AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-02, 16:27   Link #281
XLNC

Summer is a good time to air Kaminomi, since it was also summer during the events of manga when these captures were made. Tsukiyo, Minami and Sumire's arcs can be 2 eps each. Assuming that Tenri's arc will be redone, it must be at least 3 eps (any lower will be bad). That leaves us 3 filler episodes (probably a Yukie ep, a New Hell ep, and ch. 73-74 in glorious anime format), though I'm wondering how will they end this, since ch. 75 (a good stopping point) was used as S2 ending. Another path the producers may take is leaving out Tenri's arc (that's too bad for me), add Nanaka, and leave a cliffhanger ending at ch. 80.

Speaking of summer, it was inevitable for me to link S3 with the other titles, considering Tsukiyo's arc is a 'Rozen Maiden' arc (w/c will reboot this summer) and Minami's arc has a bishie swimming Keima (look at KyoAni's swimming anime, will also air this summer).
Old 2013-05-15, 00:17   Link #282
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

It's official

Goddess arc
Old 2013-05-15, 04:05   Link #283
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Ban Yui's arc.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-05-15, 08:52   Link #284
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Okay this is a load of dodo, they are skipping the best girls.
Old 2013-05-15, 09:24   Link #285
Shadow5YA

That sounds to be even worse than the Hayate anime skipping Golden Week.

How can they cover the goddess arc when they haven't even covered all the girls who are the candidates?
Old 2013-05-15, 09:28   Link #286
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That sounds to be even worse than the Hayate anime skipping Golden Week.

How can they cover the goddess arc when they haven't even covered all the girls who are the candidates?
They could do that as a montage. Ha ha. That or give the new season 2-3 cours, cut out some junk and fast forward some jokes here and there in the goddess arc.
Old 2013-05-15, 09:34   Link #287
Rias

Seeing how it's unlikely that 3rd season would be more than 2 cours, I think they should've done more prep work before entering the big Goddess arc. Just the Goddess arc itself should be 2 cours, if they want to end it at the festival part.

They havn't done Tsukiyo or Yui arcs yet, and there Tenri arc was OVA. They should've picked up the missing pieces, get up to Hinoki arc, which would set the settings up for a 4th season, as the Goddess arc.

At this rate I don't know how many more stuff will be cut.
Old 2013-05-15, 09:37   Link #288
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

They'll most likely have to at least do Tsukiyo's and Yui's arcs first before the Goddess story proper, or else it won't make sense.

Or maybe a major anime-only retcon.
Old 2013-05-15, 09:44   Link #289
XLNC

This seems like a bad idea...
Old 2013-05-15, 09:51   Link #290
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Yui's arc is a really bad idea.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-05-15, 10:03   Link #291
XLNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You and your delusions . Just accept the fact that Yui will be animated in his full glory.
Old 2013-05-15, 10:35   Link #292
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
This seems like a bad idea...
I think it depends how they execute it. I am sure that they wanted to get to this arch because otherwise it would have been another whole season of girl of the week which wasn't bad but they might want to try to get to the actual story in order to get more viewers. I do agree that they can totally mess this up and make no sense, but I am going to trust them for now since we have no real information.

I will be somewhat annoying though if they move all of the goddesses into girls already introduced in the anime, that would totally ruin it for me at least.

Quote:
You will have to give in eventually, embrace the thing that is Yui, live it, breath it.
Old 2013-05-15, 11:02   Link #293
XLNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
I think it depends how they execute it. I am sure that they wanted to get to this arch because otherwise it would have been another whole season of girl of the week which wasn't bad but they might want to try to get to the actual story in order to get more viewers. I do agree that they can totally mess this up and make no sense, but I am going to trust them for now since we have no real information.

I will be somewhat annoying though if they move all of the goddesses into girls already introduced in the anime, that would totally ruin it for me at least.
The decision to skip the arcs prior to Goddess Arc is pretty much disappointing to me, that I just couldn't care whether the execution of the arc will be good or bad. Sure, it's still the girl-of-the-week format, but the accompanying build-up towards the Goddess Arc is one heck of a great storytelling (which we won't probably get to see), starting from Tenri's arc (sad that her arc won't be redone). Yui's arc would have been one turning point as the audience will have seen that things aren't that easy as before; and Hinoki's arc was a major event that wasn't limited by the school setting (Attack on Titan: Maijima City), as well as the introduction of a proper antagonist and the other forces at hand. I sure hope that they will use an OVA route, a la Darker than Black, to fill the gap and explain the backstories of other characters.

P.S. I really wanted to see how TWGOK will fare to Rozen Maiden (Tsukiyo's arc) and Free (Minami's arc w/ swimming Keima). Oh, my dashed hopes .
Old 2013-05-15, 12:51   Link #294
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
The decision to skip the arcs prior to Goddess Arc is pretty much disappointing to me, that I just couldn't care whether the execution of the arc will be good or bad. Sure, it's still the girl-of-the-week format, but the accompanying build-up towards the Goddess Arc is one heck of a great storytelling (which we won't probably get to see)
I think the problem might lie in what I said above that there is still 5 or 6 arcs between the Goddess arc and the anime story if they were to adapt everything, it would take at least another whole season before they would be able to get to the Goddess arc and I don't think this series has that kind of time to play with. I think its because the series isn't insanely popular, its a break-even series and I think they are making this push in order to try and make it that popular series, how it works out remains to be seen. Yes, we will be losing some build up and some material but that is usually the case with anime adaptations. Would I like to see everything adapted? Of course, but its very rare to see that done in anime recently. That is why I think the execution and how they go about ordering and telling the story will be the most important part if they are really skipping as much material as we think.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-15 at 17:13. Reason: copied post
Old 2013-05-15, 12:59   Link #295
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Aww I really wanted to the Yui arc lol
But i do hope they have it all planned out to show the girls cuz otherwise its gonna go bad
Old 2013-05-15, 13:01   Link #296
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Quote:
Not doing Yui's arc is a really bad idea.
fix'd.

Now this is interesting info. Wonder how this will all turn out.
Old 2013-05-15, 13:09   Link #297
trenton_dawn
Silt

7 girls are being skipped, 2 of which introduce characters which play a major role in the goddess arc that they're focusing on. It's possible that they will include those 2 girls' regular stories during/prior to the goddess events.

Of the non-goddess 5, I don't think any of them had a sufficiently major impact to the storyline that couldn't be made up for with some information backfill to the script of the 3rd season. Except, of course, that the skipped girls had interesting stories of their own that I wish I could see animated.

Last edited by trenton_dawn; 2013-05-15 at 17:02.
Old 2013-05-15, 15:59   Link #298
Chandalen

Most of those skipped aren't terribly important, but I'll miss ramen and shogi girl a lot (two of my favorites). One thing they could do is when Keima is doing the elimination of candidate efforts early in the arc would be to show a mini flashback or something hitting the major points if they deemed it necessary.
Old 2013-05-15, 16:21   Link #299
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

hmm, so we got the telescope/doll girl, the swimming girl, the old lady and the ramen girl, then tenri, I guess those are the ones that are going to be skipped?
Old 2013-05-15, 17:03   Link #300
trenton_dawn
Silt

You forgot Nanaki (the chess girl), Hinoki (the giant girl), and Akari (the robot-builder girl), we can probably assume those will be skipped as well.
Closed Thread