AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2017-01-25, 00:57   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 853 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Spoiler is here! Credit goes to AP's Sandman and YonkouProductions for the info:

-Chapter title is "Not here!" Splash page features Bartolomeo and Gambia.

-At the treasury, Big Mom has captured Brooke. It's revealed that her pirate hat, called the "Two-horned Napoleon", along with Zeus the cloud and Prometheus the sun, are all homies who were given life by Big Mom's own soul! Thus, those three homies are on a different level from the rest. The soldiers from the chess army inspect Brooke's body, and discover that he has yet to steal anything. This calms Linlin, who, surprisingly, begins cuddling the skeleton like a pet! She tells him that she can't let the Poneglyph get stolen, as that would mean someone else would reach Raftel before her again, making her look like a fool. She adds she won't mess up again as did that time with Roger....

-Soon, Pudding meets up with Big Mom. Linlin asks her daughter if her "true power" has awakened, to which Pudding answers that there's no guarantee of that happening, as she's of mixed blood. As it turns out, Pudding inherited the blood of a rare three-eyed clan! She then requests to speak in private with her mother, as Brooke is still nearby....

-Meanwhile, back to Pedro vs. Tamago, the baron has undergone an amazing transformation.... as he has now became Viscount Hiyoko (Hiyoko=chick). Pedro slices his opponent in two once more, but this only triggers another transformation! According to one of BM's soldiers, Tamago has the abilities of the Tama Tama no Mi (pretty sure it comes from egg (tamago)). The baron's final form is Count Niwatori (chicken), who's reputed to be a powerful knight. Pedro attempts to prevent Tamago from reaching his final stage, but in turn BM's soldiers try to stop him! The mink then changes strategy: He waits for the soldiers to surround him, then takes out a stick of dynamite! Then he proceeds to.... blow himself up...!!?

-....Or so it seems. As Pedro was pulled into the mirror world by Chopper right before he was caught in the explosion! After getting briefed on the situation from Pedro, Chopper decides to go save his friends, and Carrot asks the mirrors to locate them. Meanwhile, at the third floor, while Luffy is busy beating up soldiers, he ends up running into Reiju at the infirmary! She tells him that he just missed Sanji, and informs the rubber man that her younger brother is already aware of Pudding's true nature. Relieved by the news, Luffy sets off. When Reiju asks him where he's headed, he responds that the place he promised to meet Sanji is "not here". As Luffy heads back outside the castle, a solitary Sanji is having deep thoughts, saying that he still can't turn back at this point....!!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2017-01-26 at 03:36.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-25, 10:25   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So disappointed that Big Mom beat Brooke off-screen. It was obvious he never stood a chance of beating her, but I was at least hoping for him to put up a fight.
Old 2017-01-25, 11:04   Link #3
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

wait... so someone else got to Raftel other than gold roger?
Old 2017-01-25, 11:18   Link #4
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

She was about to reach Raftel but i think Roger somehow mess her up with something. I think we can find more information about Roger here since what he do to Big Mom until either she can't reach Raftel or maybe reach it after Roger.

So far as i know, Roger already discovered some weapons or maybe something there so why Big Mom doesn't know about it? That's what i wonder.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-25, 13:31   Link #5
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Interesting reveal about Big Mom and Roger. Although one of the thoughts that occurs to me is how a major theme of One Piece now is replacing the Old Guard, so to speak- of the (original) Yonkou, the only one we don't know much about is Kaidou. Otherwise, each of them seems to be a remnant of the Pirate King era, and it seems like Linlin was the other serious contender for that title (with Whitebeard being more of a friend to Roger, and Shanks only being an apprentice). I wonder if the next chapters might focus on FINALLY getting more info on Roger and his voyage to Raftel

And on a side note, I do hope that this arc wraps up soon somehow- the angst with Sanji, although for good reason, is starting to drag on...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-25, 20:38   Link #6
Rainbowman

With the Tama Tama no Mi, I'm guessing it's a zoan type considering he takes the form of a chicken.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-26, 03:36   Link #7
marvelB

Translated chapter is out!

So, turns out the spoilers left out a particularly interesting detail.... Big Mom knows of Roger's ability to hear "the voice of all things". However, she says she has a "trump card" hat will allow her to use that same power! In this case, she's most likely referring to whatever secret power Pudding has inherited from the three-eyed race. BTW, while I'm also a little disappointed that Brooke was off-screened by BM (even if it was pretty much guaranteed he'd lose, anyway), I'm pretty sure our bony friend will still have the last laugh. Sure, the soldiers claimed to have searched his body, but did anyone forget that Brooke can literally use his skull as a container?

I'm also quite interested in Tamago's DF power. It kinda makes him like a pokemon or digimon (the latter's probably more likely since it seems like Tamago can switch between "evolutions" at will... something pokemon aren't really capable of). And while it seems kinda foolish that Luffy would leave behind Nami in a castle full of enemies, I guess he pretty much counted on Jinbei to protect her. But boy, that Sanji sure is stubborn, ain't he? Anyways, looking forward to what happens next. Maybe that last sweet commander will finally appear next chapter....

Oh, and lastly.... gotta love seeing Bartolomeo on the splash page!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-26, 06:12   Link #8
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

But GOD I LOVE THAT Reiju Ass and frontal shot!!

Luffy's doing alright restraining himself, he's keeping his word and all.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-26, 10:30   Link #9
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
but did anyone forget that Brooke can literally use his skull as a container?
I did actually forget about that but now that you mention it, it seems very likely he'll have a copy of the poneglyph in there.

Anyway now it's a matter of time before Luffy gets his pirate bento, and things will start to heat up. It's about time for Sanji to kick some ass too.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-26, 10:48   Link #10
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

aww.. Brook got caught right after the whole teams are freed out

Sanji seems planning a suicide mission but we know that won't work.. when Luffy already called you as his crew, you can't simply slip off from him

Anyway, there is a strong hint that Pudding might get taken by Strawhat... I think she is the one that could read all Phoneglyph with her third eye
She is a lead to Raftel
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-26, 12:04   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

They don't need Pudding, they have Robin. Besides, Luffy was hinted to have Roger's ability too if I'm not mistaken.
Old 2017-01-26, 13:54   Link #12
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

reiju needs to join the crew then it could be zoro x reiju LOL
Old 2017-01-26, 14:12   Link #13
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
reiju needs to join the crew then it could be zoro x reiju LOL
No never. I'd rather Reiju die.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2017-01-26, 16:51   Link #14
necrolyte

^Why man she seems cool to me. It will be fun to join 2-3 new crewmates at the same time instead of the obvious 1 unique person(Jinbe).

^^^Kanon, if I remember correctly it happened at fishman island when Luffy heard the sea kings.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-26, 17:09   Link #15
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
^Why man she seems cool to me. It will be fun to join 2-3 new crewmates at the same time instead of the obvious 1 unique person(Jinbe).

^^^Kanon, if I remember correctly it happened at fishman island when Luffy heard the sea kings.
I oppose the shipping view.

Old 2017-01-26, 17:45   Link #16
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
I get the feeling that Jinbei isn't going to make it past this arc and the new official crew mate will be Carrot. If he lost a large portion of his lifespan he will probably end up sacrificing himself for the SHs. That's more along the lines of his character than a normal crew member.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-26, 17:53   Link #17
danielevo

Big Mom divided her soul into three things remembering me about voldemort in harry potter. Luffy need some kind of special weapon to annihilated those thing. Maybe it Uranus ? Because there are many theory that said Uranus is weather ancient weapon, and big mom soul is zeus and prometeus and that hat. Although some theory said Uranus is Dragon.

And im still curious about pudding power, what kind of power, maybe she awakened already and did not conceal to big mom for some reason.

And i think sanji will take action once he know that Zeff is safe.
danielevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-26, 20:38   Link #18
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Yeah would have been nice to see Big mom give Brooke a beatdown, much like Doflamingo did to Sanji.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-26, 22:31   Link #19
Tuor

I have a feeling that Pudding has been playing Big Mom. Big Mom thinks that Pudding's power hasn't fully awakened yet, but I suspect that it *has* awoken, and that for whatever reason, Pudding is about to try to take advantage of the current situation to put her own plans in motion. Big Mom may be strong, but I think Pudding knows all of her strengths and weaknesses, and Big Mom trusts her...
Tuor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-26, 23:22   Link #20
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
I have a feeling that Pudding has been playing Big Mom. Big Mom thinks that Pudding's power hasn't fully awakened yet, but I suspect that it *has* awoken, and that for whatever reason, Pudding is about to try to take advantage of the current situation to put her own plans in motion. Big Mom may be strong, but I think Pudding knows all of her strengths and weaknesses, and Big Mom trusts her...
if that happened, then it makes sense on how Luffy could get away from Candy Island
Big Mom would gain her respect and trust toward Luffy that helped her, then letting him go away as her thanks
it would be funny if somehow Luffy could get away with the poneglyph which would put them back into hostile relationship again

I think we're nearing this arc climax now
all the main players already gathered on same stage
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote