AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-14, 15:18   Link #1
marvelB

[PS3/PSV] Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki

I. AM. FREAKING. HYPE.

Man, I've known for a while that Falcom planned to make PS3 games, but wow, the results look amazing so far! And how fitting that it's even the first Trails game to take place in the Erebonian Empire, to boot.... man. Of course, the lack of an English Trails in the Sky SC and the 3rd kind of puts a damper the chances of this one coming overseas for a good while (and hell, that's not even counting an overseas release of Trails of Zero/Blue, both of which are ALSO sequels to the Sky trilogy).

But nonetheless! I'm still looking forward to this one, and the soundtrack even more so! And the fact that there's even a Vita version is a nice touch, as well. Can't wait for the trailer to come out now.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 15:51   Link #2
Destined_Fate

Aw... What about Part 2 and Part 3 of Trails in the Sky?

I see that more devs are taking advantage of the fact that stuff from the PS3 is very easy to port, with little loss, to the Vita.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 17:30   Link #3
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I'd be more excited if not for the school uniforms.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 17:38   Link #4
tootbrush

Location: In a better place. Like the beach. But NOT the moon.
Not thrilled about the school setting, but people who have actually played the more recent Kiseki games have assured me that it shouldn't be all ponies and rainbows, considering it's in the Erebonian Empire.

But I have to admit that the obvious tsundere and her ZR have certainly helped in mellowing my negative initial impression of the setting.
... Curses! I'm falling into Falcom's trap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Aw... What about Part 2 and Part 3 of Trails in the Sky?
XSEED's still looking to release SC. That's all anyone knows.
If it happens, it'll likely appear on Steam first though, if the staff's recent posts on the XSEED forum are any indication.
tootbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 18:02   Link #5
marvelB

Once upon a time, the school setting probably would have bothered me as well, but not so much anymore as long as the writers handle it well enough. And seeing as this is Falcom we're talking about here, I'm fairly confident that they can do the whole mystical high school setting great justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootbrush View Post
But I have to admit that the obvious tsundere and her ZR have certainly helped in mellowing my negative initial impression of the setting.
... Curses! I'm falling into Falcom's trap!

That's right, come for the hot babes, stay for the cookies and music.
Old 2012-12-14, 18:55   Link #6
defki

A school setting was a no brainer considering we are talking about Erebonian here and it will not be VC 2 level. It's Falcom. Even at their worst the story will still be above average.

So all thats left is TC HD and Ao Evolution and we have the entire Kiseki series on PS3/Vita. I like what Falcom is doing.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 19:02   Link #7
Iron Maw
Banned

OMG, can't wait! What awesome news!

But.... those screens aren't very impressive. =/ These are literally mid-gen PS2 models. Ugggggh, why did they move from sprites?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootbrush View Post
XSEED's still looking to release SC. That's all anyone knows.
If it happens, it'll likely appear on Steam first though, if the staff's recent posts on the XSEED forum are any indication.
I'm hoping that SnK FC's PS3 release will lead to SC being ported to the same platform then both (or at least just SC) finally being brought overseas.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 19:13   Link #8
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I'm hoping that SnK FC's PS3 release will lead to SC being ported to the same platform then both (or at least just SC) finally being brought overseas.
Do you mean Second Chapter? SC HD was already announced for PS3. Everything is in Xseed's hands.
Old 2012-12-14, 22:58   Link #9
Iron Maw
Banned

Yeah, and that's good to hear about SC being in the works. I guess a new Kiseki being on the PS3 is that much of a surprise when one notes all other games in the series getting ports to the platform.
Old 2012-12-15, 08:21   Link #10
robinmbers

yeah, A school setting was a no brainer considering we are talking about Erebonian here and it will not be VC 2 level
robinmbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 19:44   Link #11
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinmbers View Post
yeah, A school setting was a no brainer considering we are talking about Erebonian here and it will not be VC 2 level
Well what should I tell you? I fully expected that there will be an academy setting when we reach Erebonia. Erebonia is the Harmonia of Kiseki. I was 99% sure that it will be a military academy, elite school or something similar wether you believe it or not. Ao even implied this setting as far as I remember.

And it will be not VC 2. It is a main part of the Kiseki series. The strengh of the Kiseki series was always story and character interaction and we already have five games (six if you count Nayuta) to prove it. No way will they screw up this setting out of all places.

I have high hopes for this game and will be mad if they disappoint
Old 2012-12-15, 20:38   Link #12
marvelB

Speaking of Nayuta, I'd love for Falcom to make a sequel to that game.... that was honestly one of my favorite games this year, period. Though I dunno how it compared to Ys Celceta gameplay-wise since I don't have a Vita yet.....

But yeah, I think the school/militaristic setting is to be expected, as well. The Erebonian Empire gets a LOT of hype throughout the Trails series as this huge, powerful entity (excluding Nayuta, which is only related to the series by name). It's sort of like the equivalent to the Romun Empire from the Ys series, if I had to use a Falcom-related comparison. I'm also guessing that this may be the installment where the leader of Ouroboros will finally be revealed.....
Old 2012-12-17, 04:07   Link #13
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

You can always watch the rather bad OVA that, if I understand correctly, covers the first bits of game 2. It doesn't do much to continue the story that left us non-Japanese speakers hanging at the end of game 1, but any crumbs are better than none...right?

I, for one, have zero faith that Xseed will actually release either game 2 or 3.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 09:46   Link #14
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
You can always watch the rather bad OVA that, if I understand correctly, covers the first bits of game 2. It doesn't do much to continue the story that left us non-Japanese speakers hanging at the end of game 1, but any crumbs are better than none...right?
No

Quote:
I, for one, have zero faith that Xseed will actually release either game 2 or 3.
Even if we do get SC they still have to release 3rd, Zero and Ao before Sen hits the store. I love Xseed but I think they underestimated the Kiseki series a little bit. It also doesn't help that the PSP is prety much dead. I hope the PS3/Vita switch will encourage the release.
Old 2012-12-17, 09:57   Link #15
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
No

Even if we do get SC they still have to release 3rd, Zero and Ao before Sen hits the store. I love Xseed but I think they underestimated the Kiseki series a little bit. It also doesn't help that the PSP is prety much dead. I hope the PS3/Vita switch will encourage the release.
Same, since Vita might as well be dead everywhere.
Old 2012-12-17, 11:14   Link #16
defki

Yes sadly but at least people can get FC and SC and they won't be pirated to death. I am sure 3rd will also be realeased on PS3. PSN for Zero and Ao. As long as fucking SCEA doesn't get in the way.
Old 2012-12-17, 17:45   Link #17
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Less abbreviations, please. This is hard to follow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
And it will be not VC 2. It is a main part of the Kiseki series.
Does VC 2 stand for Valkyria Chronicles 2? Because that was a main part of its series.
Old 2012-12-17, 19:19   Link #18
defki

Yes VC 2 is Valkyria Chronicles 2 and I didn't mean that it's not a maint part of the VC series. I meant that Sen is a main part of the Kiseki series with a major setting that was mentioned in several games. Falcom will not ruin this. Too many people scream VC 2 when they see a military academy or some school and that the game will be bad because of it. Just because Sega screwed up doesn't mean Falcom will.

Last edited by defki; 2012-12-17 at 22:28.
Old 2012-12-17, 19:23   Link #19
marvelB

Quote:

Hey, there was a time when I nearly gave up hope on the FIRST game being released overseas. And yet.... we got it. And so, from that point on I learned that optimism is the best policy!

Also, we kind of shouldn't forget that compared to all the other Trails games, SC is freaking HUGE (takes up TWO UMDs on the physical PSP release). Honestly, if Xseed actually succeeds in tackling that monster of an RPG, everything else should be a cakewalk to localize in comparison......
Old 2012-12-26, 09:07   Link #20
defki

http://gematsu.com/2012/12/falcom-pr...-sen-no-kiseki

A lot of interesting points about gameplay and story.

"The time period is still under wraps, but they want to depict a period after Sora, Zero, and Ao"

"Even if certain characters appear, it’s treated like their first appearance in the empire. They become episodes regarding all the past series. Particularly, The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki The 3rd becomes an episode that double tracks this title, hinting at Crossbell."

"The big war in the empire that has been alluded to previously will actually occur"

So basically no english release for the near future confirmed. I don't see this game coming over until we get the other 5 if this is true. Not that I expected it to come in the first place. Gonna be fun with my crappy japanese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, we kind of shouldn't forget that compared to all the other Trails games, SC is freaking HUGE (takes up TWO UMDs on the physical PSP release). Honestly, if Xseed actually succeeds in tackling that monster of an RPG, everything else should be a cakewalk to localize in comparison......
I could be wrong but as far as I remember the script of Ao and Zero is almost or just as big as the one in SC. I still say Xseed underestimated the Kiseki games and that they should get help. Sen is supposed to be even bigger and more ambitious.

Last edited by defki; 2012-12-26 at 09:36.

Tags
erebonia, falcom, nice story, pc/steam, rpg elements, story rpg, trails of cold steel, trails series, xseed, zemuria