AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2014-12-15, 11:37   Link #461
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
--Well shit, look what you got yourself into Trips. Though, this seems awfully familiar to a certain scene from a certain film. IIRC, he also ends up saving the day...

--Oh hai Ryoko. Back for the 15,533rd time I see. You know, as meta strong as you are, you don't need to listen to Jinnai (maybe he has Yuki hostage somehow).

--Good job anticipating my reaction to the rain not affecting Sayaka. As I didn't see Homura mentioned either, I think I can guess what's coming.

--Puella Selector Mayu and Incubator the Familiar LRIG. NAO.

--Wait, Santa, we're supposed to be saving you. Don't go and--! ...Ugh...

--Stop making me want to watch Love Live! 2 sooner than later.

--Kona is right. Where does Jinnai get all these Magnificent Hazards from? I ask, as the pot grows as black as the kettle.

--We didn't need to cut away from Miyuki doing that. I'm sure there's a doujin of this somewhere already.

--N-not that I'd look it up.

--...stop looking at me like that!

--Honoka on ClariS' stage. There's something to μ's about.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-15, 11:55   Link #462
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
For... obvious reasons, it seems I'll be handling this one...
You know you like doing it.
... Just keep telling yourself that...
Spoiler for Silver Review #3: Blue Christmas:

There... You're handling the next chapter, though. I don't care how awkward you feel talking about yourself... also, you owe me a treacle cake for the three-and-a-half chapters you made me cover for you...
Fine...

Anyway... A great chapter, as usual. And I so would ignore being punched in the face long enough to laugh at an ironic situation I found myself in.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-16, 09:06   Link #463
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
“I guess size really doesn’t matter…” Dr. Casey said.
Hey, Hey, Hey, HEY!

Quote:
He then clicked his heels, and gestured his hands over his chest, causing cute boots and magical bows to appear. He then leaned his face forward, closed his eyes, and made an open mouth smile while making an indescribably moe sound that caused Haak to hhhhhnnnngggg violently!
Not only does that sound incredibly dirty, my character will now be scared for life because he reacted like that to a trap.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-16, 12:02   Link #464
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Heh, Haak's attack. I'm just going to believe the reason it turned out like that is linked to Kanae Itou. The size for the lack of roles she's been getting lately, but the strength of the attack reflects the love Haak has for her.

m0ef0x's transformation scene was outstanding. A nasty allergic reaction for magical girls? It renders them completely useless?
I honestly thought Sayaka-chan would do something to help last moment, somehow. But then you bring in Honoka!

Hmm, now I wonder if 2 certain sponsored heroes (among many others) will make an appearance in the story...
Old 2014-12-17, 00:11   Link #465
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
“It is, of course, as I suspected…” began Tatsuya Dark, in a starkly serious sombre tone, as his eyes grew increasingly intense, “What we are dealing with now is far worse than a Sayaka or a Nanoha or even an Akuma Homura. Since all of them have powers that are measurable, reliably reproducible, predictable. We know their upper limits, and so we know what they can conceivably accomplish in any given situation. We do not know that when it comes to Honoka Kousaka. About half the time she is no more a threat than an average airheaded school girl, not even worth an afterthought. But the other half the time her will is utterly unbelievably unstoppable. It’s like she has an Incubator living within her, but she can only control it half the time. But that alone makes her an intolerable X Factor! Do not let her seemingly simple-minded silliness fool you, Jinnai. Do not make the mistake that Kira Tsubasa did…”

“Of course I won’t!” Jinnai exclaimed in reply, as his eyes also grew increasingly intense, “Everything you stated is useful intelligence, but I don’t need to know any of it to realize that this girl needs to be eliminated! Do you hear me, Asakura?”

Jinnai and Asakura were audibly connected through two linked high-tech earpieces.

“Yes, I do.” Asakura confirmed, “But I don’t need to hear any of that to want to kill this girl for my own reasons. I really do want her to die…”

So Asakura then leapt high into the air, leaving the ClariS audience gasping in awe! Asakura then landed directly in front of a Honoka with a look of fearful surprise in her eyes. Asakura then rapidly pushed a knife directly at Honoka’s throat!

But then, out of nowhere, Asakura’s knife was shattered in two by a perfectly executed descending chop from a human hand. Now it was Asakura’s turn to have a look of fearful surprise in her eyes!

“In Soviet Russia, you cut knife!” exclaimed Eri Ayase, having arrived to save her friend and idol group leader.

“But don’t worry, your breasts can be appreciated anywhere!” added in Nozomi, leaping on top of Asakura from behind, and starting to squeeze her breasts.

Asakura started to shriek due to this strong stealthy sexual assault!

“Normally I’m horrified by Nozomi doing that…” interjected Nico, “But against someone trying to hurt Honoka, I’ll make an exception!”

“You attack one Muse member, you attack us all” stated Hanayo, sounding like a kuudere.

“Kayochin, that was so cool!” exclaimed Rin enthusiastically, causing Hanayo to shyly chuckle.

“So everybody’s here, except…” began Umi

“Maki!” chirped Kotori, “Where’s Maki-chan?”

Ho ho ho!” came an implicit reply from the recovered Santa Claus, standing next to a Maki looking off to the side and playing with her hair, “When Maki saw my Team America friends and I on the ground, she rushed to our aid right away!”

“And what that means, brother, is that the Christmas and Hulkamania combo gets a second chance, and I always make good on second chances!” shouted Hulk Hogan, gesturing theatrically, complimented by Santa’s jolly laughter.

“But I think we should bring in a third element to really seal the deal, Hulkster!” exclaimed Santa Claus.

“What element is that?” asked Honoka

You!” answered Santa Claus.

And with that, we begin…

Chapter 8 – Start;Dashing Through The Snow!

“Good day, ladies” stated a grinning Kirito, addressing Muse with swift suave smoothness, as he suddenly appeared on the ClariS stage, “I think I know what the big man in red is thinking, so let me provide the perfect setup for that.”

“Sure!” exclaimed Nozomi cheerfully, and with closed eyes, as she pushed a now thoroughly disoriented Asakura towards Kirito.

Kirito then grunted loudly as he delivered a fearsome uppercut to Asakura’s chin with the butt-end of his sword. This sent Asakura flying high into the air, and far away from the ClariS stage, landing on the ground with a thud.

“Now, Honoka!” shouted Santa Claus, standing in his sleigh headed by eight reindeer, with Hulk Hogan by his side, “Think you can give us a lift?”

Several of the Muse girls giggled gleefully at the sight, knowing what would come next.

Ok everybody!” proclaimed Honoka, “It’s time for the Ho…”

“Ho…” added Santa Claus

“Ho Attack!” shouted Hulk Hogan.

And with that, Honoka and Muse started near the end of the Snow Halation song, with Honoka gesturing dramatically outwards with her arms and hands while singing at the top of her lungs! Aided by her fellow Muse members supporting her, this singing was enough to charge up Santa’s sleigh and send it swiftly streaking skywards. Then, once that sleigh was one hundred meters directly over Asakura’s fallen form, as she slowly rose to her feet…

Hulk Hogan leapt over the side of Santa’s sleigh, stretching out one leg while plummeting downwards. Asakura could only look up at her incoming legdrop of doom.

In Pokemon terms, this ultimate legdrop of doom was Super Effective! But its result was much more than just Ryoko Asakura fainting. She instead appeared to disintegrate into a snowstorm of shining purple and blue and white pixels!

This caused the ClariS crowd to erupt into their most massive cheer yet! Kaname Madoka politely clapped her hands, and smiled widely at her friend Hulk Hogan’s victory.

In the relative background, the magical girls named Nanoha Takamachi, Sailor Faerie, M0ef0xZer0, Konakaga, and Hooves, all put the finishing touches on Noise, mopping up what was left of these fiends.

“Yes…” said Tuxedo R weakly, looking upwards while lying on his stomach with a boyish smile and sparkle in his eyes, “The Hulkster once said that a true artiste should be remembered for his inspiration, not his perspiration. But neither compares to Snow HalationUnnnhhh…”

But then Tuxedo R fell unconscious to the ground, due to considerable blood loss and exhaustion.

“Tuxedo R!” cried out Hooves.

“We need to get him and all the other non-magical girls in the JLMG… yes, I know that makes no sense, but just please play along with me… some medical help right away!” added in Sailor Faerie.

Sayaka Miki could use a different sort of help as she leapt through the tall towering trees and foliage of Wonderland. For there, she was now caught in combat with Ulith!

Who are you?!” Sayaka asked Ulith angrily, as she parried a couple of Ulith’s purplish blasts with sharp sword swings, “Where are we?!”

“I already told you who I am, ‘mother’” Ulith answered Sayaka, while the two clashed weapons in sprinting and leaping combat in the colorful wilds of Wonderland, “As for where you are, that’s a surprise I want to leave for later.”

The two slender soulful short-haired warriors then continued their stampeding clash through Wonderland, sliding down tree vines, leaping over oversized flowers, and carefully avoiding recklessly racing rabbits. Their weapons clanged violently against each other another half-dozen times before Sayaka chose to address Ulith again.

“What do you mean by me being your mother?” Sayaka asked Ulith, “You look about the same age as I am!”

“Good ol’ Sayaka, her mind still squarely stuck in the box…” Ulith stated, taunting her, “After the truly touching tragedy you went through, you’d think you’d have learned to think a bit more carefully.”

I need to think more carefully?” Sayaka asked rhetorically, “You’re the one who’s acting nuttier than even Homura ever did!”

“So I’ve surpassed both my mothers, have I?” Ulith asked rhetorically in turn, sporting stretched shit-eating grins.

Ulith had now gained the upperhand in her conflict with Sayaka, as Ulith’s spikey reddish-purple spear pressed down upon Sayaka’s sword, leaving Sayaka to grit her teeth in the face of Ulith’s toothy smirk.

Enough!” cried Sayaka, as she managed to burst her way out of this predicament, forcing Ulith to leap backwards in the process.

Their fight then, finally, came to a standstill. Attacks would give way for words.

“Very well…” said Ulith, narrowing her eyes, “I’ll explain it to you. I’m a human created out of the hatred and bitterness of Akuma Homura. Homura was too drenched in all of that stark sweet sadism for her own good, so she made me out of it. And since there is nobody that’s annoyed Homura more than you, she made me in your image. She made me to look like you, only with white hair and purple eyes.”

Sayaka felt deeply disturbed by this startling revelation, yet she could sense a ring of truth to it.

“But if you’re a human…” she began in question to Ulith.

“Then why do I appear as I do now?” Ulith asked, finishing Sayaka’s question for her, “It’s due to a wonderfully wicked WIXOSS game, causing mass suffering and crushed dreams. I played that game, and became a LRIG, much like you became a witch, and this is my LRIG form.”

“…Your LRIG form let loose in the real world?” Sayaka asked, perceptively.

Aaahhh… for all your naivety, my other mother is right, you can be sharp at times.” Ulith replied.

“Putting all of that aside, why are you fighting me?” Sayaka asked, “Do you resent me for some reason?”

“Not really.” Ulith said, “I love nothing more than seeing beautiful things break. And so I find it deeply satisfying to be the ‘child’ of two girls who were both broke by their pure beautiful love for another. Pure love, and pure hopes and dreams, crushed under the white paws of the Incubators! Could a more gorgeous and humorous story ever be told? Well, perhaps the story of a loving daughter killing her own parents could top it…”

“…You’re insane” Sayaka stated.

“No more than you are” Ulith replied, “I’m just insane in the exact opposite direction. I’m both your daughter, and your total inversion, Sayaka. But this shadow will now overtake the person who casted it, leaving but darkness in its wake!”

With that, Ulith and Sayaka renewed their fiercely frenzied fighting. A more calm renewal would occur elsewhere, as Tuxedo R slowly came to.

As he gazed upwards, he saw the face of Maki Nishikino carefully looking over him from above.

“W-where am I?” Tuxedo R asked weakly, “W-what’s going on?”

“You’re currently being the envy of all of Anime Suki’s Love Live fans” Dr. Casey said with a grin, arms folded across his chest, as he stood tall.

“Getting medical attention from Maki herself…” totoum added in, “You’re going to be such a target after this. You do know that, right?”

“S-Stop that!” protested Maki, blushing wildly, “Geez, I helped you guys to, don’t forget!”

“Oh, I’ll never forget that!” exclaimed Haak, his star-head lighting a bright yellow over thinking back to the soft healing touch of Maki.

“It’s the least expensive medical attention I ever received… in America!” added in Bandit Keith.

Maki could merely groan lightly in annoyance, as she put the finishing touches on treating Tuxedo R’s stab wound, tightly tying white bandages around it.

“There, that should do it” Maki said to Tuxedo R, as she stood back up, “Take it easy getting back to your feet, though, alright? I don’t want to have to work on you again, got it?!”

“…Y-yeah, I got it loud and clear…” Tuxedo R said with a grin, as he slowly rose to his feet.

“Great work, Maki!” Rin exclaimed to her.

“Wow, you’re just as good at medicine as you are at playing the piano!” shouted Honoka, as she raced around Maki to look Maki in the face.

“Hey, I am planning to take over a hospital don’t forget.” Maki replied, “It’s important for me to be Ok at this sort of stuff, don’t you think?”

“Ho Ho Ho!” laughed Santa-san, as he brought one hand down on Maki’s head, petting it, “You’re much more than just Ok at this. You’re a great friend and healer. You’ve always been near the top of my nice list every year.”

“…T-t-thank you, Santa-san.”, Maki replied, with a blush so red it matched Santa’s jacket.

“Wow, Maki likes Santa-san so much she can’t even pretend to dislike his compliments.” Eri stated.

“I wonder if that gives her even more appeal?” Nozomi asked, playing with her lips with one finger.

“It does!” confidently confirmed m0ef0xZer0, Anime Suki’s own moe scholar.

“I-it’s not like I’m doing all this medical work because I want to!” an annoyed Maki exclaimed.

M0ef0xzer0 chuckled at that, resulting in boisterous laughter resonating throughout all of Muse, the JLMG, and Team America, as though dominoes of laughter fell over. Maki sighed weakly, resigning herself to all of the unwanted attention. Thankfully for her, that attention would soon fall elsewhere.

“Hey, I just wondered, what happened to Kogetsu Shirogane?” asked Dr. Casey

“I-I can answer that!” perked up Nagisa Momoe, surprising everyone.

“Then please tell us” stated totoum, “Kogetsu Shirogane might be the last trouble-maker we have to deal with here in Florida!”

“Well, I’m afraid he’s not in Florida anymore…” Nagisa stated.

“Where is he then?” asked Konakaga.

“He’s in the same place that he took Sayaka and Ulith to when almost everybody was distracted by m0ef0xZer0’s magical girl transformation” Nagisa began in answer, “He’s in Wonderland!”

“Wonderland?!” everybody in the JLMG exclaimed in bewilderment.

And it’s now back to Wonderland that we turn our attentions.

With a large battle cry, Sayaka delivered a devastating kick to Ulith’s midsection, sending her crashing loudly into a nearby tree, falling on her butt! Ulith winced in pain, while Sayaka slowly walked towards her.

“Give it up, Ulith!” Sayaka shouted at her, “I managed to cut your ghastly spear in half with my sword, and so you’re now outmatched. Just surrender peacefully, and lead us back to my new friends, and I’ll let you go against my better judgement.”

“You really have gotten soft, haven’t you?” Ulith asked in turn, “There was a time you would have killed an obvious villain like me, and without a second thought. Now you’re even as soft as your dear mentor, Mami Tomoe!”

“I’ll take that as a compliment!” Sayaka replied, “But yes, I have changed. That’s why your empty taunts are so useless now… but I do feel some pity for you. Maybe someday I can be a good ‘mother’ and help you see the error of your ways.”

Uggghh…” Ulith replied, thoroughly disgusted, “Please spare me your sickening platitudes! This is not over, not even close. Is it, Kogetsu?”

