AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2014-04-26, 03:49   Link #381
Nagrom
Spooky Skeleton

I need information on effects and descriptions of abilities and spells for all classes. Anybody got anything. Any spell information is needed, doesn't have to be how much damage or debuff % , I will take anything, even a basic description of what the spell/skill/ability does is fine.

Anybody got any resources they can share?

Just to note. this info will be going towards making an adaptation of Log Horizon in Dungeons and Dragons (tabletop game). Just figuring out stats and stuff, any help is appreciated.
Nagrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 06:39   Link #382
Lazgrane
Dimension Exploiter

I doubt there are any complex information for you out there.

Mamare is just a novelist after all.
Old 2014-04-26, 10:16   Link #383
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom View Post
I need information on effects and descriptions of abilities and spells for all classes. Anybody got anything. Any spell information is needed, doesn't have to be how much damage or debuff % , I will take anything, even a basic description of what the spell/skill/ability does is fine.

Just to note. this info will be going towards making an adaptation of Log Horizon in Dungeons and Dragons (tabletop game). Just figuring out stats and stuff, any help is appreciated.
Pray hard and hope that someone, or a group of someones, would translate the newly released LogHora TRPG rulebook. That's your best bet, imho.

If not, there's the English wiki: http://lh.oksub.me/wiki/Main_Page. It's far from completion but you will find that most of the skillsets have been translated =3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 21:44   Link #384
Nagrom
Spooky Skeleton

Thanks, this saves me so much work
Nagrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 20:29   Link #385
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom View Post

Yukamichi has some thing translated right now, but not all of it. http://pastebin.com/u/yukamichi

I'm currently working on a list of subclasses based on some of the ones given to me by a generous Japanese speaker (who despite his claims is also pretty good at English) as well as the descriptions on Mamare's docs.
Old 2014-04-27, 20:32   Link #386
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Something have been bugging me about the character stats. Just what exactly is POWer?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 21:52   Link #387
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Something have been bugging me about the character stats. Just what exactly is POWer?
Physical strength, perhaps?
Old 2014-04-27, 23:29   Link #388
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Hmm, no, that would be STRength in this case. POWer, given as 精神力 in Japanese, should be equivalent to Wisdom (+Willpower + Perception). The description given at lhrpg.com goes:
Quote:
意思の強さや感覚の鋭さなど、精神的な能力を表わします。
Roughly translated (correct me if I'm wrong), it goes: "Strength of the will and sharpness of the senses, etc, representing the capacity/capabilities of the psyche."

If it helps, Elves, Dwarves and Foxtails, all which are said to have higher mental resistances, are also the only races with a point in POW for their racial bonuses. It's worth noting that each race is given a total of two points for their racial bonuses, and except for the Wolfhair (2 STR) and Ritualists (2 INT), each race is allowed only 1 point in any attribute.

(In case anyone is interested, Humans are the only race that can choose which attributes to get for their racial bonuses; everyone else are given a fixed set. Of course, the aforementioned limit still applies.)

Also, the Healer classes have a higher POW class bonus vs INT, while the Magic DPS have higher base INT vs POW . The ratio is generally 4:3 except for the Medium (4 POW : 2 INT) and the Enchanter (2 POW : 4 INT).

Signature by liro

Last edited by Estavali; 2014-04-27 at 23:51.
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 05:41   Link #389
Aggelos
The one whom passes by

Xylon

I guess I can post this up for viewing. I am looking for comments and thoughts on the design and possibilities on improving my Log Horizon OC,
but please be more specific than "It's BAD" "It sux" "It's ok" "Looks Great!" kind of responses in the replies.
While I still need to fine tune afew things and waiting for more details or clues on the new class and sub-class skills.
So for now I'll go from assumptions and crazy run a away fan “logic”.

Spoiler for The Hunting Party:

Server: Oceania
Name: Xylon
Race: Human (Thinking about Wolfhair)
Class: Tribal (Was told it was a re-skinned Bard so basing off there stats)
Role: Offensive Vanguard/Ranged Reargaurd
HP: Low
MP: High
Subclass/lvl: Fortune teller 90+
Guild: None, recently retired from active guild

Gear

Main Weapon: Ocean lord's crystal tear.
A rare weapon made of living crystal, coral and bone from a legendary sea boss from a water raid encounter.
Encountering the event requires the entire raid party to sail out into the ocean for the chance encounter of a monstrous serpent like monster.

This particular raid was chased into a small groups of sand islands where battle took place

The weapon boast unparalleled piercing abilities and offers per strike a chance for water and wind element attack support.

Range optional weapon(s)

Numerous Boomerangs
A cheap crafted weapon that is sold in bulk in the adventurers market or from crafters.
While not as damaging as the larger scale models adventures can effortless swarm the field with these projectiles without
needing to retrieve the weapons should they fail to return and in greater numbers.

With Xylon's current mastery skill, he can only have 5 boomerangs (airborne) active on the field at once.
Each can return to the user after hitting an opponent or completing its flightpath uninterrupted, however should one break or fail to return.
Xylon suffers a small cool-down or timer affect in the weapon slot or bar, limiting his weapons and attacks by
a factor of 1 until the weapon is replaced/regenerated from his inventory.

Wind-slasher Gigas boomerang
A massively large production class boomerang that is about the same size as a average man.
While it can be used for an improvise shield, due to its size and weight most players find it too much of a burden to use in battle.

It's sole ability is cleave, once launched it becomes a deadly offensive threat to anything in its path

However while airborne it leaves the wielder virtually defenseless until it returns.
Should something happen that effects its flightpath (such as becoming stuck or deflected) the player must physical retrieve it.
And when equipped or in use, the weapon locks out the ability to have multiple boomerangs (projectiles) active on the field

Armor: Spirit-weaved Guardian Shroud.
A unique and rare phantasmal class armor rewarded for
completing an extremely long and difficult quest chain from Spirit creatures native to a small remote location in the Oceania region.

By collecting different items and drops from different rare creatures in a series of random time limited missions.
Then the adventurer gives all the collected items to NPC spirit creatures to craft the armor.
Furthermore it's appearance and effects are depended upon the items collected and how the player interacts with the spirit creatures.

Due to this Xylon's Shroud armour boosts a high magical defense and
dramatically increases resilience to de-buffs, bad status effects and entrapments.
However the shroud offers below average physical defense and can become fragile after too many numerous large physical attacks.
In short it has no physical ability benefits or support for the wearer.

With the Shroud being one of the Phantasmal class and of it's lore origin combined with Xylon's own influence during it's creation,
it has one rare and special trait which houses a spirit within itself.
While it cannot talk or provide support while battling, the spirit acts as an affectionate, playful and cheeky non-combat companion or pet while idle or outside of combat.

When being used as armor, glowing orbs or "pixie lights" randomly appear whenever it pleases,
much to the dismay of Xylon when he is trying to stalk a monster or hide from enemy sight.
However there are circumstances where “Nuka” knows better not too.. but there a too rare of a moment.

As there is no system to officially name the entity, Xylon christened and refers to it as “Nuka”.
“Nuka” is a shape-shifting mass of energy but the three most common forms it takes are
the base armor form.

The animated form where “Nuka” puppets the armor into a horned bird like creature like form.
But it strongly resembles a puppet more than anything.

Spoiler for Puppet:

The spirit guide form where “Nuka” takes on a nearly fully humanoid appearance utilizing the armor pieces for phyical features.

Spoiler for The Terrifying Nuka!:

Extra: Reinforced headband
A common headband strengthened in order to help keep your hair in place and stop bad hair days.
It offers very small physical defence increase but its the only thing that keeps Xylon's hair back in a manageable condition.

Description
: (See spoiler at the top for a image, and yes I did make all the pictures in this post)

Height: 6'2 foot (187cm)
Medium Tanned skin
Hair: Dark Maroon/Purplish coloured wiry hair, Giant Afro without a headband.
Eye colour: Brown

(I actually have a more adequate picture planned that would actually look like some of the official character art, but I couldn't decide on a pose and accidentally trashed the sketch lol... *crys*)

Play style: Offensive Vanguard

Xylon focuses on a “Guerrilla” or Hit and Run style approach when engaging an enemy directly,
due to his lack of physical defence and low HP.
Relying on out manoeuvring any opponents with focus on speed while utilising interrupts, counter and evading abilities to stop or decrease damage before it happens. Then to jump or run out of range after dealing damage.

(*Interrupting key threats like Anchor Howl and other taunting moves*)

To further enhance his effectiveness and strategies in battle, Xylon uses the Fortune Teller sub-class talents to give himself an extra advantage and to cover his weaknesses.
With Fortune Teller, Xylon has the ability to sense when something dangerous is about to happen and can open brief glimpses into the most probable future when in battle to see a outcome.

However this comes with risks, when “Viewing” if you lose focus or delve too deep into the vision, you leave yourself exposed to the enemy.
(I like the term from Pacific Rim, “Chasing the Rabbit”)

Xylon view limit ranges from 3 to 25 seconds at most into the future while in battle.
The safest being between 3-5 seconds.

Play style: Ranged Rearguard

His Ranged Rearguard play style is similar to Offensive Vanguard style, however the only different
is that focus is given to keeping distance from the enemy and using his abilities to damage from afar and retrieve projectile weapons (boomerangs).

His signature style of backwards jumping high into the air launching range attacks was refined in PVP matches.

Spoiler for Character History:
Aggelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 20:52   Link #390
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Name: (unknown, haven't decided)
Class: Sorcerer
Species: Human

Subclass: Cook (lol)
Weapon
Book of Spells (magic power + 20%, attack power + 150, attack speed 10% and 20% chance of autocasting a level 1 spell in your arsenal)

Armor
Mage Armor ( 20% damage reduction with a 3% reduction in total mana per hit)

Accessory
Ring of evasion: 12% evasion rate from all damage.

Note: Modeled after the battle sage in Ragnarok Online
Old 2014-11-24, 14:07   Link #391
Redleafs

[B]Name:[B] Kuro Chai
Class: Sorcerer (Lv 12)
Subclass: Aristocrat (Lv90+)
Species: Foxtail

HP: Very Low
MP: Very High

Guild: Darkening Shades
Guild Position: Leader

Gear:

Fancy Cap: Gained by completing a secret low-level quest given by one of the People of the Land (a Noble). Increases Mana Regeneration by two-percent.

Fancy Suit: Gained by completing a secret low-level quest given by one of the People of the Land (a Noble). Decreases Cool-down time by two second for Element spells.

Fancy Boots: Gained by completing a secret low-level quest given by one of the People of the Land (a Noble). Decreases amount of needed experience points to level up the Aristocrat subclass.

Starter Staff***: The starting staff given to players at the beginning of the game. It has been improved to its maximum efficiency. Increases Elemental Spell damage by three-percent. Increases the Mana Regeneration rate by half-a-percent.

Play Style/History

Pre-Apocalypse:
Kuro was one of the best known players one the Japanese server, leading his very own-successful and well known-guild. He was also known for being one of the players with the most information on secret quests and gear. But Kuro never gave out the information easily, even to his Guild Members, requiring people to give him something in exchange. In his earnest for the new expansion pack, Novasphere Pioneers, Kuro decided to create a new character to see if anything new would be added on the lower levels.

Post-Apocalypse:
After waking up in Elder Tale, Kuro quickly deduced that he was on his own, being that he hadn't added his guild members to his new character's friend list as of yet. Additionally, he didn't want any other players to know that the legendary "Secret Keeper" was in such a vulnerable state now that all of this was real. Kuro has decided to start gaining a place for himself in this new world and is planning to secure himself a position as a noble...he just hasn't figured out the how yet.

Kuro's battle style (Post-A) consists mostly of evasion, using the tactic of "if I can't be hit then I can't lose" and mind games. By catching people off-guard or messing with them, it causes his enemies to "stumble" and gives him the chance to take them out with the powerful magic of a Foxtail.

"I have a tail...I have a tail..." - Kuro Chai.
Redleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-13, 03:28   Link #392
P0TAT0HANDGUN

Angry Grrr

I wrote this massive-ass character description, it went into detail about items, his playstyle, his job, how he reacted to the apocalypse, I even put some damn thought into his name, using Japanese morphology to make it (his name was Shijin, if you can figure out what two words I morphed then you deserve a cookie). I established that he was a psychopath with a charging into battle attitude and his multiple personalities and... FFFFFUUUUUUUU
:f rustrated:
P0TAT0HANDGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-14, 22:49   Link #393
Zuub
Shadow

[B]Name:[B] Zuub
Class: Assassin lv50
Subclass: Berzerker lv90+
Species: Wolf Fang

HP: Very Low
MP: Moderate

Guild: N/A
Guild Position: N/A

Gear:

Death's Friend (dagger): 100% crit chance on back stabs

Life's Foe (dagger):Attack damage increases inversely with the users HP

Nimble Boots: move silently over any terrain + no fall damage

Cloak of Shadows: When out of combat for 60 seconds, may turn invisible until either the user attacks or takes damage

Play Style/History

Hyper aggressive combat. As the class and subclass would suggest Zuub is overly aggressive and hot headed, with a penchant for both death and dying. Stealth is his first line of defense, but after the first hit it is all about killing before you die. Zuub struggles between his love of the pvp combat style, and his dislike for PKing. While he spent some time in a PK guild he ultimately left to attempt to make it as a full time PvMer. It didn't work and now he tries to find a balance in between the two. Zuub cares deeply for his friends (or would if he had any) and, even though he would never admit it, he would rather be with a small party than off questing alone.
"The wolf pack runs in the shadow, and the shadows bear us home."
Zuub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-16, 02:30   Link #394
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Anyone have a link to the classes available in the American server?

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 11:58   Link #395
DQueenie13

Same as Japan, just replace Samurai with Pirate and Kannagi with Medicine Man.
Old 2016-04-30, 05:07   Link #396
Sepulcher13
The Mad Hatter

Name: Akeno Inokumo (IRL: Jericho Ware)
Level: 90
Race: Wolf Fang
Class: Monk (Kicker Hybrid)
Subclass: Tracker/Pathfinder (Previously Gladiator)
Guild: Unaffiliated (Looking to start a guild by the name of Moonfang)
Role: Offensive Mid-Guard, Off-Tank
HP: 14290
MP: 4640
Server: North American

Items:
Shackles of Greed: From a high-ranking PvP event reward held a while ago. Although it's defensive ability makes one uneasy, it has the ability to recover HP according to the damage dealt. It is treasure hunting equipment that also slightly increases gold dropped by monsters.

Collar of Phantasms: Rare Monk-Only Quest Reward from a lvl 85 quest. This item grants an increased range on the ability Phantom Step, and a temporary buff to the wearer's Damage (10%), Speed (5%), and Accuracy (15%) when the ability is activated. The Buff lasts 5 seconds.

Band of the Beast: A lvl 90 Raid Drop in the form of an armband. This Armband, when worn, becomes a tatoo on the bicep of the wearer until unequipped. This item boosts the bearer's Evasion by a moderate sum, and increases the bearer's DoT's (Damage Over Time).

Background-
Jericho, a young man from the Southern states of the USA, was and always will be a Gamer. MMO's were like second nature to him. Rhythm, Builds, Combos, Strategies, Gear...It all came naturally to him and he made use of that in every game he played. So it was that he came to hear of the MMO Elder Tale and decided to give it a try. However, Jericho decided to try something new when he began this game. Rather than, as usual, playing a Spellcaster and maintaining a steady DPS while observing the conditions of the game as the fights dragged on, Jericho decided to play his first character as a Melee class. This wasn't to say that he hadn't played Melee DPS in the past on other games, but NEVER had he made one as his first character. He was the type of player who liked the flexibility of dealing damage from afar, casting crowd control effects, and Kiting. However, this game he wanted a refreshing change. So Akeno Inokumo was born into the world of Elder Tale.

It didn't take long at all for Jericho to assimilate into Monk-Style play, and even create his own build for his playstyle. In-game he enjoyed RP'ing (Role Playing) his character out for some time until he reached level 20ish. It was at this time that a player caught him out of town with an RP buddy and PK'd (Player Killed) them both. But the problem had only just begun. The player was a member of a PVP guild who enjoyed PK'ing. Akeno was ganked (Ganged up on) a number of times, to the point that Jericho had had it. He changed his Subclass from Tracker, which it had been, to Gladiator. With his PVP-Focused Subclass he immediately set about working out Rotations and Strategems for combat using Akeno. After months of lashing out against PK's Akeno had come to be known, along with a few likeminded individuals, as a PKK (Player Killer Killer), and was even hired as a "Bounty Hunter" of sorts for revenge against PK's. Akeno did this until the dawn of the Apocalypse.

Post Apocolypse-

Now with the Apocalypse in place, PK's aren't all that popular as they once were. With that in mind, Akeno has changed his Subclass to Pathfinder to improve his PVE skills. It helped him when the big Raid Guilds began running older content raids to build teamwork and experience, even helped granting him his latest Raid Gear, the Band of the Beast.

Skill Overview-
Build: Hybrid Kicker
Signature Skill: Phantom Step (Uses it on every Cooldown to maximize his gear's buff)
Skill Rotation Focus: Tiger Echo Fist (Opening), Phantom Step (On every CD), then focuses on intigrating normal Monk Combos with DoTs.
Overskill:

Old habbits die hard, and some not at all. This is the case with Akeno's style of play. Used to observing the battle from afar and altering his own attacks accordingly, Jericho built Akeno's Build into that of a Hybrid Kicker. A Monk Kicker Build is a Guerilla Ambush Playstyle revolving around Hit-and-Run tactics. Akeno's however is focused on changing his targets rapidly so he can dart to the most effective targets in the Battle. An example of this being a Healer about to be assaulted, using this build, Akeno would be able to alter his target, cross the expanse of ground to the new target, engage the target, and be flexible enough to quickly alter targets again if need be. Jericho likes to call this tactic Chaos Control since it prevents most situations from becoming problematic.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Sepulcher13; 2016-04-30 at 05:12. Reason: Image
Sepulcher13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
original content