AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-15, 12:23   Link #361
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
I did this poll for another forum but it should be good to help spark our next big debate...

Who will Raciela (aka The Destroyer) spit out first?
a1) Awakened Clare (aka goddess form)
a2) Claymore Clare
b) Ophelia
c1) Awakened Teresa (aka Goddess form)
c2) Claymore Teresa
d) Raphaela
e) Luciela
f) Priscilla (she doesn't taste guud, whether alive or dead)
g) Hellvicitms (not attached to The Destroyers body, so no more cats but close too them)
h) Blood... as Priscilla pulverizes her
i) Apples from the forest (some squirrels and deer too)
j) Hairballs from the discontinued Hellcats
k) Jean
l) Irene
m) Elena
n) Flora
o) Other
I hope 1a but a different awakend form.

BTW: That is an awsome sig.
Old 2010-07-15, 12:25   Link #362
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
I hope 1a but a different awakend form.

BTW: That is an awsome sig.
What do you want her too look like?

Thx
Old 2010-07-15, 12:28   Link #363
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Quote:
What do you want her too look like?

Thx
I'm not too sure though... I mean we've seen the goddess form already. So surly Yagi-san has something, that will make us go WOW!!!
Old 2010-07-15, 12:30   Link #364
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Huh? We've seen the goddess form? When? I'm confused here.
Old 2010-07-15, 12:34   Link #365
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Huh? We've seen the goddess form? When? I'm confused here.
I ment 2 say we've seen it through the destroyer's initial form. I guess I wasn't specific enough sorry.
Old 2010-07-15, 16:08   Link #366
Joe_fh

Well before Prissy forced the Destroyer to take the form of a giant black thingie I was quite sure the first thing coming out of it was Deneve's claymore...oh well that's not happening now is it?
Old 2010-07-15, 16:39   Link #367
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Read the chapter now (again a lot later than you guys ).

Hmmm, I hope the story picks up again next chapter. This one had no real surprises. Aside from the pudding that is the destroyer and is eating the forest.
Dunno it had the epic panels of friggin Priscilla getting pierced, but it didn't feel really epic.

Hope the next one will be a blast.
Old 2010-07-15, 23:37   Link #368
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Read the chapter now (again a lot later than you guys ).

Hmmm, I hope the story picks up again next chapter. This one had no real surprises. Aside from the pudding that is the destroyer and is eating the forest.
Dunno it had the epic panels of friggin Priscilla getting pierced, but it didn't feel really epic.

Hope the next one will be a blast.
Your definatly right this one was set up for the true battle. Which last month we thought would be this month would be the start of the true battle... but it turned out it's not Priscilla vs The Destroyer but Priscilla vs Clare the Destroyer (CtD for short)... ... ... I think I really like that name, might be using it from now on.

Last edited by Ryus; 2010-07-16 at 01:54.
Old 2010-07-16, 01:18   Link #369
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Your definatly right this one was step up for the true battle. Which last month we thought would be this month would be the start of the true battle... but it turned out it's not Priscilla vs The Destroyer but Priscilla vs Clare the Destroyer. I think I really like that name, might be using it from now on.
I want to know what happend to Raki, or at least what's going to happen or is happening. At least give meh 1 panel. That's brighten my Claymore month.
Old 2010-07-16, 01:33   Link #370
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar View Post
I want to know what happend to Raki, or at least what's going to happen or is happening. At least give meh 1 panel. That's brighten my Claymore month.
Unless Clare senses Raki via the rod in his shoulder (which I'm assuming could be linked with The Destroyer and therefore Clare now being part of it cloud sense him) I doubt he'll make an appearance before this arc is over. I too really wanna know what happened to Raki... Then again I want to know how Dietrich got both sides (AF vs Hellcat) to kill each other off, why Priscilla left Raki, and where the bloody hell Miria and gang are... just as much. There are way too many unanswered questions at the moment

Yet at the same time I really wanna conclusion to all this Clare vs Priscilla stuff and to know Clare's fate now that's she merged.

I feel dreadfully conflicted of what I wanna see next every day.
Old 2010-07-16, 01:56   Link #371
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

We wont just get a panel of Raki. He will come in in big damn herus fashion
He's withheld for a reason. Gonna be the big surprise along the lines.

Last edited by zebra; 2010-07-16 at 02:08.
Old 2010-07-16, 02:09   Link #372
evil_kenshin

Quote:
We wont just get a panel of Raki. He will come in in big herous fashion
He's witheld for a reason. Gonna be the big surprise along the lines.
someone over on the MH forum posted an interesting theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliayev
Hmm, we may disagree on that. I see it as a means to draw the series closer to a conclusion, not stretch it out (sure it was a somewhat roundabout if Clare was the dominant consciousness of the merged abyssal as it awakened, but if she had taken immediate control of the entity, Raki wouldn't have been infected, Priscilla would still be restrained, and the twists wouldn't have been as effective). By having Clare awaken the merged abyssal and become the dominant consciousness, Yagi has provided a legitimate challenge to Priscilla. The mangaka can resolve the primary thrust of the narrative by eliminating the two characters involved and be left with a loophole for the conclusion: Raki. If Priscilla and Clare destroy one another, Raki would be left as the inheritor of "Clare's flesh" and everything that implies. The narrative's cycle would be complete. Of course, to make this ending truly bittersweet, Yagi would need to ensure that Clare and Priscilla saw the fruits of their labor.
would be interesting if thats the case but I don't want Clare to die
Old 2010-07-16, 02:35   Link #373
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
someone over on the MH forum posted an interesting theory

would be interesting if thats the case but I don't want Clare to die
I still see that as a flawed theory... since the series couldn't end without the org being dealt with and the other half of the ghost showing up. It's a nice theory but I just don't see Yagi not concluding those plot angles.

Also I'm beginning to think Priscilla will win this fight but spare Clare (by choice for whatever reason or being forced to due to a third party showing up and her now being too weak to chance a fight). Since I just don't see Raki developing into something more epic (power level wise) than Priscilla, at least off the bat (and if he does then Claymore just turned into another powerhouse badass of the arc story when it's always been a multi sided war story). Yet if he doesn't become the new monster than there's not much left that can really challenge the ghosts since the dragons where previously described as equal to ABs and Miria alone could take out quite a few of them now. Logic dictates that there is no way the dragons could be that much stronger unless almost everything we know about the mainland is false. So looking at it from this angle if Priscilla (and Clare) falls... then what? If Priscilla dies and Clare lives than everything is now too weak to challenge her but if they both die then everything else is just wrap up and will fail due to lack of investment of the readers on these plot points. If Priscilla lives and Clare dies then she'll still be just too powerful and everyone is F***ed... but if Clare wins and loses her mind to The Destroyer after killing Priscilla than she is just as bad as Priscilla plot wise (and they'll either need to kill her or redeem her, both conceptually seem weak).

So I'm leaning towards Priscilla winning but Clare surviving too and now with a huge power up... then bring in Raki and/or Dargons and well be setting up for something truly epic and Priscilla and Clare will be our new yard sticks for measuring insane powers. Making it Clare, the ghosts, and Rabona vs Mib, loyal warriors, Raki, and other creations (and maybe some mainland forces) vs the Dragonskin, spies, and their armies vs Priscilla...

I see the here and now as an ACT 2 drawing to the close... changing everything we've come to know and setting it up for the conclusion ACT (still a bit away). This by chance should keep us on course for the approximate 25-30 volumes Yagi predicted at the beginning.
Old 2010-07-16, 02:54   Link #374
evil_kenshin

Quote:
I see the here and now as an ACT 2 drawing to the close... changing everything we've come to know and setting it up for the conclusion ACT (still a bit away). This by chance should keep us on course for the approximate 25-30 volumes Yagi predicted at the beginning.
While I would like to see what you put in the rest of the post, the problem is with the involvement of the DoD's it increases the scope of claymore so that it becomes necessary for a timeskip to deal with the conclusion. While we will get some massive battle they'll need a timeskip to explain the DoD's and the humans ending the war or something.
Old 2010-07-16, 05:12   Link #375
Joe_fh

I've said this before but we don't really need to see the conclusion of the major conflicst outside tne island. While that would be interesting it would change Claymore too much and it won't ahve anything to do with the story so far. The Ghosts have no reason to go to the mainland in the first place. Miria just wants to avenge her comrades and crush the organization and that is all connected to the island they are on. The only way things could escalate a bit (again only on the island) is for Rubel to do something huge (which might happen)

I have to agree with Ryus - I aslo don't see Clare wining this one. If she wins she'll be way overpowered and the story would basically lose a lot of it's charm. When Clare is the ultimate super powerful being she'll need a stronger enemy to face for things to develop further and so we'll see an endless cycle of weird power ups no one wants to see. And they can't possibly both die as Ryus pointed out.
Maybe Clare could kill Prissy and retain her human form and self by sacrificing her new power but that would be just to cheap for resolving one of the biggest issues in the manga so far.

Also Raki has to face both Prissy and Clare at some point. I doubt those 7 years of Raki and Prissy together would be for nothing. While Prissy might be saying that that she stayed with him just because of that scent I think there is something more. Same with Clare - she said she just wanted to see he's doing fine and so on but I'm sure she cares a lot about him and wants to see him again. And Raki obviously cares a lot for both of them so I feel it's important for all of them to face each other at one point which can't ahppen now and thus they all need to remain alive until that moment.
Old 2010-07-16, 08:27   Link #376
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I've said it before and I'll said it again: I demand a Fumoffu spin off with the characters in high school.
Old 2010-07-16, 08:32   Link #377
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I've said it before and I'll said it again: I demand a Fumoffu spin off with the characters in high school.
yagi has already done a highschool series before though lol so considering the different direction his gone with claymore (though reused a few character designs) I don't think it will happen.

Or just imagine than in angel densetsu the claymore look alikes are actually the characters from claymore

last resort is that fanmade picture of several claymore characters in highschool (can find it in a few of the claymore group's pics sections)
Old 2010-07-16, 09:23   Link #378
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
yagi has already done a highschool series before though lol
...... didn't know that! :O *goes searching*
Old 2010-07-16, 10:49   Link #379
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=740

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; but Claymore as we know it will have ended if Claire, Raki, Priscilla, or any of the three end up dying, especially the latter.
Old 2010-07-16, 10:53   Link #380
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
...... didn't know that! :O *goes searching*
Yagi's high school series is called Angel Densetsu. Clare, Teresa, Cynthia, and Raki are characters literally plucked from Angel Densetsu and thrown into Claymore (there are others but these are the big ones... there's also characters who have parallels between the series but look and act very different most of the time). Even Angel wings is a common theme in it. And several scenes in Angel Densetsu where just redone for Claymore... such as Teresa feeding Clare for the first time (it's at the very end of Angel Densetsu)

The series starts ROFLMAO (Yagi does some great comedy), then slumps a bit towards the middle (around volume 9), and gets better towards the end (around volume 13) with the introduction of some new neighbors. Not bad for a series that was meant to be a one shot chapter.

In short the series is about the sweetest boy ever who has the face of a demon... so everyone judges him by his appearance and rarely does anyone understand the real him. It's a comedic martial arts story set in a high school.

Last edited by Ryus; 2010-07-16 at 11:10.
Closed Thread