AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-23, 13:33   Link #21
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^What do you mean by adapters or Micro SD card for that matter. To my understanding, you need Memory Stick Pro Duo.. There's only two kinds of those, the normal, and Ultra II ones which supposedly are much faster but I don't know if that's true. I haven't ordered mine yet as I'm not really sure which one to buy...

My PSP has 64MB btw, but it's still not enough for even a single game xD. I'm planning to buy a 16GB stick. Speaking of which, and perhaps related to the adapter thing, what do I need to connect it to my computer? Do I need some specific adapter? I currently own micro sd, and normal SD Card adapters.
Old 2011-06-23, 14:10   Link #22
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Just a USB cable will do, it should have a port in the middle of its top section. As for the card...usually Pro Duo cards are pricey even at low capacity (4GB), so it's common to use a much cheaper memory card, but since size differs, there are all kinds of adapters to fit them in (like cameras, for example, but also for PSPs^^). Google something like "micro sd pro duo adapter" and you'll get the gist of it. VM me if you need anything else~
Old 2011-06-23, 15:15   Link #23
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Indeed, my PSP has two 16GB micro SD cards inserted in dual adaptor for a total of 32GB

That's not easy to find (I had to import it) and it's not as fast as an ultra II (and yet still faster than those stupid UMD), but it's damn cool to have all that space and the whole package costed almost as a normal 16GB stick

Old 2011-07-06, 15:02   Link #24
Dist

Well I bought the 16GB 30mbs card, was easier to do so and it has arrived now. I modded the PSP just fine and have tried a few games.

FF Tactics was garbage. I loved Tactics A2 on DSi but this.. ugh. DJMax was.. I love it on the PC, though I can only play 4keys.. But.. well... it was impossible on PSP x.o. I'm playing Brave Story now. Can't say much about it yes as I just started, other than that the voice acting is pretty weak in Japanese. Of course, the English one is even worse but still.

Also a question : Are the Naruto games on PSP dual audio or dubbed? I couldn't find undubs of those so I would think dual-audio but I'm not sure. Some of the PS3 games are dual-audio so..
Old 2011-07-06, 15:22   Link #25
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

RPGs: Jeanne d'Arc if you can still find it somewhere (I had luck with ebay). Star Ocean 1 + 2. The first one had only a fantranslation for the classic SNES/Super Famicon so far. The second was also already avaiable for the Playstation before that, but it might be a bit too clishé for some.
As for Final Fantasy IV: The original IV is basically the same as the Gameboy Advanced version (ie. you can change your party except Cecil at one point near the end + bonus dungeons so that the other members without the original 5 aren't worthless). Then FFIV Complete has an Interlude to play (rather short) + all chapters of "The After Years".
Breath of Fire III: A classic game, but nice nontheless with the master system and dragon genes combination.
KH: Birth by Sleep -> One of my favorites, but I'm also a fanboy of the series. If you like(d) the other parts, this one should be a must-have.
Valkyrie Profile: It has been a "rare gem" for the Playstation for quite ridiulously high prices. So the PSP version might be an attractive option if it suits your taste.
Old 2011-07-15, 11:25   Link #26
Dist

So does no one know what I asked about Naruto?

I've tried some new games but nothing has struck me as awesome yet.. except.. Persona 3. That game is just.. awesome. I love the VN aspect of it, as well as the battles which is not just boring 2D dungeon crawler fights like in PC VN's usually. Even though the game basically consists of just building relationships and grinding in Tartarus, for some reason, I really like this game. I've played it for about 30 hours now (20hr gameplay, 10hr lost due deaths after roaming in Tartaus -.-) and I'm not even half way.

If there's still some games that have not mentioned in this thread, feel free to suggest.. After I complete P3P, I'll probably move onto KH but only if I can find the game from somewhere without going through the ridiculous patching process with dozen different programs.. Why can't no one release a pre-patched version -_-
Old 2011-07-15, 11:43   Link #27
jedinat

Welll....

Who knows but what you might like Riviera: The Promised Land. It's an RPG with sort of restricting mechanics (limited and linear exploration--hard to explain), but it's sort of got a visual novel vibe and it comes built-in with a Japanese voice track option. I rather liked what I played of it. (at least, it's one of the few games I've never deleted, thinking I might get back to it someday... to put things in perspective, keep in mind that I'm pretty sure I've never beaten a PSP game, even though I've played most all of them, lol)

What about PS1 emulation? Policenauts was translated a while ago, and I'm going to probably play it sometime in the near future (I started it a while back but it needs pops 3.72 if I remember correctly, so it crashed at some point... recent advancements in PSP "technology" has now made pops 3.72 available to me again)

Last edited by jedinat; 2011-07-15 at 15:01.
Old 2011-07-15, 12:12   Link #28
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Riviera is a weird game...if you don't think much about it, the experience can be very fun, but if you plan on getting 100% you'll have to finish the game 5-6 times for all endings and to follow all the different routes for items. The real bother is the extremely limited inventory (15 items I think, your weapons included). Can still be lots of fun though...
Speaking of Riviera, I remembered the Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone game for the PSP, it's another transferred GBA title with a few tweaks that also involves tough decisions (i.e. taking an ally usually includes making an enemy of the potential ally you didn't choose, lots of missables, etc.), tactical fighting style using cards and morale. Infinitely long, insane final fight.
About the Naruto games, iirc they got dual audio.
Old 2011-07-15, 14:51   Link #29
Dist

I tried the Yggra game already earlier but the lack of tutorial left me confused as to how am I even supposed to fight in the game. Not really interested in card battles anyway, so I deleted it off my stick. Too bad, that art was pretty nice.
Old 2011-07-15, 15:03   Link #30
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Riviera is a weird game...if you don't think much about it, the experience can be very fun, but if you plan on getting 100% you'll have to finish the game 5-6 times for all endings and to follow all the different routes for items. The real bother is the extremely limited inventory (15 items I think, your weapons included). Can still be lots of fun though...
Speaking of Riviera, I remembered the Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone game for the PSP, it's another transferred GBA title with a few tweaks that also involves tough decisions (i.e. taking an ally usually includes making an enemy of the potential ally you didn't choose, lots of missables, etc.), tactical fighting style using cards and morale. Infinitely long, insane final fight.
About the Naruto games, iirc they got dual audio.
yggdra union GBA version was better
the difficulty level was insane

for PSP we got the prequel : blaze union

and gloria union too
still dont know its connection woth yggdra though

another recommendation :
shining hearts
zero no kiseki
ao no kiseki

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
Old 2011-07-15, 15:13   Link #31
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
Be Warned though, that some PSP games that have been suggested here, are not available in Europe.

For one, Jeanne D'arc (Which is one of the best strategy games I've got) is not available in Europe

Another great game Brave Story, is not available in Europe either.

Dist, when you get back on Friday, send me a message and I'll post up a list of great games you could play! (And available in Europe, as I live there as well)
PSPs are region-free, so as long as you can afford to import the games, the region makes absolutely no difference at all.

I bought a PSP myself a couple of months ago, but most of the stuff I've played is 1) Japanese-only. 2) Not that memorable.
Old 2011-07-15, 15:49   Link #32
jcdietz03

Half Minute Hero: I "third" the motion. Available in English or Japanese.

I'd rather not dilute how great a game it is with other good games.
Old 2011-07-16, 05:05   Link #33
Ellie97

I totally second kingdom hearts, I got the gameboy version of "chain of memories" years ago and if thought thought that was brilliant, the psp version is legendary
Old 2011-07-16, 19:08   Link #34
amasposu

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - If you like Final Fantasy VII or action games.
Initial D: Street Stage - If you like Initial D or driving games.
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva - If you like Hatsune Miku or rhythm games.
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - If you like Kingdom Hearts or action rpgs.
Me & My Katamari - If you like Katamari.
Old 2011-07-19, 14:13   Link #35
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Just remembered Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony. Fast-paced hack and slash with three classes, each having two sidekicks and six job options (two for first job advancement, four for second). Difficulty and learning curves are player-friendly, there's 0 actual grinding involved since quests and dungeons will offer all the XP and items you need, and it is a lot of fun to play the same class in different ways, so it has fair replayability value. Can be played co-op with 2 players.
Old 2011-07-22, 17:32   Link #36
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
So does no one know what I asked about Naruto?

I've tried some new games but nothing has struck me as awesome yet.. except.. Persona 3. That game is just.. awesome. I love the VN aspect of it, as well as the battles which is not just boring 2D dungeon crawler fights like in PC VN's usually. Even though the game basically consists of just building relationships and grinding in Tartarus, for some reason, I really like this game. I've played it for about 30 hours now (20hr gameplay, 10hr lost due deaths after roaming in Tartaus -.-) and I'm not even half way.

If there's still some games that have not mentioned in this thread, feel free to suggest.. After I complete P3P, I'll probably move onto KH but only if I can find the game from somewhere without going through the ridiculous patching process with dozen different programs.. Why can't no one release a pre-patched version -_-
Aha!
I knew you'd like it!

Everybody likes Persona 3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
PSPs are region-free, so as long as you can afford to import the games, the region makes absolutely no difference at all.

I bought a PSP myself a couple of months ago, but most of the stuff I've played is 1) Japanese-only. 2) Not that memorable.
I was talking about the games being purchasable in stores locally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Just remembered Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony. Fast-paced hack and slash with three classes, each having two sidekicks and six job options (two for first job advancement, four for second). Difficulty and learning curves are player-friendly, there's 0 actual grinding involved since quests and dungeons will offer all the XP and items you need, and it is a lot of fun to play the same class in different ways, so it has fair replayability value. Can be played co-op with 2 players.

I grinded the shit out of Dungeon Siege, after you unlock ultra-hard mode, you seriously need good gear.
Old 2011-07-25, 08:17   Link #37
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Amagami

Memories of

Both are excellent VN...
Old 2011-07-25, 09:36   Link #38
Dist

^Are they translated tho? I like VN's so if they are, I will check them out (Unless they're for all-ages, I need some 18+ content in my VN's
Old 2011-07-25, 12:16   Link #39
NervZero
RAWR!!!

Send a message via AIM to NervZero
Final Fantasy Tactics

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2011-07-25, 12:37   Link #40
Reikokuna

Saigo no Yakusoku no Monogatari
A really good game with some romance elements. But I suggest you should watch the trailer first, if you're really interested in it. Overall it's just like Kingdom Hearts mixed with Fire Emblem xD