AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-03, 12:47   Link #41
SKEEZI
'da MAN

From those that I talked to & what I've seen (I don't know Japanese)...
Any group that translates this will need a very strong translator... on the same level as "laughing man" & whoever else worked on "ghost in the shell."

People like that are around since AonE, A-Kraze, and later LMF, Anime.fin (Starkad), KONSPIRA, etc. all worked on GITS.

Grab a raw, look, and decide for yourself.

Last edited by SKEEZI; 2004-11-05 at 13:39.
Old 2004-11-03, 15:35   Link #42
Enron
Banned

Zipang is full of technical jargon, whoever picks this up will either need to know some about military terminology/WW2 events, people, places, and equipment OR have someone on the staff who does.
Old 2004-11-03, 16:30   Link #43
AndrewLB
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to AndrewLB Send a message via AIM to AndrewLB Send a message via MSN to AndrewLB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enron
Zipang is full of technical jargon, whoever picks this up will either need to know some about military terminology/WW2 events, people, places, and equipment OR have someone on the staff who does.
Finally watched the full ep 1 today... My Japanese isn't that good to begin with, and I was fucking lost with this. I think I sorta got the jist of it (especially near the end, with the Yamato. Everyone knows the Yamato), but yeah, I can do easier shows like Elfen, not Zipang. Want to do a script for this though, it's good stuff.

Edit: Like the new avatar, by the way. And we should co-opt drago or dice into doing it, seriously.
Old 2004-11-04, 17:38   Link #44
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

SKEEZI, thanks for the tip

I just watched the raws for the first four episodes. This show kicks major ass.

Ep. 2 question:
Spoiler:

Ep. 4:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-04, 17:46   Link #45
stpehen
kisses for all

Spoiler for Episode 2 question:
Old 2004-11-04, 17:52   Link #46
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpehen
Spoiler for Episode 2 question:
Ah, you're right.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-04, 18:34   Link #47
Sairai_X

Was it that hard? I don't really remember it that way... If anything I was impressed by how much simplier it was compared to Silent Service, which was nightmarish.
Old 2004-11-04, 22:30   Link #48
Alterscape

Can I ask where you guys are getting your raws?
Old 2004-11-04, 23:11   Link #49
Enron
Banned

Winny. I assume thats where everyone else is getting it as well.
Old 2004-11-05, 00:34   Link #50
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

Nope, I got mine with emule. GHDpro always recommends emule, so I assume it's not against the rules to tell you how to get it. You need to install emule and get hooked up to a server. Then get the ed2k links from anidb.net and you should start getting the files, assuming kad is working.
Old 2004-11-05, 13:08   Link #51
SKEEZI
'da MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrem
Nope, I got mine with emule. GHDpro always recommends emule, so I assume it's not against the rules to tell you how to get it. You need to install emule and get hooked up to a server. Then get the ed2k links from anidb.net and you should start getting the files, assuming kad is working.
I'm new here, so don't know the rules well. I think from what I read that a MORE detailed discussion on how to get the raws is forbidden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa in da'RULES
Do not ask for other illegal materials either
Obviously discussions about getting any other illegal materials, such as Ripped Music CDs (such as Anime OSTs), Untranslated Anime (raws), ROMs, ISOs, Warez etc. are not allowed either. Threads which break this rule will be either closed or simply deleted.
Yes, I read them & I'm kind of confused about why a bittorrent site forbids discussion on how to get raws. ...or it is raws for licensed anime only? Maybe I'm overreading this?

Anyways, since there's a thread at the AnimeReactor forums <google & AR forum search>, I'd say any "open" discussion <They have rules too!> on the obtaining raws can go there.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Regarding the raws themselves, I think there are two sources. The one that RoomB15 <chinese fansubbers using softsubs... & I don't know chinese either!> is using probally different than the one durrem saw. The files are bigger and a little cleaner.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakaki-
Ok if anyone is interested in doing that series i can help with styling or something like that.
I hear Anime.Fin might do it if they get someone to translate.

Last edited by SKEEZI; 2004-11-05 at 14:21.
Old 2004-11-05, 16:03   Link #52
Soulfang
Inactive Member

I'm sure every group would like to do Zipang, and that's their problem exactly.
Old 2004-11-05, 17:45   Link #53
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

You would be wrong in that assumption. Multiple groups simply don't like the show. For example, even if Triad had a translator who didn't find the show ungodly boring, we still probably wouldn't work on it because of general lack of interest.
Old 2004-11-05, 19:20   Link #54
Enron
Banned

No little girls = Triad no touch.
Old 2004-11-05, 20:00   Link #55
SKEEZI
'da MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBrian
You would be wrong in that assumption. Multiple groups simply don't like the show. For example, even if Triad had a translator who didn't find the show ungodly boring, we still probably wouldn't work on it because of general lack of interest.
I don't think this thread would have made past the first page if that was the case. ... or you mean's Triad's lack of interest?
Old 2004-11-05, 20:39   Link #56
Greenish Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrem

Spoiler:
What was cool about that moon shot was that they used the right moon phase for that date in history (assuming my astronomy program is accurate). They didn't just stick in a random moon phase for the hell of it.

I get excited when I see a movie or anime use a historically accurate moon phase because it means that the storyteller is probably paying more attention to detail than most.
Old 2004-11-05, 21:17   Link #57
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKEEZI
I don't think this thread would have made past the first page if that was the case. ... or you mean's Triad's lack of interest?
I mean general lack of interest among the actual fansubbers I talk to. I know lots of people who are interested in the show -- none of them have the ability to do anything about it, though. Which seems to be representative of most of the contributers to this thread.

The fansubbers that I have spoken with who are interested in working on the show are few and far between. I am obviously not trying to make a blanket statement about all fansubbers everywhere -- I am speaking purely from what I have observed. I am just trying to give you insight into why I believe this show is continuing to go unsubbed, rather than random guesses and assumptions that may or may not have anything to do with reality.

(Actually, everything in this post is accurate, but now that I reread my previous post, I did in fact mean that there is a general lack of interest in Triad's case. Neither the translators nor anyone else really wants to work on the show.)
Old 2004-11-06, 23:43   Link #58
Crowley
A-Kraze QCer

Well, now that I know about it, I'm interested. Sadly, we're understaffed with our current load of projects.
Old 2004-11-08, 04:52   Link #59
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enron
No little girls = Triad no touch.
Yes, the best groups are pedo.
Old 2004-11-08, 11:08   Link #60
SKEEZI
'da MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfang
I'm sure every group would like to do Zipang, and that's their problem exactly.
I guess every group that would like to do Zipang, either is overextended or lacks an "available" translator capable enough to face the military/historical technobabble & funky accents issue.

So far, I know one group that's looking for a translator for Zipang.
(I won't say who... I can't speak for them).

... & I hear ep 5 has a bad cliff-hanger.

Last edited by SKEEZI; 2004-11-08 at 13:10. Reason: fixing stuff
Closed Thread