AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-08-17, 16:52   Link #661
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Which torrent program can I use that allows me ban ip? Bad Utorrent, won't let me. Let try to not use Azureus, it seems to steal too much CPU power from me.
This should happen automatically after a number of bad sends or "client abuse" behavior. Why would you want to do it manually?
Old 2007-08-17, 22:55   Link #662
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by innominate View Post
Um, you mean like... shelf life? For the smoothie part. Can't you just refrigerate it?

I think someone has brought this up before but I forgot who.

Or do you mean... when you're making it?
yes, shelf life. And the other person that was talking about shelf life, that was me too ^_^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I was saving some images from another site yesterday, when I suddenly noticed that something had changed with the images themselves.

All the images were JPG and all had their own name (a number, but whatever); At one point however, they all become nameless (untitled) BMP images when I saved them.

I could only save them as BMP files and I had to rename them every time for every single image. What exactly happened here? A problem on my side with IE7 maybe?

The site in question has two places for their galleries. The main galleries on the site, and the fan galleries on their forums. In this case, the problem appears whenever I try to save images from their forum.

I have downloaded images from many sites in the past, and this the second time I have seen this happening in the last six months or so.
That happen to me before too from some of the image sites i've downloaded from too. But I don't know why too. Like you said, the file name has two extension on it too. But I didn't really care for it too much, though i'm not exactly sure why this happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
This should happen automatically after a number of bad sends or "client abuse" behavior. Why would you want to do it manually?
I was just wondering.

---New question now.

Now sometimes you go into those older barbershops you see those red/white/blue spiraling stripes going from up to down on those poles, what exactly did those mean again? I don't quite remember but I think it had something to do back into the Civil War or something, correct?

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2007-08-17 at 23:48.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 05:20   Link #663
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Now sometimes you go into those older barbershops you see those red/white/blue spiraling stripes going from up to down on those poles, what exactly did those mean again? I don't quite remember but I think it had something to do back into the Civil War or something, correct?
The exact reasoning or story behind why the pattern and those colours were used differs. However the underlying theme always relates to the services that barbers used to perform; namely surgery, blood-letting and the like.

Edit:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/A885062
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barber_surgeon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barber%27s_pole
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 18:00   Link #664
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Question: Why are so many women picky about the position of toilet seats?

I've never quite understood why my female cousins/relatives/mother continue to give me hell everytime I leave the toilet seats upright.

Someone please enlighten me.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 18:31   Link #665
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L View Post

I've never quite understood why my female cousins/relatives/mother continue to give me hell everytime I leave the toilet seats upright.

My grandma used to say (in a joking kinda way) that if you leave the seat up, your good luck may end up being flushed away by the toilet.
Old 2007-08-20, 16:43   Link #666
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:

i had it several times in my own home when my dad would leave it up and i was so silly that i sat down when it was still up.. its cold and wet and it feels disgusting >.>;
sometimes going to the bathroom is so standar, pants down and sit style that you forget to check (which i hardly do in my own house but i do check it at other peoples house)
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 20:44   Link #667
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
i had it several times in my own home when my dad would leave it up and i was so silly that i sat down when it was still up.. its cold and wet and it feels disgusting >.>;
sometimes going to the bathroom is so standar, pants down and sit style that you forget to check (which i hardly do in my own house but i do check it at other peoples house)
With all due respect I feel it's unreasonable to ask the man to do all the work just so the woman's ass is covered (no pun intended). The "move it yourself" system works just fine, and it's by far the most efficient way to handle things.

With that said, I have adapted to the "girls' rules" long ago. Yet, my cousins still find ways to make me suffer from their never-ending feminine wrath.

Last edited by [DOT].L; 2007-08-21 at 01:10. Reason: bah, spelling
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 21:02   Link #668
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
With all due repsect I feel it's unreasonable to ask the man to do all the work just so the woman's ass is covered (no pun intended). The "move it yourself" system works just fine, and it's by far the most efficient way to handle things.

With that said, I have adapted to the "girls' rules" long ago. Yet, my cousins still find ways to make me suffer from their never-ending feminine wrath.
Just lift the seat and lid when you're peeing and move it back down when you're done. Usually they won't do it, so you'll have to do it yourself.

In my house, we do whatever we want, as long as the toilet is clean.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 00:12   Link #669
jedinat

Wow, that is bizarre. How can someone sit down on a toilet seat without checking it first, and then feel entitled to complain? One must always check, if only to avoid the yellow puddles and brown spots of the innacurate.

But I guess the point is mute these days in our house because of the new cat, who feels compelled to remove all the water from the toilet bowl for some unknowable reason, forcing everyone to remember to keep the lid down.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 00:43   Link #670
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Its a habit. Then they feel compelled to NOT change their habit, so they FORCED us to change ours

Learn to live with it
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 02:29   Link #671
Ledgem
Love Yourself

In my life experiences, the females have always been in the majority, and they have always had to use the bathroom more frequently than the males. The latter is really the only acceptable reasoning for why the seat should be kept down, in my opinion. It's not a big deal either way.
Old 2007-08-21, 02:33   Link #672
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Hmm, I'm sure guys will find a way to combat my reasoning, but this is the way I see it:

Girls need the toilet seat down 100% of the time.
Guys need the toilet seat down maybe 25% of the time (depending on the individual).

To keep it simple, that's 63% of the time that the toilet seat will need to be down (assuming there is an equal amount of girls as guys in the household). Since that's 63% versus 37%, I say keep the toilet seat down.

And in households that are made up mostly of guys, it's not unusual for the toilet seat to just stay up anyways.

EDIT: or just listen to Ledgem above me. XD
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 02:51   Link #673
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Between rugby and american football, is there any difference other then the extra protective-kit for the later?
Old 2007-08-21, 11:52   Link #674
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Between rugby and american football, is there any difference other then the extra protective-kit for the later?
Good basic info can be found here

I'll be happy to try to answer any specific questions you may have. BTW, with which of the two sports are you most familiar? It will be easier to explain the differences if I know which to use as the baseline for comparison. I played american football (defensive lineman / linebacker) in junior high and high school, and was on the varsity rugby team (blindside flanker) in college, so I have some experience with both.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 11:57   Link #675
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Rugby, but that's plenty of help already. Thanks.
Old 2007-08-21, 16:49   Link #676
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
On the topic of toilet seats, it's funny since my family asks me to leave the thing open. They say it's to keep it from accumulating foul odors.

Isn't one of the main differences between rugby and American football the fact that in the former you can't pass the ball forward with your hands? I'm not much versed in either sport.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 19:27   Link #677
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
That happen to me before too from some of the image sites i've downloaded from too. But I don't know why too. Like you said, the file name has two extension on it too. But I didn't really care for it too much, though i'm not exactly sure why this happens.
It's been a few days already since I made the question and still no answer. Guess the mistery will continue for a while longer.

Either this is something really, really wierd or I simply didn't explain the issue properly.

I may as well bump the question again a few months from now.
Old 2007-08-21, 20:15   Link #678
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
Question :
What's the average price for pizzas, hamburgers, and fast food in general in the US?

I'm quite curious and want to compare them with the ones from my country...

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 21:28   Link #679
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Interesting question, but the answer varies greatly depending on the restaurant that makes the food.

For a whole pizza, between $5 and $20, more toppings means an even higher price. In my experience I've found that a decent-quality large-sized pizza is around $12~$15, and anything less will probably taste a lot "cheaper".

Only taking into account hamburgers from fast-food chains, between $1 and $5 for a single hamburger.

For the pizza (I don't know about the hamburgers), you should compare the sizes of a large in the US to a large in your country -- I was surprised to find that a large pizza in Korea is about the size of a small here, and thus a large there was a lot cheaper.

How are the prices of them where you live?
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 22:05   Link #680
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
Hmm... Large size pizza with full topping is around Rp. 80000 (around $8~$10), hamburgers ranging from Rp. 5000 to Rp. 20000 ($.60~$3), meal set (fried chicken, rice and cola) is around Rp. 6000 (service time) to Rp. 15000 ($.75~$2)...

My usual meal at local restaurant is around Rp. 4000 ($.50), so i still consider that they're quite expensive, lol i'm cheap...

Well, it's quite surprising for me that the price is almost the same...

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious