Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-19, 02:18   Link #261
hakisak
Banned

Location: Polishing Weapons...Btw,read "Until Death Do Us Part" ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Do you see the big flaw in your agument about Ichigo being dead?
No. I don't
And why is it alive? Because Kon is in it when he is not. So it has no chance to rot.
If his body got destroyed in the first episode/chapter and he used a gigai ever since, would you still say the same thing

Chain of fate is gone...He is dead.
Old 2009-01-19, 02:37   Link #262
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakisak View Post
@Langus...you are a teacher? What grade? (Teachers are underrated heroes)
That I am - history! W00t!

I currently teach/help teach second and third year University students. Hopefully a few years from now I'll be teaching history and english to high schoolers (and maybe even primary). Teaching, if you love it, is one of the best jobs a person can have. I can't even tell you how many good teacher I had as a kid who literally changed my life. If I can be that for some kid I think my life will have served a purpose.
Old 2009-01-19, 05:31   Link #263
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
I don't think thats correct. They have made it pretty clear, unless i've missed something, that the chain of fate is the determining factor of being "dead" or "alive"

When did they say gigi's were made of rubber? Why would rukia bleed if it were made out of rubber? The other death gods couldn't get out of their gigi without the soul candy either so i'm not sure what you are were trying to prove with bringing that up.
I don't mean rubber as in rubber, thats why I put quotation marks around it. I mean it as being synthetic. Its not living tissue.

As far as her bleeding is concerned... theres only one possible answer. Its a cartoon? I mean why do souls ( shinigami's, etc ) bleed? Its just because.

@Langus, My dad has been a math teacher for 20+ years. And my younger sister is currently in college finishing up her degree in elementary education.
Old 2009-01-19, 06:21   Link #264
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
@Langus, My dad has been a math teacher for 20+ years. And my younger sister is currently in college finishing up her degree in elementary education.
That's awesome! Though I feel sorry for your Dad. I couldn't handle spending that many years of my life studying math. Eugh... It's just not my thing. Any plans to go into education yourself?
Old 2009-01-19, 07:41   Link #265
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
why do souls ( shinigami's, etc ) bleed?
Souls bleed when struck by a zanpakuto, translated as Soul cutter (duuuh xD) and think of gigais like the full-metal alchemist ones, they create human bodies with no "soul" and then they put a soul inside and poof! it starts working^^
In bleach, death means your spirit form being slain or eaten, the only questionable part about this would be a Quincy's power, since he doesn't use his soul or any part of it to fight.
Okay, to keep it back on topic, I think I haven't seen any HiyoriXshinji for far too long...
Old 2009-01-19, 11:31   Link #266
hakisak
Banned

Location: Polishing Weapons...Btw,read "Until Death Do Us Part" ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by HassenSekkai View Post
HiyoriXshinji for far too long...
Oh god no...

It's akin to pedophilia...I don't care how old she is.

Totally Crack.
Old 2009-01-19, 11:48   Link #267
Scarlett_Rain55

So what if Ichigo's dead or not. Doesn't make Rukia's chances of scoring with him any higher.
Old 2009-01-19, 12:34   Link #268
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
That's awesome! Though I feel sorry for your Dad. I couldn't handle spending that many years of my life studying math. Eugh... It's just not my thing. Any plans to go into education yourself?
Nah I'm already doing my career. Although now and then I part time teaching life drawing. In fact, I'm doing a class this semester.
Old 2009-01-19, 15:07   Link #269
Ichigo&Rukia

...Who cares if he is dead or alive?
God, it doesn't matter if Rukia's and Ichigo's worlds are 1000000 km apart, it doesn't matter if Byakuya lover Ichigo to no end or not, it doesn't matter if she's dead and he's alive, it doesn't matter if she's 10659 times his age-NOBODY and nothing can forbid them to have feelings for each other. And same goes for IchiOri, and any other couple.
Do you all think Ichigo will look at Rukia/Orihime and say "well i'm alive/dead and she isn't therefore I won't feel anything for her *immediately stops having any feelings*"
Old 2009-01-19, 15:14   Link #270
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Because if she's dead then Ichigo won't be cheating on her if he goes with Orihime. Purely legal stuff
Old 2009-01-19, 16:24   Link #271
Sinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I don't mean rubber as in rubber, thats why I put quotation marks around it. I mean it as being synthetic. Its not living tissue.

As far as her bleeding is concerned... theres only one possible answer. Its a cartoon? I mean why do souls ( shinigami's, etc ) bleed? Its just because.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. You are making an assumption that a Gigi isn't living tissue yet it bleeds, feels, and functions as one. You know what they say, if it looks like a duck, acts like a duck and talks like a duck, its a duck. The only real apparent difference between a real body and a gigi seems to be how they are created. Yet we also know that Rukia almost became a human in that very fake body. Regardless, Kubo has made it clear, some one dies as a human when their chain of fate is cut. That is only qualification for death. (As far as I know, if there is something else feel free to point me to somewhere in the manga) IF that is the case, then Ichigo dead.
Old 2009-02-01, 12:33   Link #272
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

lol, Hey Amir, tell OD I had a good laugh. I always enjoy a good joke.
Old 2009-02-01, 13:58   Link #273
Langus
Optimus Prime

Interesting post from OD.

HT: WEAK.
Old 2009-02-01, 14:18   Link #274
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Interesting post from OD.

HT: WEAK.
Back at ya
Old 2009-02-01, 14:44   Link #275
Langus
Optimus Prime

It at least dignifies an outraged response from your side

Are you losing your touch?

Or maybe her evidence is just a little TOO convincing this time around... Hmmm...
Old 2009-02-01, 15:01   Link #276
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
It at least dignifies an outraged response from your side

Are you losing your touch?

Or maybe her evidence is just a little TOO convincing this time around... Hmmm...
Nah, not losing my touch. Anyone with half a brain can tell its another of OD's halfbaked stories. No offense OD, you know I love you So there's no need for me to spend my time breaking it down.
Old 2009-02-01, 15:17   Link #277
Langus
Optimus Prime

Hahaha that's convenient.
Old 2009-02-01, 15:18   Link #278
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Hahaha that's convenient.
But of course
Old 2009-02-01, 15:28   Link #279
Sinta

In the Legal world we call that a default judgement.
Old 2009-02-01, 16:48   Link #280
Scarlett_Rain55

I still don't see why people thought Ichigo was just fighting Ulquiorra to get to Rukia. If he did he would've ran to her like he's trying to get to ORIHIME's safety in the manga right now despite Ulquiorra constantly blocking his path to her. So it's crystal clear that he valued Orihime's honor over Rukia's rotting corpse. Which was pretty OOC for him.

I would've done the same thing if my friend was dying anyways, so I don't see that scene as an act of love at all.

Everything else OD said. Typical points and comparisons that Kubo probably doesn't even know he is doing.
Closed Thread