AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2017-12-16, 09:14   Link #2541
Twi

To be fair, a lot of pokmon premises are silly. Take this episode:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

But, yeah. The first few movies were amazing. Probably why the next one is copy Pokemon 2000.
Old 2017-12-17, 17:27   Link #2542
Vegard Aune

First few Pokémon movies being amazing, eh? Since you brought that up, I feel this might be relevant...

I haven't seen all the movies, but nothing I've seen in the later movies ever came even remotely close to the ending scene from the Lugia movie. (The Oracíon scene in Darkrai at least came close-ish though.) M20 does interest me a lot more than any of the XY movies did though... Although at the moment I utterly refuse to watch it because I am not watching the dub. Seriously, the Japanese soundtrack to that movie is like 95% remixes of nostalgic pieces from the Kanto and Johto era of the show, but the dub cut all of it except for the very last track. Also they removed Oracíon from the end credits. Which is a travesty.
Old 2017-12-18, 07:20   Link #2543
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Lol unlike with most other anime, I originally watched Pokemon in the dub, so the dub was welcome.

However, yeah... Pokemon has had silly premises, but they make them work because they go for comedy or absurdity.

In a movie trying to be epic, it needs to do more than that. Like, come on, the end of Pokemon 2000 really was amazing. That and movie 3 was also really good, if not sorta weird though. The last movie I liked was the mirage Pokemon one... sigh... Maybe they can surprise at some point and give us a Cipher movie? Why does Gamefreak seem to hate all of the stuff they've done with Coliseum and XD--those were some of the better plots outside of the mystery dungeon games IMO.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-18, 08:20   Link #2544
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Lol unlike with most other anime, I originally watched Pokemon in the dub, so the dub was welcome.
So did I, but back in the 4Kids era, a lot of Shinji Miyazaki's soundtrack was actually kept. I mean, they did change music, but they did it on a scene-by-scene basis, and I think every single piece Miyazaki wrote for the show back in the Kanto and Johto era played in the dub at least once... Though the movies were a different beast entirely; Movies 1, 2 and 3 had their entire soundtracks replaced. That said, the replacement scores for those movies were actually good. I mean, who doesn't love the English Lugia theme? From what I've seen of the dub recently, they cut pretty much all the Japanese music (like, a lot of episodes keep the episode title music and nothing else) and the replacement soundtrack sounds extremely cheap and uninspired. And honestly, that does seem to be the only major problem with the dub. Like, the writing is mostly accurate (aside from Team Rocket's dialogue for some reason), the voices are passable... it's just the music that kills it for me.

I mean, can anyone honestly say that not having this piece in the dub made the movie better? This is a really popular piece! It played in the climax of the very first episode! In the dub! For a movie that's clearly banking so heavily on nostalgia, the fact that they deliberately threw out the entire soundtrack when almost all of it consists of remixes of old stuff long-time viewers would actually have a lot of nostalgia for... I'd say the kindest way I can put it is that it's an absolutely terrible idea that really betrays how little the dub producers actually care.
Old 2017-12-19, 03:13   Link #2545
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
I mean, can anyone honestly say that not having this piece in the dub made the movie better? This is a really popular piece! It played in the climax of the very first episode! In the dub! For a movie that's clearly banking so heavily on nostalgia, the fact that they deliberately threw out the entire soundtrack when almost all of it consists of remixes of old stuff long-time viewers would actually have a lot of nostalgia for... I'd say the kindest way I can put it is that it's an absolutely terrible idea that really betrays how little the dub producers actually care.
Well, I don't disagree that much. For all of sun and moon I've watched the anime subtitled, but since this is Kanto, I was like... well... dub should be fine. It ended up being alright. It wasn't good enough to make watching the sub worth it to me--let me put it that way.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2017-12-19, 05:44   Link #2546
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Well, I don't disagree that much. For all of sun and moon I've watched the anime subtitled, but since this is Kanto, I was like... well... dub should be fine. It ended up being alright. It wasn't good enough to make watching the sub worth it to me--let me put it that way.
Well, I know a guy who plans on making an edit of I Choose You with the Japanese music reinserted in the dub, keeping only the remix of Jason Paige's Pokémon theme for what he called a "maximum nostalgia" version. Which from where I'm standing at least, means a version of the dub I can recommend to people.
Old 2017-12-27, 02:57   Link #2547
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Well, I know a guy who plans on making an edit of I Choose You with the Japanese music reinserted in the dub, keeping only the remix of Jason Paige's Pokémon theme for what he called a "maximum nostalgia" version. Which from where I'm standing at least, means a version of the dub I can recommend to people.
That makes sense. Even then, the movie wasn't amazing or anything though. I wish they actually made good movies, because the Pokemon world has so much potential that I bet they could if they actually cared about taking risks and changing up the formula.

Old 2017-12-28, 00:54   Link #2548
Twi

So, this is a thing that's happening next episode:

Old 2017-12-29, 18:18   Link #2549
grecefar

nothing to say after ending the arc, just going to skip the next couple of chapter.

happy for the new couple thought.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-29, 21:35   Link #2550
dragon213

how long do you guys think Sun and Moon will be?

Last edited by dragon213; 2017-12-29 at 23:29.
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-30, 23:26   Link #2551
Twi

Right up until Gen 8 comes out.

YouTube
Old 2017-12-31, 05:21   Link #2552
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Right up until Gen 8 comes out.
Which could potentially mean it has less than a year to go... There are things indicating that the Switch game (which will almost certainly be Gen 8) will come out this year...
I mean, for one thing there's only one Mythical Pokémon left for GameFreak to promote in the next movie, and they've never patched in new Pokémon to an existing game before despite frequent complaints from fans that players of XY and now regular Sun & Moon got shafted, what with how they could technically link up with ORAS or USUM, but if the other person had certain Pokémon in their team they would not be able to battle them...
Also there's just the pacing of the anime at the moment. We're just a little over one year into the series and Satoshi has already cleared two of the four Grand Trials, the Ultra Beast story that happened at the end of the game has already been adapted and Lilie's character-arc seems to have come full circle already. Admittedly that last point might not be as big a deal as she's just one of six main human characters in this show, and the others have had decidedly less development... Mao in particular has gotten basically nothing. Ever. But still, the story has moved unusually fast, and it's making me feel like OLM are rushing to get through all the stuff they want to do before the Switch game comes out.
Old 2018-01-15, 17:11   Link #2553
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Which could potentially mean it has less than a year to go... There are things indicating that the Switch game (which will almost certainly be Gen 8) will come out this year...
I mean, for one thing there's only one Mythical Pokémon left for GameFreak to promote in the next movie, and they've never patched in new Pokémon to an existing game before despite frequent complaints from fans that players of XY and now regular Sun & Moon got shafted, what with how they could technically link up with ORAS or USUM, but if the other person had certain Pokémon in their team they would not be able to battle them...
Also there's just the pacing of the anime at the moment. We're just a little over one year into the series and Satoshi has already cleared two of the four Grand Trials, the Ultra Beast story that happened at the end of the game has already been adapted and Lilie's character-arc seems to have come full circle already. Admittedly that last point might not be as big a deal as she's just one of six main human characters in this show, and the others have had decidedly less development... Mao in particular has gotten basically nothing. Ever. But still, the story has moved unusually fast, and it's making me feel like OLM are rushing to get through all the stuff they want to do before the Switch game comes out.
So, um...

It seems this is happening soon. Yeah, that "Gen 8 might be starting this year" thing isn't really looking any less likely at the moment... I mean I knew from upcoming episode titles that more Ultra Beasts were coming, but really? Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings Necrozma? Already? Either this show is rushing to the finish line because it has to, or it's pointlessly burning through all its potential plot faster than necessary and will descend into filler hell at some point...
Old 2018-02-22, 13:35   Link #2554
Twi

How the Rainbow Rocket Arc should have ended:

YouTube
Old 2018-02-25, 07:13   Link #2555
ImperialFlameGod8190

I'm convinced that whoever created this series is trying to make Ash look stupid but his ass better catch Passimian next week. It's getting ridiculous that he doesn't have any new pokemon. That or they better get him that poison dragon sooner or later. This shit is getting old with him having nothing Pokemon wise

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-05, 11:11   Link #2556
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

A Pokemon movie animated by WIT Studio?? Do want!!

YouTube

Oh, and there's also this one. As a Gundam fan, it's pretty amusing (Beware! There's a spoiler for the death of a Gundam character!):

YouTube
Old 2018-03-09, 07:27   Link #2557
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
How the Rainbow Rocket Arc should have ended:

YouTube
this is pretty great lol

Old 2018-03-23, 02:34   Link #2558
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
YouTube
wow first ash had become a sort of "ugly fat guy in sun moon now he become a "gender bender"??? or sort of "trap"????, what is happening in pokemon??? it's some sort of SJW agenda??? next pokemon serie/movie ash will be black???? or maybe transgender??? lol, poor ash what are doing with him, poor guy.

But really kudos for the "hot blondie girl", she looks sooo much "no pokemon" and "teen" and hot for a pokemon serie.
Old 2018-03-30, 11:33   Link #2559
ImperialFlameGod8190

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV0vI-wrXvY This is probably one of the better POKEMON english openings in a long time. It actually makes you want to watch the dub despite how butchered some of the names are.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-30, 19:26   Link #2560
grecefar

not bad... not bad at all.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote