AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2018-08-17, 12:09   Link #21621
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I can't even properly login... Obviously KC3s window is too small for the new resolution, and if I try not using it I get a region lock... Moreover if I try login in over KC3 and then just copy the API link, chrome auto opens it with KC3, limiting the frame again...

Edit: afte rhalf an hour, probably enough logins that the botdetector has me flagged now, and a lot of lost nerves it finally worked under Win7.
My UI looks different than that of some others though. I saw screenshots where the upper toolbar (the one with the resources on it) had a different color now...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2018-08-17 at 12:24.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-17, 12:42   Link #21622
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I can't even properly login... Obviously KC3s window is too small for the new resolution, and if I try not using it I get a region lock... Moreover if I try login in over KC3 and then just copy the API link, chrome auto opens it with KC3, limiting the frame again...
Just deactivate customization - which is responsible for the window fix - in KC3 and then start up as usual, don't know what your problem was.

Quote:
My UI looks different than that of some others though. I saw screenshots where the upper toolbar (the one with the resources on it) had a different color now...
That's the new UI skin option. You click on the gear and then select interface options and there you'll get five choices.
Old 2018-08-17, 14:28   Link #21623
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
They should put in login bonuses to least try to keep the old players from quiting.
Daily login doesn't make much sense: it isn't like getting few resources left and right will give you more incentive to play. Furthermore, if they implement that kind of mobage stuff, that mean it would make hoarding easier unless they nerf expeditions to a certain degree.

The game needs more features for people who are tired of it, not just some random item and resources.
Old 2018-08-17, 17:30   Link #21624
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The game needs more features for people who are tired of it, not just some random item and resources.
So far, it look like they are tying to get us out of our habit; making us to clear again all the maps, rediscovering new branching rule and maybe even finding new map for clearing daily/weekly quest and leveling.
Old 2018-08-17, 19:32   Link #21625
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
Just deactivate customization - which is responsible for the window fix - in KC3 and then start up as usual, don't know what your problem was.

That's the new UI skin option. You click on the gear and then select interface options and there you'll get five choices.
Thanks, turns out I overlooked the switch.
That being said still works, only partly though.

And wow one of them is even in English.

---
That being said no idea whats should be wrong with win7.
Its below the minimum recommended requs now but runs totally smooth.

I wonder if they might be planning on live2D now.

oh also RIP Orel.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2018-08-17, 19:41   Link #21626
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The subs finally getting their paid vacation?
Old 2018-08-18, 06:34   Link #21627
Kakurin
大佐

https://twitter.com/Yuki_ne27/status...19009710551040

Oh wow, somebody on Twitter has noticed something about the new loading screens: The map backgrounds depict the sites where the respective ships sank.

Shigure sank in 1945 off the coast of Malaya in the Gulf of Siam - and her loading screen has everything between the Gulf of Siam and the Eastern part of the Indian Ocean on it.

Yamato sank in 1945 north of Okinawa - her loading screen shows the Ryukyu Islands.

Haruna sank in her moorings in 1945 near Kure - her loading screen has the Seto Inland Sea on the upper left corner.

Jintsu was sunk in 1943 in the Solomon Islands north of Kolombangara - and her loading screen has the Solomons as background.
Old 2018-08-18, 06:41   Link #21628
AC-Phoenix
Detective

BM7 Fleet with 8.9 LOS 33 goes Also known as BM7 fleet 2-5 --> B-F-E-I-H

I really hope I just didn't have enough LOS there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The subs finally getting their paid vacation?
Vacation? PAYMENT?! What are these words you are uttering there I can't find them in my Admiral's guidebook.

Old 2018-08-18, 07:12   Link #21629
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Daily login doesn't make much sense: it isn't like getting few resources left and right will give you more incentive to play. Furthermore, if they implement that kind of mobage stuff, that mean it would make hoarding easier unless they nerf expeditions to a certain degree.

Considering how much resources we need in events, it is quite a reasonable request to make. It also doesn't help that it is exhausting to continue running expeditions all day long.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 12:31   Link #21630
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
BM7 Fleet with 8.9 LOS 33 goes Also known as BM7 fleet 2-5 --> B-F-E-I-H

I really hope I just didn't have enough LOS there
May be LOS. I'm going South using a lineup with 3 DD, 1 CL, 2 CVL I saw on twitter and the LOS requirement looks fairly steep. Needed two Saiuns to get the boss routing.
Old 2018-08-18, 18:48   Link #21631
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
May be LOS. I'm going South using a lineup with 3 DD, 1 CL, 2 CVL I saw on twitter and the LOS requirement looks fairly steep. Needed two Saiuns to get the boss routing.
Interestingly enough I tried a similar one (1 CVL replaced for a CLT), and still go I-H, notably with a fast fleet and 30.1 LoS. -Note that there are videos of people who made it there with that setup.

I conclude that you need more than 30.1 LoS from that and now wonder how the hell Tanaka thinks someone people can do Bm7 if it goes through that LoS check.

Guess I'll try 2 CVL next.
Edit: Apparently the required LoS is somewhere between 31 and 35, as some people with 34 los claim to have gotten there.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2018-08-18 at 19:17.
Old 2018-08-20, 00:18   Link #21632
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Event will start on the 31st of August! Just in time for my vacations!
Old 2018-08-21, 20:35   Link #21633
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Late Summer/Early Fall Event will include 5 new shipgirls. One of them will be a Big Seven, a RN one, 1 small-ish carrier (Hermes or Ranger are likely) and the 3 last ships might be DD and DE. Dont expect too much.

I said Early Fall because the event might be delayed because of server stability issues. *look at Rabaul*
Old 2018-08-22, 03:50   Link #21634
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Late Summer/Early Fall Event will include 5 new shipgirls. One of them will be a Big Seven, a RN one, 1 small-ish carrier (Hermes or Ranger are likely) and the 3 last ships might be DD and DE. Dont expect too much.

I said Early Fall because the event might be delayed because of server stability issues. *look at Rabaul*
It would be nice if this event tries something different from the previous ones. I always like something like, after securing a certain spot on the map, we would be given the choice of stationing support fleets and oilers at that spot, thus, for one, removing the need to include Hayasui in the fleet simply for refueling purposes.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-23, 05:39   Link #21635
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
On the first point, I very much agree: Daily Logins are not enough incentive for players. Yes, it's incentive enough to log-in, but not actually enough to play.

The second point though, I kinda disagree: Kancolle isn't fundamentally different from a mobage in terms of gameplay loop, and thus adding daily log-in rewards wouldn't really be to its detriment. Also, there have been games similar to Kancolle that have daily log-in rewards, for instance Girls' Frontline has log-in rewards that provide only a paltry amount of various resources per day, and it certainly doesn't make the resource gathering in that game easier.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-23, 10:43   Link #21636
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

My point is that those games have daily login as part of the game design right from the get go, and incidentally, I find GF much more resource intensive with just normal play (aside of instant repair which are basically thrown at you all the time).

On the other hand, resource management in KC is pretty lax outside of events. Even with X-5 maps, it is quite easy to stay positive without using the most efficient expeditions that require constant attention. From my experience, resources aren't slower to get in KC, but your expenses are pretty linear back in the old days, which shouldn't be that different now, even with tokyo express.

Unless the daily login stuff is really stuff like 2 or 3 digits, I would expect them to nerf expeditions or make some stuff more expensive, considering they tend to control players' resource consumption deliberately (quite obvious when you consider resource consumption being greatly different over the course of the game life).

But then again, the main point was that daily login bonus is pointless in term of gameplay incentive.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2018-08-24 at 06:35.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-23, 18:18   Link #21637
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Just checking:
Does everyone get the circled I-icon in chrome (address field) saying Kancolle doesn't use a secure connection?
Or is that due to the Viewer?

Old 2018-08-23, 19:49   Link #21638
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I do have the same not secure connection icon and I am using Chrome but no Viewer.
Old 2018-08-24, 07:13   Link #21639
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
I do have the same not secure connection icon and I am using Chrome but no Viewer.
k its the game then, thx.
That being said, I just saw it when I logged in today - Apparently the login page is secure, just the game window is not.

Old 2018-08-25, 06:26   Link #21640
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

In order to be sure the game is stable for the event, they have postponed the event to 7th september, and renamed it as "early fall event". Since the event was supposed to happen in august, the summer outfits are still implemented (same goes for the abyssals).

Finally, they confirmed we will have 5 new kanmusu.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls