AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-11-06, 22:20   Link #1441
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Putin Appears with Trump in Flurry of Swing-State Rallies
Trying tinfoil hat...
Old 2016-11-06, 23:11   Link #1442
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
By the letter of the law what Comey did is illegal too - it's in violation of the Hatch Act. But then, Trump has definitively committed treason at least four times during the general election campaign and I don't see any charges coming from that.
I think Comey would have some level of deniability as his original letter did say that the e-mails may mean nothing. Sure its was obvious that the vagueness of his statement would allow listeners to assume the worst of Clinton, but a judge could base his judgement over Comey's exact words. However if the Dem's force the issue, Comey could end up resigning just to get out of facing charges

Granted, not so sure how hard Clinton would want to go after Comey if she's elected. She is subjected to so many accusations of corruption that going after the FBI that went after her could easily be painted as her abusing her power as one of her first acts of president... its much like Trump's threat to hire a special prosecutor to go after her. Sure Clinton might have reason to get rid of Comey, but the last thing her presidency needs is MORE accusations of corruption. Honestly i can't imagine how many times we'll have to hear about calls for her impeachment. It will be a LONG 4 years, and then we have to deal with re-election... i for one hope she chooses not to pursue a second term just to spare us another round of this inane drama.
Old 2016-11-06, 23:18   Link #1443
Newhope

And new wikileaks dump this time from the DNC, and what a surprise both the woman hater and Russian ties both cooked up by the DNC

Also proof of Robert Creamer and DNC coordinating.
Old 2016-11-07, 02:15   Link #1444
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The new leak reveals that the Clintons had Vince Foster whacked, looks like. Wikileaks has been under a cyber attack ever since.
Old 2016-11-07, 02:15   Link #1445
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
FBI also concluded that Trump has no ties to Russia at all.
Old 2016-11-07, 03:06   Link #1446
Ithekro
The Comet has Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The new leak reveals that the Clintons had Vince Foster whacked, looks like. Wikileaks has been under a cyber attack ever since.
That's been rumored for over 20 years now, and one of any number of reasons there are so many people who have absolutely no trust for the Clintons, and feel that somehow they can pull off being above the law.

Though I am not sure how powerful one has to be, or how many powerful friends one must have, or how much dirt someone must have on someone else in order to be above the law to that extent..
Old 2016-11-07, 03:33   Link #1447
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Illuminati confirmed guys .

In any case the real email story in my view is things like this:

https://twitter.com/thomasav/status/795497543727808513

Shows the heart she has that doesn't get talked about enough. She does truly have good intentions.
Old 2016-11-07, 03:51   Link #1448
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

One moment of decency does not forgive a lifetime of wickedness.
Old 2016-11-07, 04:06   Link #1449
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm a lot more optimistic about Clinton's chances than Nate Silver. Without New Hampshire I have her at 269, but that excludes Nevada, Ohio, North Carolina, Florida and Iowa from her column. Early voting data suggests she'll take Nevada, and I believe she'll win Florida and North Carolina as well. Trump's get-out-the-vote machinery is a "disaster" while Clinton has many of the same people that ran Obama's remarkable efforts in 2008 and 2012.

http://www.politicsbythenumbers.org/...-mean-a-thing/

My model for national polling has her up by about five points on Tuesday. In 2012 polling indicated the race was tied; Obama won by four points. Again I'd attribute a lot of that difference to his "ground game."

"House effects" measure how individual polling organizations differ from the overall consensus. The line in the graph is the consensus. There has been a slow pro-Trump trend in polling since June, but that trend is overwhelmed by the effects of events.
Interesting chart. I don't really trust poll data that shows wild swings though, because that's more likely to be measurement error that reflects people preferring not to respond to polls when a scandal hits their preferred candidates as opposed to a change in voting decisions, thereby leading to non-response bias. Of course, the problem with that criticism is that there is no efficient solution to dealing with that bias other than to make strong assumptions about voting demographics.

Early voting data is more accurate in the sense that it samples people who have actually voted, though it in turn suffers from bias towards the preferences of early voters. As pointed out by 538, this bias is greatly reduced in states that have high proportions of early voters, of which Nevada is one of them. 538 concluded on this basis that Trump has likely lost Nevada.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

Old 2016-11-07, 04:50   Link #1450
TinyRedLeaf
Feeling comfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm a lot more optimistic about Clinton's chances than Nate Silver. Without New Hampshire I have her at 269, but that excludes Nevada, Ohio, North Carolina, Florida and Iowa from her column. Early voting data suggests she'll take Nevada, and I believe she'll win Florida and North Carolina as well. Trump's get-out-the-vote machinery is a "disaster" while Clinton has many of the same people that ran Obama's remarkable efforts in 2008 and 2012.

http://www.politicsbythenumbers.org/...-mean-a-thing/

My model for national polling has her up by about five points on Tuesday. In 2012 polling indicated the race was tied; Obama won by four points. Again I'd attribute a lot of that difference to his "ground game."

"House effects" measure how individual polling organizations differ from the overall consensus. The line in the graph is the consensus. There has been a slow pro-Trump trend in polling since June, but that trend is overwhelmed by the effects of events.
By this point, there is nothing more to say other than:

FOR GOODNESS' SAKE, ALL YOU AMERICANS, PLEASE VOTE WISELY TOMORROW!!!

Old 2016-11-07, 05:51   Link #1451
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Americans will do what they have to do.

I am just more interested in finding out exactly how many Trump supporters there really ARE. The numbers would be enlightening.
Old 2016-11-07, 06:02   Link #1452
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
FBI also concluded that Trump has no ties to Russia at all.
Relaxe...it's the humor part of that site.

Quote:
One moment of decency does not forgive a lifetime of wickedness.
Trump had one moment of decency?
Old 2016-11-07, 06:16   Link #1453
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasoras View Post
Regardless of who wins the election(I don't care who is pres), I just hope jill stein get 5% for the funding.
Does this mean 5% of all voters or 5% of voters in a state of the 50? And when she does get so much, would that be the start of a real third party in America which actually does have some chance to win a state/senator seat/delegates to break up the two party system?
Old 2016-11-07, 06:16   Link #1454
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Trump had one moment of decency?
Yes.
Old 2016-11-07, 07:36   Link #1455
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So, he was really for one time e decent human being. And that to a Jewish boy?! Unbelievable.
Old 2016-11-07, 07:45   Link #1456
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Trump has never been an anti-semite. Some of his supporters might be, but not him. Known examples are when he fought tooth and nail to allow Jews into his golf club, and when he carried out real estate development in a Jewish suburb that had not received much priority from local government. Neither of these can be said to be altruistic of course - it just highlights the well-known saying that the only colour a capitalist cares about is green.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

Old 2016-11-07, 07:47   Link #1457
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
So, he was really for one time e decent human being. And that to a Jewish boy?! Unbelievable.
No one is 100% evil. Hitler once saved a Jewish doctor. (From his own Nazi Germany, but still.)
Old 2016-11-07, 09:22   Link #1458
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Trump has never been an anti-semite. Some of his supporters might be, but not him. Known examples are when he fought tooth and nail to allow Jews into his golf club, and when he carried out real estate development in a Jewish suburb that had not received much priority from local government. Neither of these can be said to be altruistic of course - it just highlights the well-known saying that the only colour a capitalist cares about is green.
True, but he doesn't say anything aginst those people either, the KKK for an example. So he is indirectly saying that he is OK with wat they are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
No one is 100% evil. Hitler once saved a Jewish doctor. (From his own Nazi Germany, but still.)
I know that. It just doesn't match with his current behavior that it made me a little perplexed.
Old 2016-11-07, 09:25   Link #1459
MCAL

Well Trump tried to cut of his nephew's healthcare as a petty act of revenge so I guess it all cancels out.

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/09/23/g...ls-497373.html

People unsurprisingly angry that Trump is a bigot. Details at 11.

By the way Trump is pedaling the silly "They couldn't have checked all the emails in that timeframe" bull. How can someone be this dumb?

Last edited by MCAL; 2016-11-07 at 10:09.
Old 2016-11-07, 11:02   Link #1460
Slayerx

Quote:
Had it ever occurred to you that Mathew Power might have been making a joke in poor taste? Something like; "What the conspiracy nuts are saying Clinton killed some other guy? Geez, i thought Vince Foster was the only guy she "killed"... In fact reading his e-mail, it actually does sounds like he was being sacrastic. These are not official government documents; they are personal e-mails; people make jokes, use slang and spout nonsense all the time when communicating privately.

And that's why no one is taking these wikileaks stories seriously. There is no solid evidence of any of their worst accusations. They have nothing more than vague suggestions that can be easily explained away with a simpler theory that does not involve conspiracy. They are taking e-mails with vague wording and just assuming the worst and not even bothering to try and figure out what the original context was.

Really it's just like that leak about John Oliver. They saw one e-mail about his team "working on something" and jumped to the conclusion that John olivier was working directly with the Clinton Campaign. Turns out, the thing he was "working on" was seeing if he could accept an invitation to be a celebrity guest/host at some event (he's a famous comedian; they do that kind of work ALL the time). But they didn't try to find that context; they saw "working on it" and just jumped to the worst possible conclusion they could imagine.

Heck that story about CNN is another one. The Conspiracy nuts look at those e-mails and say Wolf Blitzer task the DNC with coming up with questions and they have a whole e-mail thread discussion to "support" their claim. But y'know what's missing from that e-mail thread? PEOPLE FROM CNN. No one from CNN took part in that e-mail thread; it was all a discussion going on between DNC members. So where do the conspiracy nuts get the idea that Blitzer asked them for questions? No that's just the conclusion they come up with themselves. Could simply be the case that the DNC decided to send CNN some questions on their own volition just to see if they would accept them. In fact, since the interview never happened, we don't even know if CNN was even gonna use anything the DNC sent them. They could have simply ignored the DNC and left it at that. Hell even if CNN did ask them for questions, my first question would be asking whether or not CNN does that with everyone; as in, when Clinton is coming on, would they ask the RNC for questions. Taking into consideration the thoughts of the opposition actually sounds like journalist tactic; opposition might know something you don't, or might know questions that your viewers would be interested in hearing. You want to ask tough questions? get your questions from the other side. That's not collusion, that's getting outside opinions.

It only takes a small amount of critical thinking to explain away every conspiracy.