AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-04-10, 14:02   Link #21
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Oho? Off to an interesting start. I'm definitely liking Zero, although with that revelation at the end I have to wonder just how old she is. And how did these people get their hands on her book?
I dunno what Zero's age is but she does use an archaic accent. I'm guessing that this is supposed to be a hint as to her age.

I don't think it was translated very well but Zero says it was stolen. Thirteen left the cave earlier to find it but since Zero never heard anything back from him for a long time she decided to leave as well to track him (and the book) down. Notice the graves inside the cave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
Can anyone please post the ED song? that was lovely as hell.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-10, 14:06   Link #22
Wandering Soul

The mercenary and Zero's interaction is definitely one of the highlights of the series. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of this goes.
Old 2017-04-10, 14:32   Link #23
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
HHNNNGGGGGGGG This gave me diabetes.

Thanks!
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-10, 15:51   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a good start. The hero and the heroine have great chemistry already. I'm already quite fond of the mercenary, a scary yet cute appearance at the same time and a heart of gold.
Old 2017-04-10, 16:26   Link #25
MCAL

For now at least, White Fox's trend of adapting pretty decent LNs continue.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-10, 17:38   Link #26
Twi

I get they only have 12 episodes, but he started trusting her really fast. They also didn't go into too much detail on the nature of beastfallen like how exactly it affected him from the war a thousand years ago. Also, Albus is kind of a dick for hunting a guy down for his head for just existing.
Old 2017-04-10, 17:51   Link #27
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I get they only have 12 episodes, but he started trusting her really fast. They also didn't go into too much detail on the nature of beastfallen like how exactly it affected him from the war a thousand years ago. Also, Albus is kind of a dick for hunting a guy down for his head for just existing.
With regards to the nature of beastfallen, if they'd kept exactly to the LN it would have been covered already but I'm guessing they skipped over it for pacing reasons. That's about all I can say without giving any explicit spoilers.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-10, 17:55   Link #28
zztop

Just a little change
Small to say the least
Both a little scared
Neither one prepared
Beauty and the Beast...
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-10, 17:56   Link #29
Hakai

loli and the beast sorry couldn't resist

Mercenary's blushing face was the best part of the episode for me
Old 2017-04-10, 18:07   Link #30
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoor View Post
While watching the first episode I kept getting vague memories from another series a looong time ago where the MC had been cursed with a beast's head. Anyone else remember the name of that series?
Guin Saga. Coming from a long running series of books tracing as far back as the 70s. Left unfinished after the author lost her battle against cancer iirc.
Old 2017-04-10, 18:25   Link #31
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Just a little change
Small to say the least
Both a little scared
Neither one prepared
Beauty and the Beast...
I wouldn't call Mercenary exactly beautiful, he is more on cute side...
Old 2017-04-10, 18:27   Link #32
Applehell

Chirst, watching this really just hit me how on how many traditional fantasy adaptations we have in this season alone! Nobody can say we hurting for the lack of shows this genre again.

That was a pretty decent, but there was a lot awakard transitions that hurt the flow of the narrative in addition to being more exposition heavy than I was expecting in general. The episode improves quite a bit once Zero and Mercanary met up and their dynamic is what carries show from there. Still things that happen outside feel a bit lacking in "Oomph" in the way their presented out the magic visuals.

But as a sucker for swords & fantasy and plus having a show with a rare non-human lead there enough interest for me to follow. The straightforward nature of the plot kind of reminds me of Chaika, which helps in it's favor imo.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-10, 18:28   Link #33
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I wouldn't call Mercenary exactly beautiful, he is more on cute side...
Zero was supposed to be the beauty - at least that's how the LN described her...

PS. The LN illustrator also drew some of Kancolle's characters, like Nagato and Shimakaze; some even say Zero and Shimakaze look the same.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-10, 20:33   Link #34
Blueknight78

wow i really liked this first episode and that serie looks like another "rare gem" lost inside of the big ocean of generic novels we have on LN novels, i would really wish if that could change and we have more really good and more unique and less generic LN to really have good new refreshing animes than just your generic otaku isekai which already getting pretty old.
Old 2017-04-10, 20:55   Link #35
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I'm sure Belle in the original story pre-Disney was a loli too.

Btw, as expected. A good LN shows good results. Just look at the main characters, good chemistry between them like that should be the standard in this industry.

Also that ED is too cute dammit.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-10, 21:47   Link #36
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoor View Post
While watching the first episode I kept getting vague memories from another series a looong time ago where the MC had been cursed with a beast's head. Anyone else remember the name of that series?

<snip>
Guin Saga
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=10195
Old 2017-04-10, 23:07   Link #37
DemonneoPT

Like the rest of you guys, i also enjoyed this first episode. Zero and the tiger man are funny together. I also liked the fact magic is still a new science (or maybe a forgotten art?) which makes it possible for other medieval elements to shine and not being totally overpowered by laser beams

The only thing i disliked in the show is Zero having a loli design when it's hinted she is much older than she looks. And then another child appeared... I tend to dislike kid characters in medieval fantasy stories to be honest. But at least we have a full grown beast form mercenary as MC which is nice. It's different, interesting and refreshing. If only i also had an adult woman design for Zero that would be the cherry on top of the cake. But hey, if the story delivers i will not be so bothered by it! Youjo Senki did that to me. I believe in you White Fox.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-10, 23:18   Link #38
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-10, 23:31   Link #39
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 01

Hmm ... well, I thought it was a good start overall, but somehow I expected to like it more ... maybe I overhype'd myself?

Regardless, definitely will continue following this one for now.

Hafta agree that the two lead characters are interesting people, and for me their chemistry shows promise.
Old 2017-04-11, 02:29   Link #40
RDNexus

In my opinion, it was a good first episode that delivered what I think was vital to start the story decently, a bit of backstory between Zero & Mercenary, their meeting and initial interactions. It might have seemed a bit slow, but depending on the setting, it may be a good or bad thing. I think it was a good thing.
Now it's to see if Ep02 starts kicking up the gear
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, fantasy races, light novel adaptation, sword and magic, witches