AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-05, 14:56   Link #501
Fawx9

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
well, I believe Rei said something about breaking up in the anime, i read the first two chapter of the manga and i believe the anime is going in a different angle about the relationship, because takashi doesn't say anything about "hugging the girl i like for the first time" anywhere in the manga.

I don't think they are taking a new angle on so much as streamlining it to make the interactions more clear.

I remember my first read through the manga finding their back story to be a bit confusing since the parts would spring up every 2nd chapter or so in tiny bits in no real order. Causing some confusion over the reason why the two grew distant.

So hopefully they keep explaining it well so we don't have to go back to rummaging through random pages and playing a game of he said she said to understand what happened.
Fawx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 14:57   Link #502
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

I wonder how they're gonna end the series though. Be it the anime or manga, most zombie films ends with either all the main cast dying or just them surviving etc.
Old 2010-07-05, 15:12   Link #503
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davyd View Post
I have watched the first episode, and there is something bothering me.

Did someone recognise the 28 days later theme? (a bit remixed althought)
That was the firts thing that crossed my mind when I read the summary several weeks ago.
Old 2010-07-05, 15:15   Link #504
dreamingxashley
K-ON Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I'm not really fond of whole zombie shows but decided to look through the first episode... well graphics and animation look great. The part where they were running through zombies looked like from some game...

Without real spoiling, I have question towards manga readers. What is the main idea behind series? Are they simply going to be stuck in school and fighting zombies or is there more to it?
Survival and TnA, with character development. Thats pretty much it.
Old 2010-07-05, 15:18   Link #505
kitten320

Thanks for the answers
Old 2010-07-05, 15:21   Link #506
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Actually...

Oh. Must've missed that chapter. Anyway, spoiler city!!!!
(but thx)
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 15:31   Link #507
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, yes and no; while the author indeed seems to have used up pretty much most of the stereotypes associated with zombie films (the current arc is even a homage to a certain famous movie, seeing in which kind of building it takes place), the most recent chapter included perhaps one of the most dangerous developments for the survivor party. There IS material in there but the author either seems to have lost interest or he's suffering from writer's block - for reasons perhaps unrelated to the repertoire of zombie movie clichés.

The series should be back up on July 9th, but who knows how long active it'll stay again (not to mention that the Sato duo started a new series called Triage X in the meantime and they'll probably have to divide their attention between their two brainchildren).
Old 2010-07-05, 15:34   Link #508
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Well, zombie films. There are still the stuff from zombie games yet untapped.

Yeah, I'm still angry at the development in L4D2's DLC. BIIIIIILLL!!
Old 2010-07-05, 15:40   Link #509
zero7090

can someone pls make the bitch slap gif ? thx

btw i feel the ending will be much better if the let rei scream end then silent in 1-2s and start the music.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 16:02   Link #510
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
can someone pls make the bitch slap gif ? thx

Hm. First try.

[edit]

v2

v3 (more frames)

Old 2010-07-05, 16:07   Link #511
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davyd View Post
Did someone recognise the 28 days later theme? (a bit remixed althought)
Actually, this is 28 Weeks Later theme.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 16:09   Link #512
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Just saw the first episode...it's....EPIC...

The genre is cliche and it's got schoolgirl fanservice with panies and jiggling boobs all over the place but I LOVE IT Awesome, mindless fun!

I've been waiting for this for a long time, and hopefully the manga gets going again. It stopped on HUGE cliff!
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 16:11   Link #513
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Actually, this is 28 Weeks Later theme.
I haven't seen 28 Weeks Later yet, but I believe this is from 28 Days Later, as I have seen the film and have the OST as well.

Is it used in the 28 Week Later film as well?
Old 2010-07-05, 16:14   Link #514
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
I haven't seen 28 Weeks Later yet, but I believe this is from 28 Days Later, as I have seen the film and have the OST as well.

Is it used in the 28 Week Later film as well?
Ah yes, true. It's just that my memory of 28 Days OST was totally clouded by Godspeed You Black Emperor's "East Hastings" you hear in the beginning. Hahahah.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 16:15   Link #515
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

28 Weeks Later or no, pretty much every zombie story is a riff on George Romero in one way or the other. I don't worry about originality in a series like this - they pretty much nailed every zombie cliche in George's repertoire in the first episode. The novel part of it was the gratuitous service, especially the pantsu shots. Sort of like Drifting Classroom meets Night of the Living Dead meets Sora no Otoshimono.

I enjoyed all of that for campy, over the top fun but I wish they'd stepped off the gas pedal a bit - the pacing and body count were off the charts for a first episode. Maybe take up to the first eyecatch to really introduce us to the characters? Or pause for more than a fleeting glimpse of the supporting cast? In a series like TM8, you had an entire episode of "normalcy" to really start caring about the characters before the shit hit the fan. Check out Hitchcock, who really knew about that trick - Psycho and The Birds being great examples. I believe we're getting 13 episodes here, right? This had the feeling of a case where the director knew that wasn't going to be enough.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 16:24   Link #516
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
He deserved his ass getting kicked. I wouldn't say he deserved to die. It was kind of dumb grabbing a zombie from behind like that though.
I give the characters the benefit of the doubt for the first 24 hours or so of the zombie apocalypse, but anyone who after that gets bitten because of "Oh, I'm sure he's just feeling a bit sick" or "Let's walk straight into this building without checking for zombies first" are simply too dumb to live.
Old 2010-07-05, 17:47   Link #517
Xacual

The first episode was exactly how I hoped it would be. I was surprised that it followed chapter 1 of the manga so perfectly and unlike others have said I don't think the pace was too fast. I think it was necessary in this case because of what kind of story it is. I mean it's a freaking zombie apocalypse, you don't survive if you stand around doing nothing.

My only concern was that I forgot how unlikeable Rei and Takashi were at the beginning. Saeko will be appearing next episode though!

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 18:04   Link #518
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
I give the characters the benefit of the doubt for the first 24 hours or so of the zombie apocalypse, but anyone who after that gets bitten because of "Oh, I'm sure he's just feeling a bit sick" or "Let's walk straight into this building without checking for zombies first" are simply too dumb to live.
Remember, not everyone read the Zombie Survival Guide and knows that zombies apparently have super-human strength :P
Old 2010-07-05, 18:04   Link #519
Casshern

Even if he wasn't bitten and didn't turn in this episode, he wouldn't have survived for long anyway. Everybody knows that during a zombie apocalypse the last thing you say is "I don't need a weapon, I know karate".
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 18:28   Link #520
Flibber

I dont know about everyone else, but from where i come from, slapping a broad like that is unethical. i mean illegal.
Flibber is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse