AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 46 36.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 32.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 19.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.79%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-29, 01:34   Link #121
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaler View Post
I don't think so. From what I remember, it's just a very minor alteration regarding the story.
No, the opening was indeed altered after Kai's short hiatus because a 16 year old Japanese girl murdered her father with a hatchet in RL, causing a bit of a uproar against Higurashi.
Old 2009-11-29, 02:13   Link #122
Marion
The Great Dine

OPs are nice but I rather not have DEEN spend their budget on a 1 minute and 30 second sequence (or something like that) that appears in the beginning of the episode, instead of spending it on the actual episode production
Old 2009-11-29, 08:53   Link #123
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
Higurashi Kai's OP didn't change only because of the hatchet incident- it also changed when Matsuribayashi-hen started, by removing the 'blocks' around Takano and including Hanyuu 'materialized' in the end.
Old 2009-11-29, 09:12   Link #124
~Ayane~

so they used Lambda's theme without Lambda -__-

well at least they used it...
Old 2009-11-29, 09:28   Link #125
Riskbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
so they used Lambda's theme without Lambda -__-

well at least they used it...
The thing is though, the anime is being faithful to the novel because Mirage coordinator was used for that part in the novel too. Take a look:

Old 2009-11-29, 09:32   Link #126
~Ayane~

i know....
but it wasnt first time in vn when it was used, so its just little sad T_T like...im happy it was at least included but its kinda ironic that the first time her theme is used is a scene without her xD
whatever ;F
Old 2009-11-29, 12:25   Link #127
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
OPs are nice but I rather not have DEEN spend their budget on a 1 minute and 30 second sequence (or something like that) that appears in the beginning of the episode, instead of spending it on the actual episode production
I know I might sound crazy for saying this... but I'd actually prefer if there was no OP for Umineko in the first place.

I mean... a minute and 30 seconds isn't that much, but it could still go to something much more important in the story. But that's just me, I guess it's unheard of for an anime not to have an OP?

Old 2009-11-29, 12:35   Link #128
~Ayane~

im sorry but i couldnt live without Katayoku no Tori
Old 2009-11-29, 12:45   Link #129
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
im sorry but i couldnt live without Katayoku no Tori
But if the anime didn't have an OP in the first place then it would have never existed
Old 2009-11-29, 12:48   Link #130
~Ayane~

oh no, its even worse T_T
thanks creators it exists...
Old 2009-11-29, 15:20   Link #131
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Quote:
i know....
but it wasnt first time in vn when it was used, so its just little sad T_T like...im happy it was at least included but its kinda ironic that the first time her theme is used is a scene without her xD
whatever ;F
If I recall, the first time it's used in the VN is during the meta-battle between Battler and Eva-Beatrice, which is also a scene without Lambda.

Not that I disagree with you...I associate miragecoordinator as 'Lambda's Theme' as well, but at the same time it doesn't terribly bother me that this was the scene they chose to use it for. I'm just happy we got it after all (though it could have been a bit louder/longer).
Old 2009-11-29, 16:40   Link #132
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanonTheFurniture View Post
If I recall, the first time it's used in the VN is during the meta-battle between Battler and Eva-Beatrice, which is also a scene without Lambda.

Not that I disagree with you...I associate miragecoordinator as 'Lambda's Theme' as well, but at the same time it doesn't terribly bother me that this was the scene they chose to use it for. I'm just happy we got it after all (though it could have been a bit louder/longer).
Well funny enough miragecoordniator will always stay 'Eva-Beatrice's Theme' for me, because that's the scene where I first heard it and I loved it to pieces.
Well in the end it's only one of the many 'TEH HORROR Themes' in the VN, so if you would actually start associating tracks...nah just doesn't work.

I actually think that this was the first scene in the anime that the song worked with. The scene with Eva-Beato was to dialogue-driven, as was the scene with Lambda...it would have seemed off with them just standing there while this epic song blasts through the speakers...I assume we wouldn't have been able to understand anything at all.
Many things work in the VN that just don't work if there are things like animation, voice acting and other things involved...and in the VN a song was timed so that it could loop at least once, even if you're a quick reader.

Ah well...this has been said enough times and it's not like it's going to convince anybody that there is something like coreography in an anime or movie in general too.
Old 2009-11-29, 18:47   Link #133
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by chounokoe View Post
Well funny enough miragecoordniator will always stay 'Eva-Beatrice's Theme' for me, because that's the scene where I first heard it and I loved it to pieces.
Well in the end it's only one of the many 'TEH HORROR Themes' in the VN, so if you would actually start associating tracks...nah just doesn't work.

I actually think that this was the first scene in the anime that the song worked with. The scene with Eva-Beato was to dialogue-driven, as was the scene with Lambda...it would have seemed off with them just standing there while this epic song blasts through the speakers...I assume we wouldn't have been able to understand anything at all.
Many things work in the VN that just don't work if there are things like animation, voice acting and other things involved...and in the VN a song was timed so that it could loop at least once, even if you're a quick reader.

Ah well...this has been said enough times and it's not like it's going to convince anybody that there is something like coreography in an anime or movie in general too.
Except it could still work. For instance, that one part in EP1's adaptation where the servants are all "Beatrice exists" had a lot of shading and shaky camera movement. Why wouldn't that work for miragecoordinator?
Old 2009-11-29, 18:50   Link #134
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workworkwork View Post
Except it could still work. For instance, that one part in EP1's adaptation where the servants are all "Beatrice exists" had a lot of shading and shaky camera movement. Why wouldn't that work for miragecoordinator?
Because DEEN doesn't have the artistic ability to do things like that on a regular basis.

Umineko would work much better given to a studio like, say, KyoAni, which is very, very good at making long stretches of nothing but talking incredibly interesting by abusing unconventional cinematography techniques.

But what can you do...
Old 2009-11-29, 18:51   Link #135
suiryoku
Urusai! (うるさい
*Graphic Designer

A very good episode. I'm glad to see that Maria was somewhat happy considering what she has to go through with having Rosa as a mother.
Old 2009-11-29, 18:59   Link #136
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

2nd edit:
Okay found it. It's episode 21 and starts at 18:23...what's the name of the piano BGM piece? Does anyone know? I really like it a lot...and i'm going to start playing it on the piano if i can't find the piece by itself

Last edited by miroku2192; 2009-11-29 at 19:11.
Old 2009-11-29, 19:19   Link #137
June 1983

^The music in that scene in 21 is an anime-original piece and not from the VN. (And I love it too ... variations on that melody have appeared a couple of time, I tend to think of it as the "magic" theme since it tends to appear when people are talking about the nature of magic, it seems.)
Old 2009-11-29, 19:21   Link #138
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
^The music in that scene in 21 is an anime-original piece and not from the VN. (And I love it too ... variations on that melody have appeared a couple of time, I tend to think of it as the "magic" theme since it tends to appear when people are talking about the nature of magic, it seems.)
Ahhh I see, so it's not a piece from the VN eh ? Well I guess that means i'll just have to play by ear and record it myself hehe.

And it is a very beautiful piece indeed...can't stop listening to it :X
Old 2009-11-29, 19:27   Link #139
June 1983

I think the anime's OST should be coming out some time in December. I hope. I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 2009-11-29, 19:28   Link #140
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

^oooooo that sounds awesome :O! So soon. Can't wait!
Closed Thread