AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-10, 00:56   Link #1
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

What's the worst that could happen if Naruto was dubbed?

What do you think could be the worst that could happen if Naruto gets dubbed?

I can imagine going crazy if Hinata's name is changed to "Jennifer" or Kakashi's voice actor is the same guy as James from Team Rocket (Pokemon) (forgot who said that first, but it made me laugh, heh.)

Lets see what you guys can think of.
Bflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 01:10   Link #2
tetra

"super doppleganger technique!!!!!!!!"
tetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 01:22   Link #3
kboykb

Hmm, I haven't followed too many dubbed animes.. how well do english voice actors do snakey and slithery voices? Orochimaru's is the only voice I can think of that may must get slaughtered.

And yes, techniques.. doppleganger.. I'd just cut the tv off right there. Better yet, they do say the japanese techniques, but in american accents.

Ever listened to see how Shishio and Kenshin said Ama kakeryu no hirameki, or however you spell it?
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 01:28   Link #4
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

You guys know that they have some pretty good voice actors for dubs these days right? The best thing that could happen for a dubbed Naruto is to get the Ocean Group. Brian Drummond (Vegeta, Zechs from Gundam Wing) would make a great Itachi, he always handles the badass characters. Bandai would probably be the best dub group, but Funimation would be the worst. Naruto would do well on Adult Swim just like Inuyasha I think, and honestly it probably wouldn't get cut too much considering they cut alot in the manga to anime translation already. Nope, I think Naruto would do pretty well dubbed on Adult Swim. The show would go through hell on anything else such as Fox Kids. The worst we'd have to worry about as fans are the fansubbers bing pressured to stop.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 01:33   Link #5
kboykb

Well, Brian Drummond is my all-time hands-down fav. voice actor. When he does the Vegeta powerup, the yell is so kick ass. And when he gets pissed off, lol I love it.

The guy that voices Spike, Shishio.. ahh and it's like 2 or 3 others, I forgot - but him.

Those two are the two that come to mind..
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 01:44   Link #6
gunners2787
Lok-ke Hokage

Send a message via ICQ to gunners2787 Send a message via AIM to gunners2787 Send a message via MSN to gunners2787 Send a message via Yahoo to gunners2787
You guys have no idea what i've seen... I come from Malaysia and....we have this satellite TV that charges is for around RM100 with around 80-90 channels including satellite radios... We had this channel where they show animes and you have no IDEA what they make Naruto said!

Anyone of you know what is Malay? They dubbed the whole show with "the malay" language... Holy crap! what could get worse than that! It just makes the whole anime so freaking cheap! OMG! It makes them sounds like they are retarded! LOL A very bad move ... therefore thy shall leave the anime with the voice it was meant to be.....

Note : Malaysia is located between the Island of Singapore and Thailand. Above the Island of Singapore and below Thailand. A country that is inhabited with the so-called "aboroginies" that is MALAY! They are very uncivilised and useless.
The Malay language the the language they used to communicate and we who are studying is a must that we study "their" language too. A very useless language I would say!
gunners2787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 02:12   Link #7
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners2787
You guys have no idea what i've seen... I come from Malaysia and....we have this satellite TV that charges is for around RM100 with around 80-90 channels including satellite radios... We had this channel where they show animes and you have no IDEA what they make Naruto said!

Anyone of you know what is Malay? They dubbed the whole show with "the malay" language... Holy crap! what could get worse than that! It just makes the whole anime so freaking cheap! OMG! It makes them sounds like they are retarded! LOL A very bad move ... therefore thy shall leave the anime with the voice it was meant to be.....

Note : Malaysia is located between the Island of Singapore and Thailand. Above the Island of Singapore and below Thailand. A country that is inhabited with the so-called "aboroginies" that is MALAY! They are very uncivilised and useless.
The Malay language the the language they used to communicate and we who are studying is a must that we study "their" language too. A very useless language I would say!
You know here in America we consider such use of words like uncivilized and useless to be highly prejudiced and intolerant. You don't have to blast the aboriginal people of your area as worthless to get through the point that they live simple lives. The same could be said of the people living in Malaysia. How would you feel if we regarded you as a primitive foreigner who isn't intelligent enough to talk to us on the board? That kind of talk is fit for Stormfront.org.

Anyhow this reminds me of some crap my cousin let me borrow. It was a malaysian English dub of DBZ movie 11. That was the worst thing I have ever seen. On top of the fact that Movie 11 sucked the voices sounded like they had a weird french accent and they got most of the names wrong. Videl was called Kami. Goten was called Goku. Trunks was called Goku and I even think Gohan was called Goku a few times. Some of the attacks were the original Japanese voices too it was horrible! Gohan is rescued in a scene by Krillen who he refers to as "Brother Goku" and then he gets hit by Brolli the next second. Gohan shouts in his japanese voice "Krillen-san!". I busted out laughing that was some horrible shit! Dubs scare me now.
Old 2004-11-10, 02:26   Link #8
gunners2787
Lok-ke Hokage

Send a message via ICQ to gunners2787 Send a message via AIM to gunners2787 Send a message via MSN to gunners2787 Send a message via Yahoo to gunners2787
ShurikenJay, I truly agreed with you about the "intolerable" thing... but you have no idea what the government has did to us...(i do not want to speak any further because this is politics and case is sentitive) so.. anyway... i'm not prejudice about the aboroginies but sometimes when i think of all the special treatments that the government gave to them... the somehow just won't advance and plus.... in here... Our cabinets are full of them... i think there is only 1 or 2 of the other race in the cabinet... (I shall not speak anymore further) but i truly agreed with you ShurikenJay, speaking of the words that i said was infact a lil` racism... hehehe *I'm so at the risk of getting ban again*
Old 2004-11-10, 02:33   Link #9
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Mass suicide by Naruto-fanatics and/or Narutards; although this might be considered a good thing by some... sarcasteak for example.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 02:39   Link #10
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Here in America in certain states it is a requirement that we pass two years of Spanish to graduate from High School. I used to live in New York where there was no such rule but when I moved to Maryland I had to take Spanish 2 when I took Spanish 1 in 9th grade! My Spanish was rusty by 4 years and yet the expected me to pass a more advanced course of something I wasn't familiar with anymore. But I took it and passed it. I didn't hold a grudge against the hispanic population that is apperently taking over our country. I don't know what its like in Malaysia but I would say sometimes the native people deserve special treatment to protect their interest after what has been done to them. That is especially true of Native Americans, I wouldn't ever trade what has been done to them to recieve the little bit of special treatment they recieve. But anyway I'd just encourage you to not take it out on a group of people and if it really bothers you, take it up with your government. As far as this topic is concerned, the worst thing that could happen to Naruto being dubbed would be to land on a network other than Fox Kids. You will get Doppleganger clones. Bathing suit technique and a less perverted Orochimaru. And that can't be good.
Old 2004-11-10, 02:54   Link #11
fzz

Send a message via ICQ to fzz Send a message via MSN to fzz
thw worst thing would be : laughing myself to death
fzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 03:17   Link #12
shikamaru_kun
Thunder King

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners2787

Hey man i know what u mean.... I'm also a Malaysian but i live in Australia. I remember a while back when Dragon Ball Z was the Naruto of that time i bought a Dragon Ball Z VCD from a shop. The Malay People did voiceovers in english of Dragon Ball Z, and if they did it to Naruto many people will commit suicide. But man you're kinda making fun of urself, being a malay, by saying that Malay is a very useless language.Just so you know also Bahasa malay is also equivelant to the Indonesian language as well so ur not only making fun of one but two countries. But anyway all of us are rascist at some times. Hope u enjoyed my language lesson.
shikamaru_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 04:47   Link #13
gunners2787
Lok-ke Hokage

oh.. noway... there is JUST NO WAY i'm going to be a MALAY.. i wasn't born as a MALAY... that's the problem.... Malaysia consist of 3 majority races which is Malay, Chinese and Indian... if you're living in Malaysia doesn't mean you have to be a MALAY.... therefore I'm not a MALAY.. nothing like it!.... i'm just a Chinese who cannot wait to migrate to England once my migration thingy has been confirmed... oh by the way... ShurikenJay, in the states i know that there is a democratic rule which is the freedom of speech... therefore you could throw everything at the government... In here.. eventhough it is called a "democratic country" fuh~ there was never much democratic rule implemented over here.... Let's say! just for example.. if Malay accidentaly overheard or a Christian discussion or a church... they could just report to the government with the fault that we are spreading Christianity to them and that is illegal over here.... and.. if we say anything bad about the government and if the police heard them... wow! you'll be charged with TREASON and I don't know why!!! so basically, the malays get all the special treatment without needed to sacrifice anything and we don't get anything in return but just to stay in this country as a permanent resident..

anywayz... i think it is wise that we stop this conversation because i do not want any of the government secret body to tap in here and track down my IP address and have me lock-up! hehehe oh yea... about the DBZ... that's not the worst.. wait till you see Ultraman, Yu-Gi-Oh! and PoKeMon... you'll be dead by the first minute...
Old 2004-11-10, 07:22   Link #14
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

What's the worst that could happen if Naruto was dubbed?
they dub it in swedish
Fei-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 09:46   Link #15
Shay
Monarch Programmer

I hear Quentin Tarantino is a big fan of Anime, I wonder if he watches Naruto? Hmmm.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 10:13   Link #16
Gon the Freec
1337 member ......

I wonder what would happen to the sexy no jutsu
Gon the Freec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 10:52   Link #17
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Hm I was thinking they might change Naruto's 'dattebayo' into a 'yo' or something. "I won't give up yo" "I wanna eat noodles yo" "What the hell are you doing yo". :P
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 11:17   Link #18
Neophos
I´m from Sweden ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Neophos Send a message via MSN to Neophos
Swedish would pwn ^_^

Skuggklon Tekniken!

Förvandlings Tekniken!

Spiral klotet!

Everything said with Rony & Ragge and Gunde Svan voices....>_> <_<

And he would finish very sentence with "Du vet..."

Jag vill äta nudel soppa, du vet. >_>
Neophos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 13:30   Link #19
Yogi

Naruto: 4-Kids/FUNimation/Nelvala/Sabian version!!

1) Naruto's status as the orphaned town pariah removed. Iruka is his father.

2) The Third Hokage isn't dead, he's only resting after his fight with Orochimaru (not shown because of occult concerns.)

3) Sasuke doesn't really hate Itachi for kidnapping (not murdering), but only wants to find him so he can get his money back.

4) Sexy no Jutsu removed.

5) Hell, entire scene of Naruto stealing the scroll removed. Naruto just magically shows up with the Kabe-bunshin (musn't let kids think stealing is bad.)

6) Neji beating up Hinata is too intense for the kiddies. Hinata cut.

7) Garaa vs. Rock Lee is too intense for the kiddies. Fight cut to Rock Lee knocked out after being thrown against the wall once. Rock Lee re-cast as a complete buffoon, simply there fore comic releif.

I can continue, but this is getting way too depressing. The reality will probably be even worse than anything I can imagine.
Yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 13:51   Link #20
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi
Naruto: 4-Kids/FUNimation/Nelvala/Sabian version!!

1) Naruto's status as the orphaned town pariah removed. Iruka is his father.

2) The Third Hokage isn't dead, he's only resting after his fight with Orochimaru (not shown because of occult concerns.)

3) Sasuke doesn't really hate Itachi for kidnapping (not murdering), but only wants to find him so he can get his money back.

4) Sexy no Jutsu removed.

5) Hell, entire scene of Naruto stealing the scroll removed. Naruto just magically shows up with the Kabe-bunshin (musn't let kids think stealing is bad.)

6) Neji beating up Hinata is too intense for the kiddies. Hinata cut.

7) Garaa vs. Rock Lee is too intense for the kiddies. Fight cut to Rock Lee knocked out after being thrown against the wall once. Rock Lee re-cast as a complete buffoon, simply there fore comic releif.

I can continue, but this is getting way too depressing. The reality will probably be even worse than anything I can imagine.
I hope none of those evil companies gets ahold of Naruto. Bandai however managed to get Gundam Wing "uncut" on cartoon network. There really isn't anything in Naruto they'd have to cut its pretty clean compared to what they allowed in shows like DragonballZ. The only thing you'd have to worry about is jutsu name changes. Inuyasha's Kaze no Kizu (Wound of the Wind) was changed to Wind Scar. There's probably worse. Bandai is the best that could happen to Naruto. Saban and 4 kids are the worst. But I don't think they'd get their hands on something this popular. Cartoon Network will pay the big bucks. And then there are always DVDs where you can't lose because even if you don't like the dub, there's always the japanese version.