AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-26, 00:08   Link #6481
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I guess those left behind metals is the true objective in pushing Mikoto into a lv.6?
Old 2014-03-26, 00:18   Link #6482
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

So, I just looked at the Chinese scans (looked not read. Chinese is as moonspeak-ish as Japanese is to me ) and I noticed a few things. From the looks of it, Touma's hand was not blown off by the black lightning sphere itself but by an aftershock from the collision between IB and the attack.

Second...Touma's expression on page 16 looked...weird...it was neither desperation nor determination. It looked more like he knew what was going to happen next...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Everyone has their own 'filters' I guess .
I see what you did thar.
Old 2014-03-26, 01:14   Link #6483
zibi88

I was wondering about the moment where toumas hand was blown away... right before the dragon came out it kinda looked like toumas right eye turned black (evil like) and next the dragon poped out to crash level6 attack with such ease.... so maybe the eye turned dark becouse the dragon nature is evil (satan :P)... and it mostly came out becouse touma had the determination to go on at all costs and satan listened to the request and helped

other option is that the arm was not blown away becouse of the attack but becouse the thing inside touma knew it wont be able to stop and so it kinda made the arm rip off so it can go out and help (baypass the seal... so after the work was done it returned back and the seal returned to its place)

anyway I was amazed that mikoto did nothing to cover herself XD she just stood there making touma see her totaly and later she did not yell on him "dont look" or anything :P is this mikotos progress xD
Old 2014-03-26, 03:21   Link #6484
desrtsku
Nympholept

Why do people keep saying she was level 6?
Wasn't she supposed to die as a level 6?

Quote:
Probably Shadow metal.
Called it. Called it almost a year ago.
Old 2014-03-26, 04:45   Link #6485
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Quote:
Probably Shadow metal.
Called it. Called it almost a year ago.
But it looks a bit odd. It looks more like liquid metal.
(And there is so much of it that I can't imagine Mitori made all that.)

Actually, there is so much of it, that I can't imagine any character actually taking it with them (like Saten)
It will most likely be collected by AC scientists and used who knows where (maybe Rensa?)
Old 2014-03-26, 05:17   Link #6486
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I don't quite get the idea of it being shadow metal. Supposedly it is the first time that AC has tried to seriously reach Level 6 quickly. How on earth can there be rumours of shadow metal even existing if this is the first time it has happened? And she wasnt anywhere close to an actual Level 6 being, so why did this so called shadow metal appear during an incomplete transformation when nothing of the sort appeared with neither Kakine nor Accelerator?

EDIT: After taking a look at the full chinese scans, it doesn't look like Kamijou is aware that the dragon even came out. It doesn't even look he was aware that his arm even came off, or that Misaka saw the dragon. At the very least, Gunha saw the dragon for sure.

Last edited by OH&S; 2014-03-26 at 05:33.
Old 2014-03-26, 07:54   Link #6487
LazyHunter

Next chapter sure looks interesting. Don't know why IT appeared in the form of a dragon since it's always described as an invisible being except for that time with Izzard. Guess it's just the easiest way to picture it.

As always the rumors of Academy City tend to be true or almost true; if this is really Shadow Metal it fits the "born through a collision of esper powers" part pretty well. I'm curious as to where Kamachi is going to go with this. Maybe a hint of the next arc? Or Mitori might try something with it.
Old 2014-03-26, 08:25   Link #6488
desrtsku
Nympholept

@OH&S There's no evidence that shadow metal can only be obtained after the rampage of a pseudo-LV.6. Just like Lazyhunter said, the original rumour said that it can be obtained through the collision of multiple esper powers of different kinds.
Moreover, I don't get why you're bringing Accel and Kakine into this. It's not like they don't have something sort of similar to it in their possession already. It's Dark Matter I tell you. Dark Matter. I'm willing to bet $50 that's it's dark matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
After taking a look at the full chinese scans, it doesn't look like Kamijou is aware that the dragon even came out. It doesn't even look he was aware that his arm even came off, or that Misaka saw the dragon.
Spoiler for The TouMAN:
Old 2014-03-26, 08:40   Link #6489
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
@OH&S There's no evidence that shadow metal can only be obtained after the rampage of a pseudo-LV.6. Just like Lazyhunter said, the original rumour said that it can be obtained through the collision of multiple esper powers of different kinds.
Moreover, I don't get why you're bringing Accel and Kakine into this. It's not like they don't have something sort of similar to it in their possession already.
To be fair, we've got a blossoming level 5-->6 here, the Invisible Thing, and Gunha who's a complete unknown. In other words, we've got three mysterious powers running amok in one place. Rumors are not necessarily completely true. Collision of multiple ESPer powers is more than likely a distortion of the real thing.

Dark Matter for e'rybody!!
Old 2014-03-26, 08:54   Link #6490
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Yeah I was getting confused there. With 3 uncertain factors gathered in one spot, its anyone's guess as to what produced the 'shadow metal'. It could just be Dark Matter after all.

More importantly, what were those hands the were grabbing Mikoto in her inner conscience?
Old 2014-03-26, 09:02   Link #6491
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
After taking a look at the full chinese scans, it doesn't look like Kamijou is aware that the dragon even came out. It doesn't even look he was aware that his arm even came off, or that Misaka saw the dragon. At the very least, Gunha saw the dragon for sure.
That makes things more interesting, especially with the evil eye people noticed as well. It looks like Touma might not have been conscious when the dragon appeared. Maybe the other entity inside Imagine Breaker took control?
Old 2014-03-26, 09:17   Link #6492
Birdway
Banned

Let me remind you something guys about VOL.2:
Spoiler for spoiler about light novels:
Wasn't Touma blue eyed?

Last edited by Birdway; 2014-03-26 at 13:07.
Old 2014-03-26, 09:39   Link #6493
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Let me remind you something guys about VOL.2:

Wasn't Touma blue eyed?
Dammit! I just re-read that volume a couple of weeks ago. Why the hell did I not remember that!?

So, I think that it might be safe to say that Touma may have been half possessed when his right hand got cut off here.
Old 2014-03-26, 10:06   Link #6494
Death Usagi
Banned

I wonder if Aleister will make an appearance soon...
Old 2014-03-26, 12:41   Link #6495
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ He obviously will, it's been jokingly speculated confirmed a long time ago that he's madly in love with Mikoto.

Quote:
Wasn't Touma blue eyed?
Shouldn't it be brown like your average Japanese citizen?
Just asking though. There's indeed tons of Pink/blonde/purple/whatever coloured hair and Yellow/blue/green/whatever coloured eyes fictional character out there, but we never know.
Old 2014-03-26, 13:07   Link #6496
Birdway
Banned

I don't know what is your point. Mine was the difference between his normal blue and the warped reddissh gold.
Old 2014-03-26, 14:12   Link #6497
LG-MAX

when I saw this dragon in the chapter, I remembered what my teacher once said.

"Every day has a shit"

I must be the only one who liked the unnecessary appearance of this dragon in Railgun, I believe Kamachi could have thought in something better.
Old 2014-03-26, 17:26   Link #6498
LevelSeven

^ only to statisfy myself i will write this: he should also involve accel into this fight afterall the sisters are involved and i do think that a bit insaneness would help....
they dont even need to meet each other (touma, mikoto, accel) but he should do something, and i dont believe that accel was unable to do anything because he was unaffected during Vol.12 and vol. 20-22...
Old 2014-03-26, 19:28   Link #6499
Miraluka
Banned

I just noticed if Touma went all the way to save Mikoto on this arc, wouldn't this make her look ungrateful because she still forced Touma him to follow her batsu game...?
Old 2014-03-26, 19:42   Link #6500
Lisemer

It may depends what happens after this.
Maybe Touma did or said something that switched on Mikoto's tsuntsun and she said something like "I'd only forgive you if you follow the punishment game!"
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen