AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK II - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 14 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 20.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 24.49%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.04%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-02, 20:37   Link #21
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange Neus View Post
It's because we Europeans don't care much for Japanese virtues
I think the vast majority of japanese despise with a passion otaku virtues
Old 2011-05-02, 22:00   Link #22
kniteowl

man that was fast 2 arcs over 2 episodes or did they skip some material from Haqua's arc?

I was expecting a filler episode next but it looks we'll be singing/dancing in the rain with Chihiro :P

I expecting the next 2 arcs to be about 3 episode each... which leaves about 2-3 episodes for filler or another Haqua mini arc possibly? OR a secret arc???

This season seems really suspicious to me...

This episode didn't really meet my expectations but it wasn't bad 7/10 for me.
Old 2011-05-02, 22:37   Link #23
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
The pace seemed off to me. The action was too slow. Needed more showing and less explaining.

Too bad since this should have been one of the moments for the anime to shine.

Not that it was bad. I give it a 7 out of 10. But it is a missed opportunity.

At least it looks like we will get more Haqua this season.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2011-05-02, 22:46   Link #24
judasmartel
*Author

Haqua kind of reminds me of myself. Smart at class, but not so IRL.
Old 2011-05-03, 00:45   Link #25
Elestia

The pacing was really bogged down by the many unnecessary flashback scenes of Haqua's school life, which happened three times I think Going to have to re-watch it again, but that just means more Haqua time.
Old 2011-05-03, 01:14   Link #26
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Elsie!!!! awww... she is so cute in this episode..... especially when her ribbon are taken away... XD

Elsie is stealing this episode.... and Haqua really showed her tsundere side.... ^^

anyway, "I am just an innocent bystander" scene is so funny
Old 2011-05-03, 03:12   Link #27
Echoes

Pretty good episode, I enjoyed it a lot.

That being said, it was by far my least favorite of the season thus far. Something just seemed a bit off. Can't quite put my finger on it, but the pacing didn't feel right, I think.

Haqua's background was very predictable, almost seemed like it could have been left out entirely, but I'm looking forward to seeing more of her regardless. A good, solid character who's wonderfully designed, like the rest of the cast. I do hope her presence doesn't detract too much from the usual pace of the show, though.
Old 2011-05-03, 03:27   Link #28
Silverwyrm

While the ep was essentially the same as the manga, it lacked a sense of urgency. The issue being the anime, being animated obviously, did not do enough with the students and hakua. While they were talking they all just...stood there, doing literally nothing. In a manga this can be gotten away with due to still pictures but int he anime they really should have had them doing *something* other than just standing around watching them talk.
Old 2011-05-03, 05:42   Link #29
eiyuu99

Keima doing the innocent bystander (floor mat) role and gets the appropriate treatment.
Playing his game is more important than escaping the boss in front of him.
Old 2011-05-03, 06:05   Link #30
Bafflement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
While the ep was essentially the same as the manga, it lacked a sense of urgency. The issue being the anime, being animated obviously, did not do enough with the students and hakua. While they were talking they all just...stood there, doing literally nothing. In a manga this can be gotten away with due to still pictures but int he anime they really should have had them doing *something* other than just standing around watching them talk.
That's largely because they dragged it out a lot, so there seemed to be much more standing around than in the manga. I think it would have been better to finish with the demon in the first half of the episode.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-05-03 at 16:51. Reason: Don't hint at future events, please!
Old 2011-05-03, 06:28   Link #31
Ryuutai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
And by the way, what's up with all the Keima fans? I find him rather blant and boring.
Keima in the anime is not great as much as he is in the manga. End of the story.
If you want to see Kami-sama's true greatness, you have to read the manga.
Old 2011-05-03, 09:31   Link #32
EroKing

10/10 just for this
Old 2011-05-03, 10:11   Link #33
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Anyway, it's not that his annoying or anything, just that every other character, especially his mom, Haqua, and Elsie are far more interesting to watch
Ok I guess it can't be helped if you don't like him that much... but then without him, the other chars surely wouldn't be as fun to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
That's largely because they dragged it out a lot, so there seemed to be much more standing around than in the manga. I think it would have been better to finish with the loose soul in the first half of the episode, and have the [...] for the rest.
Fixed and totally agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuutai View Post
Keima in the anime is not great as much as he is in the manga. End of the story.
If you want to see Kami-sama's true greatness, you have to read the manga.
Yeah, Keima is better in the manga but I don't think Malkuth's general opinion would be changed, heh.
Old 2011-05-03, 10:40   Link #34
n120cky

It doesn't meet my expectation maybe because the lack of Keima action , but I Give it 7/10 just because of Haqua and Elsie with loose hair!!, and finally Elsie upset because Keima always mean to her.
Old 2011-05-03, 10:56   Link #35
tsunade666

awesome chapter. Plus the next episode picture is also awesome. Elsie and Haqua centered episode isn't bad. But I didn't understand what's for next episode.
Old 2011-05-03, 11:42   Link #36
klare

so even the students in hell use iPad...

it does make sense that sometimes the top students in school might face some difficulties in their jobs, i think Haqua had overcame that, btw is she staying?
Old 2011-05-03, 12:06   Link #37
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
btw is she staying?
You saw that she was still there at the end of the episode, that's an indication. Plus she's the district chief so I guess she can freely visit other districts, also indicating that Elsie's location is most likely part of Haqua's assigned areas.
Old 2011-05-03, 12:34   Link #38
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

To be honest I was a bit disappointed really. So far all the episodes this season have been a little slow paced and feel padded out. This episode was particularly egregious.
Old 2011-05-03, 12:41   Link #39
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
ah.. nope
Haqua is from the nearby district.
Uh, she may have her own district but she's still the district chief. With "assigned areas" I meant that since Haqua is the chief, she carries a certain responsibility (or maybe I should call it rights) for specific districts, for example Elsie's. And your spoiler is a future event.
Old 2011-05-03, 13:45   Link #40
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
ah.. nope
That is a character not yet introduced and is not yet in that position so I would suggest removing it.

To put it simply, you will see more Hakua, she isn't a one-arc-wonder.
Closed Thread