AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-04-27, 19:25   Link #201
Animexcel

Madoka's farewell theme. I love it!

BGM ep 11 and 12 Piano assortment

Last edited by Animexcel; 2011-04-28 at 00:39.
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 03:23   Link #202
sa547
*Author

^
Reminds me much of Gabriel Yared's work in City of Angels.
Old 2011-04-28, 04:33   Link #203
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
Whenever Kajiura makes heavy use of tubular bells and chorals, things are serious.
The cluster mention of Kajiura and tubular bells always stirs me up... given that she's a Mike Oldfield fan (and me too, for that matter). Too bad she doesn't use them all that often. "Interval" from Double Cast OST and a couple of Madlax tracks remain most packed examples.

Meanwhile, there are reports/rumours that BD version of ep 1 features a slightly different rendition of Mami's theme. Not only in terms of speed, but with some lyrics and vocal tweaks. Yuki Kajiura pulled into the vortex of SHAFTness?
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 06:26   Link #204
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgrnbluylw View Post
Madoka's character song is TOO FREAKING CUTE!!! hnnnnnnnnnng

Anyone know what the animation for the song is like as the ending? I'm absolutely dying to know!
It's just one single still image. Pretty underwhelming, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
Meanwhile, there are reports/rumours that BD version of ep 1 features a slightly different rendition of Mami's theme. Not only in terms of speed, but with some lyrics and vocal tweaks. Yuki Kajiura pulled into the vortex of SHAFTness?
It's definitely different from the first TV-airing, that I can say for sure. Whether it's an actual new rendition though, I can't tell.
Old 2011-04-28, 07:12   Link #205
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Alas, the"full" OSTs don't look as full as the usual stuff. At least Vol 1 has 13 tracks, and the estimated length is about 40 minutes or so. If Vol 2 is like that, too, they will sum up to a one-CD OST of 20 tracks, pretty much the standard for one-cour shows. I guess if it weren't for Siny selling these CDs bundled, there would be no point in splitting the OST in the first place.
Which doesn't prevent me from considering this one of Kajiura's best works.
The bundling was just stupid, they could have made Oricon history and a killing with stand alone release. I know this decision was probably made way back when the popularity was still uncertain, they still could have made a cover, booklet and released it. As it is they are missing out on a sizable chunk of income.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 07:42   Link #206
Snork
Twilight lander

Quote:
The bundling was just stupid, they could have made Oricon history and a killing with stand alone release. I know this decision was probably made way back when the popularity was still uncertain
You hire Yuki Kajiura and you're uncertain about how the OST will sell? True, her albums don't always get as much hype as .hack/SIGN and the Gundam Seed ED once did (all of Tsubasa Chronicle OSTs hung around Top 30 which redefines underrated, if you ask me), but you can expect some profit regardless of any factors. Kajiura is Kajiura, her music tends to settle down in playlists for quite longer than the period of the show-related hype.

Then again, Sony pulled off some nice trolling with Kara no Kyoukai, first simply bundling the complete soundtracks "as is" with DVDs (and giving us tracklists full of M##s), then compiling the creams into a stand-alone CD. People who cared for the OST alone and had been faithfully buying all DVDs for the sake of it, were less than happy.
Old 2011-04-28, 08:48   Link #207
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
The bundling was just stupid, they could have made Oricon history and a killing with stand alone release. I know this decision was probably made way back when the popularity was still uncertain, they still could have made a cover, booklet and released it. As it is they are missing out on a sizable chunk of income.
Indeed. I won't buy the BDs-- Just buying KamiNomi is already driving me to near bankrupcy, and while Madoka is by far a better show, it's also selling approximately 20 times as well already... However, I would have picked up the soundtrack in the blink of an eye had they only released it separately. I already have both the OP- and ED-singles, and I did in fact try to find the soundtrack and buy that too, until I learned that it was a BluRay-exclusive bonus...

Aniplex or whomever made this decision, I am not amused.
Old 2011-04-28, 09:02   Link #208
Snork
Twilight lander

At least, Sony, you would redeem yourself by giving us OST Vol 3 as well, with some bonuses, inspired music and rearrangements on par with Noir Blanc Dance. Hint taken?
Old 2011-04-28, 15:44   Link #209
FireChick

So...is the first OST out yet?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 15:52   Link #210
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

^ OST comes bundled with BD Vol. 2 on May 25
Old 2011-04-29, 20:27   Link #211
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Aha! I wasn't just imagining it then that it was different. The theme is different and the timing is changed a bit. It shifts key right after Mami completes her transformation. Nothing significant really but interesting that it was done.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 10:36   Link #212
zato_1one

Masterpiece. OST is one of the best thing in this series.
Old 2011-04-30, 12:00   Link #213
Nagumo
Random Translator

I have begun doing some translation of the Mahou Shoujo Madoka Drama CD

Spoiler for Drama CD translation:
Old 2011-04-30, 12:32   Link #214
Snork
Twilight lander

thank you very much!
Old 2011-04-30, 12:55   Link #215
Nagumo
Random Translator

okay, final portion is translated

Spoiler for Drama CD 1 part 2:
Old 2011-04-30, 13:57   Link #216
ChronoReverse

Awesome, thanks for the translations. Cute Homura is cute
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 07:54   Link #217
kaigan
Segmentation fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
okay, final portion is translated

Spoiler for Drama CD 1 part 2:
thanks dude. i just finished listening the drama cd. and after listening to madoka's character song, i wonder if the song is from homu-chan's perspective as well.
homu said "mata ashita" before parting ways with madoka and seemed to fit in the lyrics 100%
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 13:10   Link #218
Snork
Twilight lander

Erm, do we have to suspect every song of Homura's perspective present? If Mata Ashita is from her perspective, I don't see how it can be called MADOKA's character song in the first place...
Anyway, thanks a lot for the translation! Being able to know everything said in a cd drama is an incredible luxury for me. Actually, that's the first time I read such a translation.
Old 2011-05-02, 13:59   Link #219
Jimmy C

Not only that, but someone took Nagumo's translation and subbed the drama CD already. If you've been torrenting the series, you'll know where to find it...
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 09:19   Link #220
kaigan
Segmentation fault

Quote:
Erm, do we have to suspect every song of Homura's perspective present? If Mata Ashita is from her perspective, I don't see how it can be called MADOKA's character song in the first place...
that's the fun part i don't know if i'll call this series an expert in trolling or misdirection. whatever the case maybe, the staff had pulled out some "pranks" in the expense of the audience in the past. another one will definitely not hurt

now, i'll eagerly await homu-chan's character song. i'm sure it's full of (romantic) love for madoka. but i expect that as unbroadcasted ep 10/11 ed song. mami's, saya's, and kyouko's char songs will be a lot sooner

regarding the drama cd, a couple of folks uploaded already in youtube for those who don't want to use torrent files. maybe someone will make a custom animation as well
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote