AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Old 2019-12-08, 08:21   Link #101
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I actually really don't get the Hue well.
Old 2019-12-08, 18:39   Link #102
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Okay, I'll admit it. My favorite part this week was:

Spoiler for Episode 7:
Living in a war torn country doesn't mean you'd have to have soldier skills in real life but I guess you're technically correct in that it essentially is the case in anime.

Saw it coming a mile away to be honest. XP
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-09, 04:20   Link #103
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
I actually really don't get the Hue well.
The more stressed you are, the more clouded it gets, is how it generally goes....supposedly

But in reality, it's more like the bigger a liability you are to Sibyl, the worse it gets
Old 2019-12-12, 20:43   Link #104
bakato

The opening came true...
Old 2019-12-12, 20:56   Link #105
saya_leviathan

Looks like there will be a movie to wrap up the Bifrost plot.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It will be on Amazon Prime Video and will be released on Spring 2020.

Spoiler for spoiler on episode 8:

Last edited by saya_leviathan; 2019-12-12 at 21:07.
saya_leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-12, 23:40   Link #106
HighGuard

Compilation Film
Old 2019-12-13, 00:00   Link #107
saya_leviathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGuard View Post
Compilation Film
Wow, that just...... That means they just ended Season 3 like that with
Spoiler for spoiler on the final episode:

Unless they're going to sneak in some new scenes like Arata confronting Azusawa, I don't see how will they resolve the Bifrost storyline and whatever happened to Akane in a very short time.
Old 2019-12-13, 06:48   Link #108
foxbox360
New Age Badass

its like season one all over again.
Old 2019-12-13, 21:03   Link #109
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Producer: Should we write closure to the story?
Shiotani: No!

Seriously, while I enjoyed season 3, the "finale" felt so weird. Kei's turning up against Arata and his coworkers was wellbuilt but nothing happens as there is no time left. The same thing happened in previous seasons and the 2015 movies but here it was more obvious.

To make it worse, the upcoming movie is just a compilation.
Old 2019-12-14, 05:36   Link #110
Blaat

Huh, that was the final episode for some reason I thought this season would have 9 episodes. Anyway it was a pretty good episode, setting up the characters for the 2nd half of the story. If this show was a split cour series I would say it's a good way to end the first cour. But at the moment we don't even know if there's going to be a season 4.
Old 2019-12-14, 08:55   Link #111
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I guess Kei vs Kei in the opening was foreshadowing to his betrayal similar to the first season with Kogami.
Old 2019-12-14, 12:32   Link #112
alex_drian

I'm prefer much this to them shoving everything in the duration of a movie even if someday MAYBE we get season 4.

I'm sure Yayoi will be fine, her Hue, I don't think so.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-15, 17:57   Link #113
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Finished watching. If I had known they would end this season right in the middle of the story, I would have waited until the next airs or at least gets announced before watching it.

Overall, this was definitely a lot better than the second season (which isn't hard, I know). Focused more on investigation and societal problems. My main complaint is that pretty much nothing was answered. It was implied at some point that Akane murdered someone, but that's pretty much all we know about her situation. She doesn't really seem to have fallen out of favor with Sybil since Kasei had a friendly chat with her and in fact seems to be in on her plan involving Arata, so the incident must have happened in front of a crowd. She's allowed to communicate with the outside too. Bifrost is also a complete mystery. An organization that apparently existed before Sybil was implemented and managed to survive, with members that keeps switching and playing games. Weird stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Living in a war torn country doesn't mean you'd have to have soldier skills in real life but I guess you're technically correct in that it essentially is the case in anime.

Saw it coming a mile away to be honest. XP
But she is a soldier. In a flashback, Arata said Kei and Maiko would get conscripted if they went back to their country to look for Kei's brother, which they did.

I really liked that scene personally, because it was obviously paralleling Makishima killing Akane's friend, with a completely different outcome.
Old 2019-12-20, 17:34   Link #114
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Yeah, the compilation movie seems a weird idea especially considering the first anime was already retold once. It feels like Shiotani is a fan of Gundam if he wants to retell everything again. At least season 3 kinda gave closure to Kogami and Akane's relationship as the society made it impossible for them to meet as equal. For from the best ending though.

And yeah we have Arata and Kei. The two want to protect the same person but Arata remains more of as a mystery especially with the beast hallucinations he suffers. At least according to the trailer, the compilation movie will give more stuff for the season 3 characters judging by the footage.
Old 2019-12-23, 21:37   Link #115
saya_leviathan

Turns out the "First Inspector" is not a recap movie at all.

Quote:
Update: The film will conclude the story of season 3 on the case of the "Foxes" being pursued by Unit 1, the Bifrost mystery, and Arata and Kei's battle.
So, I was right all along it's going to wrap up Season 3.

A very huge mistake on ANN's part for misinforming everyone. Sheesh
Old 2019-12-24, 09:05   Link #116
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Thanks god. Now I wonder if they will take some liberties with the movie. I mean, they could add more visual violence as while season 3 had a lot of deaths we never had too much visual stuff like previous seasons.
Old 2019-12-24, 18:02   Link #117
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That's great, we won't have to wait too long. A single movie seems too little to resolve all of this though.
Old 2019-12-26, 17:32   Link #118
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I wonder how is the narrative going to be handled. We have Unit 1 and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs working in parallel stories connected while Ignatov's last actions in season 3 might make him Shindo's enemy due to Bifrost. Still Production I.G said the premise will be mostly focused on Shindo and Ignatov rather than returning characters so I don't know about Tsunemori

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2019-12-26 at 17:43.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-26, 19:11   Link #119
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Whatever happened with Akane seems related to Bifrost, so they'll most likely resolve her situation too.

What I find weird is that they did so little with the ministry of foreign affairs. They switched two main characters from S1 there, yet they didn't do much the whole season.
Old 2019-12-27, 20:27   Link #120
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Look! The poster is out!

Wait