.
Its JC Staff. The best would be the average for the others. They have awesome CG if they want it to happen but most of the time they do budget cutting and time constraints on their project.

In most threads concerning JC's work. It always ended up being blamed on the studio but people who knew defend that its not entirely their fault because they don't have complete control on it which is true. It has multiple studios and each had their own to animate.

My ultimate problem for JC is they do lots of works the same time and even if people counter that it has multiple studio to do it. It still shown on their own on how lacking their works are in certain parts which would be solve if they all work on one project. The studio's I like now for example are the one who animate fate zero and steins gate.

KyoAni is still one of the best for me because of how they do their work which is also been done in other networks but still kyoani's work still notable.

Ah and about being an arse in animation for raildex? yap, we sometimes gone that bad. Though for index its animation issue or downplayed the role of one character or direction of adaptation or downgrade again of character but more like their ability was down played. As for railgun... well I gave up on it half way in the episode threads for it. Though at first its tons of wining towards the change in canon and manga and also lack of Touma >_>

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-07-18 at 04:13.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 19:41   Link #422
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Even if it is a sidestory at best, it still can be good.

Just look at railgun for example, it is also a sidestory.
It has it's own new characters (to those can happen anything) and characters from the main story.
It adds a lot to the original story and still remains canon.
You know that the MC is not going to die, or be death more than 5 minutes (with a heroic return) and you know the city is not going to be destroyed.
But it still can be really entertaining to watch/read.
The difference here is that Railgun never pretends to be more than that: a sidestory. And it's fine that way. I like the Railgun manga because it's different from the main story but adds the main plot. (Also, Touma is lowered to being side character LIKE HE SHOULD BE EDFDHKFDOH)

In fact, Railgun the manga does everything right, in the sense that it appeals to the entire fanbase because it gives little bits to everyone yet keeps the focus on central characters. And the plot is not that complicated and doesn't require knowledge of the main series to appreciate and understand.

Oh, and it isn't a blatant cash-in like some others I could mention *COUGH* RAILGUN ANIME *COUGH* THIS MOVIE *COUGH*.

OK kids, next bet: I bet that at least 20 minutes of this movie is guaranteed padding such as fanservice and prolonged talky scenes which could've been easily condensed.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 19:47   Link #423
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Its JC Staff. The best would be the average for the others. They have awesome CG if they want it to happen but most of the time they do budget cutting and time constraints on their project.
Did that happen for the Shana and Slayer movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
OK kids, next bet: I bet that at least 20 minutes of this movie is guaranteed padding such as fanservice and prolonged talky scenes which could've been easily condensed.
Talk is cheap Kyon, anybody can throw a hundred prediction darts and eventually one of them would stick.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 00:00   Link #424
desrtsku
Nympholept

About the movie, oh Kyon seeing you ranting all the way like that just appeased my anxiety, now if the movie miraculously happens to be good I'll apologize for you (I still hope it'll be the case). If it's a crap let's drink together.

@Tsunade but you know, that's what Freelancers are for, they're there waiting to be hired when a studio needs more manpower, the number of work doesn't really matter when they have the room for it ... it's just like that. Just look at A1, it's by now surpassed JC's record of project per season and yet most of their shows have decent production value thanks to that.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-07-18 at 04:13.
desrtsku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 00:06   Link #425
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
@Tsunade but you know, that's what Freelancers are for, they're there waiting to be hired when a studio needs more manpower, the number of work doesn't really matter when they have the room for it ... it's just like that. Just look at A1, it's by now surpassed JC's record of project per season and yet most of their shows have decent production value thanks to that.
Plus it helps to have Aniplex being your main backer financially.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-07-18 at 04:14.
Old 2012-07-18, 02:07   Link #426
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
About the movie, oh Kyon seeing you ranting all the way like that just appeased my anxiety, now if the movie miraculously happens to be good I'll apologize for you (I still hope it'll be the case). If it's a crap let's drink together.
If I'm wrong, then I'll go over the times I've said it will blow and take vodka shots accordingly. Then whilst in that state, I'll write an apology letter to C2F and mail him my entire collection of yugioh cards as a gesture of good will.

Next bet: Touma gets some fanservice from Mikoto. Hey, it's THE MOVIE, time to bring out the big guns.

Edit: or should I say small arms since we are talking about Mikoto hurr hurr

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.

Last edited by Mr.Kyon; 2012-07-18 at 02:29.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 06:30   Link #427
tsunade666

Quote:
How many project is A-1 doing per season? I'm not counting on it. I only notice JC doing lots of stuff when the poster for the season was being shown. I usually see at least 2 for JC and maybe an ongoing 1 or 2.

The most I see JC do per season is 5? not sure but they love to take a lot of work. Not sure on A-1.

This is a movie so I think they will give it extra care unlike a series where there are sloppy scenes. But for slayers and shana movie.... I don't remember slayers because I haven't watch it in years and shana too but I remember shana having good animation but felt rushed to me.

someone got banned again
Old 2012-07-18, 11:56   Link #428
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ They have 3 anime that are confirmed for fall : Gyrozetter, Magi and Shin sekai Yori (very good quality). There's also two on-going series who will continue on fall : Fairy Tail (which is a long running series mind you) and SAO (very good quality). That makes 5 ^^"
And that was just about the TV series considering they're still preparing AoEx movie and have Fairy Tail movie in theatres this season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Plus it helps to have Aniplex being your main backer financially.
If the problem lies there, people should send a petition to Warner to give a Movie budget for LB! ; and to Index' production committee to strive for something else adding up to the more than dead Geneon and more than greedy Square Enix
(I'll patently wait for your answer, if you have one)
Old 2012-08-06, 11:34   Link #429
Miraluka
Banned

*sigh, finally my punishment is over*

Hey guys, japanese Warner Bros website includes Index's movie in their website:
http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/comike/c82/

Kirito's bed sheet .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 19:11   Link #430
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

By my count there's still seven months left... when is it safe to start realistically expecting a trailer of some kind ?
Old 2012-08-08, 15:20   Link #431
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 15:55   Link #432
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Dat Kamijou...
PV of the movie?
Somebody must put it up!

I see it's on the To Aru twitter too
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 16:02   Link #433
tsunade666

^Huh? what's that? pv or screenshot of the movie or just from the arc of book of law?
Old 2012-08-08, 16:08   Link #434
desrtsku
Nympholept

What? When? Where?!!
Old 2012-08-08, 16:43   Link #435
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I caught site of the anime, in the update Twitter:https://twitter.com/projectindex/sta...671872/photo/1

think it's the movie, because when it came out the first images the Touma was a scene like this
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 06:27   Link #436
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Looking at the tweet... we can safely expect it sometime around this weekend. AKA Summer Comiket 82 over there. My best guesses is sometime tomorrow (Friday) or Saturday at the very least.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 12:43   Link #437
tsunade666

That's Pv for Season 2 and not the movie.
Old 2012-08-09, 12:49   Link #438
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Ah Ok, I'll delete that post then.
Old 2012-08-09, 12:50   Link #439
Ashaman

That's the PV from Index II
Old 2012-08-09, 18:28   Link #440
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Really? Sorry about that.