Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-27, 13:23   Link #401
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
[
Are we certain about that? I'm not entirely sure Soichiro was dating Q that night, unless something was lost in translation? To me, Soichiro treats Q more like a favourite pet rather than a love interest.
You don't wager bets with a pet or put her food in a wine glass. When he said date in the prologue, he looked in the area where Q was sitting with the wine glass.

They can also converse with their assets thru their cards so the amount of attachment depends on the entre.
Old 2011-04-27, 18:54   Link #402
PzIVf3

[
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 19:00   Link #403
Used Can

So, he sexes the demon and earns profit.

I'd make a joke on how I'd like a job like that, but there are such jobs.
Old 2011-04-27, 19:19   Link #404
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
So, he sexes the demon and earns profit.

I'd make a joke on how I'd like a job like that, but there are such jobs.
You're right. Stockbrokers and investors, contrary to popular belief, make a living upon the profits of extremely attractive assets. I would love to invest in Msyu... but something tells me she's already sold out.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 21:44   Link #405
Used Can

What a cheap... asset.
Old 2011-04-28, 03:27   Link #406
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Those last two posts consisted of such fail humor, I think Charlie Sheen just got 5% funnier (which means he's now a total of 0% funny, as opposed to his previous -5%).

:/
Old 2011-04-28, 05:01   Link #407
Makender
Varsity Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Those last two posts consisted of such fail humor, I think Charlie Sheen just got 5% funnier (which means he's now a total of 0% funny, as opposed to his previous -5%).

:/
Aww lighten up on them. Econ humor generally fails. For example:

An economist and a magical economist enter into a cab together. The regular economist gets off first and the taxi driver tells him, "10 dollars."

The economist only has a twenty on him so he tells the taxi driver, "I'm going to flip a coin. Heads I give you twenty. Tails I pay you nothing." The coin lands heads. The driver is ecstatic because he just doubled his money. The economist is quite pleased too because he paid exactly what he expected.

The magical economist watching over this shakes his head and chuckles softly to himself. "Such rudimentary methods. I think I'm getting off too," he says. "10 dollars then" the taxi driver retorts, eyes gleaming that the magical economist will pull the same money stunt.

Much to the taxi driver's confusion and dismay the magical economist pulls out an unmarked, black paper bill. "What the hell is this? You trying to be funny?" the taxi driver angrily spits at the magical economist.

A little offended, the magical economist shakes his head and sighs. "Sir, assume that this is a 10 dollar bill...."

I hope this gets as many laughs as it deserves. Namely none.

Last edited by Makender; 2011-04-28 at 05:17.
Makender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 06:02   Link #408
konart

Quote:
I hope this gets as many laughs as it deserves. Namely none.
By the time magical economist decided to get off I was pretty sure he's gonna say: "The first guy already paid for me" or something like that
Old 2011-04-28, 07:03   Link #409
Makender
Varsity Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
By the time magical economist decided to get off I was pretty sure he's gonna say: "The first guy already paid for me" or something like that
Oh my, I could never make the joke like that. That would actually make it good.

I've got another one for you guys:

A priest, a philosopher, an economist, and a magical economist run across a strangely cute, white creature.

The white creature exclaims, "Contract with me and I'll give you one wish AND make you magical!"

The priest incredulously replies, "What blasphemy is this? I could certainly do without the magic, but if you can create miracles as you claim I would much like to see world peace come about!" The white creature happily complies and news soon spreads that all world conflict had suddenly come to a halt. The priest, shocked at the apparent godly nature of the creature, falls into questioning despair over his faith.

The philosopher, quite impressed by the results, asks, "My wish may be less noble, but could you possibly grant me all worldly knowledge?" The white creature flicks its tail wildly, happy that so many individuals are taking the bait. Moments later, the philosopher's eyes widen and he proclaims, "My god, Berkeley's idealism was right all along!" The philosopher then promptly fell to his knees now knowing full well that the world he once knew isn't what he thought it was.

The economist, seeing the effects of the previous two wishes, thoughtfully takes his time deciding his wish. After some contemplation, the economist says, "You know having more than two hands would be quite convenient." The white creature's face almost looks as if it is about to contort into some kind of state of confusion. "More than two hands, you say?" slowly asks the weird, little creature. "Ah perhaps this is beyond your powers, but I think it would be most prudent," retorts the economist. The creature, deeply perturbed by the strangeness of human society, grants the economist's wish and watches as the man grotesquely sprouts countless hands from his body.

Finally the little, white creature turns to the magical economist who, watching over the curious scene unfolding before his eyes, wore a slightly bemused expression on his face. The white creature, almost exasperatedly, asks, "And what will your ill-fated wish be?" The magical economist, a little surprised at the question, responds with a smirk, "Oh, you have nothing to offer me, but I would like to propose a counteroffer. How would you like to become a magical economist?"

And I think I'm tapped dry this very early morning concerning anime econ jokes.

Last edited by Makender; 2011-04-28 at 18:40.
Makender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 15:57   Link #410
Used Can

Had it been Reagan, he'd have reduced economists' hands by one.
Old 2011-04-28, 21:04   Link #411
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Huzzah! Episode 3 was pretty good minus the lollipop talk that annoyed the heck out of me for some reason.

Forced English and English matched to the wrong body type were the other punches to the stomach.

In preview to the next episode:

Spoiler for Episode 3 and 4:

Last edited by trinitem; 2011-04-28 at 21:06. Reason: spoiler tags
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 21:23   Link #412
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Mashu was adowable when she did that double take!!!
I hope that Masakaki turns out to be a deeper character rather then just the obligatory enigmatic creepy dude.
And whoah, it didn't take long for the users on Pixiv to read into Masakaki's eagerness to serve Mikuni.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 22:02   Link #413
Tsuyukusa
King of Carrot Flowers

That Engrish, my god... haha.
Tsuyukusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 05:50   Link #414
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post

Are we certain about that? I'm not entirely sure Soichiro was dating Q that night, unless something was lost in translation? To me, Soichiro treats Q more like a favourite pet rather than a love interest.
Looks like she's a replacement little sister.

---

That wolf asset was pretty cute. (And so was its entrepreneur, though... what's with her voice?)

Who's that guy Kimimaro's going to fight? Seems familiar.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 06:12   Link #415
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Who's that guy Kimimaro's going to fight? Seems familiar.
It's his professor.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 06:20   Link #416
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
It's his professor.
Oh well, if he got a bad grade in the course, it's payback time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Looks like she's a replacement little sister.
You'd think that because of the height and the nodding off. But I suspect it's an act to throw MC and Mashu off. The other entre with the wolf was saying that Souichiro was trying to get MC on his side.
Old 2011-04-29, 07:41   Link #417
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 3:
Old 2011-04-29, 09:27   Link #418
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

i must say the engrish is awesome one of the better engrish i heard in anime
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 11:44   Link #419
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyukusa View Post
That Engrish, my god... haha.
That was pretty horrible. Have definitely heard better than that .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
It's his professor.
When was the lesson of using assets in magical battles to gain profit ? I was really struggling to place that guy for a while there. Maybe could lead to "give me A's for the rest of the year and I don't bankrupt you" .
Old 2011-04-29, 11:56   Link #420
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Or something more troubling like "I have to bankrupt him or fail his class."
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, finance, noitamina