Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-17, 16:31   Link #61
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
Paku Romi is definitely a talented woman. How can the punk girl Nana Osaki (NANA) and this sexy lady have the same voice actor?!
Her range is quite impressive. I've seen her in so many roles over the years, and i've been absloutly blown away by each one of them. No wonder she's my number one favorite voice actress.

Quote:
Now I like Miyano Mamoru and admit he has talent, but I don't think he's suited for Kuro at all. He's too... "young". I think someone older with deeper voice would be better.
When i first read up on the series, i was a little bit surprised to see Miyano was chosen, though it's a good chance for him to try out new roles.

A good to see you're still alive Lilith.
Old 2008-10-17, 18:26   Link #62
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Her range is quite impressive. I've seen her in so many roles over the years, and i've been absloutly blown away by each one of them. No wonder she's my number one favorite voice actress. When i first read up on the series, i was a little bit surprised to see Miyano was chosen, though it's a good chance for him to try out new roles....
The last role she had was the little brother in Itazura na Kiss. Lol. Yeah, maybe that's acting range. Actually, her Nana is one of my favorite seiyuu performances all-time. Real emotion.

So far, I'm liking the admittedly youngish voice of Mamo-chan. I can take it seriously. Clearly, things are going to change now, however. We'll see how things work from now on.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 09:51   Link #63
vspirit
...huh?

Quote:
Now I like Miyano Mamoru and admit he has talent, but I don't think he's suited for Kuro at all. He's too... "young". I think someone older with deeper voice would be better.

I only watched episode 1. The man hung upside down who Kuromitsu was "licking" is Benkei?
While there are times when I think he doesn't seem like the best choice for a role (i.e.: Alucard in Castlevania Radio), I thought he suited Kuro just fine. Kuro does seem very young to me age-wise; my guess when I was reading the manga was that he wasn't even twenty at the beginning of the story.

And no, I don't think it's Benkei, cos he was outside with that guy in onmyouji garb watching Kuromitsu's place burn, remember?
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 20:26   Link #64
Shadow Kira01

This seems to be the vampire and yousei version of "Tales of Genji". Though I didn't play too much of the game, but Kurozuka seems to be similar to Claymore in a way, its pretty good.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 20:58   Link #65
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

I didn't know that the NANA seiyuu was in this! I couldn't tell at all. She must be very talented.
phishn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 21:21   Link #66
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I dont know how this show passed by me . As I speak I am downloading this torrent everything about this show feels awesome esp the vampire theme part ^o^
Old 2008-10-18, 22:09   Link #67
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishn37 View Post
I didn't know that the NANA seiyuu was in this! I couldn't tell at all. She must be very talented.
PAKU Romi won the first annual seiyuu award for best actress, for Nana (rocker Nana). She grew up in Japan, but her parents are Korean. Here's a blog piece I did about her. She's 36. Her last role was as a ten-year-old boy.

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-10-19, 04:00   Link #68
vspirit
...huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Here's a blog piece I did about her. She's 36. Her last role was as a ten-year-old boy.
Haha! Thanks for that. She's a real riot, isn't she?
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 21:41   Link #69
neoeagle

man the gore is annyoing me. 75% of anime was blood bath.episode 3 better has a meaning cause i am getting sick of people choping each others head.
neoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 23:17   Link #70
kamikazex

ep2 was frikkin awesome.... finally answering some questions and getting into real time
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 05:53   Link #71
pparker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
PAKU Romi won the first annual seiyuu award for best actress, for Nana (rocker Nana). She grew up in Japan, but her parents are Korean. Here's a blog piece I did about her. She's 36. Her last role was as a ten-year-old boy.
Nice article, thanks. Kugimiya Rie was my favorite (still #2) until I bought the FMA movie on DVD and heard Paku Romi's commentary and watched the interviews. She is so funny and playful there, and obviously clever, I fell in love. That yuri bit with Kugimiya is classic and is alone worth the price of the DVD.

In Kurozuka, I was a bit confused with what seemed to be jumping timelines in ep 02, and the characters weren't as clearly differentiated (art-wise anyway, didn't know who "someone" was until the end), but it was late, have to watch again. Can't say I liked ep 02 as well as 01, just seemed again somewhat jumbled and the art maybe a bit less impressive. The first ep just blew me away. I understand where the story is going from reading summaries, so that will keep me watching. Just hope we don't see too little of Kuromitsu. She definitely makes the series for me so far.
pparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 06:37   Link #72
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

That was a lovely piece of mind rape.
Spoiler for Episode 02:
Old 2008-10-20, 09:47   Link #73
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The art is really good and has that crisp feel to it as opposed to being cliche . The backgrounds the color scheme or environment is vibrant in color watching the background kind of remind you of the exuberance of spring gushing on you . The array of colors used blast you leaving you stunned but wanting more .

I did not like the op all that much loved the scenes in it, but didn't quite enjoy the music . Maybe the op will grow on me hope so . The initial few minutes or rushes give you the feeling of watching Ninja scroll in 2008 . The action is handled quite well props to the director . The story is complex its a mix of old world samurai with hints of horror can exactly classify into a specific genre .The intimacy romance is handled beautifully with again backgrounds used to justify emotions .

Kuromitsu is most stunning character I have seen in quite a while . This show has all the element of being a 5 star show romance action drama and suspense . The next episode will tell if the show can sustain the level of interest it has established with the very first episode .
Old 2008-10-21, 06:54   Link #74
slidingk1

Wow how can this be so under the radar for so many people amazing bit of anime. I'm getting serious Ninja Scroll vibes here from the character design or am I alone on that???
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 07:01   Link #75
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidingk1 View Post
Wow how can this be so under the radar for so many people amazing bit of anime. I'm getting serious Ninja Scroll vibes here from the character design or am I alone on that???
Somehow I remember Basilisk From the character design
Old 2008-10-21, 07:14   Link #76
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidingk1 View Post
Being a Madhouse production, it should not surprising to see the influence of Yoshiaki Kawajiri crawling in Kurozuka.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 08:51   Link #77
Thingle
Banned

I think that the time jump ruined ep.2

It was hitting all cylinders until Kuro-sama woke up in the 21st century. I was like, WTF?! Would we get to see more vampire chick?
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 09:12   Link #78
slidingk1

I know this might sound wrong but I hope they don't follow the Manga on the anime adaptation. The theme of the manga is great and all with epic blood baths but a few major things can use a good twist. BTW the manga is fully translated for those that want to dig it up.
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 09:15   Link #79
Thingle
Banned

Nvm, I just didn't get enough of teh secks.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 13:38   Link #80
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ep3: the hits just keep on coming. I thought I liked the past. The future is a trip, too. Well written. Well directed. Great backgrounds. Good animation. Even in the little streamed version. All that plus Fujiwara Keiji and Kuwashima Houko. The sleeper hit of the season, so far. And this isn't even a genre I usually like. If this fits into any genre. Vampire historical science-fiction bloodbath romance?

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-10-21 at 13:51.

Tags
madhouse, vampire