AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-21, 23:42   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Spice and Wolf - Novel/Anime Comparison Spoiler Thread

This thread is to allow people who are familiar with the Novels to discuss how the anime adaptation compares to the way the story was originally presented in the Novels. You may also compare to the way the manga adapted novel scenes, if you'd like.

Because this is a "Spoiler Thread", it is the expectation that all those participating in the thread are at least passively familiar with the novels and are thus not afraid of having future novel events spoiled. That being said, as a courtesy, I would ask that all major spoilers be placed under clearly-marked spoiler tags just in case.
Old 2009-07-24, 02:07   Link #2
Mai Kawasumi
Party! Drink! Sex!

About episode 3 preview

Spoiler for Episode 3 preview:

Happen in the novels? I don't remember that, or maybe is just

Spoiler for Lawrence:

Old 2009-07-24, 02:19   Link #3
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
No it did not happen in the novels, and yes most likely it is just Lawrence imagination, but again in the novels he did not imagine such thing either.
Old 2009-07-25, 16:08   Link #4
typhonsentra

You sure? Perhaps not a kiss specifically but I remember him obsessing over Amarti and Horo being alone together during the portion of the story that next week (And possibly the week after) will cover.
Old 2009-07-26, 01:27   Link #5
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Yeah but the question was about the kiss and nothing like that happened even when Lawrence was making all that fuss in his head.
Old 2009-07-29, 02:20   Link #6
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
You sure? Perhaps not a kiss specifically but I remember him obsessing over Amarti and Horo being alone together during the portion of the story that next week (And possibly the week after) will cover.
He probably imagines what happened when Amati was upstairs alone with Horo in their room.
Old 2009-07-30, 08:21   Link #7
bekyuubi

Spoiler for Future speculation judging from opening theme vs novel.:

Last edited by bekyuubi; 2009-07-30 at 08:33.
Old 2009-07-30, 22:02   Link #8
israfel070

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekyuubi View Post
Spoiler for Future speculation judging from opening theme vs novel.:
They are TRUCKING through book 3. We're 80% through it after 4 episodes, so we'll be done by ep 5/6. They will have plenty of room in this season for book 4 and then 5.
Old 2009-07-31, 18:07   Link #9
Kaguya
an idler

Quote:
Originally Posted by israfel070 View Post
They are TRUCKING through book 3. We're 80% through it after 4 episodes, so we'll be done by ep 5/6. They will have plenty of room in this season for book 4 and then 5.
It was announced officially that 2nd season covers book 3 and book 5.
Spoiler for book 4:
Old 2009-08-17, 10:44   Link #10
bekyuubi

Upon rereading the ending of book 3, when Horo hugged Lawrence and asked her to treat her nicely, she was doing so in a rather scary manner. She was looking up at him, smiling slyly and she hugged him. He compared her to a snake coiling around its prey; her smile was really scary and her lines were, (Anime made it impossible for her to look up at him. Pretty much apparent that the scene was to make fun of naive boy Lawrence.)

"Will you be gentle to me?" (same as anime)

and he thought along these lines.

"Horo's definitely a devil." but also expressed much disappointment after she gave up flirting. (woah. Anime Lawrence is blushing like a girl, haha. Novel didn't show anything like that.)

Her comments about the bird goddess making her frustrated and annoyed etc etc was the same as the anime, and she stopped flirting with Lawrence for that reason.

I don't see any response to her annoyed at amarty's comment in the book. It wasn't mentioned that she wanted to leave amarty in a poorer state either.

Some minor differences here and there, pretty much related to embarassing Lawrence for all its worth. Awesome directing in any case.

Last edited by bekyuubi; 2009-08-17 at 11:11.
Old 2009-08-24, 04:45   Link #11
bekyuubi

In episode 7 where Lawrence kissed Horo's hand by the stairs, was described in the novel to be him being embarrassed by his own action. He then walked down the stairs quickly as he afraid that he was blushing and Horo will make fun of him. He was gloating of the fact that he finally won a game of wit (the banters of Lawrence/horo have him losing or being made fun of.) where Horo couldn't find a suitable comeback, therefore he wanted to avoid losing and thus sort of pulled her hand.

PS: Pulling all these from my memory. Seeing Horo eat reminded me where she ate an entire roasted pig in human form, that was described to be able to feed a dozen adults somewhere in the novels.
Old 2009-09-15, 06:22   Link #12
judgment26
Former B-T Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekyuubi View Post
I don't see any response to her annoyed at amarty's comment in the book. It wasn't mentioned that she wanted to leave amarty in a poorer state either.
Actually, the book does mention Amati saying something unforgivable from Horo's standpoint:

Spoiler for Vol. 3 Final Chapter:
Closed Thread