AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-09-12, 09:13   Link #36841
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

@Demi

This part:
Quote:
To negate the risks of betrayals, Praxidike required a neutral individual to be entrusted with this new unit. This neutral individual would then be known as Inami Arisawa, a 12-year-old orphan who shares the anti-terrorism view of Praxidike.
Given Praxidike's history as Hyperion, which got disbanded due to infightings and betrayals, a neutral pilot who has no knowledge of the horrible past is least prone to betraying the organization, if not none.

From Praxidike's POV, Inami knows nothing about the organization's past so his resolve to fight for Praxidike is absolute and unbiased.

From Inami's POV, the "Mysterios Hacker" incident is an act of terrorism and he wishes to prevent such incident from occuring again. Ironically, he sees the ShiroKishi as a symbol of his resolve.
Old 2012-09-12, 09:26   Link #36842
Eratas123

You'd think they have more than one candidate for "12 year old who hates terrorists".
Old 2012-09-12, 09:28   Link #36843
demino_hellsin
That one guy

^^^just like the reaction I got for Rong
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 09:36   Link #36844
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Surely every main character will be entitled to that question.

And it's not like Inami even has a bone to pick with terrorism, he's only seen what it could amount to and he doesn't want that. And he's presented with power to fulfill that wish, any young boy will grab that chance.

Offer it to someone younger and they may not even know what terrorist or terrorism even means. Offer it to someone older and they would reject the offer because they do not want to be involved in something major to begin with unless angst and they have a bone to pick against terrorism personally.

In a sense, your reply is the answer itself. B)
Old 2012-09-12, 09:50   Link #36845
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So he got the gig cuz he was 12? and impulsive?
Old 2012-09-12, 09:55   Link #36846
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Yeah... Impulsive, that's the term I'm looking for.

Unless of course if the question is more to "Why Inami and not someone else?", in which in that case you may kindly put on your anti-paradox foil cap.
Old 2012-09-12, 09:56   Link #36847
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'ma leave the stubborn part to eras :haha:
Old 2012-09-12, 09:58   Link #36848
agetreme
Just another Idiot

How about lucky draw? Inami just win the big prize
Old 2012-09-12, 10:02   Link #36849
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

That would make for a good (and very odd) hero comedy: Drawing logs for an unknown prize, which actually turns out to be access to a powerful battle-suit that allows you to become a hero with set responsibilities.
Old 2012-09-12, 10:16   Link #36850
agetreme
Just another Idiot

May be it is due to miscommunication...

Somebody misheard (poor radio reception): From "Pick a rambo-like guy who is a lot different from others" to "pick random from lotteries"
Old 2012-09-12, 10:19   Link #36851
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Either the radio needs to be terribad or the person in question has terribad hearing sense.

Inami aside, what about your respective protags? How/Why were they the chosen one in your respective stories?
Old 2012-09-12, 10:21   Link #36852
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Because the Drone is the only Infiltration unit created by the Rouge Drone who in turn is the prototype of Next Generation of independent drone?
Old 2012-09-12, 10:24   Link #36853
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

As in the human pilot? Unless I missed some part of the memo...
Old 2012-09-12, 10:27   Link #36854
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Nah, I am still working on Rouge Drone concept.

I got sick and tried of trying to decide a male or female character would be better so I take the third option: Neither.... As a drone, it has no gender.
Old 2012-09-12, 10:30   Link #36855
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Diverting the ever-stressing gender question, not bad. \:]
Old 2012-09-12, 10:47   Link #36856
agetreme
Just another Idiot

because it is always fun to do a few things differently from others:

When a story mentioned about drone, it is always the "AI turning evil and the hero have to destroy it".

How about flipping the chessboard around.

The hero is the drone and turn into a good guy due to a glitch in programming.

Edit: and the so-called Heroic antagonist are trying to capture it to fix the error...which revert it back into a killing machine.

A rouge machine is too dangerous compared to a killing machine....apparently.

Edit: I think I will shorten it to: Protagonist because it is the first of its kind, a independent self-determine drone. (Time constrain...errr.... fiction-verse)

Last edited by agetreme; 2012-09-12 at 10:58.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 10:53   Link #36857
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Anime logic, but I do find the idea refreshing. It's like EDI from the movie Stealth... I don't suppose said movie might have played a part in inspiring this story of yours?
Old 2012-09-12, 11:05   Link #36858
agetreme
Just another Idiot

It has been mentioned before...

May be in my sub-conscious that I end up deciding that it is not a bad idea....

I mentioned before: I like EDI. the AI is just doing what it learned from the Rouge Pilot but end up being punished for it while the Rouge Pilot get away .
Old 2012-09-12, 17:38   Link #36859
Eratas123

@ Stratos - The only OC driven fic I'm focusing on right now is FI, and they were "chosen" simply because they're the Canon character's offspring. Every other fic I do now stars either Ichika or, in one odd case, Chifuyu as the main characters.
Old 2012-09-12, 18:11   Link #36860
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Touché

I still remember that one about Irish, though it seems to have died down for a while now. And speaking of offsprings, something just struck my mind about Ichika... What if he doesn't have a male offspring? No more male IS pilot in the future. o.0

Though I'm pretty sure his name will still be engraved on a plaque somewhere as a memento.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest