Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-25, 17:39   Link #101
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
Many yuri fanboys also claimed Maria-sama ga Miteru is a yuri but I don't think so. MariMite is a shoujo, not seinen like most yuri shows. While I love both Marimite and Strawberry Panic but those two shouldn't be alike. Strawberry Panic is a seinen show that exclusivly made for men and women should stay away from it like men on yaoi shows. I knew some women are actually found it interesting as much as men look on yaoi shows in same way.
That is a misconception. Yuri roots has always been shoujo i.e. Onisama E, Revolutionary girl Utena, The Rose of Versailles etc., only now is it making it into mainstream Seinen as mainly fanservice and comedy. There is quite a difference between yuri fanservice and a yuri show. Marimite is mainly shoujo with subtle yuri undertones but it far more yuri than something like Mariaholic which is mainly a parody where the yuri is almost completely played for laughs with no real seriousness.

Also everyone has different tastes. Some girls might very well enjoy both Yaoi or Yuri or one or the other and the same goes for guys. Just cause a show is aimed towards guys or aimed towards girls doesn't mean that the other gender can't enjoy it nonetheless. I enjoy quite a few shoujo anime and manga.
Old 2009-03-03, 13:22   Link #102
Amray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fweakin View Post
That said, there are WAAAAAY too many sterotypical fans of both genres. The "KyAa!!!1onetwo Kowaiiiiii desu" yaoi fangirls and the "I wish I was a lesbian" fanboys. There are evils on both sides.
That is to be expected, alas this is a forum that seeps with the scent of desperate, adolescent males and females alike. It is perfectly natural to think such things at a young age where people lack in experience.

I would personally be more shocked if an individual over the age of 15 did not have the odd urge to look at video clips of two girls sharing the same lollipop and other such things. What is more is that, obviously, these people are all anime and manga fans and therefore enjoy to watch and read about drawings fulfilling their sexual desires. It is just a phase that people go through when becoming an adult.

Anyway, I did not know that there was such a stereotype about typical males wishing that they were lesbians, I thought that was just me. I am sure that this fantasy crosses the minds of many men nevertheless.
Old 2009-04-29, 17:50   Link #103
yurilover

i am a girl i love yuri very much because the girls in anime are cute if they acte like boys or sty girls

for me i love watch cute girls in love in anime but
i am married to a man in other words
i dont feel in love with girls in real life i love the girls in anime
Old 2009-04-30, 11:07   Link #104
KimmyChan

From a girl's point of view, I much prefer yuri aswell if I were to choose between the two personally
Old 2009-05-01, 07:36   Link #105
Chibola

Cool Yuri!

Well, true, the female audience is pretty much into Yaoi(my friends, girls, are into yaoi.... crazy yaoi fangirls) Which is why I'm starting to wonder if maybe, possibly, I couldbe the weird one of the bunch, since I'm mor einto Yuri (being a girl, as well) And I think Yaoi is just downright creepy/ disturbing/ eek! But that's my own opinion, I think girl/girl relationships are purer, but who am I to judge? I mean, then I would be some sort of feminist, it's not like I hate guys or anything, that's just me. I think yaoi deserves the same treatment, but, personally, yuri rocks my world . So, in short, I'm not really sure who wins. Yaoi is preferred by the female otaku audience, while guys are more into yuri becaues most are lolicons and that rows their boats(Konata and Kagami make a really cute couple, btw). I think the reason of why there are many yuri stories out thre is because girl stories don't offer much service, and probably only angst (I like the angst, who cares about service?) And while you can get two guys naked, covering only their lower parts, you have to take into accoutn that girls have a "chest" so they can't do much in their yuri stories but daydream, get all weapy, and, as I'd said before, angst. I tried to get myself to like Yaoi, but I guess the heart wants what the heart wants.

Thanks for posting this thread/topic, I've been wantign to discuss Yaoi and Yuri matters for awhile now.
Old 2009-05-01, 07:41   Link #106
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

I'm not really into either though I find Loveless kinda cute. I have a guy friend who likes yaoi. Anyone think it's weird? XD

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Old 2009-05-01, 07:49   Link #107
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, as a guy, I can handle hints of yaoi. Just don't have them do the horizontal mambo, and I think I'll be fine.
Old 2009-05-01, 09:35   Link #108
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
What shall I say? I could not seriously watch yaoi, so it is yuri of course.
I am not gay and that's good.
Old 2009-05-01, 21:54   Link #109
LeviathanDarkly
ℳℴℯ❤

Yuri of course, and if it's loli it's even better!
Old 2009-05-02, 11:28   Link #110
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hs Vi Germania View Post
What shall I say? I could not seriously watch yaoi, so it is yuri of course.
I am not gay and that's good.
So youŕe saying that itś only possible for gay guys to be fond of yaoi?

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Old 2009-05-02, 11:47   Link #111
Anisha93

I like yuri because i find it very cute and kinda sweet although i hate those with explicit scenes.

Last edited by Anisha93; 2009-05-03 at 00:21.
Old 2009-05-02, 12:17   Link #112
RhapsodyInBlue
lolwut?

I like yuri but there aren't that many yuri anime compared to yaoi.
Old 2009-07-20, 08:10   Link #113
Fate21
Kiyu~

I think a guy likes yaoi isn't weird(for me) because after all some girls are into yuri as well, you know.
I myself into yuri, i don't really like yaoi and sometimes yaoi anime has many fanservice, it's quite ugh (i'm not offended anyone okay) and compare to that yuri is more sweet and purer. Haha even though i said that i myself read Princess Princess(BL) manga, because the story is good and didn't ugh me very much.
Old 2009-07-21, 04:48   Link #114
White Lady
Dryad of death

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning
Send a message via Yahoo to White Lady
Well I personally like Yaoi. I guess it is so in most cases that girls go for Yaoi and Yuri for guys.Ofcourse there always exceptions.
Old 2009-07-21, 06:18   Link #115
othera

As a guy, I havn't really watched either, Though I highly like Yuri as it is more "cute" to me, For example the needless ED(youtube it : D) looks extremely cute to me, I'd love to watch something like that(though the series is not actually yuri)

Tbh I am a bit girly, I love everything cute and I would probably watch yaoi and yuri, however there are other things that take priority : D

And from what it seems most girls like yuri, some like yaoi, i dont know any guys that (admit)like yaoi and only a few that like yuri(which i find odd)
Old 2009-07-21, 06:42   Link #116
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I like yuri, because I find it incredibly cute. Something subtle like K-ON! (MugiMugiMyon!) works pretty well though.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-07-21, 09:04   Link #117
wjr
JiRo
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to wjr
Hmm i would pretty much say one picture of Yaoi could turn me off all the way =.=. Episode one of Loveless cooked me and i stop watching.

I Prefer Yuri though amazing context on how they act.

Otome Wa Boku ni Koishiteru - Even though hes a guy (disguised girl) Other girls likes him XD amazing and funny i wud say.
Old 2009-07-21, 14:18   Link #118
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Yaoi, It's just a god given fact it's better. The heavens decreed it and I listened

Really, I prefer Yaoi. Most Yuri creeps me out with it's loli tendencies of having two girls who look like their 8 getting all riled up over one and another. Seems to be more pedophilia stuff than so for my tastes. Not to say all of it is, nor is Yaoi absent from it either. Just seems to be more heavily focused in Yuri.
Old 2009-07-21, 15:17   Link #119
killer911
Hikikomori

I prefer yuri, probably because I'm a guy. I was reluctant to read a yuri doujin that my friend wanted me to read. She kept annoying me, so I took a look. Thats when I became a fan.
Old 2009-07-21, 15:45   Link #120
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Ah, since I'm a straight dude, yuri naturally is more preferred. Though I've never seen a good yuri anime, it seems like the ones that I've come across spend too much time saying OMG OMG they're lesbians! Certainly there's more to these people than that? But then I probaly am not into romance stuff very much. Usually if yuri is a secondary plot element I find that somewhat more enjoyable. As per wiki "yuri as an additional element"

In any case, it'd be nice to know of gay/lesbian characters who aren't insanely stereotypical (hypersexual, looks too much like the other gender). Anytime they draw a dude too much like a chick or vice versa, I just burst out in laughter.
Closed Thread

Tags
yaoi, yuri