Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-06-06, 01:45   Link #14301
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well after the spoiler's about chapter 31 where released , I kind of wonder ...

Spoiler for Chapter 31:
This isn't exactly a blood transfusion between Moka and Tsukune. Their blood already isn't compatible from the very beginning. Even Moka says that her blood is like a poison to Tsukune's body.

At this point it's just basically down to Tsukune being stuck with Moka's blood in his system, compatible or not, and he has to learn to control it. Since this is a shounen manga, Tsukune will probably learn to control the blood and maybe make it his own through training or some other shounen manga process to control a power that they've been given.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 02:15   Link #14302
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Hmm... Well, Kahlua did say that Moka was of a unique breed, so perhaps this is what was meant by it. Moka is the destined next Dark Lord. Not! ... Maybe.
Old 2010-06-06, 02:21   Link #14303
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
This isn't exactly a blood transfusion between Moka and Tsukune. Their blood already isn't compatible from the very beginning. Even Moka says that her blood is like a poison to Tsukune's body.

At this point it's just basically down to Tsukune being stuck with Moka's blood in his system, compatible or not, and he has to learn to control it. Since this is a shounen manga, Tsukune will probably learn to control the blood and maybe make it his own through training or some other shounen manga process to control a power that they've been given.
But still there has to be a reason why Tsukune didn't die, but transformed into a Ghoul / Primitive vampire ... right ?

I mean Moka has already said that there are only two outcomes when the side effects of Moka's blood transfusions appear ... death or turning into a Ghoul. (Rosario + Vampire Season 1, chapter 23,page 23)

Since Tsukune obviously didn't die, it must mean that Tsukune's body has somehow managed to withstand the toxic effect of Moka's blood, right ... so for Tsukune's body to be able to do that ... it must have applied to some sort of special condition, right ... meaning that there could be something a little different with Tsukune's body buildup then normal, , when he was still a human right ... since obviously Tsukune's transformation, couldn't be just a coincidence right.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 02:27   Link #14304
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
But still there has to be a reason why Tsukune didn't die, but transformed into a Ghoul / Primitive vampire ... right ?

I mean Moka has already said that there are only two outcomes when the side effects of Moka's blood transfusions appear ... death or turning into a Ghoul. (Rosario + Vampire Season 1, chapter 23,page 23)

Since Tsukune obviously didn't die, it must mean that Tsukune's body has somehow managed to withstand the toxic effect of Moka's blood, right ... so for Tsukune's body to be able to do that ... it must have applied to some sort of special condition, right ... meaning that there could be something a little different then normal, with Tsukune's body buildup , when he was still a human right ... since obviously Tsukune's transformation, couldn't be just a coincidence right.
I'm willing to guess that it has less to do with Tsukune's body makeup and more to do with Moka's feelings and her reasons for giving Tsukune her blood. Moka gave Tsukune her blood so that he could gain the ability to protect himself. She wanted Tsukune to live and fight, and she couldn't stand the thought of losing him. Had she given it to him for more selfish reasons such as self-preservation (Moka couldn't fight in the water whereas Tsukune could, so it would be profitable for her to let Tsukune do the fighting for the time being), Tsukune would indeed be completely lost. He would turn into a Ghoul/rage Vamp, and even the Holy Lock wouldn't be able to bring Tsukune's own personality back. Of course, Moka isn't the type of person who would do that. She was always more of a lone-wolf and wouldn't easily rely on someone else to fight for her. Yet she gave Tsukune her blood so he could fight for her, but not so that she could survive, but because Tsukune threw himself to the edge of paradise once again to protect her, and she didn't want him to just die for her.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 02:31   Link #14305
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:

Since Tsukune obviously didn't die, it must mean that Tsukune's body has somehow managed to withstand the toxic effect of Moka's blood, right ... so for Tsukune's body to be able to do that ... it must have applied to some sort of special condition, right ... meaning that there could be something a little different then normal, with Tsukune's body buildup , when he was still a human right ... since obviously Tsukune's transformation, couldn't be just a coincidence right.
It probably has much more to do with how the blood was injected to get those two outcomes.

Tsukune probably has a rather large amount of Moka's blood in his system. However, you have to remember that he received all that blood in increments. That probably allowed Moka's blood to slowly eat away at Tsukune's body. This lead to the Ghoulish transformation he underwent. In fact, what we see in the manga goes more with this than anything else.

Now, it could be different if Moka had injected a large quantity of her blood into Tsukune all at once. You can say that probably would have completely overwhelmed him and killed him.
Old 2010-06-06, 02:39   Link #14306
zibi88

still Rubi durring the control power training said herself.... that Tsukune leaned this WAY WAY WAY too fast.... and she as for a yukai (witch) said herself "What on earth is he..."

that human learned this fast yukai powers...that its not natural.... next is the moka small training with that sense yukai auras.... he really got that fast which even supprised moka (the back hug plan to rise anger in kurumu & co. )

not mention that he is training fighting with moka... and he as for a human is somehow able to keep up with her moves (and she trainied fighting from very young age... while tsukune just started)

so there is something special in Tsukune (as even the snowman prophecy mentioned that moka & tsukune will shake the whole world...that there is a huge plan behind them)

hehe what if Moka's mom choiced Tsukune becouse he somehow influanced the rosario memory...like the rosario memory is like soul connection... so what if in next chapters Tsukune will meet Akasha in some way... they will talk for a while and he will tell that he is from future a human that lives in only monster school and is a close friend to moka..... so this was the case on why Akasha found Tsukune and made him end up in that school

so maybe if tsukune interreacts with other people in that rosario memory... he changes memories of all people in it (Tsukune talk with Akasha about future... makes her decision to leave the castle and go to human world to prepare the school grounds.. and the trick to put tsukune in it)

Still I wonder how Akasha would react to Tsukune... another "mmm tasty blood" xD (like mother like daughter)
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 02:45   Link #14307
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Or... it could just be the old shounen device of (dumb) luck

Sadly, I wish there was some actual backstory to the compatibility of Tsukune and Moka, but from what I've seen so far, unless we're given further details, t;s just using the shounen devices that have been used over and over- Boy is nice to girl and wishes to be her friend, and the bond and all that comes after is because of said friendship. I think that's the reason why he can remove her rosary- because he was willing to be friends with her, even if she was a vampire and he a human.

and the blood compatibility comes probably because of the small increments and his willingness to use the power to protect the girls. Damn, how I wish there was more to it than that, but something tells me there's not

and I am wondering... who's number two for harems? Tenchi is obviously Numero Uno... but if we're going to say Tsukune is numbe Three, then there's a lot of contenders of Two (Touma from TAMNI is definitely a huge contender for that spot... but if only the guy weren't one of the biggest blockheads in anime/manga history!)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 02:50   Link #14308
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Or... it could just be the old shounen device of (dumb) luck

Sadly, I wish there was some actual backstory to the compatibility of Tsukune and Moka, but from what I've seen so far, unless we're given further details, t;s just using the shounen devices that have been used over and over- Boy is nice to girl and wishes to be her friend, and the bond and all that comes after is because of said friendship. I think that's the reason why he can remove her rosary- because he was willing to be friends with her, even if she was a vampire and he a human.

and the blood compatibility comes probably because of the small increments and his willingness to use the power to protect the girls. Damn, how I wish there was more to it than that, but something tells me there's not
Agreed with the shounen manga plot devices being the explanation for most of what's happening between Tsukune and Moka.

Quote:
and I am wondering... who's number two for harems? Tenchi is obviously Numero Uno... but if we're going to say Tsukune is numbe Three, then there's a lot of contenders of Two (Touma from TAMNI is definitely a huge contender for that spot... but if only the guy weren't one of the biggest blockheads in anime/manga history!)
Kenichi from AMG? He's got goddesses crawling all over him
Old 2010-06-06, 02:53   Link #14309
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
still Rubi durring the control power training said herself.... that Tsukune leaned this WAY WAY WAY too fast.... and she as for a yukai (witch) said herself "What on earth is he..."

that human learned this fast yukai powers...that its not natural.... next is the moka small training with that sense yukai auras.... he really got that fast which even supprised moka (the back hug plan to rise anger in kurumu & co. )

not mention that he is training fighting with moka... and he as for a human is somehow able to keep up with her moves (and she trainied fighting from very young age... while tsukune just started)

so there is something special in Tsukune (as even the snowman prophecy mentioned that moka & tsukune will shake the whole world...that there is a huge plan behind them)
It could be that he is a special human, much like I theorized Miyabi to be one as well. There's always the possibility that if there are so many different types of monsters from many different type of literature and ancient myths in one series (you don't get to see a Vampire, a Succubus, an Ice Maiden and a Witch interact with each other all at once every day), then it's not unlikely that you could also get psychics in the series as well, just like you have psychics in Yu Yu Hakusho like Genkai or Sensui. I believe Psychics are humans, not like witches who are said to be monsters as well (albeit close to humans than anyone else). It could be that Tsukune comes from a long line of Psychics but their practice died out long before he was born. I also think there's a reason the bus driver chose Tsukune's family specifically when he decided to drop the leaflet of Youkai Academy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
hehe what if Moka's mom choiced Tsukune becouse he somehow influanced the rosario memory...like the rosario memory is like soul connection... so what if in next chapters Tsukune will meet Akasha in some way... they will talk for a while and he will tell that he is from future a human that lives in only monster school and is a close friend to moka..... so this was the case on why Akasha found Tsukune and made him end up in that school

so maybe if tsukune interreacts with other people in that rosario memory... he changes memories of all people in it (Tsukune talk with Akasha about future... makes her decision to leave the castle and go to human world to prepare the school grounds.. and the trick to put tsukune in it)

Still I wonder how Akasha would react to Tsukune... another "mmm tasty blood" xD (like mother like daughter)
Well, if Tsukune does meet Akasha, he would only meet her in Moka's memories. The real Akasha would have no memory of her meeting Tsukune, and only Moka would think they met, and only if she witnesses Akasha and Tsukune meeting. That being said, as long as Tsukune's interaction with people from Moka's memories does not occur directly in front of Moka, she would not remember them and his meeting will be inaffectual. That's why it's important not to interfere with what is happening in Moka's memories. She would remember things that didn't actually happen and forget things that did happen.
Old 2010-06-06, 02:53   Link #14310
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Kenichi himself has no power... not only the girls, but the guy has to be effing powerful himself to be in contention (besides, in the end, it's really just Belldandy that has any true feelings towards him... of course, I've only seen the anime and don't know if some manga counterparts actually have true feelings towards him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
I also think there's a reason the bus driver chose Tsukune's family specifically when he decided to drop the leaflet of Youki Academy.
*facepalm*

please refer to my earlier post... I'll even post the goddamn page if I have to, but, it is shown that it was just a wandering Monk who was trying to get rid of the flyers that dropped it, NOT ANYONE AFFILIATED WITH YOUKAI ACADEMY!!! There is leeway in that Tsukune's dad was just recalling it, but even so, there would've been some form of foreshadowing. I'm sorry, but we just have to deal with the fact that the oldest shounen device of luck is being used, and nothing more *u ntil proven otherwise, at which time I'll finally admit that it was more than just luck+ coincidence)

Old 2010-06-06, 03:01   Link #14311
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
*facepalm*

please refer to my earlier post... I'll even post the goddamn page if I have to, but, it is shown that it was just a wandering Monk who was trying to get rid of the flyers that dropped it, NOT ANYONE AFFILIATED WITH YOUKAI ACADEMY!!! There is leeway in that Tsukune's dad was just recalling it, but even so, there would've been some form of foreshadowing. I'm sorry, but we just have to deal with the fact that the oldest shounen device of luck is being used, and nothing more *u ntil proven otherwise, at which time I'll finally admit that it was more than just luck+ coincidence)
Lol, sorry, didn't mean to offend you . Even so, what kind of monk would be wandering around getting rid of fliers in a house district? Normally they'd bin it in whichever monestary they work/live in.
Old 2010-06-06, 03:01   Link #14312
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
Kenichi from AMG? He's got goddesses crawling all over him
Toaru Majutsu No Index Touma has a pretty powerful harem as well... Imagine dealing with all those hordes of BiriBiri sisters?

And Touma himself with his right hand can be very tough for any mage or supernatural power user to handle.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 03:05   Link #14313
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Well, according to the text surrounding him, he was trying to get rid of the monstrous papers or something to that extent... keeping in mind of how spiritual-based Japan is, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a local shrine in Tsukune's town that the monk was going to dispose of the flyers at. Unfortunately for him, a gust of wind blew a few away that Tsukune's dad picked up (hm... maybe the wind is the factor that wasn't coincidence)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Toaru Majutsu No Index Touma has a pretty powerful harem as well... Imagine dealing with all those hordes of BiriBiri sisters?

And Touma himself with his right hand can be very tough for any mage or supernatural power user to handle.
the itty bitty problem is, as I mentioned above, as I once saw, Touma apparently doesn't have a romantic bone in his body, but merely feels he must protect the females around him (there is a difference)

Old 2010-06-06, 03:11   Link #14314
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
the itty bitty problem is, as I mentioned above, as I once saw, Touma apparently doesn't have a romantic bone in his body, but merely feels he must protect the females around him (there is a difference)
Yea...Touma is facepalm material for that fact. He's totally oblivious to the feelings all the girls have for him.

Touma definitely would make a pretty good candidate. His right arm cancels out all magic and he's got an entire army of BiriBiri clones and the original Mikoto going ga-ga over him.
Old 2010-06-06, 03:13   Link #14315
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Well, according to the text surrounding him, he was trying to get rid of the monstrous papers or something to that extent... keeping in mind of how spiritual-based Japan is, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a local shrine in Tsukune's town that the monk was going to dispose of the flyers at. Unfortunately for him, a gust of wind blew a few away that Tsukune's dad picked up (hm... maybe the wind is the factor that wasn't coincidence)
The question is how the monk got those fliers in the first place, considering nobody in the human world is supposed to know about the Youkai academy. That being said, the monk's presence, or whoever he could be, cannot be a coincidence imho.
Old 2010-06-06, 04:03   Link #14316
Chris38

Quote:
The question is how the monk got those fliers in the first place, considering nobody in the human world is supposed to know about the Youkai academy. That being said, the monk's presence, or whoever he could be, cannot be a coincidence imho.
I believe that the monk that dropped the flier was an ayashi, disguised as a human. and could be one of Mikogam's subordinates.

Honestly I doubt that Tsukune applying to Youkai Gauken was just a coincidence, but like Magin has said ... until we learn more, we won't be sure if the circumstances surrounding Tsukune's entrance to the Youkai Academy.

Refering to what you said in one of you're earlier posts Yoko Takeo ... I mean this

Quote:
Spoiler for snip:
Well I think it's certainly a possibility that psychics will appear in the R+V universe as well as some sort of counterpart to repeal monster's that appear in the human world ... though so far there hadn't been anything mentioned about it ... at any least we won't find anything more about, until Tsukune's family makes a appearance in in Season II.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 04:14   Link #14317
Johnny
Working the bags...

I'm surprised the baddies haven't formulated a plan to yank Tsukune's holy lock off. What better way to cause strife with your enemies then by using the enemies themselves...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 04:39   Link #14318
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I believe that the monk that dropped the flier was an ayashi, disguised as a human. and could be one of Mikogam's subordinates.

Honestly I doubt that Tsukune applying to Youkai Gauken was just a coincidence, but like Magin has said ... until we learn more, we won't be sure if the circumstances surrounding Tsukune's entrance to the Youkai Academy.
Whichever the case, I cannot simply believe that Tsukune's entry to Youkai academy was simply a coincidence, or that the monk is not in any way associated with the academy or the Ayashi society in general for him to have those fliers.

Quote:
Well I think it's certainly a possibility that psychics will appear in the R+V universe as well as some sort of counterpart to repeal monster's that appear in the human world ... though so far there hadn't been anything mentioned about it ... at any least we won't find anything more about, until Tsukune's family makes a appearance in in Season II.
It's true that there hasn't really been any mention of it. The only hint that leads me to think they could exist in the R+V-verse is that you have many different creatures and monsters from a huge collection of literature from all over the world and many different eras that it's not impossible for there to be psychic warriors or other mystics from the human world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I'm surprised the baddies haven't formulated a plan to yank Tsukune's holy lock off. What better way to cause strife with your enemies then by using the enemies themselves...
Probably because they don't know Tsukune's a human but think that he is a Vampire like Moka. The fact that he is human is a closely guarded secret by those members of the newspaper club and possibly those higher-ups in the academy. Some people have theorized that tsukune is human, but where subsequently beaten by Tsukune himself (that art teacher for example). It's also possible they don't even know what a Holy Lock is and if they do, they know that it's in their best interest not to yank it off because they know that if they do Tsukune will become so powerful even they will get slaughtered by his rage.

And just for laffs:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
0utfoxzero introduced me to this incredibly silly thing....

Know your future waifu!

But this is not what I expected :

SaintessHeart is destined to marry Shoko Kirishima on April 4, 2012 おめでとう^o^/ !!

HAAAALLLLLPPPPPP. Someone help me!

Yoko Takeo is destined to marry Moka Akashiya on February 13, 2011

I'm a happy, happy man.
Indeed, I am
Old 2010-06-06, 07:20   Link #14319
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm certain that Ikeda will explain why Tsukune is able to remove the Rosario from Moka. As well as explaining everything about Tsukune. He's dropped way too many foreshadowing. Ikeda so far hasn't been the type to leave unnecessary holes in the story.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 10:19   Link #14320
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

No he's just been the type to leave us with unnecessary levels of questions to guess and theorise about for ages
Only took him about 70 chapters to introduce the prospective in-laws

Nah, I'm sure, even if its only in passing, or hinted at, or even explained indirectly, something will come up somewhere. It could even be as simple as it can only be removed by the wearer's true love/whomever the bearer loves. Cliched but as a Moka + Tsukune pairing supporter, I'd find it rather sweet and Im sure I'd be able to live with it
[Of course Moka loves her family/sisters, but in a slightly different way to Tsukune - I'd hope hahaha!!!]

PS from what I've seen, both R&V and S&W are doing well in American sales...good to see the US is supporting my 2 favourite series [I believe they've done well in Japan too]! Now where's S&W III...
Reading: None at the moment

Last edited by tyranuus; 2010-06-06 at 15:17.
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire