AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-01-08, 09:56   Link #1
Nitherius

Gundam Seed season3?

As the titel says , will there be a new Gundam Seed series coming out ?
I love the serie and well , another one would be great
Nitherius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 10:01   Link #2
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

*Sighs*

An original SEED movie that continues from GSD is in production and will be released sometime in a not-too distant future. Probably by 2008.

As for if anything further than that...that'll have to depend on how the movie turns out.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 10:53   Link #3
Red-Winged Angel
A Fallen Male Angel

Send a message via MSN to Red-Winged Angel Send a message via Yahoo to Red-Winged Angel
personally i love Gundam seed (season 1) but i have not seen Destiny yet.. i am hoping to see it very soon...but anyways.. i heard about the movie to and i heard that it will be release soon as well but the date has eluded me lol...
Old 2007-01-08, 19:59   Link #4
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
*Sighs*

An original SEED movie that continues from GSD is in production and will be released sometime in a not-too distant future. Probably by 2008.

As for if anything further than that...that'll have to depend on how the movie turns out.
Judging from the rampant rumors and the official "confirmations" 2007-2008 is reserved for the Seiji Mizushima Gundam. And Sunrise is not likely to do a Seed right after it ends either... So its 2009 at least.

And if the new Gundam does well, or if they decide to make a TV series of Fukui's Gundam (which is doubtful after the latest interviews) I doubt they'll even do another Seed until long, long after this.
Old 2007-01-09, 00:10   Link #5
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

Here's my take: If there's going to be a new Gundam series, hopefully, it is NOT another SEED sequel, considering on how Destiny turned out.

It is about that we get out of the Cosmic Era and settle for something new and fresh.

But, IF in case there would really be another series sequel, I just hope it will not be the same as Destiny...
dspr8_rugged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 00:29   Link #6
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Unfortunately, I've been so immersed in SEED I am not exactly ready for something new.

Sad... but true.

Besides, they came out with that abomination known as Gundam ZZ. If the UC universe is allowed to continue after that fiasco, I don't see any reason why SEED would not be considered.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2007-01-09 at 00:43.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 03:00   Link #7
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

ZZ is a bad comparison. Regardless of what everyone said during the old days of GSD like boycotting the series mid-way, watching invokes barfing, etc, the ratio of people who watched Destiny and ZZ are probably 10 : 1.

Being immersed in SEED is not sad and wishing for a SEED movie sequel is not wrong in a rhetorical sense, regardless of how uncool it is to enjoy (( enjoy, not neccesarily deem it best anime ever )) SEED.

Likewise, apparently it's cool to think that Fukuda is the shittiest director in existence, (( disregarding every other anime he's directed...even SEED lol )) and that Cosmic Era should just die or pull a Victory-ish major timeskip.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-01-09, 03:52   Link #8
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

And a majority of the people that hate ZZ probably didn't watch it past the first 18 episodes, when it actually started to get good.
Old 2007-01-09, 07:53   Link #9
M L Monster
三尉

Ironically the number of Fukuda bashing made Fukuda famous among the Gundam fans mostly in a bad way.

I myself never cared much about names of the director like Fukuda or Tomino until the bashing
M L Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 08:00   Link #10
HEDGESMFG
Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
And a majority of the people that hate ZZ probably didn't watch it past the first 18 episodes, when it actually started to get good.
Quoted for truth... if for no other reason than the fact that I've known hardcore fans who have done exactly that.

...and I think it's a shame that they miss some fairly decent classic Gundam after that point ;P
HEDGESMFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 09:00   Link #11
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Personally, I liked ZZ more than Zeta...*raises Zeta = Jesus Christ of Gundam flame shield* even if I find the romance side of ZZ as bad as GSD's. Actually, Zeta wasn't so good on that account either.

Doesn't change the fact that UC has it's own share of ups-and-lows. (( Well, some can argue it's all perfect, but it's opinionated so whatever. ))

Old 2007-01-09, 09:47   Link #12
Red-Winged Angel
A Fallen Male Angel

Send a message via MSN to Red-Winged Angel Send a message via Yahoo to Red-Winged Angel
I have not seen ZZ or Zeta luckily, or maybe not luckily I dont know, yet one of the worst gundam's series that I have seen would be 'G Gundam". The storyline was ok, altho the Gundams were cool, I would have to say that it just sucked in general
Old 2007-01-09, 10:07   Link #13
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Well, it isn't really Fukuda's fault, although he could've done more to prevent his wife from hijacking the show...

Anyways, a season three would be nice, but only if they avoid the pitfalls of the last 10 eps of GSD. And I'll easily forgive Fukuda if he gives us more Destiny Gundam (or better yet, an upgrade! XD )

On ZZ: It wasn't up to the caliber of Zeta, but it really isn't as bad as most people would word it... although yes, there is room for a LOT of improvement.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 10:18   Link #14
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Well, I swallowed through the entire session of ZETA and ZZ. I think I deserve a purple heart for that attempt. I wade through the lame revival of whatshisface and a rather blend ending in ZZ, yet I still can't figure out why whatshisface never made it to CCA.

It seems that I never really liked the original Gundam either. Probably because I watched Macross (the original) first before I got my hands on Gundam, which at the time appeared to be in between super-robot and real-robot. Not exactly my favorite combination, I am afraid.

I still have to say, the UC OVAs were just that much better.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2007-01-09 at 11:36.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 18:01   Link #15
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
If there would be a season 3, I just hope it shows or demonstrates the full potential of each of the main MS, especially the new Justice. I also wanna see Strike Freedom in a fight where it gets trashed (but not necessarily lose) like the stock Freedom did.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 20:04   Link #16
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

the third series have huge potential in my view, you could make great story out of it. All they have to do is kill some of the old cast member like Lacus.
Old 2007-01-09, 20:16   Link #17
Gundam Zero Force

:: SIGH ::

I haven't even seen anything from Gundam Seed yet . . . . I am going to be so far behind if ANOTHER SEED Series comes out . . .

I wonder why they don't try soemthing new . . . yes I have heard Seed is popular . . by so many Gundam Series have to have a coordinator/genetic enhanced person a the main Character??? Why don't they make the Hero a normal person . . . I don't know . . .I could relate to the Character more maybe . . . . but I have to SEED first before I judge
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 21:42   Link #18
_X12A_Testament

Whats the story on the Seiji Mizushima Gundam project? Is this official?

I wonder if they would continue a past AU timeline into a new series instead of create another new universe. A future Gundam W universe could be cool, and that seems like a plausable option.
_X12A_Testament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 04:59   Link #19
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

^not plausible when you have Mobile suits dissappear and never to be seen again...

The only Plausible AU to continue are most probably AW or FC...
Old 2007-01-10, 08:15   Link #20
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X12A_Testament View Post
Whats the story on the Seiji Mizushima Gundam project? Is this official?
No, but Moonphase wrote something about it long ago and it resurfaced recently again (discussed here). Most rumors have this taking the old Gundam Seed slot in October (after "Terra he..."--or what would have been Ayakashi Ayashi had it not been canceled--finishes airing}

And officially, Bandai's CGO/President has confirmed that the next Gundam series will be based on a totally new universe targeted at a new audience. (discussed here)

So whoever directs the next Gundam, it would probably start in 10/2007 and end 9/2008. If it doesn't, then that would push the next Seed series even further back.

And no. The AU's in Japan are more than a decade old and fairly obscure nowadays (known only to Gundam fanatics) so Bandai/Sunrise have nothing to gain in making sequels to those shows. Better to start from a clean slate and go from there if they wish to appeal to new fanbases.