AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-10, 20:05   Link #1601
rulfo

Wow this episode pleases me so much with all the focus on Misato and Mio. I laughed hard at the coffee vending machine.

2 episodes left.... I'm really gonna miss this show.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 23:21   Link #1602
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Oh god, you guys need to see this:

Old 2011-09-10, 23:32   Link #1603
Midonin
Last Engage

This week begins with Yuuko walking in the shadows. That shall be my thesis for tonight.
Lies and hidden secrets, walking in the shadow of the truth. While Nanohara has some pretty interesting implications for fanfic (and proves Yuuko is quite the storyteller), that's not the best place to apply those storytelling talents.

Nakamura and Sasahara were literally walking in the shadows, on that overcast day. Being mistaken for a thief is human error. The vending machine messing up is machine error. But Sasahara's speeches, eclipsing even mine, made it all worthwhile.

Misato is, of course, in the shadows about her love, and Yoshino's shogi tile (which may in fact mean nothing) only serves to prolong the future. Maybe if she read Helvetica Standard and turned her love into a money making game. Or did a cold attack.

But not that kind of cold attack. Sakamoto rested in the shadow of sickness, and the Professor once again tried a ploy for sweets. I think school life has made Nano more resilient to her tactics. Anyone who can put up with the schoolgirl trio must have a will of steel or be fully acclimated to this universe.

Mio aspires to become a mangaka.
Seize that dream! Addis Ababa!
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 00:33   Link #1604
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

At this stage, I still have no idea what the end-game for Nichijou is. But from this episode, it seems like they're setting up Nakamura to try something on Nano next week. My wish is that the series will end with a bang rather than a whimper.

An episode mostly about Sasahara and his little love triangle, though Sasahara himself doesn't actually have much screen time at all. Wonder if they'll attempt to resolve this in the next two episodes as well.

Seems like Misato also open fire on her sister. I like how her attacks drains the color from the victim, but other than that there's really no physical damage.

Oh, and I enjoyed the love-love sequence between Sasahara and Nano...even if the whole thing's imaginary. It looked like it could be one of Mio's manga, if we replace Nano with another guy.
       /
      / \|
    /

Last edited by winhlp32; 2011-09-11 at 01:14.
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 01:19   Link #1605
Peanutbutter

Interesting hint here:

Spoiler:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 01:21   Link #1606
Sides

This week's Helvetica Standard wasn't too bad ^^.
It is only two episodes left? Pretty sure it goes out with a big bang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Oh, and I enjoyed the love-love sequence between Sasahara and Nano...even if the whole thing's imaginary. It looked like it could be one of Mio's manga, if we replace Nano with another guy.
Wasn't that the whole point?
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 07:45   Link #1607
Forsaken_Infinity

Oh damn man. I am going to kill myself when this series ends or something. No meaning to life without it ._.

Forgetting the fact that its about to end, I absolutely loved this episode of Nichijou as well.

Sasahara, as way out there of a man as he appears to be, is indeed way out there and I can see why "normal" girls would be interested in him so much - that is, of course, if we can accept that Misato and Mio are rather "normal" compared to the rest of the cast; their personal quirks of drawing fabulous yaoi and producing guns that discolor people aside. Tachibana Junior apparently agrees with my sentiment there. Heavens, or at least the Vending Machines of fate, don't seem to favor him but his speech is impressive enough that not even a vending machine can remain completely impervious. Nothing to show for it but Mio believes she has gotten closer to some impervious heart during the fiasco at least.

Cold attacks are indeed like love and while a million yen might sound too much to pay to reveal a petty secret - the expression on your friend's face is arguably priceless so it's totally worth it.

A knight he may or not be, at least Sasahara features prominently enough in the silent fury of Mio's imagination for him to be a beautiful anpan prince. We also have a miracle moron who can insert a shy robot into the plot as yakisoba-hime. It's good that the two friends can flip each others' switch if only for the pleasure of those who watch from a world afar. I suppose Nakamura sensei fits the description of a whale eating teacher quite well - or at least a fearless neko hunter. The kitty she longs for, however, was out cold suffering under an even more unsympathetic scientist She may never get the chance to figure out the secrets of the prodigy's masterpiece but boy does the world look interesting from the perspective of those binoculars.

Ethiopian Capital may not quite be an off-color Garden of Eden - for I do know someone from there personally and she is quite colorful - but Mio is quite skilled at hooking a colorful one whether she likes it or not At least the material she gets fed in should provide her a relentless supply of material to draw as she wishes for her future

I have been quite shy the past year but I miss Mai's presence so ._.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 09:48   Link #1608
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Quite a decent episode, with Sasahara taking more screen time and being the topic for a few discussions.

We should learn from him, to always have a positive look on things.

The last sketch of Mio and her sister was simple yet sweet though.

Nakamura looking for a cat? Can it be Sakamoto? since he was originally 'lost' at the start of the series.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 11:22   Link #1609
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Oh god, you guys need to see this:
Please don't ever put mlp in this thread. You have made it unclean. please delete that.

And yeah, I happened to enjoy the Helvetica Standard this mot this week. Just so random.

And I think it's pretty obvious Sakamoto is Nakamura's cat. I just hope they meet again before the series is over.
Old 2011-09-11, 13:25   Link #1610
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

^No love for the Bronies ehh?
Old 2011-09-11, 13:50   Link #1611
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Good episode Mio's imagination about Sasahara and Nano is funny and yea it seems like Sakamoto is Nakamura's cat. Yay at Happosai doing the previews.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
Please don't ever put mlp in this thread. You have made it unclean. please delete that.

And yeah, I happened to enjoy the Helvetica Standard this mot this week. Just so random.

And I think it's pretty obvious Sakamoto is Nakamura's cat. I just hope they meet again before the series is over.
Don't be rude that person just wanted to show a parody

Last edited by Ichuki; 2011-09-11 at 14:00.
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 16:18   Link #1612
inisipis

Episode 24 is probably one of the best of the series' episodes. It had the right amount of humor(and they're really funny) with a right balance of emotional sentiment that characters go tru in something that remarkably resembles a real story plot.

The said story revolves on the show's indomitable yet clueless Sasahara and the two young ladies who loves him. Both unwilling to express their feelings for him and both unaware of the other person's existence. Now, considering that the two girls in question are the school's most violent students, that may be a good thing. World War 3 is on hold for now. Instead we get a glimpse of a parallel day in the life of the two as they struggle with their burgeoning romantic feelings for the same guy. It all sounds like a typical mushy teen romance, but this is Nichijou and all of this is done in true Nichijou fashion, with boatloads of silly comedy.

Yukko is really quite living dangerously when she goes about antagonizing Mio with her story of Nano and Sasahara. Talk about swimming with sharks. Didn't she learn from past episodes that Mio is quite crazy. I was laughing out loud with Mio's visualization a'la Shoujo romance manga. And that Nano being confused with the question about Yakisoba is justifiably.

I find the ironey with Mio's triumph with able to talk to Sasahara expressed as like the iconic raising of the flag on Mt. Suribachi rather amusing. All in all, nothing seems to faze Sasahara, nothing. Will he be forever the unreachable muse to Mio's Manga-ka career?

The Tachibana sisters serves as an insight on the Sasahara and who along with Mio's sister shows the connection with Mio. I was suprised that Misato was able to use her cosmic firearms on her sister. I thought that it only works on Sasahara (not that thay have any effect at all).

The bit with Nakamura sensei is an extra bonus. We got to know how Nano was able to put her shirt over her key and that she can do the high jump better than Mio regardless of her handicap.

It seems my guess that Sakamoto is originally from Nakamura is correct. It's amazing that Nakamura sensei came out of that "leap of faith" unscathed.

Last edited by inisipis; 2011-09-11 at 19:01.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 18:37   Link #1613
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by inisipis View Post
Episode 24 is probably one of best the series' episodes.
I agree. It's probably my favorite episode, at least as far as I can remember. No padding and not a single scene I didn't love.

"I think I might be a little too young for onions."

Nice try, Hakase.
Old 2011-09-11, 19:09   Link #1614
inisipis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post

"I think I might be a little too young for onions."

Nice try, Hakase.

And this time it's the professor who bounce/flipped like a cartoon. Nano is sure getting wiser to the professors silliness.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 19:29   Link #1615
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
@TnAdct1- thx for sharing I have am a pony collector and have been for 15 years now that was great XD.

I always found the opening sounded like something from Hyadain's suff he makes...
(don't know who I mean click here)
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 02:20   Link #1616
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Rather good episode.
I did recognize the narrator at the end this time: Ichirō Nagai who is 80 years old.
Voiced both Dr. Sakezo Sado and Chief Hikozaemon Tokugawain Space Battleship Yamato. Also the Japanese dub voice of Yoda.
Old 2011-09-12, 09:05   Link #1617
Rungelunge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Rather good episode.
I did recognize the narrator at the end this time: Ichirō Nagai who is 80 years old.
Voiced both Dr. Sakezo Sado and Chief Hikozaemon Tokugawain Space Battleship Yamato. Also the Japanese dub voice of Yoda.
Is also Happosai, I recognized his voice in an instant.
Rungelunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 09:40   Link #1618
rulfo

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-3921.html

According to this blog. Nichijou will be airing at Tokyo MX at a prime time slot(7 pm). They seem to be shelling out so much cash here.

I wonder how much of an impact will this move make. Whether negative or positive. Very skeptical this'll do anything to turn it the other way around.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 11:10   Link #1619
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
I assume you mean replaying the whole series?
Old 2011-09-12, 11:31   Link #1620
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Mayeb they are trying to find their market, since it hasn't sold well with the late night crowd (yet it gets plenty of internet views),

Tags
comedy, shounen, slice of life