AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-07-28, 12:15   Link #41
Slayerx

Itachi: Why hasn't sasuke gone back to the village?
Naruto: Well its because you filled him with hatred and revenge
Itachi: ... well I only did that so he would get strong...
Naruto: well just look at me and yourself, we got tremendous power also and we never had to embrace hatred
Itachi: ...
Naruto: did you know your plan nearly drove sasuke to kill me, his best friend, to get the MS? I don't think he'd be very welcome in the village if he went through with it...
Itachi: ...
Naruto: y'know you probably should have realized your little plan was falling apart when Sasuke Joined up with Orochimaru to grab more power

Ya... Itachi only managed to remind me how stupid I think his entire plan for sasuke was. Though i'm still hoping that he will get to meet up with sasuke, bitch slap him and tell him to stop being such a twat... heh thinking about it, is Kabuto really wanted to mess with Madara's plans he could try sending Itachi to have a little chat with Sasuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei_ayanami17 View Post
I’m really interested with the raven thing that Itachi put to Naruto but it seems like he’s taking it out now to him……..though I’m thinking that Kishimoto will never reveal about that yet because it is like a plot device to make the final battle of Naruto vs Sasuke be exciting and make it the most great battle of all times..

or I just misunderstood the chapter - - Itachi take out the raven to teach Naruto how to use it? (but it seems like not since Kabuto is controlling them)
I think the raven is being activated by the MS... like its an MS defense justsu and since Itachi is trying to attack naruto with the MS the raven is being activated to counter... this would mean that, as suspected, Itachi placed the raven in naruto so that he could stop sasuke

however, the downside to all this is that if we are seeing what the raven does NOW, that means that when we get to the battle with sasuke the raven will fail to do what its supposed to do.
Old 2011-07-28, 12:51   Link #42
james0246

^The Raven will potentially fail until it competes against the currently unknown 4th MS technique gained from the EMS....

Last edited by james0246; 2011-07-28 at 14:24.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 14:00   Link #43
Kallen4life

I think the raven will only be against genjutsu .. Naruto srsly has 0 defence against that .. in fact, nearly everyone in the series can possibly be raped by Tsukuyomi - excluding powerful Uchihas with advanced sharingans and jinchuriki who cooperate with their bijuu

I wonder if Rinnegan protects against Tsukuyomi
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 14:27   Link #44
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
I think the raven will only be against genjutsu .. Naruto srsly has 0 defence against that .. in fact, nearly everyone in the series can possibly be raped by Tsukuyomi - excluding powerful Uchihas with advanced sharingans and jinchuriki who cooperate with their bijuu

I wonder if Rinnegan protects against Tsukuyomi
I would guess that Itachi's particular tsukuyomi would even beat Bee. Bee was caught in Itachi's regular genjutsu for a couple of seconds before 8-tails could bring him back, and Itachi's tsukuyomi only needs an instant to take someone out. It's the same logic as when Kakashi, Naruto & co fought 30% Itachi. They went to the trouble of explaining how you need an ally to dispel the genjutsu, then Kakashi added that it's useless against Itachi because his tsukuyomi controls the victim's perception of time. A bijuu shouldn't be able to protect it's jinchuuriki from Itachi's tsukuyomi.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 14:43   Link #45
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

So what are the likely outcomes here?

#1 - Itachi and Nagato capture Naruto and Bee.
#2 - Itachi and Nagato capture Bee
#3 - Naruto and Bee defeat Itachi and Nagato, more words are said, and they go puff.
#4 - Nagato and Itachi break free(how is this even possible since they are dead?) and join Naruto and Bee to fight against Madara and Kabuto.

I don't know. 2 and 3 seem the most plausible. Kirabi has to exit stage left at some point. At the same time I can't see how Itachi and Nagato beat even one of them in this state. Not when they are warning them. It just doesn't feel like Naruto and Bee are even in danger until Madara shows up.

With the crow coming up, this fight seems more a set up of Sasuke vs. Naruto then it does about the war. Sadly Itachi and Nagato are merely plot devices.

Speaking of which, I am glad Kishi didn't show any of the Gaara battle. If he did, it would mean he would only rush through it. Makes me think it will be more epic with multiple characters arriving. .
Old 2011-07-28, 15:15   Link #46
haegar
mangaviking

I wonder if Kabuto really wants to capture the two. Even if he underestimated Naruto's growth that's a hard feat to pull without that... Ultimately he wants to backstab Madara and get his hands on Sasuske...so maybe he has something totally different planned than capturing them? Cause if he captures them Madara might take them from him and that's it. For him, as long as they roam free, Madara is effectively stalled. This might be a trap for Madara rather, with Kabuto anticipating he will greedily butt into this battle in order to secure the Jinchuriki for himself, at which point Kabuto might let the dynamic duo switch sides so its Madara-six path vs the four of them - maybe Kabuto hopes to wear down all other heavy hitters to increase his chances?
Old 2011-07-28, 15:48   Link #47
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
#3 - Naruto and Bee defeat Itachi and Nagato, more words are said, and they go puff.
They can't go puff, they need to be sealed, so, i don't see how Naruto or Bee can sealing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
I wonder if Kabuto really wants to capture the two.
His words indicates that he really wants them as weapons against Madara/Sasuke.
How about if he thinks that Madara can accept a trade: Sasuke X Naruto/Bee?. After all Madara's First objective is to capture them for his jutsu.
Old 2011-07-28, 15:49   Link #48
haegar
mangaviking

or he totally lost it and plans to kill and edo tensei them

the thing about trading is - if moons eye is done it wont help kabuto he gets sasuske, he'll be subjugated like the rest ... so he cant rly do that can he? he has to force his hand and take a risky stab at Madara sooner or later

oh and considering naruto now can use sage art seals on the kyubi ... I wouldn't be too surprised if he actually can - though it would feel lame
Old 2011-07-28, 15:56   Link #49
Casshern

Kabuto has always overlooked Naruto so imo it would be most fitting for him to be utterly defeated by Naruto without ever getting the chance to fight Sasuke. I'm guessing that Orochimaru's cells might start taking over if Kabuto is severely weakened.

My crack theory and biggest hope for the next few chapters is that Itachi will summon his Susanoo and Kabuto will make him unseal the real Orochimaru. Oro deserved some better closure than to be sealed without a word.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 15:57   Link #50
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
the thing about trading is - if moons eye is done it wont help kabuto he gets sasuske, he'll be subjugated like the rest ... so he cant rly do that can he? he has to force his hand and take a risky stab at Madara sooner or later
Knowing Kabuto, i think that he don't want to kill Naruto, he want his body to achieve orochimaru's goal to learn every jutsu. Let's say he accomplish that and obtain Sasuke's body and eyes... Madara's jutsu would affecting him?.
Old 2011-07-28, 16:34   Link #51
haegar
mangaviking

point taken lookin forward to see the slimy snake fail epically though
Old 2011-07-28, 16:49   Link #52
yogotah

Nice chapter, it was cool to see Itachi again. He's a real smart guy, so I'm a bit confused about how he really thought that giving hatred to sasuke would make him a good guy and want to protect the village. I think regardless of whether mardara telling Sasuke the truth or not, Sasuke would still have turned out the way he did. I'm really looking forward to what that crow is, I doubt it's another power-up(unless genjutsu) so it 'll be interesting to find out.
yogotah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 17:00   Link #53
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogotah View Post
Nice chapter, it was cool to see Itachi again. He's a real smart guy, so I'm a bit confused about how he really thought that giving hatred to sasuke would make him a good guy and want to protect the village. I think regardless of whether mardara telling Sasuke the truth or not, Sasuke would still have turned out the way he did.
Eh, that's actually doubtful. Had Madara not made Sasuke any the wiser he would have gone on believing that the massacre was the work of his insane older brother. Whether he would have ever gone back to Konoha after that and, if not, what he may have done otherwise is up for debate. But he would never have had any reason to attack Konoha, really.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 17:08   Link #54
yogotah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Eh, that's actually doubtful. Had Madara not made Sasuke any the wiser he would have gone on believing that the massacre was the work of his insane older brother. Whether he would have ever gone back to Konoha after that and, if not, what he may have done otherwise is up for debate. But he would never have had any reason to attack Konoha, really.
That's true.... I didn't mean that, without mardara's confessing, Sasuke would still turn out to want to demolish Konoha and kill everybody, I meant more along the lines that he would never have returned there and be back with team 7 and live happily after, which is what Itachi would have hoped.
yogotah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 17:18   Link #55
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogotah View Post
That's true.... I didn't mean that, without mardara's confessing, Sasuke would still turn out to want to demolish Konoha and kill everybody, I meant more along the lines that he would never have returned there and be back with team 7 and live happily after, which is what Itachi would have hoped.
I'm definitely more inclined to believe that, but we can't say for sure. He didn't truly dislike Team 7 on any level; he just prioritized killing Itachi. So had he been given a chance to let his emotions settle after killing Itachi, and had he not immediately been bombarded with the truth of the massacre, it's possible he may have had some inclination to return.

It's equally possible, and probably more likely, that he would not have though. Like [whoever it was; I can't remember who said it] said, he was a completely blank slate at this point. Without his goal of killing Itachi looming over him, he could have gone anywhere.
Old 2011-07-28, 17:36   Link #56
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Like [whoever it was; I can't remember who said it] said, he was a completely blank slate at this point. Without his goal of killing Itachi looming over him, he could have gone anywhere.
Itachi pointed that out when Naruto wouldn't believe him he might have to fight Sasuske (in the crow giving conversation)
Old 2011-07-28, 17:43   Link #57
Akashin

Quote:
Itachi pointed that out when Naruto wouldn't believe him he might have to fight Sasuske (in the crow giving conversation)
I was pretty sure it was Itachi that said that, but I wasn't certain and didn't really feel like trekking back to make sure. Thanks for that.
Old 2011-07-28, 18:07   Link #58
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
They can't go puff, they need to be sealed, so, i don't see how Naruto or Bee can sealing them.
The zombie goes puff when something gives them closure. Not even Kabuto can suppress human emotion unless he takes total control. For Itachi it would be knowing that Naruto is capable of stopping and reforming Sasuke. Nagato probably just needs to hear about Konan.

Given there are no sealers nearby, this seems to be the only way to defeat Itachi and Nagato. This is Naruto we are talking about. The master of talk-no-jutsu.
Old 2011-07-28, 22:25   Link #59
thermopyle

I admit I probably would have like this chapter if not for character N. Kishi has really made me dislike his character that it surprises me how much it affects my enjoyment of the series.

Anyhoo, it was nice to see Itachi and Nagato despite the former already showing signs of n-itism. This "upgraded" Edo Tensei of Kabuto really sucks, or at least the way he's using it. His whole plan of disturbing the army by keeping the dead shinobis personalities intact hasn't helped. Like at all. In fact it seems to have been pretty detrimental since they seem to be getting talked-no-jutsu back to the afterlife. Wiping out their personalities would negate that and he'd still have powerhouses. Oro got it right, wiping out their original selves with blank killing machines.
thermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 22:32   Link #60
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermopyle View Post
His whole plan of disturbing the army by keeping the dead shinobis personalities intact hasn't helped. Like at all. In fact it seems to have been pretty detrimental since they seem to be getting talked-no-jutsu back to the afterlife. Wiping out their personalities would negate that and he'd still have powerhouses. Oro got it right, wiping out their original selves with blank killing machines.
To be fair (sort of; it's still Kishi's fault either way), he drove himself into a corner the moment he started having Kabuto use Edo Tensei on such a large scale. From that moment on, we were doomed to face either talk-no-jutsu ad nauseum, or contrived sealing methods ad nauseum. The latter would have been preferable just because we've still seen so little Fuinjutsu, but it would have gotten just as annoying and repetitive eventually.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion