AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Old 2012-04-22, 11:53   Link #881
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Holy smokes what is going on in this thread? Should I still be posting about the show here or is this basically shipping and ecchi celebration central now?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 11:55   Link #882
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
but the reason they are fighting is because of this scenes
I don't think so, but in any case, can't they just give a short verbal summary of the fights, like in Katanagatari, they are so damn boring in general, and this case ridiculous, unoriginal, and ugly. On the other hand, that childhood friend looked really good with an inflatable toy looking like her friend on top of her performing all the logical movements, but alas on the air, instead of where everyone was expecting
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 11:59   Link #883
tsunade666

katanagatari has different style. And that's the style of the author. This one is different. It's about brain burst and brain burst is a fighting game. So their would be fighting to reach level 10. That's what KYH wants and that's what would Haru wants. Because he is completely blind or admired his sempai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Holy smokes what is going on in this thread? Should I still be posting about the show here or is this basically shipping and ecchi celebration central now?
Nope, this thread is still sane and not yet going crazy.
Old 2012-04-22, 12:08   Link #884
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Nah... I am pretty sure everyone will resume talking about the deep plot and rich setting soon

Quote:
katanagatari has different style. And that's the style of the author. This one is different. It's about brain burst and brain burst is a fighting game. So their would be fighting to reach level 10. That's what KYH wants and that's what would Haru wants. Because he is completely blind or admired his sempai
I know, I just expressed a wish, I know very well the show's target audience
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 12:43   Link #885
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
I don't think that KHY would just entrust his hopes on Haru just because he score high in that virtual tennis She might have more reasons or maybe she already investigate more about Haru and his skills in the VR world.

I just don't think KHY is the type to trust others without reasons. She even make a whole lot of preparations in trying to persuade him but he just okays with it in trying to receive brain burst. She even plans on how to capture cyan pile and she is more of the calculative type for me. Schemer maybe?
I think the main reason KHY chose Haru is because of his closeness to Chiyu. She does suspect Chiyu is her "stalker", so KHY picked someone close to her she wouldn't hurt. In other words, she uses Haru in the same way she hinted Chiyu might be using him.
Personally I think she's a jerk.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 14:19   Link #886
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
You're missing out, then. The plot of Accel World IMO isn't fight driven, but character driven. eg, this recent 3rd episode with no fight scenes of any kind, instead delving into relationships. Fights happen here not because 'the plot demands it' like in DragonBall or Bleach, but truly because of conflicts between characters, because of their emotions or clashing ideals and such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by apsody243 View Post
As Flere821 just said there is more to this show than just fighting. A lot more, I can't say any more than that because I don't want to spoil anything, but I would advise against dropping it so soon.
Hmmm ...

Just exactly how "intense" are the "conflicts". If it's like Death Note's nerve-recking high tension plot twists ... lets just say I drop Death Note after the first manga chapter, I felt if I continue to read it I would probably get a heart attack.

Yeah, given the amount of doubts I have about the show, it isn't quite catching on with me. LOL. However I still have some interest in it hence my asking around. A bit more info would be helpful - exactly what sort of "idealogical" conflict; might actually be retreading old ground for me.

Quote:
Of course, if you're dropping this due to boredom of romance in anime these days I won't blame you
Actually that and slice of life are mostly what I watch. They are relaxing, funny and have cute girls with charming storylines.

Well, those and any anime with an "interesting setting", e.g. Ghost in the Shell (1995), Patlabor (OVA and movies**), Eve no Jikan, Dantalian no Shoka, UN-GO ...

Accel World's setting kind of qualifies but ... it isn't really a big part of things is it ...

** Yeah, quite a fan of Mamoru Oshii
Old 2012-04-22, 14:39   Link #887
com_gwp

^Salt, I totally get why you'd be this cynical about the show.

Regarding this ideological conflict, you'll probably see it within 2 episodes as we near the climax of the arc. So, I'd persuade you to at least keep up till the end of this first arc, which should give you a much better understanding of where the show intends to go thematically, and perhaps allow you to make a more informed decision on whether this show is something you want to follow.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 14:55   Link #888
tsunade666

@salt, have you tried watching it for yourself? it looks to me your asking opinion of others than actual spoilers for the story. I think it's better to see it for yourself and judge it by your own standards.
Old 2012-04-22, 19:08   Link #889
king12354

Good but it feels like this series would devolve like SAO did. Characters show some depth but closely mirror a lot of other main/supporting characters. And the accelerated world is too massive to the scope of the imagination that I don't think the author can keep it up.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 21:08   Link #890
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Nah... I am pretty sure everyone will resume talking about the deep plot and rich setting soon

I know, I just expressed a wish, I know very well the show's target audience
Let's chat about it. ^_^
Apparently, the target audience are people with some knowledge of computer terminology.

