AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-08-27, 02:32   Link #1
dark_breaka
Äñìmê Frëã|{

xp pro install problem

the problem that i need help on is during install of xp i seem to get an error saying "setup cannot copy the file: oembios.bin" i get this error during the setup when xp is copying files off the cd i've never encounterd this error before on previous installs of xp. Any suggestion of how to fix this problem would be much appreciated
dark_breaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 02:44   Link #2
Oujirou
イルージョン

Send a message via MSN to Oujirou
Well 'some' files aren't needed, so you can just skip the file, but since it's in the copy stage where you bootup with the CD, I'd say give it a cleaning and retry. I've installed XP and other programs, and they might be identical pieces of software in each install, but each time there is always one thing that won't do something.
Oujirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 02:51   Link #3
chris
[root@localhost]#
*IT Support

It may be the cd drive or the disk is scratched, i have had copy errors with installing xp before because for some reason the cd drive would not read, if you have acess to another cd drive temperarily install it on the machien giving you problems and see if that works.
(sorry for the sp it's late )
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 09:31   Link #4
Galaxy

I had a problem once that it would do that with another file, did you try reformating your HD? (not the quick reformats) for me it took a while since there was some bad sectors but when it was done, XP installed itself with no problem
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 18:04   Link #5
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Are you doing a re-install? If you see oembios.bin, then this media is from an OEM release of XP Pro. (e.g. Dell, Acer, Gateway, HP, Compaq,...) If you try to use the CD in another system, you may see this error since the license file does not match up. The license file is embedded on your motherboard BIOS chip.
________
How to roll a blunt

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 11:40.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 19:13   Link #6
Imazul

Edit: Oh didnt see it was a factory os issue.

Well bad enough for you having a oem os.... you could try and format before intsalling using a bootdisk and then install again. If that doesnt work just remember that your oem cd key wont work on normal winxp.
Imazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 19:58   Link #7
dark_breaka
Äñìmê Frëã|{

Well i found out the cause was the the cd had a small dot of a smuge that was casuseing the problem and so i just cleaned the cd. Also thx to Oujirou for the suggest of cleaning the cd you where the only one i read that knew exactly what was going on even thoe i did the cd clean before i read the posts.
dark_breaka is offline   Reply With Quote