“Kogetsu?” Sayaka asked, while she looked sideways to see this Mad Hatter in Wonderland, standing next to a mechanical rabbit.

“Normally, I’d invite you for tea and cake in a place like this” Kogetsu said to Sayaka, while he lifted up a tea-cup, “But the last thing I’d want is to turn you into Yui Hirasawa! So instead, let’s see you become what you’re best at – being an underdog. And in order for that to happen, I will now raise Ulith to… Level 5!”

With that, brightly yellow electricity shot out of Kogetsu’s Mecha-Hare, and impacted Ulith!

Ulith then figuratively grew, gaining colorful edges to her attire in the process. She also gained much more strength and speed, and with it she charged towards Sayaka, and sent Sayaka soaring with a startling uppercut. Sayaka grimaced in pain, as she landed on the grassy ground, about one hundred feet away. With a shit-eating grin on her face, Ulith slowly and menacingly walked towards Sayaka.

“Now the daughter will surpass the mother…” stated Ulith, “Once and for all.”

“No she won’t!” came a gruff but clear cry from above, the sweetest music Sayaka had heard since Kamijo’s last violin recital.

Kyouko!” Sayaka shouted in exictement, as the swashbuckling spear-wielder struck down at Ulith, forcing her back.

But more than one presumptive yuri pairing would form this day.

“Nobody hurts Ulith!” came a cry from the lovely luscious lips of Aki-Lucky!

Aki-Lucky then raced maddeningly at Kyouko, trying to stab her with a cracked beer bottle. Aki-Lucky’s face had a look of insanity even deeper than Ulith’s, managing to make even Kyouko’s eyes grow wide at the sight of it.

“It looks like our girlfriends will take care of each other” stated Ulith, as she rose once more to her feet, and glared towards the also standing Sayaka, “Now that leaves me to take care of you! Nobody is left to help you now, Sayaka!”

“You’re wrong” stated a bow-wielder very familiar to Sayaka, though her current attire definitely wasn’t.

“Madoka…” Sayaka said, as her and Ulith looked up at the star-spangled magical girl, “Why are you here?!”

“But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement the greater part of life is sunshine” replied Madoka, quoting Thomas Jefferson, “You’re my friend, Sayaka, so let me now give you the benevolent power necessary in order to bring the sunshine of life back to Wonderland!”

Madoka then took aim at Sayaka with an arrow of empowerment, and it struck against Sayaka, causing her to…

“No” cried Ulith, “Now she will be Level 5 as well!”

All appeared to now be going well for our heroes. Such cheer, goodwill, and peace towards all, could be felt at the MCU Amphitheatre.

“So you and Kyouko were guarding ClariS and Muse backstage this entire time?” Konakaga asked Nagisa, "And you did this after arriving in Florida along with Santa Claus?"

“Right” answered Nagisa, “We thought about getting involved earlier, but Kirito wanted us to stay safe. We then considered getting involved just before the JLMG arrived, but after their arrival, we felt it was best to wait and watch on and continue guarding ClariS and Muse.”

“But that changed, of course, when Kogetsu made off with Sayaka” stated Kirito.

“Exactly” confirmed Nagisa.

“Well, with Madoka also heading off to help Sayaka, she should be back safely soon”, stated Hooves confidently, “And Nanoha just took off with Jail, so he’s also out of our hair now.”

“It looks like Christmas is almost saved!” Tuxedo R said cheerfully, “With the JLMG, Kirito, Konakaga, and Hooves all working together, we should be able to retake the North Pole!”

“And everything is finally fine here, thankfully” stated Sailor Faerie, as she looked about the deeply relieved crowds, many receiving emergency medical care from Dr. Casey and Maki, while others were treated to autographs from ClariS members.

Several sighs of relief could be heard, and several bright smiles could be seen. Santa now stood alone in his sleigh, about to head off. He had decided to try to locate the fallen Rudolph, and Santa was confident that he would do so. Then he would return, and everybody would charge victoriously into the North Pole! It appeared that Honoka had made good on her promise to end Chrismas Blues. But was she mistaken, in a war involving Gary Stus?

Out of nowhere, a large rainbow-colored teleportation circle appeared directly behind Santa Claus! Santa Claus was then stabbed from behind, straight through his belly, by a paralyzing energy-knife coming off the hand of… Emperor Jinnai! Jinnai was flanked by Tatsuya and Miyuki Dark!

All of the gathered heroes raced with pulse-pounding adrenaline-pumping desperation at Santa, to try to save him! But this would be of no use, as their legs would become frozen in place by Miyuki Dark’s sprinkler style freezing blasts! Then Tatsuya took aim…

He pointed an old-fashioned gun directly at Honoka Kousaka. She was now caught in his crosshairs.

‘So long, Honoka…’ Tatsuya thought to himself.

In the distraction caused by Jinnai’s shocking move, nobody noticed who Tatsuya was aiming at! Nobody except Honoka’s most loyal friend…

It seemed like time had slowed to a mere crawl, as a silver bullet came flying out of the chamber of Tatsuya’s gun, while a greatly alarmed Kotori pushed herself against Honoka with all the strength that Kotori could bear! Kotori would succeed in knocking Honoka away from the bullet’s trajectory, but in the process…

Kotori was shot through the head with a bullet. Blood spurted everywhere, with Honoka getting an eyeful of the most horrific sight she had ever seen. A laughing Jinnai successfully made off with Santa, along with Tatsuya and Miyuki.

“~KOTORI-CHAN!!!” cried Honoka, tears flying from her eyes, in wretched shock.

Yes!” exclaimed Jinnai, pumping a fist triumphantly, as he deposited an unconscious Santa Claus unto the floor, back in Santa’s largest workshop.

“Your joy is overstated” stated Tatsuya, “We successfully captured Santa Claus, but Honoka managed to survive my attack.”

“Oh, don’t be silly!” Jinnai exclaimed, “With Santa’s soul gem added to my own, I’ll have the Orbital Death Christmas Tree fully operational in only 30 minutes! We will be hacking into every major news network in the interim, to make my demands for world surrender clear! We are, at most, but an hour away from complete and total victory! And as for Ms. Kousaka… she’s powered by hope and friendship, isn’t she? What hope do you think she can muster now, huh? As far as I’m concerned, we just killed two birds with one stone.
Bwa-ha-ha-hahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAahahahahAHA-HA-HA~!!!”

Kotori…” cried Honoka softly, while being comforted by Eri Ayase

To Be Continued…

----------

Notes - Thanks to everyone for the awesome replies and reviews! I'll try to get to them, and any Chapter 8 reviews, over the next day or two. My personal plot ideas for actual anime characters in Chapter 8 ended up taking up a lot of time, so I couldn't squeeze much in for the AS member inserts. I'll try to make up for that later on, so don't worry too much about it now.

Instead... worry about Kotori and Santa! I eagerly look forward to hearing what everybody here thought of Chapter 8.

Anime shows featured in this chapter:
Puella Magi Madoka Magica (Madoka, Sayaka, Kyoko, Nagisa, and overall setting)
El Hazard: The Magnificent World (fanfic version of main villain - Katsuhiko Jinnai)
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (Tatsuya Dark, Miyuki Dark)
Love Live! School Idol Project (all of Muse, also reference to Kira Tsubasa)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Ryoko Asakura)
Selector-Infected WIXOSS (Ulith, Aoi Akira)
Symphogear (Noise, references)
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS (Nanoha Takamachi, Jail Scaglietti)
Yu-Gi-Oh! (Bandit Keith)
Guilty Crown (Dan Eagleman)
Girls Und Panzer (Kay)
Other anime references - will explain any if requested.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2014-12-17 at 07:59.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 02:00   Link #466
Akito Kinomoto

Spoiler for SEICHUSEN GODANZUKI:
GANBARIMASU
Old 2014-12-17, 06:44   Link #467
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
But then, out of nowhere, Asakura’s knife was shattered in two by a perfectly executed descending chop from a human hand. Now it was Asakura’s turn to have a look of fearful surprise in her eyes!

“In Soviet Russia, you cut knife!” exclaimed Eri Ayase, having arrived to save her friend and idol group leader.

Quote:
But more than one presumptive yuri pairing would form this day.

“Nobody hurts Ulith!” came a cry from the lovely luscious lips of Aki-Lucky!

Aki-Lucky then raced maddeningly at Kyouko, trying to stab her with a cracked beer bottle. Aki-Lucky’s face had a look of insanity even deeper than Ulith’s, managing to make even Kyouko’s eyes grow wide at the sight of it.
Good lord, just what the hell happens in WIXOSS? Maybe I should give the second season a chance.
Old 2014-12-17, 07:17   Link #468
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Chapter 8 thoughts:
  • Tatsuya's opening monologue was so amusing.
  • Eri's knife catch line, Eri's line about Maki, Bandit Keith's medical line, or Tuxedo R's collapsing line, I am not sure which is best line this chapter all of them made laugh hard IN Soviet Russia!, wait that's wrong.
  • Sayaka & Ulith's section was amazing written in both Dialogue and action, well done A fight this good couldn't have possibly have taken place in IN AMERICA, so natural it didn't.
  • I was nearly forgot about Kyouko and wondered where she was, then she showed up IN WONDERLAND.
  • This Madoka quoting presidents never gets old, somehow.
  • The Escalation seems like it finally might be at it's end now. I would hope so, this already a cast size rivaling Horizon even Is it really ok to bring this many people without passports to AMERICA?!
  • Noooo poor Kotori D:, at least it was to protect Honoka . If you're were expecting a poor taste IN AMERICA joke here, you're wrong you fiend!
  • Things turned rather grim fast towards end time, I guess this replaces the Escalation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Good lord, just what the hell happens in WIXOSS? Maybe I should give the second season a chance.
Insanity, lots of it.
MAL

Last edited by Kotohono; 2014-12-17 at 07:47.
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 07:59   Link #469
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Maki interacting with Santa, that was...very imaginable.
Oh so that's where Sayaka went! YES for Kyouko appearance, but dang it at Aki-lucky showing up wtf.
Quote:
‘So long, Honoka…’ Tatsuya thought to himself.

In the distraction caused by Jinnai’s shocking move, nobody noticed who Tatsuya was aiming at! Nobody except Honoka’s most loyal friend…

It seemed like time had slowed to a mere crawl, as a silver bullet came flying out of the chamber of Tatsuya’s gun, while a greatly alarmed Kotori pushed herself against Honoka with all the strength that Kotori could bear! Kotori would succeed in knocking Honoka away from the bullet’s trajectory, but in the process…

Kotori was shot through the head with a bullet. Blood spurted everywhere, with Honoka getting an eyeful of the most horrific sight she had ever seen. A laughing Jinnai successfully made off with Santa, along with Tatsuya and Miyuki.

“~KOTORI-CHAN!!!” cried Honoka, tears flying from her eyes, in wretched shock.
No.......
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! WHYYYYY???!?!?! How could you do that RRR ;_; even if there was some sort of illusion magic / substitution that imagery....damn it. Not Kotori-chan!

PS Konakaga is going crazy with those hidden AMERICA jokes. Should've killed her off instead of poor Kotori-chan! ;_;
Old 2014-12-17, 18:54   Link #470
Dr. Casey

I was going to review last night, but suddenly started feeling sick and wasn't up to it. I'm feeling better after a good (read: 11 hours) night's sleep, so time to catch up on reviews of chapters 5-8.

Spoiler for thoughts:
Old 2014-12-17, 22:00   Link #471
Triple_R
*Author

Now, time for a lot of replies to my really reliable readers and reviewers, who truly deserve a cool cheerful Christmas!

I might not get to every reply made over the last few days, but hopefully I won't miss any one person who did make a reply recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
That transformation sequence... are you trying to scar me for life?
Ha ha! As m0ef0x's brother, you must have a good idea of what he looks like, so I imagine you're getting truly disturbing visual images out of my transformation sequence.

Quote:
Is it bad if I didn't immediately think of Mami when you mentioned "anime’s most famous musketeer"?
50 Sento is off to a nice start, but she's not quite at Mami's level yet, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
[*]Alas poor Santa, I knew him, IN AMERICA Ok, I'll stop now sorry, I couldn't help it.
Ha ha! That was great.

I'm really glad that you liked Chapters 6, 7, and 8 a lot going by your reviews of them. I'm also glad that you're happy with how your AS Character image came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kinomoto View Post

--Puella Selector Mayu and Incubator the Familiar LRIG. NAO.
I'd love to read a more serious Madoka/WIXOSS crossover. Using ideas like your own here, I think it could be a blast!

Quote:
--Stop making me want to watch Love Live! 2 sooner than later.
I'm afraid I've spoiled you on the ending to Season 2 Episode 1.

Quote:
--Kona is right. Where does Jinnai get all these Magnificent Hazards from? I ask, as the pot grows as black as the kettle.
Great El Hazard pun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post

This chapter starts off not in Florida, Canada, the White House, the North Pole, or anywhere else this story has covered so far, but on a nondescript skyscraper in Japan.
Throwing in stops in Wonderland, the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, and a brief stop in Europe, I'm really pleased at all the setting differences the fanfic has had. I think that sort of thing can make a fanfic feel more adventurous, or even epic.

Quote:
Nice rhyming with Honoka's dialogue, by the way.
Thanks, I did put extra work in on that bit of dialogue.

Quote:
Hey, Hey, Hey, HEY!

Hey, at least you're not wielding a big, huge sword. Then that would really be suggestive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post
Heh, Haak's attack. I'm just going to believe the reason it turned out like that is linked to Kanae Itou. The size for the lack of roles she's been getting lately, but the strength of the attack reflects the love Haak has for her.
LMAO! Well-played.

Quote:
m0ef0x's transformation scene was outstanding.
0utf0xZer0's character idea has just worked wonders for this fanfic. I'm very happy he went with something bold and risky, because it has helped a lot. I'm also very happy that this transformation scene came off so well.

Quote:
Ryoko going from no-sell to jobber in half a chapter. Also, JLMG, HBK called; he wants his overselling back. Wait, Kotori's injury isn't part of the script? D:

--So, uh, I'm going to assume everyone climbed out of the cage to retreat while you were passed out...

--Only to get ambushed backstage. I guess Jinnai's stable would do something like that.
I loved the pro wrestling motif for your review here.

Quote:
Go for it! It's very amusing and almost continually surprising. I'm honestly a bit disappointed that a big Okada fan is missing out on some excellently entertaining work by her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
[*]Tatsuya's opening monologue was so amusing.
Honoka Kousaka really is something else. I don't think her character is appreciated as much as she probably should be. A truly magical character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post

No.......
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! WHYYYYY???!?!?! How could you do that RRR ;_;
I thought long and hard on my planned ending for Chapter 8. But I've always liked how a lot of anime shows get a bit more dark and dramatic just before the end, and so I thought that was worth emulating here. Plus, I have to admit, there is a little bit of Gen Urobuchi in me. Like him, I think that characters often shine the brightest in their darkest moments, perhaps ironically.

There's probably 2 more chapters left, by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post

- Foul-mouthed Haak is best Haak, and Understanding-of-SHAFT-Character-Abuse Triple is best Triple.
You see, Dr. Casey gets it.

Quote:
- I love the mental image of a weary, exasperated Obama ruminating over how to handle Noel.
I'm glad the White House scene went over well. I wanted it to be both a bit comedic, but also more realistic/serious than, say, a SNL sketch. Thankfully it seems like I managed to walk the line there.

Quote:

- Santa Claus fighting Hecate. That's awesome. And Santa even knows Blizzaga.
I love how you pick up on small details that are easy to miss like that one. I thought Blizzaga was a perfect magical power to give to a Puer Magi Santa Claus.

Quote:
... Madoka. Her speaking in almost nothing but quotes from past presidents and famous American figures is completely hilarious.

- "Let your discourse with men of business be short and comprehensive" You never liked Japan anywhere near this much, Madoka...
Magical Girl USA Kaname Madoka might be my best idea in the entire fanfic, especially if we rule out ideas where other AS members helped a lot (like M0ef0xZer0). I love Kogetsu's star-spangled color job on her, and I've had a lot of fun writing her (though it does mean I have to look up some quotes for her, lol)

Quote:
41 characters in this battle. I doubt there's many battles in any story that involve 41 different fighters. This battle is fucking epic.
My years of reading massive DC/Marvel crossover events is paying off. I doubt I could handle a cast this size otherwise.

This cast size probably now rivals that of a big comic book crossover event, which definitely is pretty cool.

Quote:

- The massive alliteration session immediately after the chapter title was great. Not sure if my attack is a reference to the time I trolled the Nanoha forums in 2009 by making a joke character that was massively overpowered, then created a new version that was deliberately underpowered and had flicking the opponent as one of his attacks. Sailor Faerie's move really does sound like a shoujo attack from the 90s, and Haak is at his usual Haak-y best with that attack incantation, and with the attack itself.
The JLMG is very well-balanced, personality-wise and nationality-wise and diversity-wise. We have a little bit of everything, just like an actual comic book superhero team. It really flows well with my writing approach.

Quote:
I imagined that it was where the final battle would take place, but since Jinnai just arrived at the Amphitheater with Tatsuya and Miyuki, it seems that the finale will actually be a simultaneous Florida/Wonderland battle.
Slight correction here. Jinnai/Tatsuya/Miyuki teleported in and back out. They teleported in to get Santa and attempt to snipe Honoka. Then they teleported back to the North Pole with Santa. I probably could have been a bit clearer there. So the final fight will probably be in the North Pole, but I'm glad you liked the Wonderland setting anyway.

Thanks a lot for the great reviews, everyone. Special thanks to Dr. Casey for reviewing 4 chapters in one go - definitely made my evening.

Chapter 9 should be up sometime between now and Saturday, with Friday probably being the most likely time for it to be up.

Final chapter will likely be up Sunday or Monday.
Old 2014-12-17, 22:42   Link #472
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The amount of characters to keep track of surpasses Shirobako by miles.
Old 2014-12-19, 08:48   Link #473
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Sorry I'm so slow! I didn't want to randomly rush through chapters, so I'm just going to be slow.

So, Chapter 5!

- have to echo Dr Casey. So impressive, M0ef0xZer0
- "By the power of Skeletor…!" - lmao
- Is this the right time to mention that I can not think of Masters of the Universe anymore without hearing Ellen DeGeneres do a reading of 50 Shades of Blargh? No? Oh, did that ruin your day?
- M0ef0xZer0 x Dr casey? I can ship that xD
- lol @totoums ability, that is pretty genius.
- is that a Love Live pun I spot...?
- hah I thought it was going to be a creepy guy, but he just wanted a...drink.
- Miyuki.... picturing what you dream about made me spit out my tea xD
- seriously those bugs. We need the cast of terraformars at this point.
- ... or that. Yass, Symphogear!
Old 2014-12-19, 16:49   Link #474
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Insert generic lead-in apologizing for being incredibly late again.
... Insert condescending retort...
Insert nervous response leading into review...
Spoiler for Jingle All the Way:

All in all, this was quite a chapter, indeed. Especially that ending, quite a shock. Really curious to see just how far you're planning to go now.

Oh... and at the risk of becoming a pariah among Homura fans, I'd like to muse about something...
Spoiler for pleasedonthurtme:
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...

Last edited by Kogetsu Shirogane; 2014-12-21 at 11:51.
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-19, 23:48   Link #475
Triple_R
*Author

Maki methodically marched into action, at the sight of her severely injured fallen friend. In the heat of the moment, all of Maki’s medical studies and training came back to her. Thankfully, she knew enough to stop Kotori’s bleeding, and ensure that Kotori’s pulse would continue for now.

Muse’s collective attention was now very much focused on Kotori. Everybody else was worried about Kotori and Santa Claus, but Kotori’s situation certainly seemed of more immediate concern right now.

“…Maki, is Kotori going to be Ok?” Eri managed in question, once more taking charge of Muse with Honoka no longer up to the task, as Honoka continued to cry on Eri’s shoulders.

“I-I’m going to do everything I can.” Maki replied, “But I’m not going to lie… It’s not good. And this sort of wound… I’ve never prepared myself for something like this…”

Maki was close to breaking down in tears herself, as she struggled strenuously to keep Kotori alive. Nico placed one hand on Maki’s shoulder to try to comfort her friend through this.

“How about you, Dr. Casey?” asekd totoum, “Can you help here?”

“I am a physician, but my main expertise is in electronics and robotics” began Dr. Casey in answer, “I’m probably less well-suited to deal with this sort of situation than Maki is.”

“What are we going to do?!” exclaimed a questioning Rin, putting her hands over her mouth, while tears rushed to her eyes.

With that, Umi started breaking down into tears as well, while Hanayo comforted Rin. The scene was one of deep dark depression. Until…

Darthtabby!” cried out m0ef0xZer0, as she saw a plane flying towards them, with her brother piloting it.

“That looks like one of the planes in The Pilot’s Love Song!” added in Haak.

And sure enough, it did, as it was yet another life-sized plane replica in Darthtabby’s collection. Darthtabby made a good soft landing of his plane. After that, he quickly exited the plane, along with his flying companion. Haak, Tuxedo R, and m0ef0xZer0 all rushed over to greet moef0xZer0’s brother.

“Please don’t cry out to me like that while in that form…” Darthtabby said to his ‘brother’ right now, “Your magical girl transformation is disturbing enough!”

“S-sorry” moefoxZe0 replied, while scratching the back of her head, “But that’s not what’s important right now! What’s important is…”

“Kotori’s situation” interjected Darthtabby’s flying companion, “We know.”

Ledgem!” exclaimed Tuxedo R, “I haven’t seen you in ages!”

“It’s good to be back.” Ledgem said with a smile, “Especially at such an integral moment.”

Ledgem then quickly moved towards where Maki and Kotori were now lying.

“Let me help you.” Ledgem said to Maki, “I’m very knowledgeable about brain science and brain surgery.”

“Sure... please do!” exclaimed Maki in reply.

Ledgem then began working tirelessly to save Kotori’s life!

A few minutes later, after Kotori’s head had been thoroughly worked on and bandaged up…

“Is she going to make it, Ledgem?” Tuxedo R asked him with a whisper.

“I don’t know.” Ledgem answered in brutal honesty, “I’d say her odds are 50/50.”

“Is there anything else that can be done?” Dr. Casey asked Ledgem.

“Likely not, from a scientific perspective”, answered Ledgem, “However, you do have actual magicians in your ranks, don’t you? Healing magic may achieve what science alone can’t.”

Dr. Casey and Tuxedo R then looked towards Hooves, Konakaga, moef0xZer0, and Sailor Faerie.

“This really sucks!” exclaimed Sailor Faerie, “One of the few types of magic I don’t know! If only Sayaka was here…”

I am!” came a definitive shout, worthy of the Fortissimo hairpiece!

Honoka, Eri, and Umi’s eyes then quickly shifted to the returning Sayaka Miki.

“Let me through” Sayaka said to Maki and Umi, who were kneeling next to Kotori, “I’ll finish the healing!”

“Sayaka… no!” cried Kyouko, following behind her, “You don’t have enough magic left for…”

But Kyouko’s protestations arrived too late, for Sayaka rapidly healed Kotori with a big bluish burst of magic!

“…Unnnhhh…” moaned an awakening Kotori, as her head wound had disappeared, and her eyes opened up, “W-what happened? I feel like I blacked out…”

~KOTORI!!!” cried Honoka, as she fell to her knees and tightly wrapped her arms around Kotori’s head and shoulders.

“Honoka?” Kotori began in question, “You’re Ok? Thank goodness! I saw that bullet, and…”

“SAYAKA!” cried Kyouko, as Sayaka fell to the ground, fainting due to heavy magic use.

Sayaka had fallen into unconsciousness, but it’s not likely she was having pleasant dreams. Instead she, like everybody else, was now experiencing a…

Chapter 9 – Nightmare Before Christmas

“Akuma Homura has escaped?” Jinnai asked, a bit alarmed at hearing this from the T-9006.

“Yes, she has” confirmed Tatsuya, “But apparently, the power inhibitor collar I put on her neck is still functioning, as I’m getting location readings from it.”

Phew… that’s a relief!” Jinnai exclaimed, wiping some sweat from off his brow.

“It certainly is, given how we have almost exhausted our entire list of contingency plans” Tatsuya stated.

“It was a carefully concocted genius plan with several moving parts, slowly building up over months of hard meticulous work.” Jinnai replied with picture perfect pride, “First, the bugrom and I broke Jail Scaglietti out of prison. Then Jail created you and Miyuki Dark with his cutting edge cloning technology. At the same time, Jail and I worked together, with his wondrous contraptions powered by my limitless power, to bring Hecate back from the dead, earning the loyalty of Bal Masque! Then Bal Masque helped me summon Noel the same way those silly sentimental saps in Lake Kiriya City did. Finally, Bal Masque retrieved Solemn’s Crane for me, enabling me to raise the Noise level through the roof! And with all of that, I had drawn just enough trump cards to have an unbeatable hand!”

“Though dealing with jokers like Akuma Homura and Honoka Kousaka was a bit more than we had bargained for…” Tatsuya added wryly.

“The power inhibitor you slapped on Homura…” Jinnai asked Tatsuya, “Just how much does it inhibit her?”

“It limits her to a power level roughly equivalent to that of an average Puella Magi” Tatsuya answered.

“And we still have Mami Tomoe, correct?” Jinnai asked.

“Yes” confirmed Tatsuya, “Whoever made off with Homura while we weren’t looking must not have had time to free Mami as well.”

“That rescuer must have laid in wait until we made our teleportation move… clever…” Jinnai stated, slowly stroking his chin.

“Which is why it’s important that we don’t underestimate our enemies” Tatsuya replied.

“Agreed” Jinnai responded, “Which is why we must act decisively and quickly and cover all our bases. Here’s the plan…”

While Jinnai and Tatsuya planned the finishing touches on their world domination scheme, many back in Florida were planning how to put a stop to it. Unfortunately, they had new problems to deal with…

“Stay back or Alice gets it!” exclaimed Kogetsu Shirogane, as he had his MARCH machine hold ClariS’ Alice at gunpoint.

“Kogetsu, how could you?!” shouted a deeply distraught and questioning Kirito.

Sayaka had emerged victorious over Ulith, and in the wake of that, three Puella Magi reunited in an attempt at capturing the sly slippery Scrooge that Kogetsu had become. Now cornered back in Florida by Madoka and Kyouko, Kogetsu took the one last recourse he felt he had – threats.

“I kidnapped Alice a long time ago, largely so I could create a good hostage situation if I ever needed one to bail myself out” Kogetsu stated with an evil grin.

“So you’re the reason that Alice had to leave Claris!” Kirito exploded, with his eyes popping out and his forehead throbbing.

“Kirito calm down” Dr. Casey said to him, “While I certainly understand the rage you must be feeling right now, nothing good can come from launching a wild attack while Alice is held hostage.”

“Besides, I have kept very good care of Alice these past few months” Kogetsu replied with a playful grin, “Her life has involved little more than singing songs and eating cake and drinking tea, all in a Wonderland. Is this not the dream of all anime females?”

“And what of the dreams that countless kids have at Christmas time?” moef0xZer0 asked Kogetsu, “Would you have all of those dreams quashed?”

“That sounds so adorable coming from her voice…” Dr. Casey said to himself.

“Regular psychiatric treatment, here I come!” exclaimed Darthtabby in turn.

“Moef0xZer0 is right, though” Tuxedo R stated, before addressing Kogetsu directly “Surely there must be some way to reform you of your villainy, and to help you see the value of Christmas again.”

“Hhhmmm…” mused Kogetsu in contemplative response, “There is but one imaginable holiday miracle that, if it was to actually occur, could cause me to see Christmas in a new and more hopeful light.”

“What’s that?” Kirito asked, “We’ll try anything to save Alice. Anything!”

“Well then…” Kogetsu replied, figuratively licking his chops.

A few minutes later, on the ClariS stage…

“H-Hi everyone” came the voice of a shy but highly enthusiastic school idol, “I was asked to do this in order to bring back some cool Christmas cheer to a special someone. I-I hope you all enjoy it!”

It was Muse’ Hanayo, standing alone on stage in one of the older and flashier Muse costumes, but also with one key difference…

“Look at that!” stated one audience member excitedly, “She’s wearing her glasses again!”

As blissfully happy as this made Kogetsu, it may have made one other person even more joyous.

Make mine megane!” cried Akihito Kanbara, getting choked up at the sight of Hanayo in glasses again.

“Bah…humbug!” shouted an older KyoAni male lead, known only as Kyon, having reappeared in the crowd after briefly hiding in a washroom following Asakura’s previous appearance, “Those glasses merely shroud Hanayo’s natural facial beauty. Much like glasses once did to Yuki Nagato before I wisely made her dump them.”

Kogetsu started gritting his teeth, and rubbing them furiously back and forth, while Akihito and Kyon quickly jumped into a truly fierce argument over the megane look. Thankfully, a third KyoAni male lead would resolve this dispute that truly threatened to tear the studio completely apart!

“Gentlemen, gentlemen!” exclaimed Seiya Kanie, while quickly getting between Kyon and Akihito to prevent the two from coming to blows, “Don’t let a battle of extremes turn us into lesser, violent men. There are always decent compromises available for this sort of situation! So let me now share with you my beautiful dark twisted fantasy!”

A couple minutes later…

“A monocle…” stated Sailor Faerie, at what Hanayo was now wearing.

“It’s brilliant!” exclaimed Haak in turn, gesturing like a master railroad tycoon villain.

Kanie’s move did indeed seem brilliant, as it represented a compromise that Kyon and Akihito could somewhat begrudgingly accept, and shake hands over. And even just a short moment of seeing Hanayo in both glasses and Muse outfit was enough to make Kogetsu’s heart swell three times as large, effectively ending his villainous ways. Much to Kirito’s great relief and joy, Alice was saved! Kirito then greatly gregariously greeted Alice, asking her for her autograph and making her giggle at the sight of his flamboyantly flying fanboying over her.

“Now that Alice has been saved, it’s time to turn our attentions to Sayaka and Santa” stated Konakaga

“We have a grief seed!” shouted Kyouko, as she returned alongside Kaname Madoka, the two having sought out and defeated a witch just to ensure that Sayaka would get one ASAP.

“Wow, that was fast” stated Dr. Casey with a smile.

“Lost time is never found again” replied Madoka, quoting Benjamin Franklin, “So we wasted no time in getting a grief seed for Sayaka.”

All of the Muse idols breathed a sigh of relief over that.

Kyouko then pressed a grief seed up again Sayaka’s soul gem, cleansing it of much darkness, and causing Sayaka to awake, and slowly rise to her feet.

Uunnnh…” Sayaka said, while rubbing the side of her head, “Did it work? Did I manage to heal that girl with the silver-gray hair?”

“Yes, thank you so much!” exclaimed Honoka Kousaka, as she tightly embraced Sayaka, wrapping her arms around Sayaka’s cape.

“H-Hey, no need to be that thankful” Sayaka said with a slightly shy smile.

“On the contrary, you risked your own well-being to save Kotori, and everyone in Muse will never forget that” said Nozomi.

“Thanks a lot!” stated Kotori, holding back tears.

After Honoka released Sayaka from her embrace, Umi would step forward to offer an open hand to Sayaka.

“If ever you need help in battle, swordswoman, you will have my bow” Umi said to Sayaka.

“T-Thanks” Sayaka replied, shaking Umi’s hand

“So what happened in your fight with Ulith?” totoum asked Sayaka.

“Well, here’s how it all unfolded…” Sayaka began in answer.

“Wow, it sucks that we couldn’t get to watch the end of that fight!” exclaimed Hooves.

“It’s a WIXOSS-related fight involving Aki-Lucky… so of course we never got to see the end of it” stated Konakaga jokingly.

“Ok, we’ve spent enough time fucking around here” interjected Haak, “It’s time to get this show on the road, people! Now that everybody is fine and accounted for, it’s time for us all to rush off to the North Pole and save Santa. To me, my Segway!”

And that should have been it! A veritable army of heroines and heroes gathering on Haak’s Silver Segway to storm the North Pole and save both Christmas, and now the entire world, from the maddeningly menacing machinations of Katsuhiko Jinnai! Ah, but Jinnai had prepared for just this eventuality…

“Why isn’t the Silver Segway soaring towards Haak?” asked a concerned Sailor Faerie.

The answer to that question would soon arrive in a very verbally violent way…

~~NNNOOOOOO…!!!” cried Haak, looking like the guy in Edward Munch’s The Scream painting, while sounding like Darth Vader near the end of Star Wars Episode 3, “Somebody or something bloody totaled the Silver Segway! It’s been broke into pieces! It’s a fuking disaster!”

“That is a disaster!” moef0xZer0 said, with a look of horror in her eyes.

“How are we going to get to the North Pole in time without it?!” totoum asked in great alarm.

‘How did this happen?” Tuxedo R asked.

“We’ll have to figure that out later” stated Nanoha Takamachi, reappearing after having deposited Jail Scaglietti into the hands of TSAB, “Right now, we’ll have to find an alternate way to reach the North Pole.”

“How about your friends in TSAB?” asked totoum, “Could they give us a lift?”

“If I had known about this sooner, yes” answered Nanoha, “But since they’ve already left with Jail…”

A clamorous commotion crept its way through all the gathered heroes, until…

“I guess it’s time to try out the new invention that Dr. Casey and I have been working on” stated Ledgem.

“We’ve only tested it on small animals so far, though…” Dr. Casey interjected.

“True, but what other choice do we now have?” Ledgem asked, “The entire world is at stake, after all.”

“What invention are you talking about?” asked totoum.

“It is inspired by the transporters in Star Trek” Dr. Casey answered, “Ledgem and I have only very recently perfected a mode of almost instantaneous transportation over great distances!”

“However it is relatively untested and we can only send four people per use and it can only be used once per every four hours”, added in Ledgem.

“So which of the four of us should be the ones to go…” totoum mused to himself.

“Well, I’m definitely going!” exclaimed Sayaka, “This was all up to me to begin with, after all, and I will not be letting Mami down.”

“I must also insist on going” stated Nanoha Takamachi, firmly, “Capturing Katsuhiko Jinnai is now official TSAB business, and so that is my mission to complete.”

“Two volunteers already… good to see.” Ledgem stated, impressed at the heroism and dedication on display.

Then a third person stepped forward, the most surprising of the three thus far.

“I want to go.” Honoka Kousaka stated.

“Ho-Honoka!” exclaimed Umi.

“Why the hell do you want to go?” Nico asked Honoka, “You’re a school idol, not a school boxer or a school martial artist or a school kendo star, or anything like that!”

“I feel like I have to go to avenge Kotori” explained Honoka, “I feel like I have to go to pick up for Muse, and to represent Muse!”

Dr. Casey then whispered something to Tuxedo R while Honoka pleaded her case.

“I agree with Honoka” Tuxedo R then stated after hearing Dr. Casey’s whisper, causing a surprised reaction in much of the gathered crowd, “And I also agree with Nanoha and Sayaka. The three of them and me will be the four to transport into the North Pole, and stop Jinnai!”

“Is that really the best team we can send?” asked Hooves, somewhat dubious about the idea.

“Trust Tuxedo R on this” stated totoum, winking at Hooves, “We all have a plan in mind here.”

“Well it’s not like we have much time to spare here” stated Sailor Faerie, “So we should just go with this all-volunteer team!”

And with that, and several ganbattes, the Christmas rescue team of Tuxedo R, Sayaka Miki, Nanoha Takamachi, and Honoka Kousaka would all begin to be transported to the North Pole. Ah, but a fifth person might be joining them.

“I’m kind of surprised that you didn’t insist on going as well” an eyebrow-raising Konokaga said to Kirito, with him finally finishing his fanboying over ClariS’ Alice, “After all, this would be a great chance for you to not only meet Mami, but rescue her as well!”

“What?” asked Kirito, his face looking as though he had been struck by lightning, “If that team is off to save Mami, then I’m not being left behind!”

Kirito then raced forward, surprising many people as he pushed them aside, but what was most surprising is what came next. Kirito touched the hem of Tuxedo R’s cape, just in time to be transported away along with Tuxedo R.

“Oh no, can the machine handle a fifth person?!” asked a deeply concerned Ledgem.

“Don’t worry, it’s Kirito” stated Dr. Casey with a grin, “He’s made an entire livelihood out of breaking the rules and hacking systems to get what he wants!"

Shortly thereafter in the North Pole, only a few hundred feet from Santa’s largest workshop…

“You never cease to amaze, do you?” Tuxedo R asked Kirito.

“I had to come. Mami needs help!” Kirito replied.

“I was going to take care of that” Sayaka stated.

“This is better though” Tuxedo R interjected, “Kirito can rush after Mami, while the rest of us look for Jinnai. They may well be in different locations.”

“They are” confirmed Nanoha, looking at readings displayed by Raising Heart, “I’m picking up readings for a gigantic Christmas tree that is emanating incredibly immense quantities of magical energy! I suspect that’s where Jinnai is.”

“While Mami is probably held somewhere in Santa’s largest workshop” stated Honoka.

“Can we really trust you to save Mami all on your own?” Sayaka asked Kirito.

“Yes absolutely!” Kirito stated confidently.

“Ok, then I guess we’ll go with Tuxedo R’s plan” Sayaka stated, “Let’s get this taken care of once and for all!”

Meanwhile, back in Florida…

“While I wish them luck, it kind of sucks that the rest of us just get to sit here and wait”, stated totoum.

“He that can have patience can have what he will” replied Kaname Madoka, quoting Benjamin Franklin.

“That’s certainly true of your fellow Team America members, since they were recalled to Washington after Ryoko’s defeat” stated Moef0Xzer0, “Still, I understand totoum’s sentiments. It would feel better if we could fight as well.”

“Then you will…” came an oddly meek yet menacing voice from above.

“Miyuki Dark!” exclaimed Sailor Faerie.

“And Bal Masque is with her!” Dr. Casey added in shout.

“In the name of Onii-Sama, I will punish you!” proclaimed Miyuki Dark, as now she would imitate a certain famous magical girl.

Miyuki Dark wouldn’t be the only one to proudly promise punishment this day, though...

Kirito carefully snuck into Santa’s largest workshop, desperately searching for Mami Tomoe. Finally, and with much relief, he would find her! Without wasting any time for words, Kirito rushed over to Mami’s chair, and started to work to free her from it.

“Who are you?” Mami asked him.

“Someone who’s going to…”

“Regret ever meddling where he isn’t wanted”

Kirito then grunted loudly, as a midair spinning kick sent him flying against the wall. Mami looked deeply alarmed, while Kirito’s attacker landed with great finesse, both feet on the floor in confident stance.

“W-who are you?” Kirito asked, as he slowly rose to his feet.

“You really don’t know who I am?” asked Kirito’s attacker, raising an eyebrow.

“Wait… no…” Kirito stated, coming to a deeply dauntingly distressing realization.

“That’s right, Kirito, I am Tatsuya” stated the T-9006, “I am the undisputed King of all Gary Stus. I save every girl I come across while you continually need them to save you. It’s truly disgustingly weak for a supposed Gary Stu. And so it will be with great pleasure that I eliminate a pathetic lesser Gary Stu in you.”

And so now we turn to the final front in the war to save Christmas…

“Only a few minutes left!” exclaimed Jinnai, now standing directly in front of the tremendously towering Orbital Death Christmas Tree, “In only a few short minutes, this tree will be fully charged, and ready to discharge enough energy to obliterate entire cities! And then I will hack into all of the major news networks, demanding every nation on Earth to surrender to me!”

“That surrender will never happen!” shouted Nanoha Takamachi, as an overhead blast from her grazed by Jinnai's right arm.

Katsuhiko Jinnai then turned about to see Tuxedo R, Nanoha Takamachi, Sayaka Miki, and Honoka Kousaka all heading towards him.

“So the cavalry finally arrives, I see.” Jinnai stated, “Although you should know that the four of you are nowhere near enough to defeat me!”

“Don’t patronize us with your false bravado” stated Nanoha Takamachi, as her and her three allies in this mission all came to a stop about thirty feet away from where Jinnai now stood, “We give you one chance to surrender peacefully.”

“Otherwise, you’ll regret it!” Sayaka shouted at Jinnai.

“Oh will I now?” asked Jinnai, raising an eyebrow, “I defeated you once before, you bumbling blue-haired bimbo, and I’ll be more than happy to do it again!”

“You’ll need an army to have any chance of defeating us!” Honoka exclaimed, while Tuxedo R groaned given just who she had said that to.

“That can certainly be arranged, my dear!” Jinnai replied with his largest evil grin yet, “Say hello to my not-so-little friend…”

Then, walking out from behind the orbital death Christmas tree was a ginormous creature standing over thirty feet tall. He looked like an insect crossed with a large mecha, with round thick balls for “hands”.

“The super bugrom…” Tuxedo R said to himself, recognizing this creature from El Hazard.

The Super Bugrom punched downwards, splitting off Tuxedo R from his three female allies, and sending them all scattering!

Nanoha took once more to the skies, blasting at the Super Bugrom, but to no avail.

“His hide is incredibly thick…” she said to herself, “And he has remarkable maneuverability for such a large monstrosity. I’ll need at least three Divine Busters to defeat this thing, but to safely charge up for those three shots I’ll need help! Can Sayaka and Honoka…”

Honoka raced about in great adrenaline-pumping fear! She raced directly into Sayaka’s arms.

“Sayaka, save me!” Honoka cried.

“Honoka, calm down, or we’ll... AAAAAHHHHH!!!”

Honoka and Sayaka were both sent flying and shouting due to another devastating descending punch from the Super Bugrom.

“Sigh…” Nanoha whispered to herself.

Tuxedo R looked on at his three troubled allies, while he slowly neared a noticeably calm and relaxed Jinnai, with Jinnai's arms neatly folded.

“Even old weapons have their uses at times...” a grinning Jinnai stated, referring to the Super Bugrom, “But soon I will have the truly ultimate new weapon, which will ensure the beginning of my permanent conquest of Earth!”

“That’s not going to happen” Tuxedo R said to Jinnai.

“You honestly expect to defeat me by yourself?” Jinnai asked, raising an eyebrow high.

“Even with the Super Bugrom splitting me off from Nanoha and Sayaka and Honoka, I’m not by myself” Tuxedo R replied, “All of the JLMG are with me in spirit, and I have other allies that will soon be with me in person.”

Tuxedo R then gestured dramatically with his cape, as sparkling streaking streams of water came flowing out of it. And then…

“Behold the full might of Canada!” cried Tuxedo R, “Behold this army of beavers!”

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha…!” laughed Jinnai contemptuously at the sight of dozens of beavers holding rocket-launchers.

The camera then slowly zoomed around Tuxedo R, before focusing in on a profile shot of his face.

My beaversfire.”

To Be Concluded…!!!

--------

Notes - Link above is to Star Trek music. If you read exactly as fast as I do, it'll synch up nicely with the end of the chapter. Otherwise, listen to the last 20 seconds or so of it while you read the last few sentences of the chapter, in order to get the desired effect.

MARCH machine - Stands for Mechanical Armed Rabbit for Causing Havoc, name by Kogetsu Shirogane

Just to be clear, I talked with AS member Ledgem elsewhere about him being added to the fanfic, and he thankfully agreed. I figured adding a long-time AS member like that at this late juncture might make for a good plot twist.

I think this covers all the important plot points, but if anybody notices a plot hole, please tell me. I really hope everyone enjoys this penultimate chapter!

Anime shows featured in this chapter:
Puella Magi Madoka Magica (Madoka, Sayaka, Kyoko, Mami, and overall setting)
El Hazard: The Magnificent World (Katsuhiko Jinnai, Super Bugrom)
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (Tatsuya Dark, Miyuki Dark)
Love Live! School Idol Project (all of Muse)
Shakugan no Shana (Hecate, Bel Peol, Sydonay, Dantalion)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Kyon)
Kyokai no Kanta (Akihito Kanbara)
Amagi Brilliant Park (Seiya Kanie)
Other anime references - will explain any if requested.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2014-12-20 at 22:59.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-20, 04:54   Link #476
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Hey, Triple R. I'm here like I promised in the last PM. It took some doing but now I can finally get to this review. Forgive me for cutting on the formalities, but I have to say: I'm not confident in my review. None the less... I keep my promises and I have ClariS playing as usual. Well let's get this parted started....

Ahem:

Spoiler for Review Breakdown:

None the less. Like I always say Dwarven Vow #41: It’s better to begin in the evening then not begin at all!

Spoiler for A "Magical" Puella Magi Christmas Tale:

Grading Time:
Spoiler for Pros:

Spoiler for Cons:

Phew! Damn. I went from 9pm to 5am to get this review done. I had to go back, edit, and change some things, but like I said in a PM (if you read it) that I will write it on Friday and get it to you ASAP. It's Saturday in the morning, but I hope the work speaks for itself. Like I said: I'm not confident that I did a great job in this review, but I promise you I put a lot of heart and dedication into writing this. Please trust me on this!

I'm all caught up now. Well I'm off to bed. Thank god I don't have work tomorrow. So until then next update. Until then dude, until then!
Old 2014-12-20, 09:51   Link #477
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
“Somebody or something bloody totaled the Silver Segway!
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-12-20, 18:09   Link #478
Akito Kinomoto

Quote:
“That’s right, Kirito, I am Tatsuya” stated the T-9006, “I am the undisputed King of all Gary Stus. I save every girl I come across while you continually need them to save you. It’s truly disgustingly weak for a supposed Gary Stu. And so it will be with great pleasure that I eliminate a pathetic lesser Gary Stu in you.”
My sides XD

Although I'm certain we got to see most of Aki-Lucky's fights in their entirety.

Long chapter is long, but it was quite a while since the last one so.
GANBARIMASU
Old 2014-12-20, 21:31   Link #479
Darthtabby

Should I be considering the beavers with rocket launchers thing totally cool or totally uncool?

The gary stu showdown. It just had to happen.

Thanks for the cameo. Though for an urgent delivery like that I think a VF-25 would be a better choice than another Santa Cruz. Plus I've actually cosplayed as a VF-25 pilot, albeit not in flight gear. Then again, the VF-25 pilot I've cosplayed as has jokingly been accused of being a siscon for his doting, and considering the whole mess with MoeFoxZero... yeah, let's not go there.

I guess Noel's saucer is still playing Independence Day over the White House?

Last edited by Darthtabby; 2014-12-20 at 21:51.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-21, 03:33   Link #480
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Nice, though I would have gone for "I cut knife"

Quote:
“And what that means, brother, is that the Christmas and Hulkamania combo gets a second chance, and I always make good on second chances!” shouted Hulk Hogan, gesturing theatrically, complimented by Santa’s jolly laughter.
This line is slightly ironic in light of my mental image of badass Santa Claus drawing heavily on Bill Goldberg playing Evil Santa in the movie Santa's Slay.

Quote:
My sides XD.
It had me cracking up too. The real question is which girl bails out Kirito this time, Mami or m0ef0x?

Edit: You know what would have made the KyoAni leads fighting about glasses even better? Chitanda getting agitated and trying to convince Oreki to do something about it with hand gestures (see the beginning of Hyouka episode 6 for reference).

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.

Last edited by 0utf0xZer0; 2014-12-21 at 04:22.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote