Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-04-12, 00:45   Link #3141
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
So Thor "lost" Freya, but gained a bunch of hottie Valkyries.
Freya > hottie valkyries

Quality versus quantity people!

(Ok... that's another debate entirely, but my point still stands about Freya. )
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 00:01   Link #3142
NoLongerSane

There is a scan out for 380.
Spoiler for 380:
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 02:45   Link #3143
ReddyRedWolf

Shigure look like a child who made a mistake when Kenichi was scolded. If Miu's love intution is accurate Shigure likes Kenichi but Miu couldn't believe it.

That said her being amused by other's love triangles is out of place as her own predicament with Kenichi is more precarious as several girls are vying for him. Including his weapon master.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 02:47   Link #3144
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Shigure look like a child who made a mistake when Kenichi was scolded. If Miu's love intution is accurate Shigure likes Kenichi but Miu couldn't believe it.

That said her being amused by other's love triangles is out of place as her own predicament with Kenichi is more precarious as several girls are vying for him. Including his weapon master.
yeah and too bad her intuition seems to be lacking concerning Kenichi's feelings for her
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 03:01   Link #3145
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
yeah and too bad her intuition seems to be lacking concerning Kenichi's feelings for her
Her intuition works only on girls though.
Old 2010-04-13, 05:04   Link #3146
Lummie

The Elder sure knows how to raise the kids up....*sigh* His son became the leader of Yami and his granddaughter a fight machine. He really should learn a thing or two from Kenichi's father because in times like these you shouldn't use house arrest as punishment. Instead, you should depend on Sebastian and Maximilian in order to raise the kids up
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 06:08   Link #3147
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Chap 380 :

Very great chapter .
Kenichi was scolded but in fact the masters were proud of him .
"What ! are those tears of joy Sakaki-don" XD
Anyway , Kenichi shed tears too and that was great . See , the interaction Master/Disciple .

Lol hilarious part with Miu "Say Hello to Ukita-san for us <3" "Love Triangle" ^^

That's it : Ukita x Kisara x Freya , no Thor . Thor x Valkyires

No chapter next week but there'll be a colour page spread and a side story in the joint issue 22-23 of shonen sunday !

Wonder what will the Side story be .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 09:45   Link #3148
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
The Elder sure knows how to raise the kids up....*sigh* His son became the leader of Yami and his granddaughter a fight machine. He really should learn a thing or two from Kenichi's father because in times like these you shouldn't use house arrest as punishment. Instead, you should depend on Sebastian and Maximilian in order to raise the kids up
Kenichi's father is like Golgo 13 who mellowed and settled down instead killing for a living and leaving prostitutes wanting for more.

May mercy fall on Tanimoto's soul if he ever touches his daughter.
Old 2010-04-13, 10:01   Link #3149
Bombo
TSF Fans

lol miu and freya part
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 10:02   Link #3150
Tri-ring

Still Tanimoto is better off when compared to Kenichi.
I believe the elder was dead serious when he said "You'll have to take me down first if you want to go steady with Miu." to Kenichi.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 10:11   Link #3151
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Kenichi x Miu x Takeda x Renka
You left out Shigure, Izumi, and Raichi.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 10:20   Link #3152
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
You left out Shigure, Izumi, and Raichi.
Lol, you forgot to add Rachel and Chikage to that equation too.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 10:25   Link #3153
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Not sure about Rachel, I think she's too much of an attention whore to want just one guy. But yeah definitely Chikage XD
Old 2010-04-13, 10:41   Link #3154
janipani

About Miu or Kenichi being stronger. I doubt Kenichi will be able to win Miu on spar before Kenichi is far better than Miu. I wonder if Miu is on expert class and how far in that?

But biggest difference between them is, that Miu was grown in to the world of martial arts and has far better sense of things than Kenichi has. She is much more confident and her style is perfected while Kenichi is has variety styles and techniques which are still imperfect but slowly bending into something special.

I would say that Miu is better at calculating her situation and her techniques are far above any of Kenichi's however Kenichi might still be stronger than her but because he is clumsy with his imperfected skill arsenal he stays below Miu in daily basis of spar.

Same said, while Kenichi is protecting others and especially Miu, he usually manages to perform little bit better than usual and at those moments he is probably better than Miu. But he's not very reliable yet. But when he will perfect his skills he will be able to protect Miu for sure.. and wasn't that his primary goal after all

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 11:02   Link #3155
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Lol @ Danki-sensei!

He is one of my favorite characters already!
Old 2010-04-13, 12:03   Link #3156
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
About Miu or Kenichi being stronger. I doubt Kenichi will be able to win Miu on spar before Kenichi is far better than Miu. I wonder if Miu is on expert class and how far in that?

But biggest difference between them is, that Miu was grown in to the world of martial arts and has far better sense of things than Kenichi has. She is much more confident and her style is perfected while Kenichi is has variety styles and techniques which are still imperfect but slowly bending into something special.

I would say that Miu is better at calculating her situation and her techniques are far above any of Kenichi's however Kenichi might still be stronger than her but because he is clumsy with his imperfected skill arsenal he stays below Miu in daily basis of spar.

Same said, while Kenichi is protecting others and especially Miu, he usually manages to perform little bit better than usual and at those moments he is probably better than Miu. But he's not very reliable yet. But when he will perfect his skills he will be able to protect Miu for sure.. and wasn't that his primary goal after all
No, he can never beat her is because she's Miu and he'll never hurt her, and he's too busy thinking about her boobs or wondering if she likes him or not.
Old 2010-04-13, 12:22   Link #3157
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
they're only making it sound like a punishment because they feel they shouldn't praise him. They're actually giving him a little vacation from training and fighting to let him rest a while.
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 12:34   Link #3158
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post

I agree with your assessment. Besides the gap between the two in terms of skill, one can't simply rule out the value of experience. Wisdom is something that cannot simply be learned, and in any fight, that's a very valuable thing.

For Kenichi, it has taken him some time to overcome his fears, and after going through major battles of his own, he's now at a point where he's even more confident and willing to risk a fight with a master if it means helping out his friends. This is indeed a moment of celebration for his masters.

I think Miu is 'taking it easy' and hasn't gotten into the same dire situations as Kenichi—at least not as often—so we cannot really tell how far she's willing to go in a fight. We see her mostly sparring with Kenichi and taking down goons here and there, which really aren't indicators of anything. I would like to see her go berserk again, and perhaps we'll be able to see just how powerful she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Kenichi's father is like Golgo 13 who mellowed and settled down instead killing for a living and leaving prostitutes wanting for more.
Oh man, I can't believe I didn't see the resemblance before! The wife has tamed him! Poor Sebastian and Maximilian hasn't gotten any use.
Old 2010-04-13, 12:37   Link #3159
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I liked this chapter. Couldn't figure out why the Masters decided to punish him for putting his life on the line for his friends when it seems like something they do every day. Nice to see that they really were proud of him and they were just keeping with their "no praise until you die" dogma. I also loved Shigure's affectionate look at the end. I'd be all for a Kenichi x Shigure ending. I like her more than Miu.
Old 2010-04-13, 12:43   Link #3160
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I liked this chapter. Couldn't figure out why the Masters decided to punish him for putting his life on the line for his friends when it seems like something they do every day. Nice to see that they really were proud of him and they were just keeping with their "no praise until you die" dogma.
They figured that praising him for making such a risky decision would get to his head. As masters, they wanted to make sure that he learns in a pace that they deem as necessary.

Still, they can't help but feel proud of what he's done, laying down his life in order to help his friends against a master.

Tags
shounen