From this episode, we find out that Chiyuri is the vicitim of the intrusion. Her system becomes the dummy computer. Assuming the backdoor is installed by some trust source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipeida
A backdoor in a computer system (or cryptosystem or algorithm) is a method of bypassing normal authentication, securing remote access to a computer, obtaining access to plaintext, and so on, while attempting to remain undetected. The backdoor may take the form of an installed program (e.g., Back Orifice) or may subvert the system through a rootkit.
Another possibility is that she downloaded too many "free software". In real life, some girl's computers are like host of worms and rootkits. They use all sort of peer to peer service without learning any security measures. If they did, it would save their time for asking tech support. We can assume Chiyuri is one of these girls.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2012-04-23 at 00:09.
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 02:03   Link #891
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
Hmmm ...

Just exactly how "intense" are the "conflicts". If it's like Death Note's nerve-recking high tension plot twists ... lets just say I drop Death Note after the first manga chapter, I felt if I continue to read it I would probably get a heart attack.

Yeah, given the amount of doubts I have about the show, it isn't quite catching on with me. LOL. However I still have some interest in it hence my asking around. A bit more info would be helpful - exactly what sort of "idealogical" conflict; might actually be retreading old ground for me.

Actually that and slice of life are mostly what I watch. They are relaxing, funny and have cute girls with charming storylines.

Well, those and any anime with an "interesting setting", e.g. Ghost in the Shell (1995), Patlabor (OVA and movies**), Eve no Jikan, Dantalian no Shoka, UN-GO ...

Accel World's setting kind of qualifies but ... it isn't really a big part of things is it ...

** Yeah, quite a fan of Mamoru Oshii
Nerve-wrecking like Death Note? Nah, not that bad. Though I've only read the manga of Death Note and that was years ago...

I'd say finish this current arc, at least. 2-3 more episode to go. Drop it then if it doesn't suit your taste.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 03:55   Link #892
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Haven't watched this series, but the reason why Kuroyukihime "recruited" Plump Shu (whose real name escapes me) is to hire someone who would defeat the game before she would defeat him? Honestly, that's cowardice in Kuroyukihime's part, and I hope that she would learn to not mess with Plump Shu or end up dying in the hands of her own conscript.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 04:41   Link #893
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Haven't watched this series, but the reason why Kuroyukihime "recruited" Plump Shu (whose real name escapes me) is to hire someone who would defeat the game before she would defeat him? Honestly, that's cowardice in Kuroyukihime's part, and I hope that she would learn to not mess with Plump Shu or end up dying in the hands of her own conscript.
You can call 'Plump Shu' Haru .

At this point in time in the anime, she wants him to help her find the real identity of Cyan Pile. Having him install the Burst Link program means that, if Cyan Pile challenges Hime in the school's local net, Haru will also 'Accelerate' since he has the Burst Link program installed and logged in to the school's local net as well. When 'Accelerated', they will see cursors indicating the direction of Cyan Pile, and from there they can find the intersection point and pinpoint the real identity of Cyan Pile.

Any other reason she might have beyond that falls under future event spoiler category.

I guess you might not understand my explanation so you should just watch it, or go to the LN thread to ask.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 05:40   Link #894
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
Hmmm ...

It isn't conflict per se, rather character interaction
Old 2012-04-23, 06:59   Link #895
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It isn't conflict per se, rather character interaction
The story revolves under those character interaction. This story is a character driven story.
Old 2012-04-23, 08:01   Link #896
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

Man, every time I hear the name "Haru" I always remember that BlueRay h-scene from two incestuous white-haired siblings.

Anyway, Kuryohime, that she-devil-but-cute-as-hell, might be on to something sinister. After all, "one should never trust a beautiful woman, especially if she's interested in you", to quote a certain someone.

Then again, if I'm fat, low-esteemed, and insecure guy like "Haru", I'd be happy if somebody as pretty and popular like Kuryohime gives me notice. RIGHT? RIGHT?
Old 2012-04-23, 08:24   Link #897
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Maybe it is time for a sub forum where those stuff can be seperated...
Old 2012-04-23, 08:35   Link #898
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Third episode was decent. We learned more, again. Chiyu is a bitch, go out with the first one that asks you...

And I guess Taku (or someone) gave her a backdoor.

I know, bad joke. I couldn't resist though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Maybe it is time for a sub forum where those stuff can be seperated...
Except it's that kind of talk that prevents a subforum from forming.
Old 2012-04-23, 09:35   Link #899
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Third episode was decent. We learned more, again. Chiyu is a bitch, go out with the first one that asks you...

And I guess Taku (or someone) gave her a backdoor.

I know, bad joke. I couldn't resist though.

Except it's that kind of talk that prevents a subforum from forming.
Well it work for some and didnt for others, so let see how this is plays out. Besides, its some love on the LN side of the house. But third episode is decent and we learned more about the trio and why KYH did what she have done.
Old 2012-04-23, 12:37   Link #900
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuafaramir View Post
Man, every time I hear the name "Haru" I always remember that BlueRay h-scene from two incestuous white-haired siblings.

Anyway, Kuryohime, that she-devil-but-cute-as-hell, might be on to something sinister. After all, "one should never trust a beautiful woman, especially if she's interested in you", to quote a certain someone.

Then again, if I'm fat, low-esteemed, and insecure guy like "Haru", I'd be happy if somebody as pretty and popular like Kuryohime gives me notice. RIGHT? RIGHT?
All things considered, he'd have been happy with a kick in the nuts, let alone anything upward of friendly.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen