AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-06-20, 12:58   Link #21
Ayame_
Ever Bright, Ever Blue
*Graphic Designer

Here is a few sigs ive done recently, havent posted here in quite a while, so might as well update the good ol'thread

Ayame_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 16:09   Link #22
Epsilon
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Epsilon
Those are cool ^^.

The colours of the BG really suit the render alot
The second is a bit bright IMO

Keep up the great work ^^
Old 2007-06-22, 21:45   Link #23
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
loving the effects...
darkjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 19:22   Link #24
Ayame_
Ever Bright, Ever Blue
*Graphic Designer

thank you,

i did one more, i just messed with a gradient map on the 2nd one, i like the first one more,

Old 2007-06-30, 14:22   Link #25
Ayame_
Ever Bright, Ever Blue
*Graphic Designer

i made two more, or again really one more, i just couldnt decide what i liked with the gradient map, so i just put both of them. i like these both, but they may be a bit bright

Old 2007-06-30, 14:30   Link #26
WINGZERO619
Hail pork!
*Graphic Designer

Gradient map is a bit tricky to play with. Even now, I have trouble with it... but I'll eventually nail it. As for your newest work, the reddish one looks more appealing. Although it's a bit monotone, for some reason, it's a bit cleaner than the dual color version. Keep experimenting with it and change out layer modes... you never know, you might pull something better out of your hat.
Old 2007-06-30, 14:49   Link #27
Ayame_
Ever Bright, Ever Blue
*Graphic Designer

thanks, i watched one of your vid tutorials on c4d as i couldnt quite grasp it, these two are better than previous tries, but there still is room for improvement, ill definitly try a few things, but im heading in the direction i want to, thanks for the advice, it is always appreciated.
Old 2007-06-30, 15:10   Link #28
WINGZERO619
Hail pork!
*Graphic Designer

If you have problems grasping the tutorial or have any questions, by all means, let me know. I try to make these vid tuts as painless as can be. I'm currently working on launching external flash vids so if you don't want to download them, you can stream them like youtube. So far I have the Gothic Neko video 1 up. I'm working on the kawaii video right now and converting a the Minawa vid in flash at the moment. These should be up some time today or tomorrow. But like I said, I have an open door policy to help you guys out with my material. Let me know what's up.
Old 2007-06-30, 15:18   Link #29
Ayame_
Ever Bright, Ever Blue
*Graphic Designer

your video was very well done, very easy to follow. wasnt at all an inconvenience to download. Pat yourself on the back those tutorials are very helpful, ill make sure to bookmark your site to check out any updated material.
EDIT: i made the sig a bit darker and switched up a few blending options, this one may be better
Old 2007-06-30, 16:27   Link #30
Ayame_
Ever Bright, Ever Blue
*Graphic Designer

heres one i did recently, same style as before, im goning to fly this as my sig and avatar for a while, Mayumi needs to be retired for a bit(till i find better pics, then she shall return!)
Old 2007-07-02, 11:41   Link #31
Ayame_
Ever Bright, Ever Blue
*Graphic Designer

nvm i screwed up with the post.
Old 2007-07-02, 11:45   Link #32
Ayame_
Ever Bright, Ever Blue
*Graphic Designer

here are 3 more i did yesterday, two were requests on different boards, and the otehr was just me fiddling around. i love soal, and i have a few more sigs planned out for that series, but i think these 3 are pretty good, but if any of you spot something for me to work on, make sure to tell me

Old 2007-07-02, 19:40   Link #33
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

great sigs here =] ns bg's and the feel is great

I like this one

Somehow that girl looks a little like Matsuri (your current sig in comparison)

Anyways good job, and gl on future works =]
Old 2007-07-03, 20:41   Link #34
Ayame_
Ever Bright, Ever Blue
*Graphic Designer

well, it looks a bit like her cause it is her, it is her in a maids uniform. and she is looking pretty good there to. the cut out job was a beast but it was worth it.

in the meantime, i love sola, and i love Matsuri, she is so cool, and because the whole series has the sky thing going on, its really easy to find a good background for any picture. i did this one almost like the last one, i used a morning sky, as she is dressed in pink, and a night sky just doesnt suit her that well, i think this one looks good, i might just have to fly it as my sig, but iam partial to my purple one.
Old 2007-07-03, 21:04   Link #35
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I'm trying to critique them without my adoration for sola [and Matsuri, my favorite character in sola] getting in the way....
It's not working very well....

But they're good signatures. Your text isn't overly distracting and I can actually look at the render without my eyes straying off to some random part of the signature ^__^. The render is actually distinct! I can tell what it is!

For the last one, maybe you should have made it a darker [but not night-time] sky, since her hair [in my opinion] gives off a purple-ish feel.

Haha, go sola!

Edit: And I'm not saying anyone on this forum does that, but I have seen signatures like that in other places.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 18:43   Link #36
Ayame_
Ever Bright, Ever Blue
*Graphic Designer

new stuff by me, i tried my hand at vector tracing, i have new respect for the people that do these, they are very time consuming, this is where i am so far, just about done it, it hasnt been that hard, but very tedious, post any critiques
Spoiler for trace:
Old 2007-07-11, 08:57   Link #37
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
very nice stuff u got there... gradiant maps are my savior and at the same time my worst enemy... they fancy up my bg nicely and blend my render in a bit more.. but sometimes it screws up the hue of the render, and it seems a bit off, and i have to scew with the brightness/contrast and sharpness just to fix it... grrrr.....

i think u went a little over board with the blurr effect on the "Flags of dawn" sig... either way, like i said, nice stuff...

k thxs...
darkjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 16:52   Link #38
Ayame_
Ever Bright, Ever Blue
*Graphic Designer

wow i hardly ever have a chance to post here, this is my first completed trace, it was of a fairly easy trace, but you gotta take it easy out of the gate.
Spoiler for trace:
Old 2007-07-29, 11:12   Link #39
Ayame_
Ever Bright, Ever Blue
*Graphic Designer

Hey!

havent been here in a LONG time, but i do have a few new sigs i made, ive been busy, so havent been able to do too much. here they are, any advice appreciated.

Old 2007-07-29, 13:34   Link #40
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Ahhh! the trace is very nice! T_T".

Although the edges of the hair seem too blunt, it's still very good! Especially since it's your first trace; you got most of the details right. =D

anyway

gotta sleep, ~innominate.
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote