AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-03, 02:27   Link #461
CatRules
Shipper

If Miyuki is Sati's copy, then how did she have Cocytus and Miya's look?

I get that you like Shiva things, but you don't have to push it to this level. Satroll.........
Old 2015-05-03, 02:28   Link #462
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Confirmed: Tatsuya came from Dahan. He was one of Maya's unfertilized eggs.
Source? All illustrations are not even out.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 02:30   Link #463
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
OMG!!! And, if he was one of unfertilized eggs, I wonder who donated the sperm.

That is what I think, too. Everyone knows how close they are, so everyone would be okay with it, but with Yotsuba's name people may distance from them because Yotsuba is specialized in hunting down magicians who betray the country. Even though Yotsuba goes after traitors, in some way, they are still hunting their own kinds, so they may try to stay away from them.
It's also possible that they are afraid or at the least intimidated.

Most, if not all their friends, would still hang around them anyway.

There will be some awkward moments but their interactions will be very interesting, to say the least.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 02:35   Link #464
nurismail
want to learn japanese ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Confirmed: Tatsuya came from Dahan. He was one of Maya's unfertilized eggs.
really??? that was 30 years ago??
nurismail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 02:47   Link #465
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Source? All illustrations are not even out.
Wow. I totally forgot about B/W illustrations. You are right. we don't have every illustration, yet. This is interesting. The person who posted illustrations, only posted some key pages such as the last page of this volume and color illustrations.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 02:51   Link #466
Echizen777

Quote:
Wow. I totally forgot about B/W illustrations. You are right. we don't have every illustration, yet. This is interesting. The person who posted illustrations, only posted some key pages such as the last page of this volume and color illustrations.
That's exactly why I think some spoilers are fake. Usually all illustrations are uploaded and more spoilers come after.
Old 2015-05-03, 02:52   Link #467
Seitsuki
Onee!

I, uh....

I'm conflicted. Considering developments and their speed so far there just seems to be too many LOL WTF moments being thrown out all at once.
Old 2015-05-03, 02:57   Link #468
Zanfow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
I, uh....

I'm conflicted. Considering developments and their speed so far there just seems to be too many LOL WTF moments being thrown out all at once.
Exactly what i was thinking cause at first i was like "oh nice, tatsuya and miyuki engaged pretty interesting" but then after i read some more i started to think "wait wut?"...
Zanfow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 03:05   Link #469
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
That's exactly why I think some spoilers are fake. Usually all illustrations are uploaded and more spoilers come after.
Unfortunately, I think, spoilers by hjHerstx is correct because uploaded key pages back up some of his claims. I am sure on few things such as engagements between Shiba siblings and such thing as the last event when Ichijou family is raising some issue with it.

Most of confusion may come form anons at 4chan. I am just hoping that yellow snake or some other Japanese speaker to share their opinion on hjHerstx's post at 2chan.
Old 2015-05-03, 03:07   Link #470
Clutchdog

Wow, a lot of new stuff came up but I'm not terribly surprised by any of them, Miyuki being modified being the most unexpected. I'd like to know more about her circumstances. I don't know how I feel about the pacing right now though, if Satou is only planning for 20 volumes. The next one being the 10MC meeting chapter, leaving 3 volumes to finish up. It seems like he's leaving a lot of threads hanging and normally you'd milk a few more SS volumes before closing out the series.

I don't know if he's planning to continue in another series but I just hope he's able to wrap up the story nicely.
Clutchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 03:13   Link #471
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchdog View Post
Wow, a lot of new stuff came up but I'm not terribly surprised by any of them, Miyuki being modified being the most unexpected. I'd like to know more about her circumstances. I don't know how I feel about the pacing right now though, if Satou is only planning for 20 volumes. The next one being the 10MC meeting chapter, leaving 3 volumes to finish up. It seems like he's leaving a lot of threads hanging and normally you'd milk a few more SS volumes before closing out the series.
I don't know if he's planning to continue in another series but I just hope he's able to wrap up the story nicely.
I think, he is speeding things up if it will end at vol.20 Tatsuya's new magic project, "ESCAPE", may be another breakthrough, and I think, it may upgrade magician's position in the society and Tatsuya's position among 10MC if this project will allow people to use magic to extract resources from the bottom of ocean.
Old 2015-05-03, 03:14   Link #472
Echizen777

Quote:
Unfortunately, I think, spoilers by hjHerstx is correct because uploaded key pages back up some of his claims. I am sure on few things such as engagements between Shiba siblings and such thing as the last event when Ichijou family is raising some issue with it.

Most of confusion may come form anons at 4chan. I am just hoping that yellow snake or some other Japanese speaker to share their opinion on hjHerstx's post at 2chan.
Things like Maya with 2 type of innate magics and Tatsuya Decomposition/Regrowth not being innate don't make sense. It doesn't make sense to only post color pages, preview and yet ignore BW illustrations, you always post all the illustrations first. True spoilers are mixed with fake ones IMO.
Old 2015-05-03, 03:23   Link #473
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Things like Maya with 2 type of innate magics and Tatsuya Decomposition/Regrowth not being innate don't make sense. It doesn't make sense to only post color pages, preview and yet ignore BW illustrations, you always post all the illustrations first. True spoilers are mixed with fake ones IMO.
I don't think, the person purposely mix things. To me, the spoiler's last part regarding Ichijou sounded like fake until the scanned page showed up because Ichijou clan has never shown any relation to Yotsuba until this volume. We normally expect Saegusa to make a move not Ichijou, but the scanned page proved the spoiler was true.

By making decomposition/regrowth as not being innate ability, the author just blew up the foundation of Mahouka. But, at the same time, it also creates the possibility that Tatsuya may have a natural magic calculation zone that he cannot use because of decomposition and regrowth. Maya's MI ability and involvement on the surgery can be questioned. I think, I also mentioned in my spoiler that it may need clarification from Japanese speaker.
Old 2015-05-03, 03:24   Link #474
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchdog View Post

The pacing also depends on the number of pages in each volume. Most of the previous volumes had normal amount of pages (300-350 pages) but some had at least 400 pages.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 03:28   Link #475
Ultragunner

well well, since we don't know for sure how legit the spoilers may be, let just agree that Maya is still confirmed to be DA BEST girl in Mahouka?

I mean just look at the new illustration, there is no way in hell you could see her as a over 40-year old lady

And if the spoilers about her "plan" were true, then Maya would be even more awesome
Old 2015-05-03, 04:24   Link #476
IceHism

I don't know about the legitimacy of the spoilers but there is so much development that I'm questioning whether this is all real. I saw the illustrations and they were great but I think there's a lot of missing context surrounding the spoilers. Either way, it will be a blast to read I think.

Also, 20 volumes seems a bit small. Doesn't this mean dowl master will also be ending very soon. He will prob write a new series after
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 04:44   Link #477
Echizen777

Quote:
I don't think, the person purposely mix things. To me, the spoiler's last part regarding Ichijou sounded like fake until the scanned page showed up because Ichijou clan has never shown any relation to Yotsuba until this volume. We normally expect Saegusa to make a move not Ichijou, but the scanned page proved the spoiler was true.

By making decomposition/regrowth as not being innate ability, the author just blew up the foundation of Mahouka. But, at the same time, it also creates the possibility that Tatsuya may have a natural magic calculation zone that he cannot use because of decomposition and regrowth. Maya's MI ability and involvement on the surgery can be questioned. I think, I also mentioned in my spoiler that it may need clarification from Japanese speaker.
That's manipulation of information. Tatsuya is her fiancé, Lina will appear and Ichijou disagrees with the engagement, there are bodyguards and new candidates but the rest is not something I can accept like that, I don't imagine someone flipping the pages, skipping the BW illustrations and only post the ones who support certain things. Tatsuya's opinion is also completely ignored and as you said that surgery thing blows everything, as long as BW illustrations, which should have been posted already since they can upload text and colored illustrations are missing I won't believe all of this.
Old 2015-05-03, 04:45   Link #478
Mentar
Banned

To be honest, I'm reading this giggling as I go. What the heck?

Assuming that the spoilers are confirmed and genuine, a ton of questions pop up, like "what's the point of the entire charade leading up to this development? What's the point in having Tatsuya ostracized like this? What's the point in at least initially trying to condition Miyuki against him?" and and and...

I just hope that the author didn't figure that he had written himself into a corner, and is now trying to BS himself out of it by a full reversal.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 05:27   Link #479
Abysmalheart

I read somewhere that mahouka was to be 25 not 20 vol and that the author already has the story is already thought out well this is what I read when I just got into the LN last year.

We all have the WTH/Whaaa....... expression as most of the spoilers don't add up well we will know all later on as the ppl who posted the spoilers must have only mentioned the main points and left out the rest out.

My ship......
Spoiler for Adding my thoughts on my shipping:
Abysmalheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 05:31   Link #480
Mentar
Banned

Well, it's not like that it would be entirely 100% inconsistent with what we had before.

But it's an _extreme_ change from the prior storytelling, and it's creating _tons_ of consistency problems. Which most likely won't be resolved in a satisfying way.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satroll, shippers tragedy