AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-04, 02:44   Link #141
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Alstreim View Post
Sorry,I did't notice that. If this doesn't work, how about Clare's skill? She waves her sword faster than anyone. Maybe this can cut ZCAs into pieces? Remember about Ricardo?
I think our seven ghosts could take out the eleven ZACS. The ZACS are very similar to Miata, in that they have no strategic capabilities when fight and only rely on instincts. Agatha beat a probably superior Miata, because she had strategy. The ghost can play chess; the ZACS can't and are predictable. Also, they probably specifically evolve to exploit the weaknesses of their prey. ZACS that are good against Isley, might not stand a chance against Riful and all her Ribbons; on the other hand, ZACS that would've been designed to kill Riful, could be weak against Isley. These ZACS are so dumb, that you could make them follow you over a rope bridge, which goes over a pool of acid or magma, and then cut the ropes at both ends. They might jump and then again they might not, as long as they feel their heads are safe. I don't think the org would have much problems disposing of the ZACS once they kill Isley. That is unless they gain intelligence.
Old 2009-02-04, 02:51   Link #142
Vinak
Procrastinator

self awareness really seems to be a bad thing for evil zombies and robots alike.
Old 2009-02-04, 02:57   Link #143
Lynn Alstreim
坐等奇迹waiting for miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
I think our seven ghosts could take out the eleven ZACS. The ZACS are very similar to Miata, in that they have no strategic capabilities when fight and only rely on instincts. Agatha beat a probably superior Miata, because she had strategy. The ghost can play chess; the ZACS can't and are predictable. Also, they probably specifically evolve to exploit the weaknesses of their prey. ZACS that are good against Isley, might not stand a chance against Riful and all her Ribbons; on the other hand, ZACS that would've been designed to kill Riful, could be weak against Isley. These ZACS are so dumb, that you could make them follow you over a rope bridge, which goes over a pool of acid or magma, and then cut the ropes at both ends. They might jump and then again they might not, as long as they feel their heads are safe. I don't think the org would have much problems disposing of the ZACS once they kill Isley. That is unless they gain intelligence.
That's why I like Miria. She has a brilliant head. Maybe claymore will have a good ending.
However, if awaken beings can be uesd to make claymores, then how about using Isely's body?
This can develop a creature which is stronger than ever and use them to kill the 7ghosts, Isely as well as Riful
Old 2009-02-04, 03:06   Link #144
Lynn Alstreim
坐等奇迹waiting for miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Blah the manga needs to start killing off Claymores again! Fighting tough awakened beings and killing off beloved Claymores. Get back to its roots!
OK, at least at present Deneve can save Helen in this way.
Maybe Deneve and Helen will die a day or two, but now is another thing.
Old 2009-02-04, 03:09   Link #145
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
The problem with using awakened being flesh is that whatever it creates only has a single target and then becomes useless. A Controlled Awakened being is still the most effective thing against a DoD. Now for those of you who want the org to do the same mistake that Riful is about to do, but with the ZACS. Well, what if ZACS like Claymore can awaken, but it isn't as likely to happen? Probably won't happen in this manga, since we need to get rid of some power players.
Old 2009-02-04, 03:31   Link #146
Lynn Alstreim
坐等奇迹waiting for miracles

Talking

Quote:
The problem with using awakened being flesh is that whatever it creates only has a single target and then becomes useless. A Controlled Awakened being is still the most effective thing against a DoD. Now for those of you who want the org to do the same mistake that Riful is about to do, but with the ZACS. Well, what if ZACS like Claymore can awaken, but it isn't as likely to happen? Probably won't happen in this manga, since we need to get rid of some power players.
Alicia and Beth is a successful work? Alicia can be controlled. But if we beat Beth, Alicia will soon awake and can not be controlled by the alliance.Maybe she will become a new DoD?
So controllede awaken beings are still far from real.
Old 2009-02-04, 03:42   Link #147
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

I'm speculating that Tabitha may have detected Helen and Deneve's youki release along with Isley's transformation.

Miria rescuing Isley come next chapter wouldn't be bad at all. Isn't it also about time that the ghosts regroup?

Just hopeful to see Miria next month.
Old 2009-02-04, 03:56   Link #148
Lynn Alstreim
坐等奇迹waiting for miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droplet View Post
I'm speculating that Tabitha may have detected Helen and Deneve's youki release along with Isley's transformation.

Miria rescuing Isley come next chapter wouldn't be bad at all. Isn't it also about time that the ghosts regroup?

Just hopeful to see Miria next month.
I do,too.
However, will Miria save Isely? Isely is the main reason why 17people died 7 years ago. You see Deneve's anger when seeing Isely.
Although it's impossilbe, I do hope Miria will come next chapter . Maybe have a talk with Isely and find he is not a bad guy. Then Isely and Miria can form a team?
Old 2009-02-04, 04:09   Link #149
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Alstreim View Post
Alicia and Beth is a successful work? Alicia can be controlled. But if we beat Beth, Alicia will soon awake and can not be controlled by the alliance.Maybe she will become a new DoD?
So controllede awaken beings are still far from real.
DoD = Descendants of Dragons, which are the monsters the Org is fighting on the mainland, and the reasons why the org started creating Awakened Being. I'm just went over that because you said Alicia might become a DoD, which she can't, and I am assuming you guys use another word to describe DoDs.

But anyway, No, I don't think Alicia and Beth are a success. I think the org has layed all their eggs in one Basket, because of arrogance, and may pay for it. I see Raciella, what us Claymore fans on this site have dubbed the monster that is Luciela and Rafaela combined, kill Alicia because of the many parallels between the two, and the fact that Rafaela and Luciela are supposed to be a failed version of Alicia and Beth. What the org really wants is Clare, when it comes to controlled awakened beings. Rubel seems to think that the Half Awakends are more dangerous to his side than the direction the org is going with Alicia and Beth. Rubel doesn't know that Clare is as far along as she is in that she can partially awaken. Shoot that reminds me: I wanted to see Deneve partially awaken; I always thought that she would be the second Claymore to do it, since she is always crossing that dangerous line with forced awakenings to heal herself.
Old 2009-02-04, 04:12   Link #150
Ryuken
Claymore #01

The earlier chapter finished when Helen and Deneve started to release their yoki and were about to encounter Isley. But it seems that was what the ZACS sensed. But when they arrived both Helen and Deneve had stopped releasing their yoki. Something wrong there I guess.
Old 2009-02-04, 04:24   Link #151
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

IMO, Helen only lost her arm because she wasn't aware yet of how the ZACS behave.

Re: Ryuken - I think the ZACS can't sense Yoki, Diet explains on p. 27 "They have been modified so that they release no youki, but at the price of being able to sense yoki themselves". If I'm reading this right, it means that the org sacrificed the ZACS' yoki sensing for yoki-less stealth.
Old 2009-02-04, 04:30   Link #152
Lynn Alstreim
坐等奇迹waiting for miracles

Quote:
DoD = Descendants of Dragons, which are the monsters the Org is fighting on the mainland, and the reasons why the org started creating Awakened Being. I'm just went over that because you said Alicia might become a DoD, which she can't, and I am assuming you guys use another word to describe DoDs.

But anyway, No, I don't think Alicia and Beth are a success. I think the org has layed all their eggs in one Basket, because of arrogance, and may pay for it. I see Raciella, what us Claymore fans on this site have dubbed the monster that is Luciela and Rafaela combined, kill Alicia because of the many parallels between the two, and the fact that Rafaela and Luciela are supposed to be a failed version of Alicia and Beth. What the org really wants is Clare, when it comes to controlled awakened beings. Rubel seems to think that the Half Awakends are more dangerous to his side than the direction the org is going with Alicia and Beth. Rubel doesn't know that Clare is as far along as she is in that she can partially awaken. Shoot that reminds me: I wanted to see Deneve partially awaken; I always thought that she would be the second Claymore to do it, since she is always crossing that dangerous line with forced awakenings to heal herself.
Terribly sorry. Since this is the first time I come here, I did't know that DOD stands for Descendants of Dragons. Also, my English is not good enough to guess this out.What I mean is that if Alicia lose control, she will become someone like Isely and Riful. So what do you call these people like Isely or Riful? I wrongly thought you call them DODSo I've made a mistake

As for Deneve,I think partly awaken is not for everyone.Clare is main character. But Deneve's not.It's just a joke. Then how about Miria?She lived through many things and she's stronger than Clare. What's more, partly awaken is a very dangerous thing. Jean sacrificed her life to make Clare back to human. If Deneve partly awaken,who will save her?Then I do think when it comes to partly awaken again, that'll be the end of the story.As someone said,this story is to kill the beloved claymores.I really hope they can get away from partly awaken.That can save lives,anyway.
Old 2009-02-04, 04:45   Link #153
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Man these ZACS are like hound dogs. The Silver King looks composed, but I don't think he really is in the inside. How to deal with these sexy ladies will definitely be on the back of his mind.
Old 2009-02-04, 05:00   Link #154
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

Quote:
If you pay attention to how Helen lost her arm, it is because she went after the head in close range -- note where the blade comes out of the ZACS. So going after their head in close range combat is very risky business.
So even if Isley transforms his arm into a sledgehammer and attempts to crush the head, the AE can still defend itself. Isley is fast, Isley is strong, Isley is big, Isley is an AO and if Isley doesn't have the power to crush the head of an AE that he pinned, AEs are practically immortal.

Quote:
Wasn't it said that you need a piece of the creature you want the ZACS to hunt to complete the process? Didn't they get some flesh from Isley from his fight with Luciela? That means that you have to combat a DOD for him to lose a piece of his body, and only then can you create ZACS. That is very, very inefficient. It is better to use a male claymore against a DoD.
So the org's side failed to kill or even cut off a piece of any DOD until now? Because once you have a piece of flesh, you can create lots of AEs who will hunt down DODs. And IMO the AE strategy is the best strategy they have in hand.
Old 2009-02-04, 05:40   Link #155
Kerubin

my thoughts on the chapter, why Miata is one of the AE.

http://kerubinist.blogspot.com/2009/02/claymore-88.html
Old 2009-02-04, 06:01   Link #156
itisjustme

The thing I don't understand is, why make a show of letting the ghost duo release their yoki in the preceding chapter? And there I thought, if they fought that well without any yoki they'll be on another level with, then bam, next chapter they get smacked around by zombie exhibitionists, what a letdown. =P
Old 2009-02-04, 06:57   Link #157
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
The thing I don't understand is, why make a show of letting the ghost duo release their yoki in the preceding chapter? And there I thought, if they fought that well without any yoki they'll be on another level with, then bam, next chapter they get smacked around by zombie exhibitionists, what a letdown. =P
Yeah, I thought the same when I started reading Chapter 88. What I believe is that Yagi had another plans to develop the fight, maybe a few pages with Helen & Deneve vs. Isley, then the zombies' attack and Dietrich's ninja move. But somehow, he decided to speed up things a little, a decission I really approve.

About Isley's fate, I'm sorry for his fans but looks clear that he's not gonna last long. At least I expect he can kill every 'abyssal feeders' before falling himself due to deep wounds.

And welcome to One-eyed Helen!
Old 2009-02-04, 07:19   Link #158
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Kerubin: I read your commentary. Cool. :]

Well, it would make sense if Miata was a special case. So, I agree with your points. (1. Miata's super smell. 2. Miata's super regeneration. 3. Freakish strength.) If that's true, then I guess she is "Miata - the ZACS that was not".
Old 2009-02-04, 07:26   Link #159
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

I'm speculating that Riful knows about the ZACS. That's why she wants to awaken the Raffy-Lucy thingie.
Old 2009-02-04, 07:35   Link #160
FateAnomaly

I think Isley should just focus on killing one and then run away. Just keep repeating. They are only that powerful as a group.

Somehow i think he is trying to be cool or something when he is fighting those things. He is not even moving.
Closed Thread