Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-14, 18:13   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Not every yuri needs to do the whole "b-but we're both girls!" thing, you know.
Yuri stopped being about the social stigma associated with homosexuality a long time ago. Nowadays in yuri series odds are very high ALL the girls are gay. It looks to be the case with this one, too. The blonde girl (sister of MC's friend) definitely has the hots for Yori at least.
Old 2024-04-14, 19:04   Link #22
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Decent episode.

Himari is an energetic goofball. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if she's given people the wrong impression in the past . Of course nothing wrong with falling in love with what someone can do and not with them on a romantic level. Yori just took a hard hit with Himari being devastatingly cute and things being phrased in a way that was easily misunderstood.

Credit to Yori for rebounding well enough from the shock. And hey at least she's got a goal to chase after.

The friends are solid for both sides. Kind of loving the stupidly rich friend that totally would rent out a cruiser for Yori to use for a confession .
Old 2024-04-14, 20:18   Link #23
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yuri stopped being about the social stigma associated with homosexuality a long time ago. Nowadays in yuri series odds are very high ALL the girls are gay. It looks to be the case with this one, too. The blonde girl (sister of MC's friend) definitely has the hots for Yori at least.
Gotta have those side ships to focus on if/when the main pair gets together... I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the main pair here but we'll see.

Tons of yuri is still focused on self discovery which is where the "but we're both girls!" thing is usually most prominent. I guess "I don't know what love is" serves basically the same purpose. And I think nowadays there's more social commentary than ever... Wataoshi focuses pretty heavy on social stigma and Watayuri kind of acknowledges Class S isn't really romance. Now if only something could get S2...
Old 2024-04-15, 14:29   Link #24
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's non-simple; homophobia doesn't need to have a place in LGBT stories when it shouldn't have a place in reality, but eliminating it is going to divorce the story from many peoples' experience. With the offensive 'crossdressers/trans girls can't use the girl's bathroom because it's a CRIME' skit as prevalent in anime as ever, we certainly can't say that prejudice is dead. Difference, as part of a minority, is also far more inextricable from the LGBT experience, and should involve a unique, surprising process of self-discovery and expression deeper than 'but we're both girls!'
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-20, 17:03   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Episode 2 was quite sweet, with a lot of cute moments. And we already have a confession! Kino is going to have to think about it because she's not sure if her feelings are of a romantic nature, but that's still faster than 99% of romance anime out there! Shit, I heard Nagatoro started going out with senpai in volume freaking 19. That'd be like, season 5?

Anyway, definitely liked this episode better than the first. The complete lack of ambiguity is very refreshing. A keeper for me.
Old 2024-04-22, 21:02   Link #26
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I think episode 2 was a much stronger episode. Really felt like they would painfully let this misunderstanding drag out for a while. Thankfully Yori didn't have the patience to wait forever to confess. So now the ball is sent back to Himari's court.

Odds don't seem too bad either. Himari doesn't have a good read about what romantic love is, but she's definitely thinking about it.

My condolences to the girl that fell for Yori earlier. Those that take action at least have a chance. She built up a nice friendship, but stuck herself in the friendzone for too long.
Old 2024-04-27, 15:02   Link #27
KitsuKyouno

So, a honest talk with Yori and Kino see she can wait to give her a reply since Kino want to be serious in their relationship and for Yori is enought now as long she can be closer of her.
And she formally joing the band, ironically we had three series about it this season
Old 2024-04-27, 18:19   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This reminds me a lot of Bloom into You, with the main difference being that it's more light hearted. Yori doesn't have any of the issues Touko had, and while Himari doesn't understand romance, she hasn't convinced herself she's aromantic like Yuu did.
Old Yesterday, 16:16   Link #29
KitsuKyouno

Aah, Yori react to the feeling of jealous so well, could had easily explode but and honest talk with Air make it easy, because the bloondie also feel it but she accept she lose her chance
Also the important Shiho cameo
Old Today, 01:56   Link #30
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Since this anime doesn't really have much movement in the first place, the low budget isn't as noticeable as some other anime, but I realized there were some shots where the background's proportions compared to the characters were wonky

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:55   Link #31
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Nice Watayuri poster in the manga club room. Something about this series just doesn't work for me... I'll probably stick with it just because its yuri but I dunno... I kinda hate the fake aromantic trope, I'm not fond of relationships built on 'persistence' and I guess I'm just not into the genki girl X senpai ship in general. At least we seem to be getting the triangle out of the way early.